Subsitution for Take-Off?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Does anyone have a subsitution that they use for Take-off? I really did not like the Take-off and I would like to do it again but I would like an alternative.

Thanks!!!! Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!!
  • The Knudsen's brand "Simply Delicious Morning Blend" is almost identical to the Take Off juice, except that it costs 75% less. At my store, Knudsens has several varieties of juice, you may find one that's more to your taste (compare nutrient values, though). Otherwise, you can substitute canteloupe (a 1/8 slice for each serving of juice) or I think the ORIGINAL TO plan, before they introduced their overpriced juice, was half an orange, four times a day. Hope that gives you some ideas!

Fiona
  • i'm new to the board but have been doing lawl for a little over a year... you can also use the hollywood juice diet they sell it at walmart and it is the same exact thing as the to juice. it recomends a fast, but you can use it in place of th to juice and do the lawl to plan.
  • Where can you buy the -The Knudsen's brand "Simply Delicious Morning Blend"-?

I would like to buy this instead, cause I would like to do the take off plans every 2-3 weeks, but the cost is bleeeh!!

Please PM with a reply if you can
  • Knudsen's Morning Blend
    Quote: Where can you buy the -The Knudsen's brand "Simply Delicious Morning Blend"-?

I would like to buy this instead, cause I would like to do the take off plans every 2-3 weeks, but the cost is bleeeh!!

Please PM with a reply if you can
    In the US they have it at major grocery stores (Cub, Rainbow, and I know a local coop sells it as well). Here is the link for Knudsen's you can put in your zip code to see if there is a store near you: www_knudsenjuices.com/
  • Riylee- You can buy Knudsens juice at Co-op but they usually don't have many choices. You would be better off going to a Organic grocery store or sometimes the Canadian Superstore sells it.
    Don't buy the unsweetened Grapefruit, it's nasty!
  • thanks for replying, I'll try to look for it!
  • Hi riylee, you can try the Tropical Blend from Sunrype, it has almos the same ingredients. I buy it at Superstore for about 3.50cnd if not, you can use half of a cantaloupe a day.
  • Really??? I might have to try that!! I love those drinks, and thought the take off did taste very similar. Cataloupe - if I do this, 1 whole one for the whole take off period then, hmmmmmm I wonder. lol Sounds almost better then the juice, and much cheaper! lol I will look into the sunripe tho! thanks a bunch everyone
  • Quote: Hi riylee, you can try the Tropical Blend from Sunrype, it has almos the same ingredients. I buy it at Superstore for about 3.50cnd if not, you can use half of a cantaloupe a day.
    I forgot to ask, do I use it the same way as the take-off? one cup to one cup of water, twice a day?
  • Nutrition facts for Tropical Blend by SUN-RYPE
    Per 250ml
    Calories 130
    Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0g
    Sodium 20mg
    Potassium 370mg
    Carbohydrate 31g
    -fiber 0g
    -sugars 30g
    Protein 1g
    -----------------------
    vitamin A 2%
    vitamin C 100%
    Calcium 2%
    Iron 4%

*Naturally occurring fruit sugars

Ingredients: Fruit juices from concentrate (filtered water, concentrated apple &/or pear, orange, pineapple & passion fruit juices) mango puree concentrate, citric acid (for tartness), natural flavor, and vitamin c

Would someone be as kind to post the Take-off one? Because I am ending my 4 weeks, and I wanted to do a take off I think if these ingredients closely match! I would greatly appreciate it.
  • I have found this, I can not confirm it.

ww.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/la-weight-loss/takeoff-juice
  • well if that is true, it's has more stuff then the sunrype including price! The only dif I can sort of see is that it has more vitamins; which I think can be replaced with a multivitamin?
  • I have a bottle of takeoff in my hand ( which apparently does not have a long shelf life) Its nutrition facts are:

Per 125 mL

Cal 100
    Fat 0g
    Cholestrol 0mg
    Sodium 10 mg
    Carbs 25 g
    fibre 0g
    sugar 22g
    protein 1 g

Vit A 0%
    Vit C 80%
    Calcium 0%