Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 8 of 56
Go to
  • I went to WI today and i'm down 1 lb from Friday. This is the beginning of my 2nd week on the program and i'm feeling good about the 6lbs.

cmuller- we have almost the same start and goal weights and we seem to be at the same pace. Congrats on your loss so far and good luck! Believe me, i understand about the temptation, my DH came home today w/ 2 pints of gourmet ice cream & icy from a local shop called Uncle Louie G's, the best thing you could every taste...i'm sure i'll dream of it. But actually i just had one of the new caramel LA lites and it tasted like a snickers bar...that did the trick! My sweet tooth is happy. But like u said one day at a time.
  • Denise- get taking a "before" picture so you can remember where you came from...youre going to change so fast!!! I LOVE those caramel lites too...I wouldnt make it without them!
  • Yeah i do have to take a before shot because I'm "in the zone" right now. I'm focused and motivated to lose this baby weight. Before my oldest my median weight was also about 180-190 but during the pregnancy was about 225 and after he was born went down to about 210 but I didn't lose anything else. With my 2nd (which was less than 2 yrs later) i still hadn't lost anything and put more on. With him i gained less than 15lbs and it can right off after he was born but i was still carrying the original baby weight! I've never been thin but this weight after 2 c-sections is distributed total differently. I was shapely, now I'm a shape alright...a circle . Any way I hope to do like u one day. Have u ever consider posting your before and afters, i think it would be pretty inspirational.
  • Aw, thats so nice to say You sure will be if you stick with LAWL, Im telling you! I had one c/s out of three and I KNOW what a mess that can be on your body. Right now, at 135, by skin on my tummy is still SO stretched looking and will never look normal unless I have surgery (which is NOT likely). When I had my son, it literally HUNG in a huge flap and I was mortified. Its taken a long time for it to go away...longer than I would have ever imagined.

I cant say I could ever post before/afters cos I didnt take a before. I was too embarrassed and tore a lot of pics up. I especially dont have any of me this way digital...otherwise I totally would. My after isnt complete yet..maybe then Keep up the awesome work!
  • way to go denise!!!

I had a small slide last night....really though...just a small one. my DH is from europe and his grandmother sends us the best homemade christmas cookies! i did NOT pig out though. my weight is still holding the same.
  • New to Site
    Hello!
    I found this website by accident and can't believe my luck. I've never posted to a forum, but have read many!
    I joined LAWL Halloween weekend started off great, losing about 6 lbs in the first week. I continued to lose a total of 11 lbs. I've weighed the same for about 4 weeks now, partly due to wandering off plan.
    I've decided to set my New Year's Resolution early and begin today! I'm going to my aunt's wedding in Cancun in April and want to be able to stand in front, not hide behind everyone else in pictures!
    I have a workout buddy, but would love an LAWL buddy!
    Good luck to everyone in the coming year and thanks for a great site!

LR
  • Hey Ripp, welcome to the forum! Congrats on your loss so far, and way to get back with it after Christmas! Come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and say hello. That is where we do most of our dishing, complaining, inspiring, and encouraging. Katie
  • Hi All,
    This is my first time posting here and I'm very excited! I've been a LAWL member since July, but have been pretty lazy with it and haven't lost anything. I've made the new years resolution (seems like it's a yearly one for me) to actually be serious about this and do it. I started out with the LA Express and have lost 3 pounds as of yet. I'm excited and ready to go!

Just wanted to introduce myself... I'm looking forward to sharing my success with all of you, along with getting to know some of you as well.

Best of luck in 2006...

Lindsay
  • Hi Lindsay, welcome and congrats on your weight loss. I'm new to LAWL and this site. I think you'll find everyone is so helpful and a fun bunch to chat with. Good luck this time around.
    Barb
  • Greetings. I wanted to say thanks for all the usefull info and support that this site provides.
    Housewife911
  • to all the newbies you have found a great site. All the people here are very helpful and encouraging. Most of us post daily on the LAWL Losers and Friends Monthly forum the current one is January 2006 come on in and introduce yourself and join the party!!

Beanie
  • Hi All! So glad to have found you!
    My name is Michele, and I joined LAWL on Saturday. I'm currently on Takeoff for yesterday and today, and I went in today for the first time since signing up. I had actually "lost" 2 pounds from doing takeoff for one day . I know it's probably water weight, but hey, it was nice.

I'm so glad to find an online resource for looking up recipes, etc. Looking forward to talking with you all!

Michele
  • Welcome Michelle! Come on over to the January thread and say hello! You have come to a great place! Katie
  • Katie, you're so great at welcoming everyone! It's nice to have a picture to associate you with!
  • Thanks!