Old 04-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #271  

Hi ladies,

Just put my son to bed and sent my husband off on business trip to NYC for the week. It was so nice here this weekend. I think that even though I didn't do that well eating wise, I got enough exercise between chasing my 2 year old around and doing some spring cleaning. I plan to be really good this week and eat healthy and drink tons of water.

Haylo, Smiley - I was was told about the EFA, but they didn't tell me to buy them as part of my plan. They just about pushed everything else at me. I do remember asking if I could just buy it at the supermarket and the counselor told me that at the supermarket its only Omega 3 not the Omega 3 & 5 that there supplement is. Just wondering how you think it's helping you? Maybe I should look into buying that or do you think I could just get the Omega 3 at the supermarket?

BTW, I found the Mrs Dash marinade. Looking forward to trying something new on my chicken!!!
Marci1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:56 AM   #272  

Marci: WalMart sells the Omega caplets with both omega 3 & 6. In other words, Fish Oil. I purchased a bottle from LA a few months ago, took the bottle to WalMart and found that they had the same product which was less than 1/2 the price of LA (like I didn't know that already, right - live that learn). I took them for a couple weeks, and stopped. I have a hard time taking pills, vitamins on a regular basis - if I don't see any benefit in taking something I stop.

BAS, I'm going to have to re-read your posts because I don't remember reading you were having some type of medical problem? What did I miss? I'll find out, and in any case, I hope all is well.

The weather here has been beautiful all weekend and is suppose to be all this week as well. From the warmer temps this weekend (hit 60), the buds are all out on the trees and we should see leaves soon. Grass is starting to turn green. I love this time of year!

Fashn: How are you feeling? I don't have real allergies, but this time of year while things are budding, my eyes itch like crazy. TG it only lasts a couple weeks to a month. Happens again in right before fall, that may be golden rod allergy?

MrsSmiley: Please let us know what they say about the receipes. Glad you found the Mrs Dash Marinade. I figure, if we can have BBQ sauce and catsup, we can have Mrs Dash. You should bring the bottle in so they can read the ingredents as if it's not on their listing - it will confuse them.

Well, hope everyone has a great week.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 AM   #273  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning Sy: I probably didn't mention it before - its been a on going thing for about 3 1/2 years now. I get a side ache maybe 1 time a month and the next month I get 10 attacks. I am just getting tired of them popping up unexpectantly. I mentioned it to my gynecologist again like I did a a year ago and this time I requested the MRI to eliminate maybe tumors pressing on my nerves or whatever. THe pain is on the right side of my belly button. Its a very sharp pain where I have to breath through my nose so that my stomach doesn't move. IT usually last less than 15 minutes and I ALWAYS have to empty my bladder to relieve it even faster. I have had every test done to eliminate everything. Thats why they think its scar tissue from my 40 year old appendix pressing on a nerve - ouch.

Boy I wasn't a very good girl this long three day weekend of mine (POP wise) - but I did have sooooooooooo much fun with my DGD. I had bought her some play press on ear rings and of course she wanted to put them on Grandpa and then me and then herself. Well I totally forgot about it and when I came out of SHopko yesterday I looked in the car mirror and lo and behold was one green star on one ear and a red circle on another. They weren't even on my lobes of my ears. I just laughed. She sure leaves the memories for grandma.

Okay I gotta get to work - Yep its a Monday again (Ug). When I left THursday my basket was quite big - I can't imagine what another day did to it and I have a board meeting tonight - so a long day. At least it keeps me POP. No time to cheat.

Hugs to everyone!

Think Happy Thoughts
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:59 AM   #274  

BAS: Glad they are doing an MRI to see if they can find what is causing your distress. Why don't they do that first or at least sooner?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:33 AM   #275  

Good morning, chickies!

About the EFA's - I doubt LAWL has a corner on the market on these things - they seem to be on everyones list of a top supplement to take! You can buy either Fish Oil or Flaxseed Oil almost anywhere. And I do have a bottle, but I forget to take them I need to do better with that and extra calcium. ..okay, goal for the week!)

Beverly - I am sure you brightened the day of many people in that shopko!

Cathy - LAWL doesn't really advise AGAINST combining foods - it's just most combined foods recipes have starch portions bigger, and protein sizes smaller than on the LAWL plan. Because of the difference in the portion sizes, you have to play around with recipes some. And if you make a recipe that has more than one serving (with rice for example) then you have to be careful with taking out your portion. I think they are just trying to keep it simple. And they will not recomend anything that has canned stuff in it because of the sodium content. The one thing I haven't done is combine multiple proteins - like beans and ground turkey - but then I live alone, and have to eat the same thing for several meals usually. I am also a cookbook collector, so I understand the frustration. (I have also done the sticky note thing)

Fashinvictm - hope you feel better! Actually, the veggies are the easy part for me- the tough part is the fruit! I just buy bags of frozen vegies, heads of salad stuff, and have that with my protein.

Sy - the weekend weather was beautiful here, too. The trees are all in flower, and it is wonderful! It's only (!) going to be in the mid 60's here today - well, we were in the 70's yesterday, so I guess it is cooler - I'll still take it!

Marci - where are you from?

Fiona - a horse story PLEASE!

Star - did you get on that fitness trail this weekend??

About the ebay LAWL plans (somebody mentioned these in a past post) - one of the chickies forwarded the copy she had gotten off of ebay to me. The protein sizes off ebay are all the same. This is not the plan that LAWL offers now - it may be a plan from a few years ago. The plan off ebay will probably work fine, although it may not be enough calories if you've got a lot of weight to lose.

I'm already on my 3rd glass of water. . .

Hugs to all, and skinny vibes!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #276  

Morning chickies!!!

Well - we bought her!!! She is SO wonderful and sweet. I have a feeling I'm going to be going through a LOT of gas in the next few months until we move closer to where my parents live...right now it's a 45 minute drive and I know I'm going to be making it at least a couple times a week. I'll have to borrow my dad's digital camera and see if I can figure out how to post a picture or two.

Anyway, I just wanted to get caught up on my reading before heading off to work - I'll post more in a bit. Have a good Monday!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #277  
One Day At A Time

Talking Monday morning

Good Monday Morning to ALL!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well this morning. We had a good weekend. We got all the veggie gardens planted. I can't wait for a couple of months when everything starts ripening.

BAS~
Yes, you need to have that MRI. Sorry to hear you are having that pain. Have they ruled out that it could be a ovarian cyst? I have them occasionally and they are very painful. We will say a prayer that the DRS will find the cause and that it won't be anything bad. Hang in there! I hope you didn't take off that gorgeous set of earrings!!!

Sy~ Actually, I haven't bought the Mrs Dash marinade but I went to the site and got some recipes. I printed out the labels of the marinades to take to them and get their okay. We will see. Since they have 1.5g fat per TB who knows what they will say. I'm sure the rest is ok. Glad you had a pretty weekend.

Fashnvictm~ Hope this finds you feeling much better! Yes, I suffer from allergies too and they can really kick butt. My allergist told me that if I ever feel like I'm getting sick or know it's allergies, to take Benadryl before bed and that will help your body fight off whatever is bothering you. It works for me, but that medicine hangover is sometimes hard to deal with. I just don't seem to be able to take much of anything. I started out eating salads everyday for lunch (2 cups on the red plan) and then having things like steamed broccoli, okra, green beans, brussel sprouts, etc for supper. But two things we like to do is I buy Collard or Mustard greens by the bag at Walmart and cook them and we eat off them all week. But my very favorite veggie is to cut zucchini in half and then in half again and grill on my indoor grill with seasonings like Mrs Dash, pepper, etc.. Yum!!!

Marci~ They would like you to think you can't buy them somewhere else but basically you can. I found several at Walmart and other places that have nearly all the ingredients that theirs has. Borage oil, flax oil, etc.. These are very important though. I have read that if you don't get enough fats in your diet you can become very depressed and lose interest in even staying on the diet. The fats effect your hormones especially your serotonin which effects your moods. I would definitely try to get some.

Haylo~Sounds like the Strawberry Festival was great! Your food choices also sound YUMMY! I love mexican food though. Just start fresh today and don't worry about your past choices. I figured I needed to continue the lites to get the refund but if you think about it the bars are more than the refund would be anyway. $28wk x 25 weeks = $700. And that's not all I have to lose. I love cookbooks too. I have about 25 or so of nearly every make and model.

Solocat~ with WI today. Maybe that bloated feeling wasn't "heavy". Have a good day!

Karen~RWF~ Where are you? Maybe I'll come join you in that boat next weekend! That's one of my favorite things to be out on the lake. Glad your DH is doing well on the STOP

Julie~ Yeah, they offered me the bulk bars at a discount but I just laughed. I told them if I had that kind of money for the bars as well as the program money, I could hire me a personal trainer and get it done. I think I am going to talk with them Tuesday about adjusting my plan. I'm eating on plan but not seeing even the 2 lbs a week. I'm doing everything right, except I'm eating deer meat a couple times a week but it's very lean and shouldn't effect the outcome. They told me to count it like beef and limit it to 2xweek. Soooooooo, I don't know. When I was on WW I lost 2-4lbs every week, even my TOM weeks. Tomorrow is one month after joining and I've lost 7.4lbs and have 150 to lose. With me being so big and having so much to lose, I would have thought I would have lost faster. After all I'm even walking on the treadmill, etc... some days I've walked as much as 3 1/2 miles. Does that sound right to you??

Well, better go and hit the shower. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!
mrsSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 AM   #278  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
I only have a few minutes this morning. I have to work with the manager today... Hopefully she won't be here all day. But anyway, I'm off tomorrow so if I don't get a chance to post anymore today, I'll post from home in the morning...
Well, My first week on WW will be over today. I'm down 4 pounds...WooHoo.. From now on we'll see how I lose each week and how I handle the 5 days in Talladega in a few weeks... But, I've already decided that I'm going to stay as close to plan as possibe but If I stray, oh well. I'll just get back on plan when I get home...
But anyway, the witch just flew in on her broom so I'll talk to you all later...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #279  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Smiley....The weather is looking great for the weekend...Come on up...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #280  

Default Morning Chicks.....

coffee anyone?

Well it took forever to get caught up with all the posts since Friday at 5 You chicks were a chatty group.......isn't it great! And Julie you give such great advice - Do you have Nextel? I'd like to get you on my two way 24/7.....

Went to the gym from my new place for the first time today. The drive isn't bad, I can make it in 20-25minutes. My gym is right down the street from my job, so it's not out of the way. Saw afew friends at the gym and we had to catch up on what's been going on (we haven't seen each other in about 6 months. Thank gosh those treadmills are side by side and you can work out and talk at the same time

Had a great weekend - got some more boxes unpacked. The place is starting to feel more like we really live there. Once that wall art gets hung, I will feel more like I'm 'home'....

About EFA's and other LA supplements. I think the fish oil is important becuz when you a restricted eating plan sometimes you don't get enuf oil/fat in your diet (or calicum). This can cause all kinds of bad side effects; gumbone loss, weak nails, bad skin, hair loss for afew. Who cares how skinny you are if you don't have any teeth or hair I take a vitamin off QVC called 'Hair/Skin&Nails' to cover some of that. LA's prices are just too high.
Trying to figure out if I'm gonna buy anymore Lites when I reactivate my plan at LA, not quite sure yet. I'll think about that while relaxing by the pool, drinking that cocktail next week in CA!!!

Okay Chicks, I have big news! I had to get all my summer clothes out of storage, try-on and washed for my trip. Secretly I have been sweating the trying on thing for awhile BUT - everything fit, not only fit, it looked good, better than last year Matter of fact, I think I packed too much cuz it all looked good....So I was thinking, I know it's the exercise (Julie, this is yet another non-scale victory)
In the past few weeks I had actually bought some new carpis in fear my last year's ones would not fit ( ) Not until I had already overpacked I remembered the three new pairs of capris, decided to take them back - didn't need em I posted this here and not in the "Exercise Yard" just so any of you chicks on the border about working out can read this. I am so happy I have worked so hard to try and get in shape this past year, it paid off yesterday TAlk about a slap of motivation, as soon as I get back from CA I headed straight for "center of Doom" I'm thinking I can still make scale progress by my trip to Park City, UT for July 4th (or what use to be my birthday).

Okay this has gotten too long.......Thanks for listening...........Thanks for being here and HUGS chicks........

Last edited by Starlynn; 04-11-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #281  

Julie - I'm from Albany, NY.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the supplements.
Marci1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #282  

gee, Star, I'm (no, I'm not on nextel - I have a pay by the minute cell phone that I try to only use while I'm in the car. So happy for you about the clothes!

This is another Non Scale Victory that I'm hoping for - to fit in a coach airplane seat in 8 weeks!

I agree with what you said about the EFAs - we automatically choose foods with so little fat in them, and we forget that fat is needed. Some vitamins are only fat soluble (I think A, D and E) so we need fat to process them. Plus, stuff like hairs and nails!

Fiona - wtg on the horsie!

Smiley - did you tell your center that you were exercising this much? Were you working out on WW and did you eat your APs? How different is your eating from when you were on WW? I'm just curious. Often times the center will adjust your plan upward if you exercise a lot, since you really do seem to need more calories. Jen found that when she adjusted her plan upward she started losing more. Also, 7.4 pounds is terrific - it may not be as much as you want, but goodness -it is great!

Hugs!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #283  

Starlynn: What a great NSV on the old clothes! You will look awesome in your little capris! I know what you mean about packing. I use to always overpack. You know what somewhat cured me? I went to Schaumburgh, IL for 2 weeks of training in 2000. I took everything but the kitchen sink - never went away to 2 whole weeks - needed everything didn't I? Well, I got to the airport early on the day I was to return. The following morning, DH and I were headed to the Outerbanks of NC for our vacation. Well, I headed home to Syracuse, NY and my clothes headed West to LasVegas. Didn't know this until the Friday night that I got home. Rushed to JC Penney, got some underware, and 2 t-shirts and 2 pair of shorts and headed to NC for our vacation bright and early the next morning. Not even a bathing suit (as that went West too). Since I know it's possible to enjoy myself even with only 2 pair of shorts and 2 shirts - I have cut my traveling packing in 1/2. It's been a few years, so I can see if creeping up again. LOL! If you take less, you may be able to purchase a few new things, right?! Have a great time!

Sy
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #284  

Sy - Thanks for the packing tips, I need all I can get. I shared this with Julie on her last trip, a packing tip from a friend of mine who travels alot. She only packs outfits, like a pair of capris and a top, a pair of shorts and top. What happens is you know you have outfits and how many, once you get there you can interchange tops/bottoms. That tip helped me alot, since I don't travel all that much. I still have too many shoes
Your right about buying new things, becuz I know we will go shopping. I think tonight I am gonna unpack all those 'outfits' and re-evaluate the situation.....lol Also I took too many 'going places' outfits and not enuf 'margarita chill' on the patio outfits.....
Busy weekend - Sat - Got nails/toes, eyebrow wax, bangs trimmed, shopping for summer clothes for GB David and lunch out with him and DIL -

Fiona - Congrats on the horse (and almost baby?). Can you ride a horse when it's with pony
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #285  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hello ladies! I thought I would be here all weekend, but ended up being busy. I had a lot of reading to do this morning. Anyway, I went to the center the other day and they had a cookbook sitting out, so I copied down the taco salad recipe. So here it is:
Taco Salad
31/2 or 51/2 oz raw ground sirloin
dash onion powder
dash of cumin
dash of pepper
1 tomato
lettuce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 oz reduced cheddar cheese

I think the protein portions depends on the plan you are on. Anyway, it's something that is quick to make and tastes yummy. I loooove mexican food, so it helps me with my cravings.

Also I'm so excited. I'm finally under 160!!!!!! I'm at 159.6 I can't even believe it. I weighed 155 when I got married and haven't been this close to it for about 5 years. I'm so thrilled. My goal is 149, but it would be great if I could get to 145. That way I have some sort of buffer. We'll see what happens. I think I have about 6 weeks left, so whatever happens in that time... If I lose 2 pounds a week I'll be at 147.6. I could live with that.

Anyway, I've not been going in to the center lately because it's hard to contain my 2 1/2 year old and because I don't feel like I get much out of it. Well, I finally was able to get the counselor that I wanted (she always seemed to not be there when I came in before.) I now know her day off, so I won't go in that day. Anyway, she is just soooo great. She doesn't push products on my and I can tell she really cares about my weight loss goals etc. She even gave me her home phone number incase of a "food emergency". I'm probably only going to go in 1 time a week, (gas prices are just insane) but I'm going to get something out of it. She also gave me one of those free to live success kits. I pretty much knew everything in it (drink your water, how to make healthy choices while eating out) but it was still fun to read. One thing it did say is if you are still hungry at the end of the day it's ok to eat two extra servings of veggies.

Also, I survived two nights in a row of eating out. The first I just had a chicken salad with dressing on the side and the next night I had a chef salad with dressing on the side. I felt so great afterward. I feel like I'm finally able to go out to eat and not go overboard. It feels good.

Julie- I guess I really don't have any non clothing item rewards. I guess you're right even a jacket has to be a certain size. Although I have had highlights put in my hair a couple of times. That was fun. I guess this whole time I was worried about not rewarding myself with food. So clothing was my next option. You know what a really good reward would be.... a message! although it's not really an item.

Well, It was good to read all of your posts. I hope you're all having a great day!!

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote