Old 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #811  

Me me me!

I just had dinner....grilled shrimp, 1/2 baked potato (nuttin on top), and a tossed salad (with some ff dressing).

I still have a dairy left...so I can have some yogurt later.

Hope everyone is having a great on plan day and getting in all their water!!!!

Last edited by Jibbelle; 01-26-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #812  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I'm still here for another hour.
Marcie...Your dinner sounds yummy. I love shrimp.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #813  

I'm here too...just killing time at work. I have another hour and a half to go...then it's TACO NIGHT! I saved all my starches for this and I will count out my taco nacho chips so that I do not go over. I never thought I would count nacho chips, but it's imperative to healthy eating and watching those pounds melt away...

Star - I am Bridezilla right now!!! Things have definitely stepped up a notch now that the wedding is 2 months away!!! I'm a bit stressed, but it will be worth it! As for the Luna Bars...I'm so glad you tried them! They're so much cheaper than LA Lites and really yummy!

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #814  

Hi chicks!

Well, it's my time to confess - fell off the wagon today. I think I'm suffering anxiety (in other words I'm scared) about the upcoming trip. . .always a little flight anxiety, and spending 7 days with people I don't know real well . . .

Star, I went on hold officially yesterday until 2/10. I asked for 2 weeks, she said how about 2/10 - I said fine. That'll give me a few days to get back on program before I actually go in for WI. BTW, the Smore's luna's are good, too. I also like the Dulce De Leche - sort of caramel, but that wouldn't probably give you your chocolate fix. There are also other NON chocolate flavors that I like - the tropical crisp isn't bad, and there is a caramel apple that I like.

About the LC's I had the 5 cheese lasagne yesterday -it was wonderful. Also about the Bacos for those not in the know, they are imitation bacon bits - so Jewish People can eat them too. . .

Meegs -hope you feel better soon! BTW, a nutrionist told me years ago that if you're on antibiotics it's probably not a good idea to do an exercise that makes you sweat. . .Sorry about the BF, but sometimes I think you're lucky if you find it out earlier than later!

Sy - I'm with Star - to me radishes are punishment food, not a guilty secret. Now, I don't count my coffee creamer, I don't count vinegar, and I don't count the occaisional tbsp of the sf cal free vanilla syrup. . .Also, I had to check the salad dressings to make sure they are all FF. .

Diane - WTG - I can tell you're going to have to get that dress altered more than once before the big day! Have you seen the show on A&E about Caesers palace? They did a wedding bit yesterday. .

Karen - I am not packed yet, but I am busily doing laundry, and trying to make sure that everything I bring goes with something (thanks Star). Will bring in dry cleaning tomorrow, pick up some panty hose, etc. . .The butter spray is a free food, five sprays I think?

Jen, thanks for checking in! At least you are still going in to weigh in - I think that's part of the 'walk the walk, talk the talk' bit . One of my danger signs is if I don't WI in the morning - that's my sign that I'm not caring anymore how much I weigh.

Fiona - hope you feel better!

Britt - is it a POP quote or a general life quote . . .You are so busy, chickie, just remember you deserve the best. Also, the other thing that has been helpful to me is that everyday has a potential victory in it - things like weight loss, exercise gains are cumulative, not instantaneous - every day we do it is another victory. . .I'm probably not explaining this very well.

Here I am being philosophical again!

Skinny vibes!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #815  
BAS
BAS

Hey everyone: I hope everyone who is under the weather is feeling better tonight. Being sick sucks!

I took my son to the doctor today for his check up to a town about 1 1/2 hours away. While there I thought I'll just check out their Walmart even though its only 1/4 of the size I usually go to. Well lo and behold they had the Luna bars. 96 cents each. Only two flavors thought - the lemony one and the Nuts over Chocolate one - fantastic. And these are such big bars. I drank a whole glass of water with the one bar. Oh and my daughter lives near by so she can pick me up some because we see each other every other weekend at least.

Trina & Karen - son's check up was good with the colitis but they did find out he has gall stones - hopefully they don't act up. That poor kid. His diabetes is gone too so were thankful for that. No more check ups for three months - whoo hoo.

Are their any Lean Cuisine meals that we can't have? I was going to buy the Mac & Cheese last night and I just figured it had to be off the plan. The variety on this diet is awesome but I still feel I'm eating too much. I guess the scale will tell me that. I still have a fruit to go.

Had a very stressful day to say the least and work was worse. I won't even go there - I did snitch a few Pringles when I got home. Shame on me. I'm going to have a few long days at work this week. I'll be glad when Friday comes.

Well its time to exercise since my evening meal has settled. I'll just go get another big glass of water and start working out.

Have a wonderful night.

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 PM   #816  

Smile hi all

Thanks for all of the salad dressing suggestions. I ate some ff italian at work but I will pick up some others as soon as I go grocery shopping. I had planned to go today but hubby is out of town and my son said he was sick so we came home after school.
I am crazy about the Luna bars. I think they will be what saves me when I feel like going off program. It's enough like a treat to keep me going. You are all so helpful and full of great suggestions. I have learned so much here already. Have a great evening!
mom2skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #817  

greetings all... you will see that i will probably just be checking in at night cause i start feeling guilty doing this at work... oh well... things with me have been going good. i had a good OP day and worked out for 2 hours tonight... tomorrow night is another 2 hour workout... i will probably WI before my date on thursday...

meegs - sorry about your breakup. i have had a lot of fun being single, i guess it helps that my roommates are both single and we hit the town a lot. but seriously, if i had been dating someone in the last few years, i would have not figured out (or started to) who i am... i just turned 28 and things are just now starting to make sense!!

julie - i got back from a cruise about 2 weeks ago... it made national news because over 100 people got sick. and then last night on the news i saw another cruise had to go back to port because almost 200 people were sick. i hope that you have a wonderful time!! just be sure and wash your hands a lot and try not to touch the handrails! goodness, i sound like my mother! i also love the 5-cheese lasagna... it is so filling!

diane - congrats on the 4 inches... i was measured the other day and after a month i had lost 7.75 inches total!! i think that working out had a lot to do with that.

hope everyone has a wonderful OP day tomorrow!! we're halfway thru the week! yeah!!
Cici2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 AM   #818  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
Well, I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. I got a good nights sleep and I'm ready to start the day. I'm off today, that's why I'm so happy about being ready to start the day.
Beverley....I'm glad to hear your son is doing better. This is much happier news than a few months ago. This plan does seem like alot of food. If it's too much, and your not losing, go to a lower plan. I think blue would be a good plan. It has the same serving sizes as the gold but you get 1/2 protein and a starch more. But anyway, just give your body time to adjust to the new plan and you'll be fine. Just work your way down the plans as you lose.
Julie...I don't know what 5 sprays of butter spray is I put like 5 sprays in one spot...
Star...I will be getting on the bike this morning.
Diane...Tacos....yummy
CiCi....We all do this while we are working. Helps pass the time and you get all kinds of support during the day too. Someone is always on here. Well sometimes you have to for them.....
Mom2...I think the bars have saved me many times too. Although, sometimes I eat more of them than I should. I had to get my DH to lock them up again and only give me two a day. I can be quite the at times.
Ok chicks, I'm out of here for awhile but I'll check in later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:22 AM   #819  

GOOOOOOD morning all! Everyone ready for a great on plan day??

I noticed this morning that www.amazon.com has boxes of 15 Luna Bars for 12.99. If you spend $25 (2 boxes) you get free shipping! They have ALL the flavors too. I just got two boxes of flavors I can not get here and saved a few bucks too! They came to a little less than $0.87 a bar and I usually pay $1 a bar at Target or $1.29 at the grocery store.

Last edited by Jibbelle; 01-26-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 AM   #820  
191.8/168.2/160

Good Morning chicks!!!

I have posted for a while and it took a long time to catch up on all the posts! I didn't go WI last week, just because I didn't have time, plus we had some bad weather here.

I now know that I need that accoutablity. I'm still at 169.4, but didn't lose any. I think my body likes to be around 170!

I'm going after the Luna bars also. I have tried the Nutz over chocolate and that was pretty good.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #821  

Good morning chicks!

Hopefully back on track today -

Marcie - what flavors did you get? Didn't know that Amazon did luna's too. .

Karen - I can be quite a little too..

Beverly - so glad that your DS is doing better! And that you found the luna bars! What kind of work do you do? Do you have to drive hours to reach it? About the LCs - I think if you kept to ones that are under or around 300 cals you'll be fine - the lasagne was 310.

Cici - where did you go on your cruise? I've also heard that there is some sort of alcohol (not drinking kind) wash that the cruise makes you do on your hands before you go into eat to try to keep the sickness down. I did buy immodium yesterday to bring with me - it's a form of insurance, now I know I'll never have to use it. Now, I can't find sunscreen yet - will look today. . .

Mom2skyler - Luna bars save many of us - sorry about your son being sick - hope he's well soon!

Hugs!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #822  

Julie-
I ordered Sweet Dreams and Peppermint Stick (or something like that). I have tried the Smores and Nutz over Chocolate and I liked them both. Hopefully these will be yummy too! I have seen several posts saying the peppermint were good....and sweet dreams seems to be a favorite on some of online reviews I read.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #823  

Default Hump Day....

This computer is not letting me use icons today for some strange reason. You know how I love my icons.....oh well.

I love it when I come in and there are pages of posts to read....you chicks rule!

Bridezilla - This is the only time you will get to use this title - wear it well. There is so much stress with planning a big wedding, but you seem pretty cool. Not long til your shower - hope that goes great for you!

Julie - Listen missy - you have done so well on plan and come so far - you can have a slip up every once in awhile. I know your human, right? Glad your getting ready to pack and you have to find the suncreen! Also loved your quote about everyday being a victory. That is so true.

Bev - you said "Being Sick Sucks" Yes, it does but I never thought I would hear you say that out loud.....lol So glad DS is doing so much better, it must be becuz of all the TLC you give him. BTW, LC mac&chs is 300 calories and allowed. I love the LC for lunch, makes life really easy.

Karen - You are probably on the bike right now, I'm so glad your fitting that back in. Exercise actually makes you feel better as well as look better. About being a little "oinker" well, I'll bet most of us on here can say that we have done our fair share of "oinking" in the past and still fight those temptaions - we all belong here together! (And such good company).

Marcie - Thanks for the tips on the sale of Luna Bars, have to check into that later today.

Tammy - Hi girl, have missed you. Our bodies do seem to find a weight and trys to stay there. We can just try to push it to the next lowest "sticking weight" And don't forget what they say about that last 10 pounds - it trys to hang on forever....

BTW, about exercising for those who don't really care for it. If you decide to exercise for just 10 minutes, that's a start. Once you get going, chances are that you will be able to keep going for 15 or 20 minutes. Sometimes the harderst part is just to start......Another trick is, and this might sound really dumb, but I love to workout in nice workout outfits. For some reason it makes me feel better and I think they look better than a baggy t-shirt and sweat pants. JMHO......

Okay - Hugs to everyone else.....later
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #824  

Taken From: "Weight Loss Kit for Dummies"

Ten Diet Friendly Foods:
Water
Skim Milk
Cantaloupe
Tomato
Lettuce
Onions
Grains
Chicken Breast
Tuna fish
Chocolate

More on Chocolate – Chocolate belongs on every diet. It’s a soul-satisfying treat that says, “I’ve been good, and I deserve this.” Of course, it has to be the right kind of chocolate.
Contrary to popular wisdom, dark chocolate is not an empty-calorie food. Like other beans, the cocoa bean contains protein, B vitamins, and minerals (iron, magnesium, copper). It has small amounts of caffeine (an average 18 mg per cup of cocoa versus 130 mg per 5-ounce cup of drip brewed coffee) and theobromine (a mild stimulant and diuretic). And it contains both flavonoids and catechins, those newly identified naturally occurring chemicals credited with making grapes, wine and tea heart-healthy.
Cocoa beans and dark chocolate have no cholesterol, and food techs have done a swell job creating chocolate products without cocoa butter, an artery-clogging saturated fat. The crowning glory is chocolate sorbet, a superstar substitute for chocolate ice cream.
Some sorbets, such as Haagen-Dazs, are totally fat-free with up to 2 grams fiber per ½ cup serving. Drizzle on some fat-free chocolate syrup. Top it with a sliced medium banana, which adds 1 gram of fat but contributes 3 grams dietary fiber and morphs what would otherwise be pure indulgence into one of the five daily servings of fruit and veggies advocated by the Dietary Guidelines for American. Gloriosky!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #825  
191.8/168.2/160

OK, someone please help me with the Luna Bars. What are you favs and what do they taste like?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote