Old 10-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #31  
156/127.4/127.4

Is anybody nervous for Halloween as it is the start of the Good Food Holidays? Who, besides me is craving Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies? Next week I have to make sugar cookies with frosting for my son and I am allowing myself ONE!!! Then on Halloween I am allowing myself ONE piece of candy....
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:49 PM   #32  

Default No neck huh?

Sammy,

Tell you dear husband he'd better be nice to you becuz the "Chick Squad"
has got your back

Also inform him that having no neck isn't that bad, it could be another body part he might miss alot more
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #33  

Hey there gals...another stressful day, another hard-earned dollar...another urge to give in and just order the darn pizza.... but that was just the low blood sugar talking. Thank goodness for fresh pineapple - sweet like candy and lots of natural sugar, and it actually kept me from giving in to the pizza demon lol!

Have a good OP evening everyone - I get to stay home with DD tomorrow except for the few hours when I'll be busy taking my real estate exam!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:28 PM   #34  

Hi everyone. DH is out looking at a house (his job) and I finally got on the home computer. Just got back from the gym and did 1 hour on the ellipitical - my friend Julie was met me there and when she's there - the makes me stay on themachine for 60 minutes (until the machine turns off itself).

Anyone hear from June?

You ladies make me laugh. The guy next to me is DH. Others are friends.

Man, DH is home and I should go and at least say hi to him. I'll try to come back later. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #35  

Oh Kristi...love the eggnog lattes. My fav is the peppermint mocha from Starbucks. Tried to make my own using peppermint extract...just not the same!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:15 PM   #36  

Notice the new avatar everyone - aren't I cute? j/k, that's DD LAST Halloween, although she looks pretty much like that still. (After watching her change on a month-by month basis for three years, I'm still surprised at how "the same" her new school picture looks compared to last year!)

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #37  
laureen

HI Ladies,
Sy, thanks for your help and encouragement. I guess you are right about WW being a slower plan, you dohowever have more food choices. I do belong to the Y and should get my butt back to the gym. Star, I actually live in The Woodlands, 14 years now, lived in Boerne for 12 years originally from New York. It has been brutal here still in the 90's!!!! I am not a breakfast eater and do not like yougurt any suggestions?? Since I don't take the La Lites they want me to go on the purple plan. Thats alot of protein!!!
Where do you find the carb carvers menu?? Thanks alot.. enjoy you posts, ya'll are hilarious!!
Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #38  
156/127.4/127.4

Okay chicks-I am going to try to post my picture! Again I warned you so no laughing!! This was taken at my son's b-day in October so about three weeks and I am about 2 pounds smaller is all so pretty dang accurate!

Have a great evening!
Sammy
Old 10-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #39  
156/127.4/127.4

okay, I give up I tried for over an hour to post my dang picture. It would not work it kept saying image is over 500 pixels and I tried to change and it would not any suggestions?
sammy
Old 10-21-2004, 11:38 PM   #40  
156/127.4/127.4

Okay, Now I am really embarrassed! After the 200th try I got it to work then went in to look at it and it is larger than life!!! So it is not like I am in love with myself or anything it is just that I have been trying to get it to work for over and hour! So I warn you, as you open it, it jumps out and grabs you so please be prewarned!!

Good night all!
Sammy
Old 10-22-2004, 06:52 AM   #41  

Kristi: If you take Ĺ cup of pasta and add some veggies and include it as your Protein and a Veggie, it may be more filling than it sounds. Your chicken recipe sounds good, I have never tried chicken with mustard.

Star: Believe it or not, I didnít have a Ďdrinkí that day Ė the game was at Noon and we picked up our friend and his parents at 9:30am Ė all I had was a big cup of decafe as boring as it sounds Ė I stuck to program Ė even at the tailgate party. LOL!

Sammy: Your sweet, but there is more than 7 lbs under that jacket. LOL!

Amy: Good for you for bringing you lunch. Maybe you could get out of the office a couple days a week and bring your lunch the others. You can also make a taco flavored meal using ground turkey or chicken. I know itís not quite the same, but after you add garlic, chili powder, hot pepper, splenda, and onion and garlic powder Ė you really canít tell if itís chicken or beef. Itís great over lettuce with salsa. Okay, maybe thatís what Iím having for dinner tonight.

Sammy: Good for you for planning the start of the holidays. If I had to make sugar cookies Ė I donít think the dough would make it into the pan. Then, if I had to frost them there would be no point Ė I would have to go out and purchase them.

Remember I mentioned that I didnít have any BD cake. Well, Iím not a big cake eater, but keep me away from the frosting. It has to the regular frosting, the really sweet stuff Ė I have a reputation of eating the frosting and leaving the cake. And, my ultimate cake choice is putting my piece in the freezer and eating it frozen. So you see, putting things in the freezer does not deter me from eating it.

Star Ė your advice to Sammy is right on target! LOL!

Fiona: Your DD is beautiful! Good for you for keeping the demons at bay! Good luck on the RE exam. Let us know how you made out.

Laureen: Where is NY were you originally from? Being a NYer, Iím always interested. Ask your center for a copy of the Carb Craverís sheet. There are different choices depending on what plan. Iím on the Gold Plan, but if you are switching to the Purple Ė you will have much better choices.

Sammy, your beautiful and your DH looks pretty good to me too! No laughing here, makes me want to take my picture down and post one of my younger sister. Just jokingÖ LOL!

Have a great day everyone. Good Luck Fiona on your RE exam!

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #42  

Default Morning Chicks....

Hey Girls.... It's Friday..

First, Sammy - you and DH are a hot couple - cool picture DH should be counting his lucky stars to have you...AND,I clearly see a neck there. Did you scan it and then download it? I think I will replace mine with a better/more recent one too.....

Fiona - Your daughter is a cutie too. Now let's get one of you. Way to go on keeping with plan yesterday, day by day it will get easier to do. You are a Chick, you can do this. on your RE exam.

Laureen- I know where the Woodlands is, that's a really nice area. My boss use to live there, I still have friends in Spring, Houston and Katy. I love Texas and miss it alot. Especially the Mexican food, ours here in Michigan leaves something to be desired

Sy - You are a better woman than me, if there's a tailgate party - I'm gonna engage in the But I guess you already know that I'm with you on the frosting - I can eat it alone to. Geez, I haven't had cake in ages...

Kristi - If you and Sammy go on a road trip - no telling where you'd end up. It could be trouble for both of you....But sounds like fun

Amy - Hey girl, how's it going for you? I never got into the Starbucks addiction. probably cuz we live out in the country and theres not one close to us. Thank goodness, one less addiction to deal with

Hugs.......
Old 10-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #43  
156/127.4/127.4

Morning Chicks!

Thanks to all of you for posting the nice comments this morning! Geez, sitting here in sweats you really know how to make a girl feel pretty!

Kristi-I totally agree, we could have a ball, lets call the airlines!! I would however, have to take pictures of us with our drinks to make the East side girls want to join us! It would be so fun to have a LAWL girls night out!!! Do you think the airlines would offer us a discount?

Star-I did scan it then downloaded it, it was a full size "normal" camera picture so it took me like an hour to get it to fit into the pixel size. I am definately not an expert with the computer!! That, is DH's department!! He was a little embarrassed that I sent him but I told him to suck it up, the chicks would love it!!! How was the Atkins Ice Cream? You are so lucky!

Fiona-Your daughter is a doll! I have always wanted a daughter but somebody else had other plans for me! I told my orthodontist the other day that I was dying for a little girl three times and I was done dying! He said his wife was dying for a little girl as they have two boys. DH went out of town the year I was pregnant with Noah my youngest and the lady at his hotel asked where he was from and all that making small talk and he said my wife is expecting our third child. She asked what sex the baby was and DH said it's a boy to add to our collection of two although my wife really wanted a girl, and the lady said the Lord only gives us what we need. So after that comment I realized I had all the need I really needed!!! Good luck on your RE exam! I hate tests! I have two on Tuesday so that is how I am spending my weekend! How are you doing on the PB??? It has been going good for me I am only going to make it through Sunday then back to normal on Monday!

Dawn-had any ice cream this morning?? I have always wanted to work in a candy store or at Krispy Kreme but I am afraid I would end up being a lifetime member of LAWL!!!

Laureen-How is the weather in Texas? My DH goes there on occasion for business! This summer he brought us back a little Yorkie! We call her our Texas Tornado!

Well all it has been fun chatting this morning but I need to go wi as today is house cleaning day. Hope everyone has a POP and a nice TGIF! Enjoy the weekend too! Boise State, which our undefeated, play Fresno State on Saturday so it should be a good game to veg out on the couch and watch! It's too cold to brave the bleachers! Plus we have two soccer games Saturday and a school carnival tonight. Another fun-filled boring weekend! DH is taking me Saturday to buy some new perfume! I think I have about earned my 20lb avitar and that was my reward!!!
Catch up to everyone later!
Sammy
Old 10-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #44  

Hey have you guys ever seen the "Krispy Kreme" Calendar? The "models" are more than fullsized........
I CAN NOT go to a KK, it is WAY too dangerous becuz I can't eat just one......they are to die for. I don't see how people actually work there and continue to fit thru the doorway to get in........??????????
Old 10-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #45  

Goodmoring chicks! It's Friday ! I'm really ready for the weekend even though we should be getting some rain...but we need it! Our land needs moisture so we can scrap the dirt and get our pad ready for our house!

Sammy- hot momma! You look great girl! Boise vs. Fresno, huh?! Fresno is my territory...your team may just get defeated! JK; I don't watch much of Fresno State's games, but they're the closest University to me. I went to San Jose State U.

Sy- frozen cake...we have some of our wedding cake in our freezer now. I'm not a huge cake fan, but at Cold Stone Ice Cream they have a flavor called "cake batter" sooooooo good! Is Cold Stone countrywide?? I know it's around California. We have a new shopping center that just opened and rumor has it that a CS is going in there. TROUBLE! I compared the fat content of ground turkey and it is the same as the ground sirloin I buy - 7%, so I just got the beef. I guess that ground turkey is not white, which it doesn't say but can't find any ground turkey or chicken that is white or breast meat.

Star - I'm in a smaller town too, and we just got a Starbucks a few years back. We don't have much "exciting" food places here in town (which is good), but our little town is growing (which is not good). Krisp Kreme is probably next! I remember being on WW that one regular KK donut was 5 points! Those things just melt in your mouth; esp when warm from the shop! Just was never worth it to me!

Had a great day yesterday; although missed my PM bar and a 2 fruits. I seem to be able to get in my veggies better than my fruits...never thought I would say that! I have been putting raspberries in my yogurt for breakfast, and then an apple or peach for a before or after dinner snack, but have lots of veggies for lunch and dinners. Does everyone stick to just 3 veggie portions/day? Do you think it's bad to go over...as long as their the allowed veggies?

Have a great day everyone!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote