Old 09-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #46  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Trina...No, I haven't received the abs tape yet. It was supposed to have been shipped 8/29. I don't know what's taking it so long.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #47  

Good morning, everyone! Wow, it feels like Saturday already for me - being that it's 8:30 and I'm still in my jammies! DD has preschool orientation this morning at 10:00 so I took a half day at work. And then at noon DD and DH are heading up north with DD's family for the weekend...normally I'd go too but I have a seminar on Saturday that I paid for before the trip dates were finalized. So I'll have the whole weekend to myself! (Did I mention that I'm taking Friday off work too, just to revel in it???) You know what this means, though...with nobody to feed but me, there's no excuse NOT to be POP all weekend, right?

My scale (dressed but pre-breakfast) this morning said 210.2, which is down 1.2 from my last weigh-in. I'll report back around noon with an update.

Star...don't know about you, but I'd like to live in your fantasy retirement village NOW!

Have a great morning everyone - I'm off to rustle up some breakfast and a shower!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #48  

Fiona - Good for you and your sleep-in this morning. I know you will really enjoy your "free time" this weekend. You deserve some time off for good behavior...Enjoy! Sounds like being on plan is working for you....

Kristi - You know when your sick it's okay to skip exercise.....especially if you work out on a regular basis. That statement is like an oxy-moran, becuz anyone that didn't workout on a schedule would never feel bad about skipping it when sick......lol
Another thing, too many people on here look up to you - like an weight loss idol...so you can't be down.....Sorry your swamped at work. Come on, we want the old Kristi back........(Come on girls, let's get a chant going....Kristi-Kristi-Kristi....)

Last edited by Starlynn; 09-09-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #49  

Kristi - I know you'll pull yourself up again...go home get some tlc from hubby and alot of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #50  

Star: Yes, it was me about stopping the weights. I have been going to the gym for a year, did 40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and 3 of those dates I did weights and worked up to 8-10 lbs of hand weights, and 25 lbs on the machines. I didn't lose any weight on my own and couldn't figure it out. Started WW in Jan, did lose 12 lbs in 3 months and was still on the same exercise routine. So, joined LA - I told them how much I exercised, and they just about told me to stop. I didn't. I cut my cardio down to 3 times a week and weaned off of all weights, and along with joining LA I started losing weight. I started weights a few times and each time I gained - so now I'm not doing any weights, just cardio. The person at my center told me that cardio and floor exercises of any kind are great, but lay off the weights. Hey, when you find that retirement location, please share it with us! I will have to assume that you have already assumed that they weather would be perfect as well? Maybe something like low 80's, low humidity and sunny most of the time - and when it rains - most of the time it only rains at night. Sounds like heaven, and/or Aruba - I'm not sure... LOL!

Fiona: A weekend to yourself, WOW!

Kristi: I'm chanting with Star and the others. Cheer up girl! You have done so great. Just think of it this way, you know how you feel being up in weight, you learned what caused it - you deserved the celebration - and now your back on track. What more can you ask for? The lesson learned here is, you may have to choose something different to indulge in next time so the same thing doesn't happen. A light beer is better than no beer, but a low carb beer would make me stop drinking it! If you had chips, choose pringles FF chips, with some dip - you won't be able to tell the difference. Just some hints (like you don't know this already - you can slap me now if you'd like, with a wet noodle please - I haven't had pasta in months...)

I have to go, I'll post more later. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #51  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi-I feel depressed like you do a lot. I hate the fact that I will never be able to eat the way I want and look like I want. My DH says work out more and you can eat the way you want but I don't think we women with sllooowww metabs can do that! I know you will be back strong but at least you made your mistakes now instead of on maintenance and had to start allllll over! Hang in there girl, you have it in you I know!!!! We are also making a trip to my in-laws this weekend and she is a fabulous cook complete with a full fledged desert menu which is ironic as she is supposedly on WW. I am just going to hold strong like you and I am telling myself no desert until I reach my half way mark on my son's b-day.

Sy-did I hear you mention pasta? Stop that we are allll drooling!!

Fiona-I am jealous a weekend no kids, no hubby sounds like bubbles and bubbly is in order and a good book!!

Karen-I know you will be in the 10 club with me tommorrow you are headed in the right direction. I was like you and only had like .4 to go but I could not give myself the 10 until the scale allowed it!! GOOD LUCK!

Liz-Welcome and can't wait to share you success with you!

I feel like Kristi, yes, we are all testimony that LA works! I feel lucky to not only have found this opportunity to get where I want but also this site and the support! I look forward everyday to see who posted and who has lost and what everyone is up to! True faceless friends!!! Anyone up for the mall? I am off to go find me a smoothie machine and batting for my sons Spidey blanket.
I will check back later!
June-How was your first day back? Was the stuff so impressed with the new you???
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #52  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi- I am a stay at home mom/part time college student working on getting my Associates in Criminal Justice only to venture on to get a Paralegal certificate. And well soccer and kids is my life!
Sammy
Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #53  

Well I went in today to get my plan and all...im on red..i kinda figured that but i lost .8 which is good...i guess, and she told me to eat more fatty meats on express so im going to do that. But as far as supplements go...does anyone take them...and do you think they work cause i was thinking about getting trimax plus and fb something...
*Liz
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #54  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Kristi...I am the Manager of a Mini-Storage. My house is right off of the office. I go through a door in the livingroom and I'm at work in the office. So, I'm actually home too. I don't have to stay in the office. I can just go in when the phone rings or someone comes in. It's very nice to have a job like this but very confining too. However, I do like it.
I hope you get feeling better and are all back to normal in the morning.
Sammy....I'm still hoping to join you in the club tomorrow. I'm doing the blue plan instead of the gold so hopefully that isn't slowing me down. I'm only getting under a 100 more calories a day. I'll be staying on this for the next 3 weeks anyway to see how I do. I love this plan.
Good luck to both of you for your weekend plans. I know it's hard when you can't control the food that's being served.
Liz....I don't know too much about the supplements. I bought the carb enders but I don't know if they work or not.
Trina....I'll talk to you in alittle bit.
Hi to everyone else.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #55  
156/127.4/127.4

Okay, I give up I went back through the threads and was looking to find the turkey loaf recipe somebody sent??? I know June has used it in a salad but I am not sure who initially posted?? Could someone help me out?

Thanks,
Sammy
Old 09-09-2004, 04:02 PM   #56  

Me again...what I do...let's see! I work full time as a receptionist for an insurance agency, plan to quit in the next 3-6 months if not sooner. I also am an active Mary Kay consultant, I just fit that in wherever I have time, mostly servicing my customer base, not so much with meeting new people right now. And starting next month I'll be taking courses to get my real estate license (to replace the deadly dull receptionist job). I'm attending a career information seminar tonight, in fact. I'm really looking forward to trying something new!

Liz, congratulations on your loss - you are on the right track! I didn't have a huge loss after doing the juice (2.4, I think, total?), probably cause I didn't eat enough - that stuff is filling! I don't take any of their supplements, but I've heard from other people that you can get the same products at any health food or vitamin store (like GNC or Vitamin World) for significantly less $$$. Personally I take a daily multivitamin (One-A-Day Women) and a calcium supplement and that's it.

Have a great afternoon, all!

Fiona
Old 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #57  

SAMMY - Here you go. It was on page 2 or 3 of LAWL #82. (I'll have to try these myself!)

June: You can have poultry loaf when your family is having meatloaf.

Here is what I do (hope this helps you or someone). It makes a nice change from chicken breasts all the time, and you can make it a head of time for easy lunches/dinners.

I have a baking pan, that is actually a pan that you can make several mini loaves of whatever (like you see little loaves of banana breads at bake sales), or you can substitute and use a muffin pan. First I spray the pan with Pam and set aside.

Get your scale out and cover with plastic (you'll be glad you did).
Get some plastic serving gloves (from the $1 store, they are very handy)

GROUND TURKEY

scallions (usually only use the bottom white part)
green peppers (or Polano Peppers, these are mildly hot peppers)
fresh garlic
black pepper
marjadrome (spelling)
fresh basil (or whatever other spices/herbs you like)

Place ground turkey in a large baking bowl. Chop scallions, peppers and garlic (I do mine all together in a mini chopper). Dump into bowl with ground turkey. Add herbs and spices. Put on the plastic gloves, this part is messy. Mix well with hands so everything is blended.

Now, grap clumps of mixture from the bowl and weigh out 6 ozs, place into muffin pan. (I'm on the Gold Plan so I figure 6 oz = 1 protein and 1 vegetable). Make bigger if your allowed more protein (like the Red Plan).

Keep measuring clumps of mixture until your out, or the pan is full (LOL).

I bake for about 30-40 minutes in a 325/350 degree oven. Let cool. You now have several mini 'meat' loaves ready for lunches, dinners or whenever you eat your protein.

They are good hot or cold, plain or with catsup or mustard or however you like your regular meat loaf. Sometimes I add spinach, sometimes mushrooms and have even added grated zucchini as not to get too bored with the same old thing. Sometimes it comes out better than others, but I keep trying different things with it. Oh yes, I have added fennel seeds to the mixture and it tastes like turkey sausage and you know it's on program because you made it yourself.

I count them as a protein and a veggie, think I said that.

Sometimes, I weigh them, and put them into the freezer in a plastic sandwich bag WITHOUT cooking so I have individual size packages all ready for things like turkey taco salad, turkey burgers. Sometime I bring the frozen bag with me to work for lunch, I just grap a bag from the freezer, I leave the bag on my desk as let it thaw - and it's ready to put into the microwave at lunchtime (it's always freezing in my office so I don't suggest this is you work outside or in a hot place). I cook it for about 40-50 seconds, then chop it up with a fork, return to microwave for about a minute and it's done.

Fiona
Old 09-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #58  

Default LA Weight Loss costs

Can someone give me an idea of the costs for LA Weight loss. I called and they were extremely salesy and pushy but wouldn't give me a direct answer. Does everyone like the program?

Thanks for any help!
hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #59  

Hood: The program is great, but not inexpensive. I think it's safe to say that all of us wouldn't be here if it didn't work and wasn't "doable." The base cost is $9 per week, payable up front. You have to pay for your "weight loss weeks" plus a year of maintenance visits. This may seem overboard at first, but it's proven that people who keep their weight off for a year generally become long-term maintainers, so to have that extra year of monitoring and encouragement for keeping the weight off is very helpful, *I* think. Anyway, if you don't want to sign up right away, watch your local paper for discounts off the weekly fee, it does happen every so often.

If the center you called is pushy and "salesy" - I'd encourage you to find another one, if that is a possibility for you. Some centers are definitely more sales-oriented than others. I'm not surprised that they wouldn't give you the rate over the phone, most places like that won't, because they want to get you in the door and hear the whole pitch. The consultation costs you nothing, so don't be afraid to check out the program and get a feel for the center and the people who work there. You can always walk away if you don't like what you hear, or the person it's coming from.

Good luck, let us know what you decide! (and welcome, by the way!)

Fiona
Old 09-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #60  

Wow, so many posts. I may have to reply to you all tomorrow.

Hood, just a tip. You can go to the LAWL website and get a discount coupon.

I'm getting kicked off the computer so I'll reply more tomorrow. Husband works from home and we do have to share. Have a good night. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote