Old 12-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #286  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey Chicks!

Just got back from running errands which included wi but I was actually down .2!! Yea! I was surprised in fact I had psyched myself into accepting a 1 lb. gain. I think my new job is helping keep me in stabalization. They gave me a card for week 5 and you get to add one more fat and different choices like nuts, avacodo, sour cream, so really not much to speak of as I was not into many of the food prior to this! The one that really sent me jumping for joy was the addition of PB without a 3 times a week limit! I swear I see my toast smile in the morning!! Maybe it is my reflection in the sheen of the PB!!!!

Congrats to Tam and good luck to all you other chicks still facing the demon this week. I am so glad it is over until Monday as I am going out of town this weekend. I am just going to do my very best at portion control and eating lots of salad prior to dinners.....

It is raining so hard here today. DH and I are headed up to get coffee he is working from home so he has to help a lady with payroll first so thought I would get on and say hi and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all and your families! I am Happy I found this site and all the great chicks! So quiet without Star and Kristi and Britt! Britt, when do you go back to school? I have one more week although the kids go back on Monday so a week of rest and chores before I get back to the grind stone. I am only taking 6 credits so hopefully I can get my GPA up to 3.5 and graduate with honors!!

Okay hugs and well wishes to all!!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:43 PM   #287  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations to all you losers... I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Star will be back to work in the morning.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #288  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Julie, thanks for mailing me the one you have.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:24 PM   #289  

Hi Everyone!

Today was my 2nd day back on track and it feels good. I gained 2lbs. on my Monday WI and today I was back down so I feel better. Now if I can just stay focused until my wedding! I need those "Skinny Vibes"! Let's kick off our "BL of the Week" contest on Monday. I'm definitely in!

Sy - Good job on tossing all the junk food out of the house. I wish I could have done that, but I nibbled and nibbled and then nibbled some more...
Needless to say it's all gone now...

Fiona - You will do great at your 1st Open House! I'm sure you're getting a ton of guidance from the other Realtors in your office, but if you ever want to you can e-mail me with questions --> [email protected]. Good Luck and I hope you meet many interested buyers!

Well Chickies...I'm off to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Skinny Vibes to All

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:37 AM   #290  

Diane: I'm sending you skinny vibes...thanks for sending them this way too! Can you feel them!

Hey, I miss you Star. So glad you'll be back today.

Hi Sammy, glad you had time to pop in. Happy Holidays! Was it you that was routing for USC football?

Tam: You did awesome at only being up .4. Wow. I hope that I have the same luck today or tomorrow at WI. I brought my WI clothes to work with me today (because I'm wearing jeans) so I may stop in after work.

Jib: I bet that you are seeing/noticing more food commercials on TV since you started too. I remember that happening to me. LOL! You will learn to ignore them - he he. Thanks for sharing about bringing the snacks to work and normally I would do just that - but since Jan 1st is on Saturday - I don't think that I can have the goodies in the house for 2 days before going back to work on Monday. I'll see what happens. And I have to agree, the people at work will eat just about anything that someone brings in. LOL!

I'll check back later, it's time to start work. Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #291  

Tomorrow is WI! WOOHOO Cant wait. I have been a VERY good girl this week and I am really proud of myself.

Is anyone else cooking a meal for themselves and almost a completely other meal for their family? DH is 6'3 and 150lbs and eats ALL the time. He needs lots of carbs and fat. : ) It totally SUCKS cooking two meals and watching him eat the good stuff. hehehe He would wither away on my food though. LOL
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 AM   #292  

Good morning, chicks!

Fiona, I have my fingers crossed for you on the open house this weekend! I'm sure that the New Year will bring you lots of luck.

Tammy - that's terrific - only up .4 when you've been taking all those meds.

Sy - I'm just glad that I'm going to my DS's for New Years brunch - then I can just say no to taking home any leftovers. Although, her MIL makes an awesome creamed chipped beef, that I only have on New Years, so I will have it this year. Sodium and fat **** (or heaven)?

Sammy - how great to be DOWN over the holidays! What is the serving size for the peanut butter. LOL on the smiling toast.

About going to the center this week - I went on Tuesday, and think I'll go back tomorrow to be primed for the weekend. I was up, but that was Christmas dinner and TOM bloat. I'm back down at home, so I think I'll be back to normal by tomorrow.

Has anyone made any New Years resoloutions? Mine may sound strange, but I think one of my goals is to start treating myself like a skinny person. I think it's related to what Sy posted about not going back to old habits. I've lost and gained weight so many times, and I think it's because I don't change the way I look at myself. And then OTHER people don't change the way they treat me.

