Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #211  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hello Chickies-
Just read a few days worth of posts again. I haven't been OP for a few days and am trying to get motivated to get back in to the swing of things. I think I read that
Fiona and Solocat were doing the same thing... so thanks guys. You have motivated me to get back on track!
I'm just not writing things down and I'm kind of "winging it" also. That is a good way for me to get off track. Anyway, I've decided to be POP on the red plan for a couple of weeks and if I don't lose anything then I will talk to the "counselors" (sorry I'm feeling negative about them right now. My new favorite couselor left, so I'm lost again).
I love going to the gym and working out, but I'm finding that I'm making that an excuse to eat poorly, so I've got to nip that in the bud!
I'm up about 3 pounds. So I'm at 159 eeks. That's too close to the 160 mark. Anyway, I need to get re-motivated and get these pounds off. I now have 10 pounds to go again. That's not too bad right?! I can still do this.
It's only another 5 weeks or so. (I'm just acting like I'm not going to hit a plateau. So pleeease don't tell me otherwise )

Audit-Thanks for responding. I hope that once I'm POP that I'll have the same success.

Hi to Julie,Sy and Star and all you chickies! Welcome newbies. Talk to you all later.

Mandy
Old 05-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #212  

hmm, wondering something, any input you gals have would be great.

Like most, I think, I paid for my estimated weight-loss weeks plus 6 weeks of stabilization and a full year of maintenance. Now, I know I'm coming to the end of my WL weeks here pretty quick and I'm NOWHERE near goal - not the program's fault of course, I take full responsibility - but I'm thinking of seeing if I can convince my center to let me apply the weeks I've already paid for to my weight-loss program and then purchase more maintenance weeks (or not ) when I get closer to goal.

Do you think they'll work with me? I'm NOT buying more weeks any time in the immediate future, we're TOO broke with all the house-buying stuff going on...they've already got my money so threatening to walk away won't get me anywhere...what can/will they do if you get to the end of your weeks and you're not at goal, but you refuse to buy more???

Fiona
Old 05-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #213  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Fiona-I think they should work with you. That sounds totally reasonable and if they don't... I guess you could have them put your file on hold until you reach your goal or until you can afford to buy more weeks. I would hope they would work with you though. I would just go directly to the office manager or assistant manager and ask them. Plus if you really needed to you really could walk away. I was going to quit before and I was going to get all of my remaining weeks refunded. I think it's a long drawn out process, but you can get your money back for your weeks. Just not any of the supplements or products. I don't think that it will come down to that, but I just thought I'd mention my experience with that. .....

One more thing, I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I remember hearing that once your weeks are up you can go week to week. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's worth looking in to.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #214  
Goal - 150 lbs.

hey everyone. I'm back from my trip and so excited. I was stressed all weekend because on top if being at my grandfather's funeral i didn't know how I was going to stay OP. We ate out the whole time. Luckily my partner and I studied the menus and found some good choices cause when I weighed in with my counselor tonight I lost 4 pounds over the weekend. YAY!. I'm really excited, though my counselor doesn't seem all that impressed.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #215  
217/177.8/150ish

Fiona I asked them what happens when you reach the end and your not at goal if either you didn't lose it or you want to go lower and they told me that normally if youv'e done everything, like go in and take your journal and all that then they will let you keep going and not charge you... Now like I said I asked that when I first started if they really do it I don't know but thats what I was told..

I was up .2 today but not bad considering the evil visitor popped in..

I have to say the jetstart is great like a smoothie MMMM I haven't had coffee in forever.. Also the vanilla meal replacement is good too..

Hey has anyone ever counted up the calories consumed on this??
Old 05-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #216  
217/177.8/150ish

woohoo well Im friggen impressed Melissa considering you just started and ive been on it for a little over a month and your almost caught up with me now.. Im glad to hear that you found good food choices.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #217  

FireyRed: A BIG congrats to you. I knew you could do it. Wise choices on the road in resturants is a huge accomplishment! Being down 4 lbs is almost impossible. WTG!!!

Star: I knew you'd be green. You know we aren't going because it's bike week, it's just the week that Linda (condo owner) picked to go south (as she's going to Nebraska next month for her son's wedding). My brother doesn't go to BW in SC, he normally goes to Lake George and Flordia. I'm hoping to pick up a camera as I'm sure it a site to see in itself. LOL!

Julie: I've only been to NYC via a tour bus, so we didn't have to drive. I don't have my map handy, but I believe we can pickup 17 again outside of Raleigh, NC - but that I believe would take us to Wilmington, NC and it's kind of out of the way as we stay at Surfside Beach - a little south of the city of MB. I think the biker's hang out in Murrell's Inlet - that is where we normally go for dinner. May have to change our plans as I'm sure that places will be packed!

I knew it was going to be bike week, and just thought of all the traffic - someone mentioned the noise. Yikes, forgot all about the Harley noise - I'll have to bring ear plugs.

Well, gotta run - still have packing to do, and get DH setup with some things before leaving.

Star, I'm going to be computerless while on vacation. Only tech-o thing I'm bringing with me is my cellphone. Have to make sure I have all the numbers I need programmed in the phone before I leave.

Have a great evening everyone. Hugs, Sy
Old 05-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #218  

Okay, today was one of those days...LONG! But I did go to the COD and did the weigh-in I was dreading. Up about a pound... . I did mention that my old pants were staring to fit, so she noted that they hadn't measured me for a bit. Annnnddddd....I have lost at least one inch on each of the differing measurements!! Definitely helped with the motivation.

The counselor also suggested the TO for 2 days, but said she understood it was pricey, so to try and stay on plan and then maybe think about it for my next WI. Meanwhile my mind was spinning and I was thinking..."I'll just do the Knudsen's juice and Lunas." But which Knudsen's is it??!! Help!!

I have to say it was very good to finally come home and settle down and take some time to read today's postings. Thanks for the article Starlyn!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:03 AM   #219  

Well me wings are back on as far as weight loss I was down again, hopefully it continues to go that way. As happy as I should be about that I am in one of those frustrated moods. I have been thinking about a career change, and recently I thought about becoming a pharmacutical representative, well I ran it by my mother and she said, sounds like a good idea. I also told her I was thinking about selling Mary Kay and she said okay whatever. Well, just when I thought I was going to get things going, I met up with my parents after volleyball practice and my parents said I was making a huge mistake and that I should continue Speech Therapy. I told I am planning on finishing my degree, but I just wanted to do something different (basically I am burnt out and bored to death of my job). I told them that I wasn't planning on quiting or anything, but that I just wanted to try different things. My mother's response was if you want to do something else then you need to go to school. And instead of being a pharmacy rep, you should be a pharmacist. She then said and as far as the mary kay stuff, don't even think about bringing it into my house. Well, I had already called my friend and told her I would be willing to sell Mary Kay, but know I have run into a major problem. I live with my parents so I can't do it without my mother's consent. Unfornuatly, I can't afford to live on my own right now, otherwise I wouldn't be thinking of trying to sell things.

Hmm, maybe I should just become a LAWL nutritionist. Anyways, all my ideas have been shot down. I guess I better start looking into going to more school.

Sorry for the venting, but I somehow typing this out helps the anger go away.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:45 AM   #220  

Haylo: I can tell your frustrated. You didn't say what your current occupation was (and if you did in your BIO I can't remember). I did read that you were 27, living at home and working on your master's in speech pathology. I've heard that Pham Sales is a great job and I'm sure your education is in the right field for that. Maybe your parents just want you to finish up your education and get out on your own? How far away are you from getting your Masters? Don't give up your dreams and if your parents are like my mother, they worry about everything their children do (no matter what the age). Follow your dream.

Solo: I've found that you really have to ask if you want your measurements taken. I've only had my measurements taken twice. Great that your old pants fit and your down a inch in your measurements. Just stick POP and you will have that pound off.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time I got over the water requirements. Hope I can keep that up. Thanks for the reminder yesterday (I think it was Thunder who said it). Cheers.

I've got a work meeting locally today, then to the funeral home to get my aunt's funeral prepaid, then to the Federal Bldg to get her SS card, then the country clerk's office for her marriage license, then dentist appt at 1:30, and teeth cleaning at 2:30, then my weekly visit to see my sister - needless to say, a very busy day! I will be MIA and will try to catch up with everyone later this evening or tomorrow. Hugs, ~Sy~
Old 05-10-2005, 08:04 AM   #221  

Sy: I am currently a Speech Therapist Assissant. in a School District. The only reason why I am considered an Asst. is because I only have my Bachelors degree, there isn't very much difference between having a Master's and not except that with a Master's you have more paperwork, more responsibitilies, and you don't have to be supervised.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #222  

Morning Chicks -
Just wanted to pop in and say HI, as I'm drinking my very first Jetstart. Let me go read posts from last night and I'll be back.......
Yum - this is pretty good stuff.......
Old 05-10-2005, 08:53 AM   #223  
217/177.8/150ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by haylo921

Hmm, maybe I should just become a LAWL nutritionist. Anyways, all my ideas have been shot down. I guess I better start looking into going to more school.
well good I think you should, at least you'd call the centers back.

Don't worry you'll figure out what you really like and want to do!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #224  

Happy Tuesday everyone! I don't know about where all of you are but today it is So this weekend I was so bad I had the worst sweet tooth ever and I ate a I felt bad, and was just dreading weigh in yesturday. I haven't really been strict to plan I eat what I am suppose to eat I just was a little hungier than normal this weekend, and ate more veggies. Which I guess really isn't a bad thing. Anywho..I went to weigh in, and I felt really bloated, and not less like I did last week. So as I stepped on the scale I fully expected me to be back up to 189 or 188 or something. I kept my eyes closed, and when My counsler exlaimed good job I was in total shock!!!! I lost 1/2 a lb.....So yesturday, and today I've been really good so far. I just don't get it...it is weird how that happens..lol

I so don't want to be at work today, I would rather be outside enjoying this gorgeous weather!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #225  

Good morning all - I am having the hardest time getting both starches and all three fruits in. I have been back on LAWL since May 2. Did TO first three days and went back on purple plan since then. I also don't rememeber the LA lites tasting like this it could be the ones I purchased from Ebay.

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should have a slice of diet bread in the morning rather than trying to get it in at dinner. Not sure. Maybe if you guys could give me an idea of a typical day's spread for you. IE Breakfast = FFS, Lunch=PDVV, Dinner=PVVS, Snack=F etc.

I want to start working out at Curves next week. I am going to check the exercise yard and see if anyone on LAWL goes to Curves and how they feel about lifting weights while on LAWL.

Thanks guys
Closed Thread