Old 04-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #766  

Star, you are great - your posts always make me

I had an attack of the Munchie Monster a few minutes ago, but it seems to have gone away all on its own, without any "help" from me if you know what I mean (sends evil look at M&M jar on desk!)

DH and I are going to a concert tonight with some friends and DSIL. Should be fun, but I'm struggling with what to do for dinner as we both did LCs for lunch and I don't want to commit to cooking anything because of time constraints...maybe Subway, I haven't had Subway in a while. DH is going to be sad, though, cause I don't think he can have his Italian cold cut trio anymore, huh? Bummer for him.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #767  

Mandy - About being up alittle - don't sweat the small stuff When that jerk TOM visits everything goes haywire You keep your Avatar - You worked for it........TOM is no good and will leave you for another chick in no time....

FI - Where is the Munchie Monster Please get those M&M's out of your sight There is no way I could torture myself by having to look at chocolate all day
I vote for Subway, it's on plan and fast.....DH will just have to suck it up and have something on plan
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #768  

Star, I told him I wouldn't recommend the italian sub, but that I wouldn't scold him if that's what he wants - it's his waistline and his conscience!

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 04-28-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #769  

Thumbs up

FI - Excellant advice to the man And remember - the bigger he gets, the smaller you look
Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #770  

Hello everyone, I went to COD today and the couselor told I could be a poster child . I guess my center wasn't so doomful today. Actually, I did really good I lost a little over a pound between Tuesday and Today (thursday) which I was kind of suprised because on Tuesday I went in a little earlier then usual and today I went in a little later the usual. I just thougth that since I was weighing so late in the day that there might not be much of a change if any. Well tomorrow if friday, and i am excited, unfortunatly I will probably spend most of my weekend typing away my thesis. I wonder how many calories you burn typing?

mandy: I am on the red plan, that is what they put me on when I started, because I told them I exercise 5 hours a week (not this past two weeks, but will be back on track starting tommorrow) anyways, it does seem to be a lot of food, but I have had sucess on it. Not to mention I really like it, I was telling my friend who just joined LAWL, I don't know if I want them to lower me as I lose weight, I just feel, like I am able to spread my food out, althought sometimes I do feel like I can't eat any thing else, on those days I just drink V8 for my vegatables instead of eating them, and I try to eat a little lighter stuff.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:13 AM   #771  

Ughhhh! Went to a banquet at the men's max security prison (thank you to the people who come and facilitate classes for a transition class). I ate entirely too much and too wrong! Came home and popped a carb ender...and then read that you are supposed to take them before! Figures! I should have known it was one of those days when the Fwy was at a halt headed back down to Salem for this banquet!

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! I know what I need to do this weekend! Work hard at being POP!
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:55 AM   #772  

Good Morning!

Fiona: Great at being down 2 in 2 days. Wow, your on a roll! Maybe now that DH decided to try LA with you and you being his counselor is helping you stay on track. Whatever, keep up the great work!

Star: It bugs me too about the ticker not displaying the exact numbers, now that I see your's, I'm going to update mine. Thanks chickie!

Julie: Are your PC problems resolved?

Haylo: Good luck on the red plan. I had reservations when they switched me from Gold to Blue and I can't say that it's really working (as I'm not at goal yet) - but it's not any worst either. Plus, I like the extra 1/2 protein and starch.

Solo: Boy, I know what you mean. I went to the Dinner & a Mystery last night. First time I've been out to dinner in a year that I haven't been able to stay OP. The menu selection was a choice of about 4-6 items, all were not OP choices. Plus, they had the salad already sitting on the table with the Italian dressing already on it. Bread was sour dough (which I think is my least favorite bread - which was good for me), and they served it with a margine spread (rather have butter or nothing at all - another good thing for me), but the food choices were either fried, or huge. Some choices were 15 layer lasagna, eggplant parm, chicken parm, meatball-sausage-spagetti. I choose the chicken parm. It wasn't that big when it arrived, but it was fried. Tasted good. It wouldn't have been so bad and I wouldn't have eatten so much BUT, I normally eat dinner about 5:00pm and we didn't get served until about 8:30pm, can you say STARVING! Well, I ate what they served, and the cup of ice cream they gave for dessert. Totally not OP. I was planning on going to the COD after work today, but think I will try going early tomorrow (Sat). I will be getting in extra water today too.

The mystery part of the dinner was fun, and funny. Lots of laughing! It was the first time and we were all kind of duh on what to do. Next time we will be an experienced audiance and know what to expect (and what they expect of us). LOL!

Have a great OP day everyone, and I'll be checking in later. Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #773  

Good morning, chickies

Thanks, Sy, for asking about the computer - it is not solved - anytime I try to download an update, it goes haywire. . . My DB is going to try to reinstall norton this weekend (I went ahead and bought another security package so I'd have some protection), but norton seems to have integrated itself into my Word and Excel, and . . . oh well, it all continues . . .But still may end up having to bring it in to experts to get XP fixed right . .

I hope you enjoyed the mystery play, and I think you did really well at refusing the things that you didn't like! My problem is that I tend to eat everything placed in front of me whether I like it or not!

Haylo - WTG on being down this week! I'm sure you burn lots of calories typing your thesis!

Mandy - I'm sure TOM will be visiting me in the next few days, so don't worry, it'll be gone soon.

Fiona, I'm dying to know - what did you and DH have for dinner last night? The only way I can survive the munchie monster is to not have the stuff around me. .(throw out those M&Ms!!!) When I go out with people I'm generally scared enuf to be OP that I head to the carrot sticks!

Cathy, it is only one meal, if you're good, and keep the I-blew-it-may-as-well-keep-on-eating monster off your shoulder, you'll be back on track in no time! (what would your DD say???)

Star, was Megan glad to go home after a day of you cracking the whip? I think that you will be under that 10 pound marker in no time - and BTW, the clothes from last year fit, right?

You all have a good POP weekend! Wish me luck in finding the cutest guys to flirt with and to keep me away from the food!

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #774  

Good Morning Chickies Beautiful morning out here in Western Mass!!

So I went to yesturday and I am down over 1/2 a lb again!!

Monday 186.6
Wed 186.0
Thurs 185.4

I'll take it, esp considering I haven't been sticking strickly to plan because of being under the weather a little bit. I have just been being really careful, yestuday I did ok. I had my coffee for breakfast ( wasn't hungry yet).

Then for lunch I had a small salad, a lean cuisine pizza, and a fruit n yougurt parfait.

I was so happy that I lost, and this weekend will be really easy for me to stick to plan! How is everyone else doing. Pretty soon we'll be in a new month thread!!

Last edited by Irishgirl; 04-29-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #775  
234/165.8/160

Good morning all,

It's been a long couple of weeks and I'm no where near caught on posts, but will keep trying :-) I've been in a training class for work and have been super busy in the evenings keeping up with class work and life in general.

Was doing well OP until TOM and then I went a little nuts...I'm up about 2lbs right now, but have POP for the last 2 days so hopefully that will go away. I never got an official word back from the nutritionist because the center decided I had eaten too much red meat, salmon and pork all in one week...I never even thought about it...so now I'm going back to turkey and chicken as my staples. I put myself on hold this week at the center to make up for my junk food junkie weekend and will start fresh again on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to catch up on posts today.

Take care,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #776  

Default Friday Dance...

Just typed a long post, addressed everyone and lost it - I HATE it when that happens

here goes the short version.....

Julie - Meagan liked working here and I liked taking her to lunch. Thanks for reminding me that my summer clothes fit better!
About finding the guy at the weekend event, scan the room, spot him, don't move right in, talk to others, then wander his way. Remember you are one hot chick (under construction)....he's lucky to talk to you!

Irish - Way to go on the loss, lets keep up the good work.
Haylo - So you deserve your name? do you have wings too? Good work on plan.
Solo - I think it is good for us to plan our weekends, it makes it easier to carry thru. I always wonder what you guys do to make the weekends easier. I get up eat breakfast, get my water, fruit and bars and hit the road. My mom and I go out to lunch but can always find on-plan foods where we eat. It helps me to have all the other on-plan stuff with me....how about the rest of you?

Sy- About the ticker, I'm was alittle humiliated to post it. I plan on using it as a motivational tool. I think when I got to 160/161 I was happy with how I was looking, then gained at Christmas and then gained on vacation. Not happy anymore and this time I'm not stopping til I reach goal.

Jen - good to see you back, missed you!

Hi to everyone else too - later chicks.....

Last edited by Starlynn; 04-29-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #777  

Morning chicks!

Okay, we did Subway last night, and DH was a trooper and had chicken right along with me. You know, since I've started LAWL I've almost always chosen the Subway "atkins" wrap over the sub roll, just cause you KNOW that the roll is way more than 2 starches, even though they generously let it count for 2 on plan, and the wrap just seems like the lesser of two evils. But I finally actually looked at the nutrition info, and the bread is actually the better choice! The 6" wheat roll has 80 more calories than the wrap (200 vs.120) but half as much fat (2.5 vs. 4.5 grams) and half the sodium, too (360 mg vs. 680!). That probably explains why this morning I weighed the same as yesterday. Well, that and the two cans of Dew I drank in hopes of killing the monster headache I had all day. (You know what finally worked? Taking the four Advil I should have taken in the first place. )

Well, my desk is piling up and my boss could wander by at any minute, so I'd better get to it. TGIF!

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 04-29-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #778  

Fiona: Thanks for the info on Subway. Hey, do you drink 'regular' Mt Dew or 'diet'? I remember being allowed 'diet' soda, and I don't think having a 'diet' Mt Dew is going off plan. Some people don't give up their 'regular' coffee. Glad that DH went along with it. LOL! TGIF.

Hey, DH can't wait for my trip to the Carolina's because he doesn't drink 'caffeine' and the only place that I've found Diet Caffeine Free Mt Dew was at a Piggly Wiggley in lower NC on the way back from Myrtle Beach. We may be able to find it in Nagshead, NC on 'our' vacation - I'll be checking it out!

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #779  

Fi - You have a headache becuz you think so much....lol Glad it's better...

Sy - Can we please switch tickers??????????????????????????? Not the star and hand, I mean the NUMBERS.........lol
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #780  

Sy - I'm a regular gal, all the way. I wish I liked Diet Dew, that would make life so much simpler but I don't like the taste of it at all. I'm better off drinking water, anyway.

Star - I guess I can't deny that! LOL!

Fiona