Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #286  

Star - of course you can! It's like with people - as long as you don't overdo it, it's better to exercise than not. And Bella (the horse) isn't due until the end of June, anyway, so she's not even very big yet, tummy-wise.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #287  
Britt/LAWL~Red

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I have been MIA for a few weeks now due to Work/School and a little trip out of town last week. However i have been MIA from the LAWL center for the last two weeks and i havent been OP since January probably. But I owned up to my flaws and went to WI this morning. I was up 4 lbs thats not to bad I guess since I havent been drinking any water or doing anything else OP and have been eating out a lot. I was happy with that ohhhh and its TOM too! So im thinking about doing TO this week still trying to decide what days. Probably Wed/Thur that way going into the weekend i will have a nice loss. So that is the quick update on me. Oh by the way Star you will be pleased my treadmill is waiting on me to get home this afternoon because we have a DATE HAHA

I have been OP today so far and have gotten two bottles of water in. Im going to make a shopping list sometime after lunch so i can stop on the way home and pick up something for dinner. I also need to get juice to do TO. and one night this week im gonna dig out my LAWL cookbook and dust her off and see what kind of menu i can come up with. School is almost over so i will be able to actually cook more with my spare time.

I do have one good thing to report. My size 22 jeans have been really baggy on me for a while now since i had lost 20 lbs and well i finally got a pair of 20 and WOW the difference! I just need to get back on track and before long ill be down another size

Thats a quick update on myself. I have so much to read and catch up on man! Welcome to all of those who are new. I dont know when ill be able to read all these pages to catch up but im gonna try. Gotta go gotta go gotta go right now........man what water does to you ill check back in later

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #288  
234/165.8/160

Hello ladies,

As usual, it seems like it’s been a while. I’ve been reading and really enjoying the posts, especially all the new folk…welcome!! I’m making slow but sure progress and am trying to be happy about, but most of the time I’m just kind of frustrated. I’ve decided I’m going to try a more positive outlook and see if that helps…wish me luck!

Star-Thanks for asking after me. I’m still around. Great news about last year’s clothes, that is such a treat. I too am making non-scale progress. Two weeks ago I bought new pants for work (14s), the 12s were still just a bit too tight. This Friday I’m in the same store and decide to try the 12s again and they fit and pretty well…I’m stunned since the scale is moving only slightly I haven’t been focusing on the benefits of the all that exercise!

Michele-Congrats on the job…sounds perfect for you!

Fiona-Congratulations on the new horse, how exciting…please upload pics when you can.

Fashn-Glad everything worked out with your mom and both of you are staying with the program. As far as veggies go I love most of them, but usually have at least 2 cups of lettuce a day. I keep my salads different by using many different types of dressings. I also use broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and asparagus. I love baby carrots, but usually can’t eat just 6 so I stay away from them…would rather have a larger portion of something else! I’m sorry to hear your weight was up, but the same thing happened to me my first week. I didn’t know what was going on and was really devastated…I felt like if this doesn’t work, what will??? After that I became really dedicated at weighing and measuring everything, so if the program wasn’t working it wouldn’t be my fault and they would have to fix it!

Mandy-I know what you mean about pants. I’m so eager to buy new clothes, since none of my stuff from last spring will fit, but am in a pretty comfortable 12, but with 19lbs to go, I may wind up in a 10…unbelievable…a 10. I do really well on plan all week and then go a little crazy on Sunday nights, then spend the next week making up for my bad night. I think I’m going to make “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels” and tack them on the fridge…maybe that will keep me out!

Karen-Good for your DH!! Mine quit a couple of weeks ago. He’s been using Nicorette gum and it seems to be working for him. He’s probably gained about 10lbs, but we can work on that later.

Sy-Hang in there. I feel your frustration and am rooting for you! I have 19lbs and 14 weeks. I really wanted to go another 5-10 lbs past my original goal, but will see how I feel and where I am in 14 weeks.

Welcome back Britt!!!!

I know I missed a lot of people, but skinny vibes to all (is it Julie that says this?)

I'm finally in the 170s (179.6...though maybe not after that bag of popcorn with all the sodium last night)!!!!

Take care,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #289  

HI Britt - I was wondering what had happened to my birthday buddy! WTG on keeping things under control with as busy as you've been. Enjoy that date with your treadmill tonight!

Hi Jen- GOOD GOLLY -- TWELVES??? And a 10 pound marker!

Mandy - a massage is definately a non clothing reward. Go for it! And wow under 160! You hit one of those 10 pound markers! Thanks for posting the taco salad recipe.

Fashn - the water really can make a difference - for some reason drinking water seems to release extra water we're holding. Also, LAWL suggests the hot lemon water - have you tried that? Don't give up, it will come back off again! Even the clothes we wear to WI make a difference - are you taking meds for the allergies? Maybe that has an effect?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #290  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks Jen and Julie!!!
I thought i would pop back on here for a few im eating lunch right now. Grilled chicken, broccoli, tea and peaches!! Anyway i got on LA's website and found something to make for din din tonight. Just thought i would share it with you.

Famous Philly Cheesesteak: (1 P 2S 1/2 Dairy 1 Fat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 pound beef sirloin
Nonfat cooking spray
1 onion sliced
1 green pepper sliced
4 6-inch hoagie rolls split
4 oz light mozzarella cheese, sliced

Combine seasonings in a small bowl; rub mixture into sirloin.
Wrap in plastic or wax paper. Partially freeze beef sirloin for about 30-60 minutes.
Remove from freezer and thinly slice sirloin.
Coat large skillet with non fat cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; saute until soft and lightly browned. Remove from pan.
Coat skillet again with spray. Increase heat to high; add beef and cook about 5 miutes or until desired level of doneness.
Divide meat and veggies evenly among 4 rolls; top with cheese. If desired place in a warm oven or under a broiler to melt cheese before serving.

478 cal, 44 g pro, 38 g cho, 17 g fat

I think i might try it tonight ill let ya know how it turns out!!
Britt
Old 04-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #291  

Britt - I think I will faint - a HOAGIE roll???? It sounds terrific!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #292  
Britt/LAWL~Red

I know can you believe that! Did you notice also that it has SALT not mortons. But it came off their web page so im gonna go for it. I am trying to decide on side items now. I figure a salad for me at least. Ohhhh i have a question. What is the rule on pickles? The picture of the cheesesteak it shows a pickle beside it. I would have thought that it would have had to much sodium in them but i cant seem to find anything on them. I know one of you however will know something

Britt
Old 04-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #293  

Fiona - Bella sounds beautiful! Pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee and keep us posted on how she's adjusting to her new family!

Britt - Welcome back chick - have missed you! 4 pounds is not bad at all for an extended leave! You must of been doing something right. Sometimes a chick just needs a break anyhow (I'm in that group....lol).

Jen - You have come so far, think of lugging that 50 pounds around - that is alot of progress! Try and pick up two 25 pound dumbells - that's pretty heavy! Maybe if you got two 25 pound bag of potatoes you could see how much 50 pounds is. Anyhow I'm glad your gonna be positive becuz you always offer alot of good information to us bad chicks! Getting in smaller pants is enuf reward for me - is there a better feeling?

Later Chicks....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #294  

She is fabulous - although Bella is only her temporary nickname until we (my mom and I) can agree on one...her registered name is MW Isabella, so Bella comes naturally, but there is already a Belle at the barn, so having a Belle and a Bella might be confusing (also the Belle horse has a screw loose, so for my mom, the name has "negative connotations" ). I've suggested Ella, haven't heard back from my mom on that one. I'm also kind of digging "Minna" which means mother - and so is particularly appropriate, or "Mira" which means wonderful.

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Fiona
Old 04-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #295  

Also, the variation "Mhina" means delightful.

Fina
Old 04-11-2005, 04:01 PM   #296  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I think Mhina is nice, how fun for you!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #297  

Fi - I like EllaMinna......
Or ofcourse Star is always a good name......
Short story - When my DIL was talking about having a baby (prior to pregnancy w/ Kaycee) I told her I love the name Star and wouldn't that be a great name for a baby girl? So when they got their puppy two weeks later, what did they name her? Chevy Star, I think it was her way of getting out of naming any child of her's Star.....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #298  

Hm, what does Bella mean in Italian? Beautful? Good? But truthfully, I like Mhina, too . . And do you get to name the baby, too?

Britt, I thought pickles were a no-no, but with a hoagie roll in a LAWL recipe, all bets are off!

Julie
Old 04-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #299  

Yes, Bella is Italian for beautiful. I like Mhina too, but am trying to decide if it's maybe a little too off-beat for a "barn name"...so far Mira is winning among everybody else I've asked...

Yes, we'll get to name the baby, too, which really is a whole other can of worms! Obviously we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl, so we have to have two names picked out, along with a couple backups in case our first-choice name is already taken by another horse. Sheesh! (Actually I can't wait...ha ha!)

Fiona
Old 04-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #300  

I don't know anything about the Zone bars...I think the LA bars have about 180 calories and 8 grams of protien, so those are some numbers that you can compare to...

I tried the peanut butter ones and although I thought they tasted okay, the texture turned me off. I like the Honey Nougat (zap it in the microwave for about 10 seconds, it's like a warm oatmeal cookie with frosting!), the Double Chocolate and the Chocolate Crunch. I haven't tried any of the Luna ones yet...I've used up my last bulk purchase of LA bars so I'm trying to decide whether to give the Lunas a go or just stick with the LA bars....

Fiona