Old 12-30-2004, 07:42 PM   #316  

Star, great to see you back. I feel the same as you about eatting over the holidays. I've been good all week (until tonight) - went overboard on some Fat Free ice cream, but will write it down. Worked out all 4 days this week (gym is closed until Sunday), 3 days at 1 hour and 1 day at 40 minutes. I'm kind of worried because since having a free for last week/weekend - it's been so hard sticking OP this week. Everyday I'm hungry. Don't know if it's because I have been working out more or what? I do plan on going into the center tomorrow morning. I'm afraid to WI in the afternoon until next week when I have a full OP week.

Marcie: I love NC and wish I was there enjoying some 70 degree days. I have to admit - my husband is a grill freak and we keep ours out all winter long no matter how much snow we get. He won't eat fish or steak unless it's grilled. Enjoy your steak this weekend and the weather.

Julie: You made me laugh about your hair cut and losing a pound because of it. LOL! Thanks for commenting on my message about the fat/thin feelings. Your right, we are so intune with our bodies and that is a good thing.

I can't wait until Monday so we can start "BL for the Week" - maybe that will get me back into the grove.

I'll check in tomorrow. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:26 AM   #317  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning,
Just thought I would check in early this morning. I have alot of running around to do not to mention we are still unpacking boxes.
I got on the scales this morning and I'm up .4 I'm not really worrying about it though. I was on plan. It might be from the steak and a lean cuisine I had for lunch. I told DH that I didn't want to get on the scales this morning because I felt fatter....You can tell when you are up...
I'll be getting on the bike later today for atleast 15 minutes but hopefully alittle longer.
Ok chickies, you have a great day and I'll check in later.
Star...I'll talk to you in alittle bit...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:13 AM   #318  

Sy-
I am kind of like your husband...I prefer steak and fish on the grill...especially fish, because I dont like it stinking up my kitchen! hehehe

Karen-
Get lots of water in today and I bet you will be back down next time you weigh. : )

I have weigh in today! woohoo I am going to get all of my work done quickly so I can get out of here and to the center by lunch.

Take care all and have a great OP day!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:15 AM   #319  

Good morning, chicks!

I'm with you, Marcie - I'm going to WI today, too, and hopefully, that will keep me on track for this weekend - I'm going out to dinner tonight, and THEN a party - so will try to follow Star's hints from a few weeks ago - (and maybe find the cutest guy to neck with ). Do you live close to the water? I would love to live on the south atlantic coast some day.

Star - glad that you feel that you are on track. You know that weight won't be around for long - it can't be REAL fat - it's just water weight, and once you get back to those water cocktails, it'll be gone.

Sy - I think you are ahead of me. My goal is to be more in tune with my body. And to remember how bad I feel a day after a sugar binge. It's almost like a hangover.

Bev - I finally (!) got that diary in the mail yesterday. You should get it on Monday, I hope.

Happy New Years, chicks!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:34 AM   #320  

Julie-
It is about a 2 hour drive from our house to the beach (in Wilmingon NC). There are lots of beach choices that are 2-4 hours away.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #321  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Julie, thanks.

Marcie- I am also in NC; actually I was in your town a few weeks ago for a christmas party.

bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:01 AM   #322  

Small world!! We just moved to Sanford from St. Louis in April....wow what a change! LOL

I am off to Cary this afternoon to do some shopping! woohoo
Old 12-31-2004, 11:58 AM   #323  
Bev

I found a way to have a brownie lawl style- i took a chocolate crunch lite bars microwaved it for 50 sec. and it was warm and yummy.

has anyone had the chocolate chip bars, are they any good?

bev
Old 12-31-2004, 12:55 PM   #324  

Good afternoon chickies

It's sunny and warm enough to go out without a coat today (very unusual for this time of year)! I only have a few minutes. I just wanted to come on and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I don't get a chance post very often but I do try to read all of your posts - they are always encouraging and motivating. You guys are great!

I went for a WI on Wed. and was up 1.0. I was a little bummed, but when I went for WI today, I was down 2.4. I had set a mini goal to reach 130 before the end of the year and my WI today was 129.4! I'm so happy!

I can't believe I've made it this far! What a way to start the new year!

Hugs to everyone!
lisalutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM   #325  

I know it is my first week...and mostly water weight...but I just weighed in and I was down.....6 lbs!!! WOOHOOO
Old 12-31-2004, 02:17 PM   #326  

Congratulations, Lisa and Marcie!!!!! I hope your successes will keep you motivated and on the right track!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #327  

I just got my LAWL cookbook on CD! WOOHOO!

SO...I figured I would post a few recipes a day...for those that dont have the cookbook. Or does everyone have it???

Todays theme....BEEF.

Beef Roast
1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Dairy (4 ounces), 1 Fat

3 ½ ounces eye round roast
1/8 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt
1 cup of fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white cooking wine
1 tablespoons diet mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
4 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
Dash of white pepper
½ cup Herbox Very low sodium Beef Broth
1 tablespoon flour

· Trim all fat from roast. Cut 2 pockets into roast, by making 3 inch deep cuts. Place roast in plastic bag set in bowl or baking pan. Pour cooking wine over roast. Close bag and marinate for 3-6 hours in the refrigerator.
· Combine mushrooms, water, dill weed, and salt. Cook uncovered, over medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Stir in the onion and mayonnaise.
· Remove roast from marinade. Place filling into pockets.
· Bake in 325' oven for 3/4 to 1 hour, or until a meat temperature of 150'.
· Sauce Mix together yogurt, flour, and pepper. Stir in broth. Cook until sauce thickens.
· Slice roast between pockets. Place on dinner plate; top with sauce.

Stuffed Flank Steak
1 Protein, 1 Vegetable

3 ½ ounces of beef flank steak
1 cup of fresh mushrooms
1 cup of Herbox very low sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon of low sodium Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 tablespoon water

· Score flank steak by making shallow cuts diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern
· Pound steak with a mallet into a rectangle.
· Spread mushrooms on top of steak. Roll up meat, starting from one short side. Secure with string or wooden skewers.
· Spray skillet with Pam. Brown the steak roll on all sides. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until meat is tender, turning occasionally.
· When meat is done cooking, remove from skillet and keep warm.
· Combine cornstarch, parsley, and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.

Beef Dijon
1 Protein, 3 Vegetables, 1 Dairy (4 ounces)

3 ½ ounces of beef flank steak
1 teaspoon whole black pepper
1 cup of fresh mushrooms
5 green onions thinly sliced
11/4 cup of water
½ packet of Herbox very low sodium beef broth
4 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon of flour
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard 1 cup of fresh asparagus spears

· Rub black pepper on both sides of steak.
· Broil steak 3 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Turn steak over and brown for 6-8 minutes longer.
· Combine mushrooms, green onions, water, and beef bouillon; cook until mushrooms are tender.
· Mix yogurt, flour, and mustard. Stir into mushroom mixture. Cool and stir until thickened.
· Cook asparagus. Slice steak thinly. Arrange steak slices and asparagus on dinner plate. Serve with sauce.

Happy Cooking

Last edited by Jibbelle; 12-31-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:28 PM   #328  

Oh chicks, I must eat my words (at least they'd have no calories). Confession time.

I came home from a great WI - I made it down 1 pound from last week, so the holiday excess was gone, plus - and then I dug into a pint of full fat icecream that had been lurking in my freezer since before I started LAWL. And a chocolate fudge bar. At least they are gone. I think I was just due for a slide. I just have to be careful of all-or-nothing type thinking, right? with a gone afternoon, that's no reason to have a gone day???

Groan.

Anyway, Marcie and Lisa - that's terrific!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:50 PM   #329  

Julie-
Climb right back on the wagon with an on plan evening.....just count that as your dairy and fat and forget it happened!! You can do it!

There is a guy working at our center...it was kind of strange having a guy weigh me and stuff...but he seems really nice. Any men working at your centers??

Does LAWL still make chocolate pudding? Does it count as a bar? Is it good? Anyone heard of LAWL Smoothies? I saw someone selling a can of smoothie mix on ebay....saying it was an LAWL product. I have never seen it at the centers.

GOOD LUCK!
Marcie

Last edited by Jibbelle; 12-31-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 PM   #330  
Bev

What is everyones favorite la lite bar? I have only tried chocolate crunch.

Bev