Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #541  

Good Night Chicks - I'm off to the fitness trail......See you tomorrow........In better shape than today...........
Old 05-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #542  

You know what's scary about this? How many times have we at LAWL counselors telling us that LA bars (soy protein) helps with skin elasticity? I still don't know if I BELIEVE it, but it's interesting to hear it come from someone with nothing to sell.

We have one or two gals here who are pushing 100 pounds lost...how's your skin holding up?

Fiona
Old 05-25-2005, 06:06 PM   #543  

Default Pedometers, tofu, etc

Hi, everyone -

Popping in quick to say hi!

Carmen - I use a pedometer, too, as some days I do an awful lot of walking for work, so I'll check in with you at the exercise yard. Monday I did 9472 steps, yesterday 7750, today - forgot to wear it in my rush out of the house, but I was office bound today so I probably only managed about 3000 steps.

For some reason that tofu chick has been all over the news lately, but a few weeks ago they were profiling her as doing a "Backwards Diet" eating dinner -size in am and then having the cereal at night. However, she lost the weight about six years ago and she was 25 then? So maybe she still has the skin elasticity some of us don't have anymore.

Time to head home
Melissa the videochick
Old 05-25-2005, 06:42 PM   #544  

Hey chicks. Went to the COD today. Gained a pound! I was extremely dissapointed. I did eat a cookie, so I think that was the problem. At least I hope. Do you guys know if eating 5 or so lean cuisines a week is bad? Or if it is worse than eating baked chicken or something? I love the lean cuisines, they taste great and it means I don't have to cook a meal.

Carmen- That's really cool that your company is taking the initiative to keep their workers healthy. What sort of company do you work for?

Karen- I'm not sure if this is true, but one of the ladies at my COD said you can get water "poisoning" if you drink too much water. I was drinking about 32 oz more than the reccommended 64 and she told me to cut back. I'm not always sure that these ladies know what they're talking about, but I wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

All of you chicks have a wonderful day tomorrow and good luck staying POP!

-Neen
Old 05-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #545  

Hey chicks -hope you all have had a great day. I am still working on the H20.

Neen - a pound up could be related to a lot of things - TOM, or the clothes or jewelry you are wearing -- or you could just be really sensitive to sodium. The LC's (Lean Cuisines) are terrific - I love them, but I try to limit them because of the sodium. And sometimes even when we do everything right, it's just a bad day on the scale. About water poisioning - it is possible - but you have to drink a LOT of water - it happens when the electrolyte levels in your systems get out of whack (very scientific I know) like when you are training for a marathon.

Haylo - welcome to onederland -the water is fine - I'm testing the 180's now - it's even better! Got my fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

About the soy protein- I do believe that there may be something to it - my prob is that the LAWL counselors seem to think that the bars are the only way to get it -- I swear I'm going to ask for documentation the next time they tell me something like that.

Irish - how many cals in one? If it has about 10, I'd count 3 as a free food - it's not any worse than ff cool whip! Or chewing gum!

Fiery - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! Enjoy every minute of it!

Karen/MC - when is your graduation? Soon, isn't it? (about the water weight - have you tried it with lemon - maybe the acid will help? I found small packets of crytalized lemon juice at the store a few weeks ago - much easier to handle than fresh citrus)

Carmen, you will get that 25 pound avatar - I see it in your future ---I'm with you on the sunshine, chickie - I am tired of this COLD and DREARY weather!

Fiona - Hope the interview goes well - sounds like you just have to be a good listener with this one!

I will say this about putting my plan on hold PLUS trying not to go overboard on purchasing food for the next two weeks - it is a challenge to not go for the box of pasta in the pantry . . .And there is a little trip anxiety in there too -

Hugs to all, and see you tomorrow!

Julie
Old 05-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #546  

Good Morning Chickies!!!

It is so rainy, and gloomy here in Massachusetts..If I wasn't so set against UV Tanning, I'd be going today just for the simple fact of having some sun therapy!

I went to WI afterwork, made a huge mistake though, I didn't get to eat my lunch until 2:30, and had 3 bottles of water From 3:00-4:30, so I was up 1.6 lbs. I did tell her I had eaten later, and the water, and the CO laughed, and said the 1.6 lbs is just your food and water then. I was disappointed that the scale wasn't down. I normally eat at noon, and try and have all of my waters in before 3m, and go to weigh in. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #547  

Height: 5' 4"

About the soy.....

I don't eat the lites at all.... I've lost alot of weight; and yes, I have some sagging skin. I asked the doctor about it, and he told me that diet and exercise was all that I could do to help it. I have horrible stretch marks that were from pregnancies. I have noticed that most of my sagging skin are in the areas where my skin stretched during pregnancy. My second pregnancy is what messed my body up bad. My kids are 21 months apart and I was still a teenager at the time. I haven't been exercising, even though I need to. After this conquest is finished, I plan to attempt to conquer the exercising challenge. I can't afford both. And with going to school, I just haven't had time. But, I can say that my stomach doesn't look any worse than it did before I lost the weight. I think the water helps alot with our skin too....

I have heard of water poisoning, but I think it is a large amount in a short period of time. For instance, there was some fraternity kids that died from chugging water during there intitiations. I'm not sure how much in what period of time is dangerous. I spoke to the counselors about my water intake. I get mixed feelings. Don't drink too much, if you are thirsty--go ahead. So, I don't know. I don't like lemons. Is there anything else I can try? I feel like a balloon that is about to pop today....

I graduated on May 12!

Last edited by MetalChic; 05-26-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:55 AM   #548  

Good morning, chicks!

Faced the scale this AM - I was at 191 - which isn't too bad considering TOM is just around the corner ---

The SUN is finally shining today, and it's supposed to get up to 80 tomorrow! I am really happy about that!

About water weight - I guess it was Melissa that did the newish TO regime - they suggested fish and asparagus? I have heard in other places that asparagus is good for water retention. A lot of the PMS medications also have stuff in them to help bloating. Not sure if these really work, though.

Irish -- there's an old saying - a pint's a pound the world around - in other words a pint of water weighs about a pound. So yes, if you drank a lot of water and ate late before WI it would show up on the scale.

Karen/MC - how did I miss your graduation?? Congrats!!! Do you have plans to continue on?

About skin, I do think that it will return somewhat, but it depends on how bad it's gotten - and your age - and your exercise level - and I think it just takes time! And we all want results RIGHT NOW, right?

Skinny vibes to all

Julie (still trying to stay away from the box of pasta)
Old 05-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #549  

Default Morning

Hi Chicks....

It's Friday for me - be up north tomorrow - garage saling.......

Irish - About WI at COD I have rules about when I go. I always try and go around the same time of day, prior to eating lunch. If I can't manage those guidelines - I just don't go that day. I would much rather wait until the next day when everything is right with the world..... I hate seeing the scale go up. I'm with Julie and your gain was just the water and the late lunch. I know it is hard for you to be okay with the scale going up though - no matter what the circumstances.

Melissa - Your mentioned "So maybe she still has the skin elasticity some of us don't have anymore." Ofcourse that has alot to do with it, youth is something I for one, can't duplicate anymore That's why I say - thank God for plastic surgery

Fiona - Good point about us making fun of the COD 's about the bars 'shrinking our skin'. But I can still picture this: The counslors calling the nutrionist (who is chillin on sofa, eating bon-bons, watching tv), asking what benifits about the bars she can tell the clients for more sales. That's when the nutrionist comes up with tell them the Lites 'shink hanging skin.' For me, the fact that they are called Double Chocolate is enuf

Julie - Stay out of the pasta......repeat after me "PASTA IS "
Good idea to keep weighing even while your on hold, that way you can monitor your weight very closely and won't have to re-lose the same pounds. (Like some of us have - won't mention any names).....

Neen - I too, Love the Lean Cusines. I try not to eat more than 3 a week, something that easy can't be good for you...... Being a pound up is easy. I know life's not fair I have noticed that when I eat off plan, there is no way to tell why I gained, but just knowing about the 'off plan' eating is enuf.......

Hugs to all...........................
Old 05-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #550  

I went to the COD today...

I got the stabilization and maintenance information

I am going to start on Monday......
Old 05-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #551  

Karen, I am both SO Jealous AND SO happy for you -- hope you'll continue to hang with us now that you've graduated in this too -- I guess the scale cooperated today??

Star, hope you make lots of money at the sale this weekend, and get rid of a lot of things too --- it's a holiday weekend, so hopefully you'll have a lot of people come by.

Julie
Old 05-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #552  

it's TOM that scale ain't moving until next week
Old 05-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #553  

Karen - you are Queen For the Day -

Julie - At our place up north - Memorial Day Weekend is the official weekend for mass garage sales........I love to go but I'll be stuck at our sale Maybe DH will take charge and let me roam the streets
Old 05-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #554  

I'm on day 2 of take-off (I decided to do another one since I'd starting cheating a little) and I HATE take-off!!! I really miss the fruits and carbs we're normally allowed to have. I promise to be a good girl from now on if I don't have to do take-off again....

However, I went to COD today and I'm down to 229.5 - I'm praying I never see the other side of 230 again. I've lost 11 pounds so far - 3.6 pounds per week....I really wish I could keep this rate up, but I'm not counting on it. When I feel like cheating, I just come over and read the board to remotivate myself. The counselors aren't exactly awe-inspriring, my main motivation is the stupid scale. I'm a pleaser, and I hate when I don't meet expectations, so the threat of having them catch me gaining weight is more than enough to keep me okay with the cash I've paid them.

Its almost Friday!!! Too bad its supposed to rain this weekend or I'd be garage sale happy myself this weekend.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #555  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hello Ladies-

Haylo-Congrats on getting below 200. There's nothing stopping you now!! Good Job

Karen! WOOHOO Congrats. I hope to be joining you soon. We could start a maintenance thread and wait for the others to join us.

Julie-I'm just doing the gold right now. I was just maintaining on the red. So I decided to go back to the gold. Plus I've been missing my workouts lately. I need to get back on track with that.

About the skin. Mine seems to have gone back just fine. My stomach is a bit saggy, but I think that is more from having a child than the weight loss. My stomach has shrunk a lot, but I'll never be a bikini model. Now flab... that's another story.

I'm so excited my old counselor (the assistant manager) is back at my center. She changed centers when I was at about 190. She's back now and I'm so excited. She is at about the same weight as me. Which I find unbelievable because she seems so much thinner than I do. (although she thinks I'm thinner than her) Anywho. We are going to try to lose the last of the weight together. I have six weeks left (I guess they put me on hold because I wasn't going to the center). So we are going to finish the six weeks out together. It'll be fun. She wants to lose 10 more pounds and I think I might try for 145 (another 7 pounds) My goal is still 149, but I'm gonna try to see if I can get to 145, so I can have a 5 pound buffer. So I'm doing take of today and tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I'm at 152.2 today. 83.6 pounds lost! So close to the 85 pound Avatar! and to my goal.

Well, it was great to read all of your posts. Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow. So I'm going be cranky and headachey. I also think TOM is about to pay a visit, so I should be really fun to be around.
Closed Thread