Old 01-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #781  

Smile

I'm new at LAWL and I have a question for all of you wonderful ladies. I have learned so much from reading all of your posts. What salad dressing do you like and can use on LAWL? I don't want to buy a bunch of things that don't taste good so I thought I would ask for some suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help! Have a great night.
mom2skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #782  

Cici: WOOOHOOO on that date! Have fun!!!

Mom2skyler: I buy Hidden Valley Ranch light and have a big salad for lunch with it every day. I count it as my fat. If I eat salad again for dinner (or dont want to use my fat for lunch) I buy fat free french/catalina or fat free italian. They are the only fat free dressings that taste normal to me. I occassionally buy a fat free thousand island...it is pretty good too.

As far as I am concerned anything white and fat free is nasty....including salad dressing, mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese...
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #783  

Good morning, chicks!

Back to 196 today, woohoo!

Marcie - I hate sinus infections - and I always seem to get them after airplane rides! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get them after my trip! Truthfully, I think anytime our bodies are out of kilter, we may not lose weight since our systems are focusing on fighting that infection.

Cici - that is one of the mysteries of weight loss - why is it that sometimes we drop a pound when we haven't been perfect??? I suspect that if we could figure that out and put it in a book we'd make a million. Good luck on the date, chickie!

& Bev The carb cravers is an daily option to the daily program. It's a starch based meal (cereal, pasta, rice, sandwiches) that count as one of your daily protein servings, so you can still have your normal starch servings. Cici - Ask your counselor for the info -- it's on a separate sheet. (if you want to just say you have a friend on the program in another state and she's mentioned the carb cravers plan) If you are on the new program; it's included in the plan guide.

About the PB - it's not normally a trigger food for me, but I think 3 tbsp would be if that makes sense? Of course I could have less.. . But it's also a lot of PB to put in one sandwich with only one tsp of sf jelly. So I don't think I'd enjoy it very much, which is why I haven't had it.

Mom2Skyler -Glad you found us! they suggest FF dressings - 1 tbsp = 1 free food, the sodium should be under 175 per tbsp (I think) I like ranch dressing, the catalina dressing - also if you have Ken's salad dressing the tomato based is terrific. Can't remember the name right now.

Hugs to all, see you later!

Juluie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #784  

Morning Chicks....

Bev - Since I am on the Blue Plan, I get 2 and 1/2 proteins a day. so in the morning I use 1 tlbs of PB on my toast......About working out, you have been walking since I knew you, I think you deserve the credit!

Sy - That other PB you were talkin about is Carb Solutions and it also has Splenda in it and is nothing to cheat for......

Marcie - Hope you get better soon.

Julie - so when does your "Hold" start? I am so excited for you!

Cici - Congrats on the unexpected loss, when that happens we just take it like we deserved it. On the flip side, there will be lots of times when we gain unfairly. I guess it all works out in the wash.

Mom2 - Welcome to our coupe! I like the FF Catalina dressing, it is sweet and has a bite.

Hugs to everyone else out there.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:07 AM   #785  

This has nothing to do with anything really....but I think I like the luna bars (nutz over chocolate and smores) better than any of the LA Lites. Or maybe it is just the change I like. : ) They are like having a rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate! YUMMY! I have not been able to find the peppermint ones around here...but I am still looking.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #786  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Marcie-I get my peppermint stick ones at Kroger. They are in a red package.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #787  

No Kroger here. : ( I have not checked Winn Dixie, Save a Lot, and Piggely Wiggely yet though! I am on a mission.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #788  

Morning gals -

Well the headache that developed Sunday afternoon is still with me today, so I'm seeing my chiropractor first thing tomorrow morning. DH was pre-chiropractic for three years before switching to the religious studies program (all that biology finally got to be too much, he couldn't keep his grades up) and even he with his minimal experience can feel how out of whack my neck is.

So I *kind of* cheated last night - gasp! I skipped a veggie and two fruits and had an extra serving (and a half, maybe) of cheese. I know it doesn't exactly equal out, but I was feeling calcium deficient so I went with it. At least it wasn't ice cream.

Cici - congratulations on being down (I LOVE a big loss after a weekend!) and good luck on your date!

Bev - I'm on purple. The carb cravers menus are different for different plans, but for purple the deli sandwiches are 3 oz of ham, turkey or roast beef on two slices bread, with lettuce and 1T of "deli-style" mustard or lite mayo. I'm guessing the Gold CC might be slightly less meat - not sure. And yes, when you do a CC meal you still get both your regular starches for the day.

Mom2 - I like Kraft Lite Done Right Ranch (bought the Hidden Valley light last time I went shopping because I had a coupon, haven't tried it yet, though) to use as my fat (also use Hellmans Lite Mayo) and I think it must be Kraft FF Italian. Italian is the only kind of dressing I like FF versions of.

Star and Aphil - Good morning!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #789  

Good morning all!

Well, after a "bad" weekend, I stayed OP yesterday. I also made a cup of hot lemon water that I sweetened with Splenda. I know that the pizza I had eaten was high in sodium with all that cheese and my counselor said that the lemon water helps the body get rid of the water retention. It seemed to do the trick because I am back down to the same weight as I was on Friday, prior to the weekend. I think I will WI tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement after the weekend. It helped.

Sy - I have not seen the diet hot chocolate. Once or twice, I have had the "no sugar" added hot chocolate. It is 60 calories. This is when I have stayed on the plan and have had the lighter choices. It has not seemed to affect my WL.
I have fluff in the house as well because my son enjoys a PB and fluff sandwich now and then. ( "fluffernutter" is what we call it).

Julie - I too like a PB and honey sandwich.

Bev - thanks for the encouragement. I will stick with it.

Marcie - I hope you start feeling better. Get some rest.

CiCi - Enjoy your date. I sometimes do the CC meals. I have had the french toast ,the cereal one and the burger and fries. It counts as a protein only so you do have your starches still. The french toast is 5 pieces of diet bread made with 1/2 cup of eggbeaters with 3 T of light syrup. I use with my french toast the Smuckers sugar free syrup. I think it is the best sugar free out there besides the kind that the Waffle House restaurant serves but their syrup has that kind of sweetener (I forget the name) that tastes just like sugar but kind give some people cramps if they have too much . I think it is malbitol or something like that. However, it has never bothered me. Waffle house will sell you a bottle if you ask. The cereal one is you can have 1 1/2 cups of life with SM or actually a cereal that is no more than 180 calories per 1 1/4. Also, I have had the 3 oz. burger with very lean meat on a lite bun with 10 baked fries and 1 T of ketchup. I have not done the sandwiches yet.

I hope everyone has an OP day.

Carolyn
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #790  

Hi everyone!

Mom: Welcome to the board. As far as salad dressings, I use Kraft Fat Free 1000 Island, Kraft Fat Free French or the Kraft Fat Free Catalina. All are good, all are sweet to I normally add some vinegar so cut the sweetness). I do like the Hidden Valley Lite Ranch, but since it's lite - you should use it as your fat for the day and it's hard for me to give it up for that.

Jumper: Not all stores in our area carry the Swiss Miss 'Diet' hot chocolate either, so when I saw it - I grabbed a box. I like fluffernutters too! LOL!

Hey, you know - before I came to this site, I never realized that I watch as much sports on TV as I do. I watched the SU vs Rutger's last night, second 1/2 only - man oh man, what an awesome (for SU) game. I can't believe that we were behind 18 points from the first 1/2 of the game. SU made a come back. The last minute of the game probably lasted 30 minutes with timeouts and all - but SU pulled it off! Go Orangemen!

Later, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #791  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks,
It's going to be a very long day for me. I've been up since 2 o'clock and I am so tired right now... I just walked around the hallways of the building the office is in to see if that would wake me up some. Nope.. Guess I'll just have to wait for a second wind to come my way. Whew.....
I'm still OP and waiting for my weigh in on Thursday. Sure hope the scales are nice for me and everyone this week..
Tomorrow, I'm suppose to come in and work for a few hours but I can't see driving an hour each way just to work for 3 hours. So, since I have to work the weekend, I might just take the next 3 days off as planned. Works for me..
Fiona...Hope the headache gets better. I get them sometimes that for days but I never thought to go see a chiropractor about it. I may have to check into that or just learn how to "not sweat the small stuff"
Carolyn...Hmmmm, I never thought about the burger and fries or french toast carb cravers meal...yummy.!! When I did it, it was always with a sandwich.
Star...Since I'm off the next three days, I guess it's back to the bike huh? I'm really going to try and keep this up, just for you. I can't do it for me or I won't do it...
Welcome mom2skylar...You will like it here.
Julie...Are you all packed and ready to go.
Hello to everyone else too...Has anyone heard from Kristi lately?
Marcie...We don't have a Krogers here either. I really like that place...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #792  

S/C/G: 205/153.8/140

Good Morning Chicks!

I am back from the land of the missing.. er, rather land of the sick. I have been sick since Saturday. Sinus/ear infections, really bad ones. Now it has moved down to my lungs and is wiping out my voice. I have been home from work yesterday and today. The only positive thing about being sick is that I have not been hungry at all! I have had some low sodium tomato soup with milk to try to get some nutrients into my body, and oranges. Today the acidity in the oranges is killing my throat, so I must find some other fruit. I had a little case of cabin fever this morning, so I decided to go weigh in (since it's right next to the dry cleaners, and I really needed to pick up some of my clothes!) Good news.. I am down to 161!!! I could not believe it. Now, I am expecting to be a little bit up when I go in on Friday as I have not really been eating these last few days, and I went in in the am today, and normally go at the end of the day. But it was the booster I needed to stay OP today. A BIG comfort food for me when I am sick is regular tomato soup, with velvetta cheese and some pasta thrown in. I was so going to go to the store after my weigh in and get the ingredients, but instead I got some chocolate slim downs and plan on staying OP! I think I have mentioned before that I like to throw the slim downs in the freezer and eat them, kind of like a Frostie from Wendy's. I think it will help my throat feel better! Plus I have not gotten in any protein since Friday, and that can not be good at all!

Marcie~ I know how you are feeling! It stinks! Hope you are better soon. I think all our bodies react differently to being sick... I know that I will loose when I am sick, but I quickly gain it back once my appetite returns!

Jumper~ I will ALWAYS drink hot lemon water after a day off plan. I find that it really helps. My counselors say to drink it in the am and then last thing before bed time for 2 days following any off plan type of day.

Cici~ Congrats on your loss.. must be all that excitement about the big date! You will have to let us know how it went!

Ok ladies.. the BF and I ended things on Friday. It just was not working. I think that if I had not also been sick, that I would have gone WAY off plan, but instead I held the emotional eating off to just a little slip on Saturday afternoon. So Cici, I am with you now on the dating scene! Watch out, here I come!!

Hope everyone is doing well..
Star, how is the little diva?
Julie.. I am so jealous that you are going to leave this coldness for your cruise.. I know you will have a blast.
Fiona~ I know that the chiropractor is a great thing.. I go about every other week just to keep myslef aligned with all the running I do.

Another thing about exercising.. I have not run in over a week! YIKES! I feel like a lazy sloth, but I know it is better in the long run for me to feel better and not push myself. However, I can not tell you how excited I am to know that tomorrow I will be in that gym bright and early even if only for 2 miles of walking.. just to do something!

Have a wonderful OP day ladies!
Meegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #793  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If any of you are looking for a certain flavor of Luna bar and cannot find it-something you can do is to go to the store where they sell other flavors of Luna bars-and put in a request with customer service or the management to please start carrying a particular flavor. Usually whoever does the ordering will order a couple flavors that look like they would be popular-but may not carry every flavor Luna (or whatever product) there is. A lot of grcery stores would be happy to carry something if they knew for a fact it would sell. I have done this with my Kroger and Wal-Mart with various things and they have started to carry things for me. It never hurts to ask!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #794  

I will go WI today and I know I haven't lost the weight, but today they will measure me! This I'm excited about because of all the working-out I've been doing. I should be done a bunck of inches, I hope!

Lastnight out of weakness, my DF and I stopped at a Chinese Buffet. We were tired and cold after playing with the horses for a couple of hours and my barriers were down. 1st of all it was awful so I know we will never go back. I did stick to the basics and had Chicken and Broccoli and greanbeans, but I don't even want to think about the Sodium. I'm going to start drinking the hot lemon water. Do you all use fresh lemon or can I buy lemon juice or something like that to add?

Aphil - thanks for sharing this info! I would have never thought to do that...Target here gives the best price on the Luna Bars ($1 each), but they only carry 2 flavors...Nutz over Chocolate and something lemony. I do love the Nutz over Chocolate , but I would like to try other flavors!

Meegs - Sorry to hear about your break-up, but now you're on to bigger and better things! Feel Better!

Mom2Skyler - Welcome to the group. This is a great place to get insight into the program. I use Hidden Valley Ranch Lite and I've been naughty not counting it as my fat for the day.

OK I will start today counting my Salad Dressing correctly, but I always use smart balance butter on my veggies and thats my fat...hmmmm...I have a dilemma! I best pick up a fat free Ranch, that's free right?

For all the chickies out there who aren't feeling well...I hope you feel better real soon!

Skinny Vibes to All

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #795  

Geez, all you sick chicks - hope your all better soon.
Meegs - I know your really sick if you aren't doing some kind of exercise, but since you are so looking forward to it - sounds like you are on the mend! Sorry about boyfriend - his loss! If I remember correctly, single life is alot of fun; hanging out with single girlfriends and checking out guys.......

hey Sy - you know I was only kidding about messing with chocolate - you can find a relly bad replacement. If it helps me with the addiction I will be very happy......

Aphil, I'm on my way to Wal-mart at lunch to pick up some Luna bars.....as much as we talk about them - they must be good.....

Karen - You get your booty on that bike.....your gonna get back in the swing in no time. Remember - Daisy Dukes season is right around the corner......don't make me come down there....lol

Fiona - Hope your headache goes away. No fun trying to keep track of anything when you have a big pain in your head!

Hey, where is Tammy? and Jen? and who else am I missing??? Sammy and Kristi has been gone for awhile - if your lurking - shout out to ya!!!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote