Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 13 of 56
Go to
  • Welcome Sherry!!
  • Hi everyone-
    My name is Paula, I'm 37 and married with 2 beautiful boys 7 and 4. I work as a social welfare examiner in Upstate New York. I have always been heavy but when my size 28's started getting too tight I knew I had to do something. I originally went to LA in Oct of 2005 and when they told me the price I had to stop myself from laughing. Where would I get that? So I said thank you and I'll let you know. So in December 2005 I went online and saw the internet special. This I could swing (better than the first amount). So on Dec. 30, 2005 I signed up. My first weigh in was Jan. 7 and I lost 8 lbs from Wed. my first real start day. I have now been on plan for 12 weeks and have lost 36.2 as of March 25, 2006. I am so excited to find this forum and will be visiting on a daily basis. It looks like I am going to find some great tips and inspiration from all you ladies.
  • Paula--you are doing AWESOME!!! WE started on the same day. I couldn't even wait for New Years--I was sooo ready. Join us in the Losers and Friends thread for lots of fun and support!
  • hey guys,
    My names agatha, aggie for short and i have been on lawl since the summer with a very long break! see im in med school so its tough not to eat! thats how i gained the extra pounds in the first place! a lil about my self...im 23, just turned! woohoo happy birthday to me happy birthday to me...ok im done with that...lol...in my 3rd year of med school, but im not finished yet...this is a program that combines college and med school into 6years, so im only half way done....and seriously suffering right now...its the toughest year for me...lets just say i spend my saturday nights in bed at 9 to get up at 6 to hit the library...its gotten so bad that if by chance i dont read some hard material at least once a day i feel withdrawal! but on a better note the school years almost over, and im going back to my home town in New york city! i am a little nervous with the summer coming, but ive lost 3kgs in the past 2 weeks so its a good start to getting back on the weight loss train...i have a secret though...ive been watching you ladies for weeks, sneaking around this site and getting some info! hehe....i decided i wanted to get in on the action...you guys all look great and to be honest im shocked at the results...just because the center i go to...i guess the nicest way to say it is they suck! the lady that used to run it who i hear was awesome, fell ill and unfortunately passed away leaving it to a group of ladies im not fond of...so to see such results is great...i always thought that LAWL lacked a support team, i suggested my local branch to host some group talk, its motivational and you may make a friend! btw any gals (or pals) from NY? ok ladies, ive over talked my welcome...last thing, im happy i found you guys
  • Aggie--welcome--no more lurking now--join in! You will find all the support you can handle around here!! Good Luck with school and your weight loss!
  • Hi Aggie! Welcome to the family! Can't wait to get to know you better. Katie
  • Hi Aggie and Paula:

Glad that you join us!!
  • Hey everyone!
    I'm a stay at home mom to a darling son and wife to a great husband (most of the time, right). Anyway, I have been doing LAWL for a few months and seem to be stuck at 35 lbslost. Hopefully you ladies can help get me moving past this plateau!
  • Welcome DF--you will love this place! Tons of advice and support. I'm no help right now--I'm in plateau land, too!! Come over to April Friends and Losers thread to chat
  • Hey Dairy Fairy, welcome!!!
  • Hello! My name is Stephanie. I am from Metropolis, IL. I did the program through the center until I stopped going to WI in January. Since then I have put back on half of my weight. I am back on track now and hoping to lose more than I did when I met my goal the first time. I am 27, engaged to a wonderful man and have no children. I work as a speech therapist in a school and at an outpatient hospital facility. I love to ride horses, hunt, bicycle, fish, read and watch movies. I am also an avid music fanatic and animal lover (especially dogs). I lost 20 lbs in 8.5 weeks the first time and want to lose 20 more ASAP as I am going to a beach wedding in July that I just have to look fantastic for!
  • Hi Stephanie, and welcome!! You are in great company of dog lovers around here. Quite a few of us have them. I have 5. You have also come to the right place for motivation, great ideas, and support. I look forward to getting to know you better!
  • Hello Stephanie and everyone else!
    My name is Stacy and I joined LAWL in January. So far I have only lost 13.something pounds. I was really doing well at first but started just to stay the same. I hadn't gained any weight, just not losing either. I was getting fed up with myself and the center because I spent a lot of money to lose 10 pounds!! I am so glad I found this board. I thinkit will be a great help to me.
    I started walking the past few weeks and am doing Bikram yoga once a week.
    I am only 5'3 so people are starting to notice the weight coming off.
    I am a 3rd grade teacher. I have a DH and two DS. The boys are 5 and 7 and the love of my life!
    I have never been REAL heavy, but always felt I was over weight. I just want to get the weight off and keep it off because I am sick of yoyoing and that is what I have been doing for 10 years.
    Everyone here is so nice. I appreciate your patience with me!!
  • We are glad to have you Stacy!
  • stephanie welcome! i have an american staffordshire terrier (pitt) quite small for her breed, but your amongs dog lovers! welcome and good luck with your weight loss...
    i read some of your previous posts and maybe you should see a nutritionist to help you access what your goal weight should be....120 on a 5'6 seems low unless you have a small frame...my moms 5'6 shes 125-130 fluctuator and is a skinny girl!

stacy!