Old 07-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #1  

Cool Newbie to LAWL!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

I'm new to this community, but wanted to say HI! My name is Ang and I'm a 25 year old chicky living in Ottawa, ON. I began LAWL about 2 months ago, but have a really awful history of binging and haven't managed to break the cycle yet. That said, I'm down 3 pounds in two months... hence why I'm here! I'm looking to be a motivator and be motivated by others that are doing LAWL. Right now, my two biggest challenges are 1) staying away from my big, fat binge-fests and 2) staying motivated (which includes journaling and staying on-track). I'm a bridesmaid in a friends wedding at the end of the summer and ordered a dress size smaller than they suggested thinking I was seriously going to kick butt on this program, but as you can see, three pounds isn't really earth shattering weight loss, haha! Also, I have my own wedding coming up in November 2005 (being held in Jamaica) that I'd like to look fabulous for! At this weight I can't imagine wearing a bathingsuit infront of our guests... or participating in anything my fiancé is interested in (scuba diving, swimming with the dolphins) because again, I just feel nasty the way I look now. My starting weight was 215, my current weight is 212 and my goal weight is 145. Huzzah!

I have been using the LA Lites, but find that the bars make me into a crazy maniac and they induce binges. Last week my counsellor suggested that I stick with the liquid LA Lites instead, so now I have two shakes a day, which seems to be going quite well! Also, I'm allergic to citrus so when I do a Take Off, I use 1/8 of a cantaloupe instead of the Take Off drink (which I hear is expensive anyway). So there's a little trick for you all... instead of buying that drink just buy a cantaloupe and it lasts for the whole two days!

It's great meeting you all and I hope that we can keep in touch and inspire one another throughout our weightloss journies!!!!

Ang
AKA - pOndjUmpEr
pOndjUmpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #2  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hey PondJumper! Welcome! I too just joined LAWL. If you ever need to talk, or just need support, send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to chat!

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #3  

Dear pondjumper, I know how you feel. I just had my wedding, well it will be a year in September but I didn't loose my weight and really regretted it. I wish that I would have stuck to my plan. I am now about 213 and feel real sick. I have reflux so bad that sometimes I wake up from it coming up and I just want to die. I know I have to loose this weight but for some reason haven't been able to wake up and look in the mirror and say enough is enough. I know it's hard but it's something that I have to do for myself, not for my husband. He could care less how I look. I want to do it for the child that I may someday have. YOU have to be the one to tell yourself that it's time and just make the commitment. No one else can do it for you. I hope that I don't sound to harsh but there's only one person that will take care of you and that is you. We can make better eating choices but when we get to the restaurant and we see something on that menu that strikes our fancy we take it. It doesn't matter if it's fried chicken or a salad. We have that choice to eat what we want but we also have to pay for it in the long run. I hope this helps some.

Karen
kmabry1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:14 AM   #4  

Hi everyone. We have a thread started called LAWL Friends 80 going right now if you'd like to join. I know that Kari was visited - Hi Kari. Pondjumper - wondered what happened to you - haven't seen any posts lately. Just to let you know, when the tread gets to long - we up the number at the end, at some point we will be at 81 next.

Karen, what you say is so true. I finally got that into my head after trying to lose some weight for many years on my own. You know another thing that I'd like to add. Some people are afraid of change - thinking that if they lose the weight - they will either stray from their marriage, current friends, or family and/or won't be able to handle all the positive attention that comes with losing weight. It's 99% a mind game. You can do it! But like Karen said - you have to do it for yourself! ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:23 AM   #5  
angel_face

hello,
My name is Tina I just started lawl and love it started on the 20th and down 8 pounds I"m looking for a e-mail buddy who is on the plan to chat with and keep each other motivated I weigh tomorrow and feeling really good about it will check in tomorrow and tell everyone the out come anyone who wants to chat with me you can chat with me on the yahoo messager my user name is kopsi_angel I have a lot of long night I have chronic back pain and would love to have others to help me through the nite hope to hear from all of you and good luck
Tina
angel_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:51 PM   #6  

Hi Tina,
I got your PM to me....I just haven't figured out how to reply yet.
We can be buddies if you want....I've been on LA since May and I've lost 26.6 pounds. I like the program and pretty happy with the results. I'm a single 34 year old mom of 1 13 year old boy. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 222 pounds. I work full time and mostly access this site from work (I rarely have time at home).
I'll look at the Private Message function more closely so that I can message u back.
Welcome!!!

Jenni
I'mgonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote