Old 04-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #256  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Julie...I know what you mean about getting the weight under control first. When I quit, I gained 15 pounds right off the bat and of course have eventually gained more over time... I would probably go back to smoking in a heart beat if I wouldn't have lost my Mom to lung cancer. I swore that a cigarette would never touch my lips again..I know I sound alittle dramatic but I watched my Mom suffer so much over a two year period. Surgury, chemo, radiation, etc...
Ok, now on to a better subject.. Are you still doing the Project You? I'm really going to try and get back to this exercising. I know I feel better when I do. I sit on my butt all day at work so I have to start doing something..I can't be all flabby when I get the weight off...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #257  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Julie, you made me lol re: teaching beau to knit. I don't think it'd ever happen. I think he has adult ADD. He is very fidgety and doesn't like to sit. But oh well.

I quit smoking in 1992 and in general i don't like the smell, but sometimes i get a whiff and it's STILL appealing. Ewwwww It's a hard thing to give up, but anyone can do it.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #258  
One meal at a time!

I sure hope everyone is out enjoying some beautiful weather instead of being stuck inside like me... Although, I have been out on the golf cart quite a bit today trying to soak up some sunshine...
Old 04-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #259  
BAS
BAS

Well were finished coloring eggs - I'm not sure what has more color on it - her hands or the eggs - I dried them all so now each one is getting a sticker while she watches sponge bob. I've been outside almost all day with her - raking. Except for one thing- She wanted to make sand castles in her sand box so I poured some water into it and showed her how to make a castle (pail upside down) and she was thrilled - then I showed her another and another - well this grandma had the time of her life being a kid again-

I have four loads of laundry washed, three folded and now we need to take a break and go to town to see my mom and step dad - THey adore Katie and see her alot less than me so I always like to bring her down. Geez I'm tired - all that fresh air and going to bed at midnight will take its toll on a person.

Okay gotta run - she's way to quiet.

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #260  
One meal at a time!

Ok Chicks...I'm just about out of here for today. ... I work from 12-5 tomorrow but maybe I'll be back on in the morning before work. Talk to you all later...
Old 04-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #261  

Good morning, chickies!

Had a writing afternoon with some friends yesterday, then we went out to dinner - I was NOT good, and the scale showed it this morning. Oh well, I guess I am human! I go to WI on Tuesday or Wednesday, hopefully, I can re-lose the water weight by then!

Karen, I haven't worked out since Tuesday! I'm a coordinator for a contest and my living room floor (my workout space) is covered with envelopes. I have to get them all organized today so I have space to restart - and they will be going into the mail tomorrow, so that will be done, too.

The nice thing - I saw old friends at lunch on Friday - one of them noticed I looked thinner. That was a nice plus!

Beverly, I always enjoy your stories about your DGD. Does she enjoy other sort of crafting stuff? I seem to remember cutting designs into half of a potato and stamping brown paper bags. . .Of course this is more paint for you to clean up.

Michelle, even if he won't learn to knit, he can learn to wind the skeins into balls, right? Do you have one of those nifty ball winders? Thanks for telling me your success story about the smoking. I know it is possible, but have to want to do it first!

Haylo - have fun at the festival!

Hugs to all,

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #262  
One Day At A Time

Talking Sunday morning

Good Morning LA losers!!!

How is everyone this morning?? It's going be a GREAT day here. I have a DUMB question. . . . . . . . I know we talk about the bars a lot here but something is still not clear to me. I realize that you don't HAVE to do the bars, but if you don't will you get a refund at the end not using the bars?? I like the bars but right now with my job situation, money is tight, especially after just paying all the money to join LA. What about the vitamins? I can't take all the "other pills" but only take the Calcium, Vita Max, and EFA. If I don't buy them from LA will that mess up my refund? But you know I was thinking, At $28/week plus the cost of the vitamins, I might not get the refund but I would be saving lots of money. Hum.....................

Julie~ Glad you had a good time with your friends yesterday, and doing"bad" is over just start over today. It's a fresh new day, a new beginning. Yes, I remember doing the potato stamps too. In fact I have done them with my daughters. An inexpensive easy stamp.

Karen/RWF~ What are the Luna bars called at Walmart? Which section are they in? CONGRATULATIONS on losing!!!! I don't feel like I'm losing like I should be. Before if I ate low fat (not even low NA) I lost 3-4 lbs a week. I'm wondering since I'm on the red plan if it's not too much food. Or maybe with the bars it's too much. with Dh stopping smoking!! Remember it will be a rough time but you WILL get through it. Take one day at a time.

BAS~ We'll be praying that your MRI goes well and that you won't need exp. surgery this summer. So you can put all fears to rest. We eat egg white too. But it sure is hard to throw those beautiful yellows out. We have chickens, so ours are as fresh as you can get. Good for you exercising to get your BP down. And it seems to be working fantastically!!! WTG!!!! Have lots of fun with that special DGD. Sounds like she is a fun age!

Marci~ I'm kinda like you. I'm not sure the vitamins are working. The only one I know that is working is the EFA. And we need that one everyday.

Essential fatty acids, such as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in the function of brain chemicals, particularly serotonin and dopamine. Studies have shown that low levels of omega-3 fatty acids (found in cold-water fish such as tuna and salmon), or a high ratio of omega-6 fatty acids (found in certain vegetable oils, such as corn and soybean oils) to omega-3 fatty acids, may be associated with depression. A typical American diet is high in omega-6 compared to omega-3 fatty acids. Eating foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids on a regular basis helps maintain an appropriate balance of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, and although unproven, restoring this balance may help with feelings and symptoms of depression.

Janelle~ You enjoy that Strawberry Festival for me too, ya hear? I love strawberries but am now allergic so have one for me.

Michele~ Hope your day goes well today. Have fun!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT OP day!!!!
mrsSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #263  
One Day At A Time

Talking Recipe site

Oh, I forgot to mention this. Since I found out about Mrs Dash 10 minute marinade sauce, yesterday I went to www.mrsdash.com and they have some good sounding recipes. You can put in how much fat or sodium, and what type recipe you are looking for and search the site for such. I know they have not been "approved" by LA but if you know how to measure your servings you should be able to figure out whether it would be "legal" or not. LOL I am going to print a few and take it to my WI on Tuesday, just to see what they say.
mrsSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #264  

Hi Smiley!

I can't really help you with the refund info - you mean the refund you get after so many weeks in maintainence, right? I do think the lites are required for the refund, but I am not sure. Hopefully, one of the other chickies can help you with that.

When they signed you up, did they offer you a bulk rate on the lites? I did buy mine in bulk in the beginning, and got them for about 20$/double (14 count) box. Often times they'll offer bulk sales, so you can get several at a time.

About the luna's - in my Walmart they are by all the other sports bars - I think the slim fast stuff is at one end of the aisle and the sports bars are at the other end. And they are called Luna's, and come in yummy flavors - s'mores, tropical crisp, chocolate pecan pie. . . I've never really met a luna I didn't like. I can also find them in my grocery store, next to the vitamins, again, with all the sports bars.

It may take you a week or two for your body to adjust - how different is your eating from the last time you were doing low fat? It seems that 3-4 pounds a week is pretty fast loss

I looked for the Mrs. Dash stuff on Friday and didn't see it - hopefuly, they'll get here soon. I'd say a tbsp is a free food, but Sy may have a better take on it.

And thanks for the encouragement! I told myself that about ten times this morning.

I have 56 days until I leave for my trip - I know I can make progress in that amount of time!

Hugs to all!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #265  
One meal at a time!

Hello Chicks,
I'm back at it again today.. It is so nice outside this weekend. I really don't feel like working. DH pulled the boat out yesterday and got it all cleaned up. I would much rather be out on the Lake today instead of being here..
Oh well, I'm off next weekend and if it isn't raining, you all know where I'll be...
DH is doing really good with the not smoking. He's really been hungry... I told him to eat, eat, eat...He can stand to gain a few pounds anyway..
Well, I have alittle bit of work to do (and of course the race is on) I'm so glad there is a TV here...WooHoo...
I'll check back in alittle bit...
Old 04-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #266  

Tomorrow is my WI. Feeling bloated at the moment, but hopefully that will be gone tomorrow! I have been reading some back posts and the sense I get is that LAWL discourages combining foods. Guess that will be one of my many questions I ask tomorrow! I also think I will invest in sticky notes to put on my diary days so I can remember all the thoughts I had come up inbetween my WI's.

Hope your Sundays are great!

Cathy

solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #267  

Hello everyone!!! Hopefully things are well. I went to the Strawbery festival and although I did falter a little I didn't think I did to bad. I only had half of a stawberry shortcake and I shared the other half with my mother. I did have a fajita taco, but it was very lean meat on a corn tortilla with gucamole. I also had the worst thing of all a chicken Gordita. Oh and I had two pieces of grilled shrimp. Of course I had to have strawverry also. Although, I know I went a bit off plan, I think it could have been a lot worse. Funny thing was as tempted as I normally am to eat at festivals I found that I couldn't fit a lot of food in my stomach so that is definatly a good thing. I am however, back on plan today

MrsSmiley: When I signed up for LAWL, I chose to do the program without the refund. But I do remember the counselor saying that if you do the one with the refund you have to use the bars in order to get it back. As far as the Luna bars I also found them at Wal-Mart in the section were they sell slim fast stuff. Actually, in my Wal-Mart they are in the same isle as the vitamins. If you take your recipies to WI and they tell you they are okay please let us know. I am interested in those also.

I have also looked for the Mrs. Dash Marinade and could not find it.

BAS: My prayers are with you.

Marci: I got the supplements also, they were part of my joining fee. I got a basket with a bunch of stuff in it. I have been taking them also but I am not sure exactly what they are doing. I do know that it probably good to take some sort of vitamin though. I also agree with MrsSmiley on the EFA, I definatly think a mulitvitamin is a necessity as well.

Tomorrow is my WI also, so Solocat I will be right there with you. I to am wondering about how to combine foods. I ordered a LAWL cookbook CD from Ebay for 9.00 definatly a lot cheaper then the book at the center. I should be recieving it shortly I will let you know how it is.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #268  

Would love to hear what the cookbook is like Haylo! I think I might get one off eBay also. But then I am a cookbook junkie! One of my questions I am going to ask tomorrow is about the combining of foods, or maybe I will remember to bring a couple of low-cal recipes I have and see what the counselor says (as in how to count them or what to look for).

I keep reading about the "no refund" if you refuse the LA Lites. Hmmmm....no one said anything to me, and of course I didn't read my contract since I signed it. I'll have to check with a friend who is an attorney. But none-the-less, I joined for the accountability part. One of my biggest temptations had been a co-worker who would bring in tons of chocolates and have them here for us (yes he is a male, the rest of us are females...smart man!). Since I have joined, I find that I am not grazing in the candy stash...in fact in the 12 days since I have started, I have had a total of 4 Hershey's kisses w/ caramel!! Yay!

Spent some time reading back forum posts - thank you all for your valuable insights!

Cathy
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #269  

Solocat: Good idea about taking recipies. I have a bunch of recipies from when I used to do Weight Watchers I am sure they won't like it if I take a WW's book in so maybe I will make some copies and see what they say.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #270  

Solocat: by the way I am a cookbook junkie also!