3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL & Friends # 82 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/44989-lawl-friends-82-a.html)

june620 08-18-2004 05:54 PM

Hi everyone - I'm definitely pms'ing - been in a grumpy mood all day - hope this passes soon.

Kristi: Great job!!! That took real willpower!!!!
June

Karen 08-18-2004 07:53 PM

Hi Everyone,
After reading Sy's post earlier today ( the great advice ) I thought about it all day. I've decided to to go ahead and buy the extra weeks that I'm going to need to get to goal. This will take me to almost the end of November. Then wherever I'm at with my weight at that time, I'll start the stabilization and maintenance then. I have 19 more pounds to go before I reach my goal. I started this program in March and did nothing but play around with it until I got my butt chewed on July 29th. I've been doing great with it since then. So, I'm just going to try and lose as much weight as I can from now until then and just be done with it. I know I'll always have to be on some kind of plan for the rest of my life but I feel that I'll be able to do it now.
Sy.....Thanks for the great advice. I also wrote it down and I'll be carrying it with me. That is so true that the food will be there when we are done. I just never thought of it that way. So, I thank you for making me really think about this today.
Oh, I'm not buying anymore bars from LA though (even though I love them) I'm just going to try and find something cheaper at Walmart or somewhere.
Although I do still have alot of bars left for now.

SyracuseNY 08-18-2004 09:22 PM

Thanks for the thanks everyone, and believe me I have to keep telling myself that same thing. I have to believe it! And, I have a pep talk with myself (no, I'm not a physco ;) ), and it sure does make it easier to handle parties and BBQ's. I try to plan ahead, and sometimes I bring my own food. I don't make a big deal that I bring my own food, just put it on my plate with the others stuff (as I can usually find something else that fits into the plan), or I put it things in my purse (like veggies and/or fruit), it all depends on the situation and what is being served. I've been trying to lose this weight for over 4 years (to get back down to the WW goal), have tried a million things without success. This time, I'm convinced that I will get this weight off, so far I have done okay, but I'm kind of at a stand still - which is okay with me for now, that I why I'm trying to switch when I eat what, to see if that makes a little difference.

Fiona, in my previous post, I was talking about the Carb Carver menu, but while you bring up the Carb Enders (I think that it what they are called), I purchased them at the center for $20, but you can get the exact same thing at WalMart for under $10, I think they are called Phase II, my sister just purchased them. Whether they work or not, I'm not sure, but they don't hurt?! ;)

Kristi, regarding your questions on, who knows we are doing LAWL? I'm lucky because 2 of my sister's and I joined at the same time so I can talk freely about the plan with them, and this board sure does help as well. My immediate family knows, including DH. All are very supportive, and DH still can't believe that I have lost 33 lbs and still want to lose 15 more (but believe me, if you saw me - you'd agree with me, LOL). I don't and won't tell anyone at work, or anyone else for that matter. I don't like to be monitored and I really don't like people telling me that I look good - if that makes sense? I also don't like people monitoring what I eat. Once the cat is out of the bag, at least at work - I will be questioned and/or watched to death. I've done that before, and it sabatoges me or I sabatoge myself by thinking I deserve to eat whatever I shouldn't because someone said something nice to me. Maybe I an a wacko? :lol: I hope some understands what I mean by all of that.

june620 08-19-2004 08:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

SY: That really was wonderful advice, and it helped me last night. I'm PMsing and craving everything!!!! I wanted to cheat so badly, but I remembered what you said, and instead of grabbing something off plan from the refrigerator, I had an unsalted rice cake with some sugar free jam, as well as a sugar free jello (I hadn't yet had all my starch for the day, and I used up my two "free foods" for the frist time, but I still kept on plan - I was dying for some of the left over mashed potatoes from dinner, but I succeeded in not having them, and luckily they were gone when I got up this morning - I'm sure one of the kids had a "midnight snack.") You have really done wonderfully on the program and you are a true inspiration. Thank you!!!! (By the way I had another one of your turkey muffins last night - it was delicious.)

Karen: I'm so glad that SY inspired you to sign on through November. You have a great attitude in deciding to lose whatever you can by the end of that time. I'm sure you'll get to your goal!!!

Kristi: I was thinking more about your question as to whether or not anyone else knew we were on LAWL. I have lost a total of 16 pounds since school let out for the summer (approximately 4 on my own at the beginning of the summer trying to follow my old WW program, and the remainder on LAWL). I know that people are going to start asking questions once I go back to school because I am noticeably thinner - and I think that I am going to just say I'm trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle since I hadn't really been taking care of "me" for quite a while. Which brings me back to what SY was saying in her last post..........

SY: No I don't think you're wacko!! I know exactly what you are saying about not wanting to be monitored and/or questioned to death. I think it would sabotage me as well. My family knows that I am on plan, and they are good about it - they get a chuckle out of the "Power Band" and the "Easy Steps Tape" and are supportive even though they don't think that I need to lose weight. My doctor also knows I'm on the program, and is pleased with the overall health improvement she has seen. For me I think that's about as many people who "have a need to know."

Well my scale this morning is still saying the same old thing. So, no further loss since my Monday weigh-in. I had such a good week last week (3.8 pound loss) that my weekend loss of 1.6 pounds being my only loss so far this week feels a bit disappointing. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm PMSing and TOM is within a day or two now, and hopefully that's what the stall is - patience has never been one of my virtues!!!!

I'm so glad this board is so active. One of the things that I missed from WW was the group support in the meetings. When I was on that program 6 years ago, I spent the first month attending different group meetings until I found an inspirational group leader and supportive group. That combination helped me to meet my goal quickly and maintain it for five years. Unfortunately, when mom got sick I didn't keep up with it, and well, here I am now. This message board has been just the support I've needed - and it's wonderful knowing that when I'm having a weak moment I can always come here and read the posts.

Have a wondeful day everyone!!! I'm going to work at not being so hard on myself today!!!

Hugs,
June

SyracuseNY 08-19-2004 09:33 AM

Hi everyone.

June, I loved your 'have a need to know', and your right - everyone that has that need already knows (for me), and my younger sister and I say the same thing when asked. I sometimes say that it's a combination of counting calories and WW, sometimes I just tell them that I'm making more healthy choices.

I'm not sure who said it (it could have been Rusty or Fiona), but yesterday I read that someone thought that the LA Lites were so rich that she could only eat 1/2 at a time. My older sister is the same way. I wish that was my problem. I do eat mine slowly, but have never left one unfinished. LOL! You know, as I was gaining weight, I'm not a big sweet eatter but I really do enjoy having something like that each day.

June, I'm really glad that this board is so active and it's very helpful to me as well. I can't say enough good things. We have lost a few that were posting when I started. I think that Meltin is busy vacationing and spending time with her new baby son (and can't blame her for that), don't know whatever happened to TexNurse - she has not posted in a while. We had several ladies from Canada, and I think that Beachlover is the only one that still posts actively. Maybe the others are just readers, if you are out there - a Big Hello, How are you doing? to you all. I hope they are still working towards their goals. TexNurse was a traveling nurse, and was having a problem drinking all her water because she was always on the road - I can't blame her there as I can bearly make it home some evenings (as I have a 40-50 minute ride home).

I'm going to the center today to weigh-in, I sure hope I'm down. And, you know - TOM never come this month - all the symptoms but nothing yet. I checked my calendar and it should have came last week. I'm glad that I'm over the PMSing from a week or two ago, I was in bad shape. So, maybe this perimenopause is turning into the real thing? Time will tell.

Have a great day and I'll check back later.

vibrantecho 08-19-2004 09:40 AM

Good morning everyone! :)

Well I'm glad to report that last night (dad's Bday dinner) went very well for me. I probably had a leeeetle more pasta than was on plan, but my family would have looked at me VERY strangely had I only taken 1/2 a cup or whatever the plan amount is. But I went easy on the sauce, had only one piece of garlic bread, LOTS of salad and skipped dessert (ice cream cake - but took some home instead). And drank only water - mainly because all my mom keeps for alcohol is wine coolers and beer (ick and double ick). So for the first time EVER in my life, I drank all of my 64 ounces of water yesterday.

I found, surprisingly, that the hardest thing for me to fit in is the 3 servings of fruit! I didn't eat a lot of fruit before LAWL anyway, so that doesn't help, and right now all we've got for fruit in our house is canned pineapple, and that's already getting boring after just two days. LOL! ;) I really need to get my tush out from in front of the TV (DH and I have become addicted to the Olympics) and go grocery shopping already.

My first official on-plan weigh in today! My bathroom scale this morning said 211 (dressed but empty tummy) so I'm hoping that it's at least a LITTLE bit accurate and I'm down another pound or even two. :D I'll be sure and check in with my results!

BTW, it was me who asked about who knows you're doing LAWL and Kristi who asked about Carb Cravers/Enders...but whatever. We're all family here, right? ;)

Star 08-19-2004 10:01 AM

Hi Everyone,
I'm here, enjoying reading all the motivational posts - you guys are awesome! Sometimes I just don't have anything to offer, but I love reading and learning....
Thanks.....

Karen 08-19-2004 11:34 AM

Hello Ladies,
I went and weighed in this morning and they said I was up .5 They couldn't find a reason except that I'm a slow loser. My scales said I was down and those are really the ones that I go by because I weigh myself right when I get up.
But anyway, I found out the information on the stabilization and maintenance plans. At any time you stop the program you can get the plans because you paid for them. I thought that would be the answer but I had to ask. I decided to pay for 10 more weeks this morning, so now I'm all paid up until November 30th. I'm not buying any more bars though. I found the Luna bars online for 15.49 a box for 15 of them. They also sell them at Rite Aid, so I'll be trying a few different flavors before buying a box.
Kristi....How much did you find them for?
Fiona...It sounds like you did pretty good at the Birthday Dinner.
Sy....Boy it sure wasn't me about the bars. I could eat two at a time if they'd let me....lol
Ok, I have to go now but Hi to Everyone. Oh, and does everyone want to list there stats so we can see where everyone is on this weight loss journey.
Here's mine.....161/149/130 and I'm 5'2" and 44 years old.

vibrantecho 08-19-2004 11:41 AM

My stats are in my sig, but here they are anyway:

216.2/214/125....24 years old....5'2". Only been fighting the fat for about four years (after DD was born - strictly due to bad diet and no exercise) so I'm hoping that now that I've got my metabolism revved, my body will naturally "want" to go back to a healthier size. :)

Fiona

Karen 08-19-2004 01:36 PM

I didn't used to eat too much fruit either except for an occassional apple. Now I'm eating cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon. I also have some unsweetened apple sauce in the little cups that I use for a grab and go fruit. Also I just got some baby food (Gerber graduates) peaches for another portable fruit. They said that would be alright because it shouldn't have many perservitives in it.
I keep a small soft side cooler packed to take with me incase of emergencys. Here's what I have in it. (P) a pouch of tuna (S) LA snack BBQ twists (F) the applesauce and the peaches (V) gerber graduates diced green beans. And of course a bar. I also have some individual packets of fat free and light salad dressings, spoon, fork and knife.
You would think if I was this prepared with that, I would be a goal by now....LOL
We are going to a baseball game Sunday night, so this is my next challenge. You can't take food in with you so I thought I would sneak some in. I'll just put it in my purse and hopefully not get caught. I'm trying to stay away from the hot dogs and fries. Since the game doesn't start until 6 o'clock, I can eat dinner at home and then take a bar, LA snack and maybe the peaches to fight off the munchies that I know I'll have. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?
I'm starting my 4th week today of being on plan and I really want to try and make it through the game.

vibrantecho 08-19-2004 02:00 PM

Well, weigh in not as great as I hoped - down .2 - still better than nothing, especially after being sick and the spaghetti! I'm going to really stick to the straight and narrow today and tomorrow and hope my Saturday weigh in goes better (they said I didn't have to come back til next week but four days til my next weigh in seems like way too much temptation to cheat and hope I can make up for it the other days).

Got my Fast Tracker - that frozen meals guide is going to be a *lifesaver* for lunchtimes.

Fiona

Karen 08-19-2004 02:27 PM

Fiona...Congratulations on the loss. It all adds up. And the fast tracker is great. I'll be using that at the end of the month when we go to TN.

Kristi...I know what you mean about eating only so much chicken. I am so sick of it. I tried turkey breast last night and I could barely get that down either. I think I've had enough of poultry for awhile. Today for lunch, I had egg salad on a piece of toast. That was soooooooo good for a change. Oh and I love the lean cuisines too. Besides the pizza of course, I also like the meatloaf one. Probably because I get a beef and don't have to count it as a beef. I also like the enchilatas one. I don't eat too many of the unlimited ones. I hit some grissle in two of those so now I can't eat them anymore but I do eat the lean cuisines quite a few times a week (if it's allowed) I think mine are mostly the 3 x's and the 1x a week ones.

Karen 08-19-2004 02:30 PM

I was just thinking. I might have to have a pizza lean cuisine for dinner before the game. That way I'll really think I'm cheating.... ;)

vibrantecho 08-19-2004 02:38 PM

Mmmmm, pizza. I about died the day I went in to sign up with LAWL and saw that the Pizza Hut next door was bringing back Twisted Crust - my all time favorite. That was a Friday and they didn't want me to start with the juice until Sunday, so guess what I had for dinner that night?!? :sssh: :jeno: :jeno: :jeno: :lol:

I've been eating the Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choices for a few weeks anyway, simply because they are so easy. My experience has been that HC has larger portions but LC has higher quality meats.

And Karen, if the gate guy at the baseball game tries to take your bar away, punch him. :lol:

Fiona

Karen 08-19-2004 02:51 PM

Oh you poor things. I would die if there was a pizza hut or any food place next to my center. I'd be weighing in and then going next door to eat. Thank goodness ours has medical and dental suites in the complex. :dizzy: I wouldn't be that strong.... :^: