Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 14 of 56
Go to
  • NEW to this forum...
    Hi everyone.. well what can I say?? I am a SAHM of 6 .. only 5 live home.. my eldest just had her first baby girl this month.. she is a cutie(typical grandma response) LOL the rest of my herd is 6g,9g,12b,13b and a college 19g.. I just hit my 40's.. don't tell or I will deny it! I would love to run around more with the kids but get tired easy.. I am moderately active during the day..minus this computer time....... I am just starting this LAWL for the first time and doing it without the centers..(3 hrs away).. I plan on getting all the material I need to be successful but mostly i need to be clear about why i want to lose the weight and how i can achieve this.. I tend to run out of steam so I have got to keep motivated.. little reachable goals.. rewards, incentives(from hubby or friends) .. I substitute teach occasionally. We live at the shore so beach and fishing and sun is minutes away.. I love to shop and decorate.. never enough time or money.. LOL.. I would love to write a book and become known in those circles.. a dream I plan to accomplish one day. married for 15 yrs.. ups and downs.. we each were married b4 and deal with that combining.. issues alot.. I am currently ...SSSSSHHHHHHH..... 239.5
    I would love to be down to 150 true goal.. really 140's ideally but realistic 150's I would accept... probably til I get there,,LOL well enough said.. Hi to all and bye for now..Kim
  • I'm new too
    Hi everyone, new to LAWL, down 7 in the first week, cannot possibly eat all of this food! I am 41, mom of 2. MAJOR sports family, lots of traveling for the kids and my career. I am committed to LAWL after dropping 1200 bucks, but I love the LA lites, I look forward to them. I am a Bikram Yoga addict, and work in the gourmet food arena (not cool on a diet) looking forward to all of your successes, and following along w/my own. weigh in today after yoga, thats tough, I don't eat anything, but by the time I step on the scale I've already drank 48oz of water....wonder what that weighs...hmmm. Good luck and my mom alwyas said, keep your chin up and your weight down, gee thanks mom, I'm trying!
  • A gallon (128 oz) of water weighs 8.34 pounds--I drink between 100-125 oz. a day so that's why I never weigh in the afternoon--only early in the morning before anything is in my system.
  • Hi all!
    My name is Kristin and I new to the board today.

I am the Assistant Controller for a wholesale company in the CA bay area and have a wonderful husband and six-year old son. I like to garden, cook, and read and am slowly remodeling my house one room at a time.

I am turning 20-17 next week (translation - I still wont admit I hit 30 let alone 37!) and I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life. When I pulled out the summer clothes last week and some of my size 20's didn't fit or were tight I was done.

I was always a little chubby as a child, and slowly but surely added a few pounds every year. A few years ago I did WW and I was sucessful at losing about 30 pounds, but put it back on and then 5 more.

I went into our new local LAWL center on Wednesday and was very excited to see what the plan was about. It was all going well until the cost breakdown and then almost had a heart attack! I discussed it with my husband and he supports me 100% if I want to go for it. Your posts about how well LAWL has worked for so many of you have really inspired me to jump in and try it.

I am so glad I found this board, I needed some input from people on the plan and a place where I can get some help keeping motivated (and trust me I will!).
  • Welcome all of you newbies!!!
  • Quote: I am a Bikram Yoga addict, and work in the gourmet food arena (not cool on a diet) looking forward to all of your successes, and following along w/my own. weigh in today after yoga, thats tough, I don't eat anything, but by the time I step on the scale I've already drank 48oz of water....wonder what that weighs...hmmm. Good luck and my mom alwyas said, keep your chin up and your weight down, gee thanks mom, I'm trying!

I also go to Bikram Yoga and LOVE it My problem is finding the 75 minutes to do it---work full time and have two young sons--I usually only make it once a week
  • Hello!
    Hi All! My name is Gwen (username graceey) and I'm 32 years old. I have a 9 year old daughter who is very very active. She is my inspiration to shed these extra pounds I've been carrying around for a while now. I want to be able to run and play with her outside without feeling out of breath or flustered. I live in Louisiana and enjoy going shopping, movies, walking outside in the shade of the evening. I am SOOOOO glad I found this board. I just know it is going to help me.
  • Welcome Gwen--you will love the support, caring, and humor on this board!
  • Hi Gwen:

hope that we can share our weight loss journey together!
  • Kind Of Down
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm kind of depressed and very angry with myself. I work at a local hospital and it is hospital week. They gave us ice cream as a celebration!!!! Whaaaaaaaaa! I messed up!!
  • Gwen -
    Don't worry about one ice cream. Leave it behind you, and do your best the remainder of the day, and even tomorrow to stay POP. Take one day at a time, that's all you can do! Forgive yourself. We ALL mess up.
    Hello all, I am Jessica and I just started the program about 4 weeks ago.
    I have never joined any other weight loss center and have never really tried to lose weight before.

I have always been overweight, but over the years I have started to gain more and more weight. I didn't realize how big I really was. I am a very, very short person, so I should weigh about 105 pounds, but when I started I weighed about 165 pounds, which the heaviest I have ever been. My goal isn't to be 105 pounds, I just want to be 120 and look & feel good in my clothes.

What made me really want to join LAWL was knowing that it really worked. My friend joined last year and lost over 70 pounds. She looks great and feels great.

So far I am enjoying the program and I'm learning how to eat right. The counselors are very supportive and nice. I did have trouble with one of the counselors a couple of times. She was meeting w/ me and would begin to talk about herself and her boyfriend. She even said she gave her resume to one of the clients because she is trying to get a job in the medical field. I reported her yesterday because I didn't feel she wanted to help anyone there but herself. Also, in the beginning they did try to push the supplements, but I told them that I would tell when I was ready for them and they left me alone. I am not going to buy them from the center and spend more money. I did buy the bars to gurantee my weight loss and I really like them. I have a sweet tooth and they really help.

I have already lost 8 pounds.
  • Welcome Jessica! Hop on over to the May Losers and Friends thread and say hello. That is where most of chatter takes place during the day!
  • Hey Jessica--welcome and congrats on your losses already.
  • Hi guys!! My name is Dusty (I'm a girl) and I joined LA weight loss 2 and a half weeks ago. I experienced great success the first week. this second week has slowed. But I am dealing with my diet problem right now: every time I start a diet, I get incredibly sick in the first month, though I am now getting involved in this site and it's really helping me not give up!

I heard a lot of bad stuf about this program, but you know what, I love it thus far. It's so supportive, I didn't feel pushed into anything, and I just KNOW this is gonna work. Especially with these boards! It's great!

I'm 22, I'm a college student and my goal is to lose 172 pounds. That seems impossible right now!! However, I'm really determined.

Well, gee thats my introduction! Hi guys, looking forward to working with all of you!

~Dusty