Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 41 of 56
Go to
  • Also, I am trying to reach my goal by July 31st (my birthday)...is that too soon?
  • Not if you stick to the plan. You have to follow it to the letter right off the bat so your body gets "shocked" into the idea that you're about to lose weight... That will aid in getting to your goal...

Read the "what is LAWL" thread for some insights into the program and post in the "Losers and Friends" thread where we address general questions and offer support..

Welcome!!
  • Hi, well I guess it is time for me to introduce myself after signing up and then just being mostly a lurker. I started LA 10 weeks ago after getting on the scale one morning and seeing 251 staring back at me. I recently turned 40, I am 5'7 and weigh more than a 6'4 football linebacker ughhhhh! So they opened a center about two miles from me and I went in and decided maybe if I fork out the money I will actually meet my goal!
    I will be married 17 years in July!! My hubby just retired from the Air Force and has started his second career. I have 7 kids right now, 2 biological, 3 adopted one to be adopted in about 2 months and one 4 month old foster baby. Our kids are 14, 11, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 4 months!!!
    I want them to be healthy without my food issues, I use food for comfort, stress, enjoyment actually everything but nutrition!!
    So anyway I have lost 25 lbs since starting 10 weeks ago and am overall liking the program. My biggest problem is when I get bored or stressed I reach for food so I have to stop and tell myself is it worth it...
    Also I think I use my weight to hide myself, knowing that people expect less of fat people... I know it is my crutch and have been hiding behind it for years. But I also know I want to be healthy and be around for my kids and eventually grandkids!
    Anyway enough of that. Thanks for letting me ramble and I look forward to reaching goal and getting to know you all. This looks like a great support system.
    Jean
    251/225/175
  • Welcome Jean.. You're doing a fantastic job! Congrats!
  • Hello All!
    My name is Maxine and I joined LAWL last Friday. So far so good! I did unlimited TO and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Kind of reminded me of a healthy version of Atkins.

I think the only problem that I can forsee right now is the Lites. I LOVE those things and could eat more than the allotted 2/day.

I have about 80 lbs to drop, so you all will be hearing a lot from me. I am 50 years old and really feel that I am in a "now or never" situation with my weight.

Thanks for all of the inspiration!
  • Hello all! My name is Tanya and I started LAWL on March 1st. I'm in it for the "long haul", as they say. I've really enjoyed reading this thread for some time and thought I should come out of the shadows and say hi and introduce myself. I'm 40, married with 2 furkids. I'm dragging my DH through LAWL with me, although he is not a regular member and isn't as POP as I am. (Do I need to tell you he's lost more weight than I have?). I live in Knoxville, but I'm originally from Canada. I notice several of your regulars live not far from where I used to live in New Brunswick, and there are also some Tennesseans here as well.
    When my COD doesn't have information I need very often I find I can get it here from this great group of folks. I've also enjoyed the recipes and suggestions very much and incorporated several of them into my routine. Thanks for that!
  • Hi all

My name is Crystal and I am another Canadian. I am 33, married with two kids and a dog. I realized that I needed to start taking care of me and not everyone else so I started the program on May 28. I don't know if I could have made it through the first part without reading all the info you have provided. Thanks I am so glad I found you all!
  • Hi all,
    My name is Stephanie. I signed up at LAWL on May 3rd just 2 days after my 37th birthday and started on May 5th (I had a birthday party and I was going to eat cake – didn’t want to cheat right off the bat!) I have tried other diets in the past – slimfast – gained weight, Atkins – LOVED it, but couldn’t stick with it, the Zone – just couldn’t stick with it. When I hit my highest number in March/April, I knew I had to do something, even almost signed up for Nutrisystem, but wanted something that would teach me what to eat. My dad did LAWL and lost 30 pounds, a co-worker did LAWL a few years ago lost over 100 pounds and kept it off, and two other co-workers were currently on LAWL and losing. I am down 15 pounds (and according to MY scale, I am under 200!) My goal at the COD is 180 by 9/3, but with the 20 year reunion just around the corner, I think I would like to get down to 140 (or thereabouts).

I am divorced, have seven furkids – 4 dogs and 3 cats. The dogs and I have just started getting up early and have been walking for about 30 minutes. According to my new pedometer – 1.5 miles. I also have a friend that I walk with one time per week for 30 minutes, about the same distance.

I have been searching on the internet for something like this since I started. I am so glad I found this site! I am mostly a lurker tho.
  • Hello Everyone
    Hello, I went and restarted last night and this really looks like the place to come for tips and support. I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Laurie
  • Welcome all you newbies!!!! Post early and post often!!
  • Haven't done this yet, so here we go.

My name is Chrissy, I'm 27 yrs old, been dating my guy for almost 10 yrs now, we live in North Dakota, we have 6 furkids - 2 Alaskan Malamutes Tundra & Timber, a German Shorthair Louie, and 3 cats Sammy, Hailey & Smokey - and a couple fish too :-)

We're both winter people, loving the winter and the sports & activities it brings. We both snowmobile, I dogsled with my 3 dogs as well as skijor, carting, biking, hiking etc. We live in the country, we have 5 acres which takes up all of our time in the summer months - a LOT to mow

My weight loss started May 2006. I was selected to participate in a radio contest - Biggest Loser contest. It was 3 months long - I WON ! I lost the highest percent of body weight out of 6 people. I lost approx. 35 lbs. It was great. Then I got comfortable in the smaller me - I was able to keep the weight off give or take a few lbs for the year.

Now I'm not comfortable anymore and I want to get to my goal weight, so here I am. I joined LAWL through a COD in January - quit by March - tried numerous times after that - no go.
    FINALLY, June 1st I decided enough was enough and I found my motivation and will power again. I'm only 12 days into this, but I really think I can do this, especially with help from this place.

• Hi Everyone -

I'm 42 and have been fat my entire like - seriously since I was 5! I've tried it all - WW, NS, Physicians Weight Loss - nothing worked. Then about 3 years ago I discovered South Beach and lost 60 lbs over a course of 2 years. This past year I had a lot of personally changes in my life and was thrilled just to maintain my weight. I was still only 23lbs from my goal.

Then earlier this year I became ill and had to go on a couple of rounds of steroids and eventually have surgery. As a result, I gained 7lbs. All along I was following the tennents of SB, however I still gained weight. I started the diet from the beginning (strict 2wks of phase 1) and still nothing.

My bff finally convinced me to try LAWL - she lost 42 lbs and looks amazing so here I am. I started LAWL 1 week ago and so far I haven't lost anything but the 1lb I gained during TO .

Anyway - I'm not giving up - I'm so glad I found this board to keep me motivated and provide great suggestions and tips.

Thanks everyone! Keep the good tips coming!
  • New here
    Okay so here I am. I started LA on May 4th. I am doing this to see quicker results than WW. I am also wanting to loose the weight before my husband gets back from a 6 month military deployment. But mainly I am tired of being tired. I want and need to be healthy and so far from what I can see LA is going to teach me better food combos and portions. Just praying it sticks!! So bring on the tips...let's get loosing!!
  • Congrats on your 11 lbs so far Dalemeri !
    And Thank You to your husband for what he does, and what you do as a military wife.
  • Hi Everyone! I guess it’s time I introduce myself. I’ve been lurking for a while…

I joined LAWL on 3/18/07, and have lost 21 pounds so far. I’m doing my first TO today and tomorrow… we’ll see if that breaks the plateau I’ve been at for the last month.

My name is Teresa, I’m 43 and married with 2 sons (17 & 13). My sister is also on LAWL since 2/14/07, and she’s lost 40.2 pounds already! (sometimes I hate her…)

Thanks for this forum, I’m really getting a lot from your helpful hints!