Oh well, enough philosophy for the morning!
Hugs and skinny vibes! Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:07 AM   #293  
One meal at a time!

Good Morning,
Welcome Back Star... Even though you haven't posted yet.

Sy....When the food commercials come on, I just close my eyes. Funny, but it works. I don't mind hearing them, it's just seeing them that bothers me.

Marcie...We have to have two different meals at my house too. My DH is 6' and weighs about 165-170, and he doesn't gained a pound. Last night for instance, I had broiled Tilapia and he had fried chicken. I had to eat in the other room....

Julie....My New Year's resolution is to get the weight off. That seems to be it every year but this time I just want to do it and be done with it. I'm sure hoping so anyway.

Diane....I'll be ready for the biggest loser contest on Monday too. Do we still get to be queen for a day?...lol

I brought my plans to work with me today so I can go over them when I have time. I have to stay focused on the plan. I'm off for the next 5 days and think it's going to be hard trying to do it at home. Wish me luck.

Hi to everyone else..Got to get some work done...Talk to you later.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #294  

Karen-
I always thought it would be easier to stay on plan at home than work, but it is the exact opposite. I can resist the cafe, vending machines and peer goodies at work. When I am home it is a little tougher! I just keep a bowl of fresh green veggies in the fridge and if I get the urge to much I have a piece of celery or something. It usually satisfies the craving!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:31 AM   #295  

Star: Is the mail stacked so high at your desk that you can't get to the computer or are the males stacked so high at your desk because you have been away and need you to assist them?

Julie: I think I'm with you about treating ourselves as a thinner person - just wondering how to make that possible. I have good days and bad in that area. Some days I feel great (thinner), other days I feel like I haven't even lost any weight. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but some days I just feel fat. What is up with that? These Holidays were a real wake up call to me. By the time this weekend came along, I swear I probably gained most of my weight back (that's about 38+ lbs), but that is how I felt. Each time I looked in the mirror, my stomach seem to just expand. At 1 point, I'm very serious about this - I was afraid to get dressed thinking my jeans wouldn't fit me anymore. I was totally amazed that they did fit. Maybe I'm just more conscience than I have been in the past and knew that I ate way to many goodies than I should have. But, then I think if I keep this thinking up - maybe this will be the time that I keep it off? If you can picture this, I'm 5' 7'' tall and my goal weight is 155 - that is a very liberal goal as for my height - I could be stand to lose another 15 lbs to be 140 and I would still be over the charts for height/weight - so I'm not asking myself for the impossible. Am I nuts or do any of you still have these days?

As far as resolutions. I'm sticking to the last 2 New Year's resolutions, exercise (2003) and diet (2004). Funny how they seem to work hand and hand and combining them last year really made me successful this year (and if it wasn't for LA to teach me some better eatting skills of course). Short term goal is to get the last few pounds off and join the maintenance group - I may even become a lifetime member of LA (is there such a thing?) - if not, I will create my own lifetime membership and keep coming here for encouragement.

Good Luck Karen having the next 5 days off and sticking OP. Just keep thinking, when your tempted to go off-P. Is it worth it (it sure is)? Are you worth it (you sure are!), and do you deserve feeling better about yourself (you sure do) . Remember, everyone can encourage you - but if you really want to lose the weight, only YOU can make the changes to make it happen. You have been through some tuff times these past several months, and you landed on your feet. Be proud of that and built on it. It's a new year, new beginnings and a new way of life. You go girl friend. I'm placing my bets on you!

Jib: As far as 2 meals - I have a big advantage in this area. DH likes and does cook for himself as he normally doesn't want anything to do with what I'm eatting. LOL! Occasionally I will make something that turns his head and he has to be starving to decide to have what I'm having. About the only thing that he likes that I eat is tossed salad. Hopefully he will get on the band wagon as he has gained about as much weight as I have lost. As long as he doesn't pass it back onto me - if that starts happening - he can stay BIG forever. LOL!

Bride2Be: You have a great attitude. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see before and after pictures of you on your wedding day!

I hope I edited this enough to post. Hugs to all, Sy
Old 12-30-2004, 11:02 AM   #296  
One meal at a time!

Sy...Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm really determined to do something about this weight this time around. (Says the one who has only been back on plan for 4 day...lol)

Star...You better get on here and post. Everyone is missing you.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #297  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey all,

I am sending out those "skinny vibes" to everyone. Man, don't we need them.

Congrats to all the losers and everyone else who is trying really hard! I knew it would be hard, but sometimes, it just kills me and I would love to dump my head in a whole dish of cheesy lasagna!!!!!!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #298  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey chicks!

Just wanted to check in and say hey! I just had a huge post written and lost the whole thing..... AAARRRGGGHHH@! That is how my whole morning has been! Went to work bright and early to get finished and could not work as the product still needed scanned so got home to a filthy house and my two able bodied children watching t.v. only after finding out the middle child called DH to tattle tale on the older one for calling him names, we just talked to the older one two nights ago about calling names and making middle one feel bad but as you can see, our words mean very little.... Will this holiday season ever end so my life can return to normal???

Sy-I am rooting for BSU. We play in the Liberty Bowl tomorrow (which I have to miss as now I have to work and then we are driving to DH's fathers house). We are playing against Louisville and they are the closest matched team BSU has played all year!!! It will be the best game of the season! USC I think was undefeated as well though right? Or am I thinking of CalState? At any rate the game is going to be so good and I think it is airing on ESPN at 1:30 MST so it might be worth the watch for you and DH even though it is not your home team! Tell DH I promise him he won't regret watching it and it wll be the BEST game of the year!!! Okay, off my Go Broncos soap box!!

Star-Hope you had a great time off, but come on chick, we miss you! Where is the love???

Kristi-I was on the net last night looking for DH a job in Portland..... No luck but still would love to move there!! How is home life treating ya? Did you decide to just go on maintenance or are you trying stabalization again?

Diane- Don't fret about the gain you will be back in no time especially as committed as you are!!!

Karen- You will get there, and Sy is right, what a year to try to have to think about weight loss. I always say I am just thankful to have gotten through the day sometimes....

Julie-I am with you as thinking of ourselves as skinny people.. I made a committment to myself that once I hit goal, I know what to do, how to eat, how not to eat, and I told myself I will never be that hotty on the workout video for now anyways. I just wanted to be healty with more energy and not worry about justifying why I had gotten to where I was before LAWL. I use to stand in front of the mirror going it is okay, I have had three kids, no time to work out, and I am okay the way I am but then I still was not happy. I found out that with LA I could still not workout (although that is this Year's Resolution) and still lose weight and feel so much better about myself. That was the hardest thing for me and I think Kristi totally helped me to realize that I will never be that person but I am happy with the new me that is so much better than before!! Okay, philosophy session over!! You can do it you are committed to yourself and I think that is a huge obstacle for all of us!!

Fiona-good luck on the open house, I have all my parts crossed for you!!!

Okay, I have a couple hours before going back to train a new employee to taked over one of my stores so I am going to do laundry and finish a quilt I start for Noah....

Happy thoughts to all!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #299  

Our company sends out this health tips daily. Here is today's as it is very appropriate for us and the date:

*** Today's Tip: Sticking With a New Year's Resolution
Improve your chances of achieving your new year's health goals. Be
specific. Instead of promising to lose 15 pounds, state how you will do
it. For example, say that you will add 40 minute walks along the lake
front or workouts at the health club, 4 times a week. Use a simple
tracking system, perhaps check marks on a calendar, to help you keep
your focus.

My building here at work is about 100 feet from Lake Ontario, but this time of year - it would be a bit extreame to walk along the lake front. LOL! Ocean front in Aruba or Florida would be more like it. Wishful thinking... Sy
Old 12-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #300  

Default Hi Chicks...

Well, it's me the evil dizzy one......

I did not post earlier becuz I feel very unworthy again and mad at myself.....going up north was fun and I continued the holiday celebration even though I knew better - we call that stupid right

This morning I got on the scale and almost hit the ceiling when the number came up, I just wanted to cry. I guess I was expecting a miracle in my mind, but no luck. To make this very sad story short - I blew it and now I'm back on plan (this feels like dejava (sp?).....

Plus, ofcourse I couldn't just come on and post. I am so nosey I had to see what was going on and who is doing what.....I appauld all of you chicks that have lost and those that have maintained - You are better chicks than me, right now I feel like I'm at the bottom of the chicken coupe,plus being green with envy.

With that said, I am not going to the center until Monday. At this point, I just can't bear to have the counslors frown on me for being so and I know they certainly will. My goal now is to be POP before Monday and try to do damage control.....so the number won't be so bad. I know all of this torture is my own doing and this is just payback.......

Thank goodness the holidays are over, it sure wasn't easy for me...Ba Humbug..........

Glad to be back here..........even if I did blow it bad
Star is offline   Reply With Quote