3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LA Weightloss #71 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/29081-la-weightloss-71-a.html)

Kimbova 07-10-2003 01:41 PM

Good afternoon,

I've been trying to write all morning but I'm moving to a new office and of course this big university doesn't have moving service so I'm moving myself, this place is more than I care to talk about! I really get fustrated with this place.

Anyway, Tab, 10 days! Long training session, enjoy if you can. We will miss you while you're gone but Diane & I will try to hold down the board! I've never tried yoga or piliates, I don't even know what type of exercise piliates is, please clue me in and excuse my ignorance.

I agree with Diane, watermelon, it should have you in the bathroom most of the time, it runs through you like water, so if that's your specialty then go for it, it's better than a lot of other things we could eat.

One more session with the PT, next Thursday. I'm glad it's coming to an end, I feel like I need to start putting what I've been taught into practice. The PT told me today that he was going to try and talk me into staying with him for a while or at least until the other PT get's back. I said Oh really! It would be nice (with another PT) but I can't afford it right now and I feel like I've learned alot so now let me put it into practice. I can brush up or take more lessons later on down the road to see how I've improved or what I need to do to continue my efforts. I do understand it's about the money for most but I need to know it's more than just that.

Anyway, I'm gone for the day and I'll check back in the morning. Tab, enjoy and Diane, I'll meet you here tomorrow, same place, same time:).

dianem1 07-10-2003 07:55 PM

Kimbo:
I may be a little late, but I will be here sometime in the day.
You still go to the gym though right?
I like doing yoga but I never got into the pilates either.
I have really enjoyed chating with you all these months, I have really enjoyed it.
Tab just in case you read this you also.
Diane

dianem1 07-11-2003 01:18 PM

Hi Kimbo:
How is your Friday going? I am a little discouraged with my eating right now. I have been follow LAWL pretty well for these past two weeks and I am not showing any lose. I am not trying to be perfect that just sets me up to binge but I think I have been doing well enough to show some results. I've done the red plan, the blue and the gold just trying to jump start myself and my exercise has been great I don't do has much as you and Tab but I put in 45 min to an hour a day 5-6 days a week.
I am just feeling frustrated and I was feeling good be back on track. Should I mention the 16th is my birthday, I wanted to feel bettter about this diet stuff.
Diane

Kimbova 07-11-2003 01:26 PM

Hey Diane,

That's OK, I don't care what time you get here as long as you continue! It's been a pleasure for me with both of you & Tab, and even the one's who stopped by but did not continue.
The board helps me to stay focus, I look forward to reading everyone's post.

How are you on this wonderful Friday? I will be so glad when the day ends. I've been moving for the last day in a half and I had to go home and take some pain pills yesterday. I felt so old, I became stiff from moving, walking, and carrying so many boxes and other things. Inspite of, I had a great workout this morning, 60 minutes of cardio was about all I could do after working with the PT yesterday. Not that he did so much but I did 40 minutes prior to working out with him and so that really makes his workout feel better than the other times.

I will difinately continue at the gym after my last session this week. I will probably go back to 5AM instead of the later times. I get a better workout earlier than later. I've just got to get in the bed earlier in order to make it through the day.

Anyway, I'm going to go for now, my computer has been acting up all morning that's why I had'nt posted so I don't want to lose what I've written so I will go for now. Have a great weekend Diane and I'll write on Monday!:)

Kimbova 07-11-2003 01:33 PM

OK Diane, we were writing at the same time.:)

Try not to let it get you down, I have not seen a lost in pounds in almost 3 weeks and it's had me a little discouraged but I've tried to keep it to myself and continue to do right on the plan. But I have lost inches, do you take your measurements? This might be the key and if your body is use to what you're doing then you're going to have to up your intensity level on your workout or lower your food intake.

I got on the scale this morning and not a pound was gone. I got a little discouraged but then I pulled myself together and said this is life long way of eating so you might as well get use to it. Anyway, I'm reading Body for Life and the concept is really great and they give you this 12 week challenge so I'm really thinking about changing cause I feel like I need a jump start. Anyway, stay encourage and know that what we're doing is not just for today but for a life time.

Hey, my hubbies birthday is on the 16th! Must of been a good day!

Chat with you later, Kim!

dianem1 07-11-2003 02:48 PM

Kimbo:
Let me know how the book is. If it is restrictive or not, because I have been looking for a change and not sure which way to go.
I need a jump start also, I was thinking of checking out the book store this weekend.
Diane

Kimbova 07-11-2003 03:50 PM

Diane,

So far the book is great and they have a lot of great information. I'll share some the information with you next week. Hopefully, I'll be almost through with the book. One thing I do like about the book is a strick eating plan 6 days a week and 1 day of eating whatever you want and I mean whatever (cookies, cake, ice cream, pizza, chinese food, chocolate).

Also, check out the website: bodyforlife.com

It's a 12 week program and the website has a lot of details on it. I'll give you some other information next week.

Have a great weekend!

Jibbelle 07-11-2003 04:57 PM

Good evening all! I am glad to see a few familiar people are still here!!

SO...I went to my doctor yesterday for cluster headaches and he said I needed to lose weight....well duh!

SO...he put me on a medically supervised low calorie plan with lots of supplements and only one meal a day. I am starting tomorrow.

Even though I am not doing LA I still need support so I thought I would drop in!

How is everyone else?

dianem1 07-11-2003 07:32 PM

Marcie:
This is just to weird, I was looking at my PM messages and looking at the last time I have heard from you and hear you are.
I still struggle with LAWL, I think I need to make some kind of change just not sure what.
So how do you feel about the plan the doctor gave you?
We support each other no matter what plan we are doing, I think we like it because we are small and get to keep track of each other.
Diane
p.s. Glad you are back

Jibbelle 07-11-2003 09:14 PM

Diane-

I gained back 30 of the 50 lbs I lost on LA over the last year or so. *sigh* It is my own fault, I got lazy.

I think I can do it this time....I am motivated!! I have a wedding dress that I ordered 3 sizes too small!!!! If that isnt enough motivation, nothing is!

I am starting my new plan tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes. I eat one meal a day consisting of a lean meat and 1-2 cups of veggies. Other than that, I have 4 or 5 supplements (shakes, bars, soups, oatmeal) a day. The plan is actually supposed to be all supplements (6 per day), but my doctor prefers to add in one meal. I can do all supplements on days when I am too busy or just do not want to cook. All in all, the caloric intake is only about 800-1000 calories per day. He said typically a person loses 3-5 lbs a week, so we will see how it goes for me!! Because the caloric intake is so low, and the weight loss so fast, I have to be monitored closely and go to the dr. office once a week! It is also going to be a difficult transition back into all real food in the end, but I am sure I can do it. I think once I get the weight off, I will do anything necessary to keep it off!

I also joined Curves and have been working out for a month or so, but my Dr. asked me to stop for a couple weeks starting tomorrow. He wants my body to get accustomed to the new food and then build up to working out no more than 45 min 3 days a week for now. I really love curves, so I am going to miss it over the next couple weeks!

SO...tomorrow is day one! I just had my "last supper" and a blizzard from Dairy Queen. hehehehehe

Good to be back!!!

dianem1 07-12-2003 08:47 AM

Hi Marcie:
Good luck! I don't know if I could do it. It sounds almost like a hospital plan I was once on.
Don't you just love those blizzards. I hope you anjoyed it.
Diane

Jibbelle 07-12-2003 08:50 AM

The blizzard was OH SO YUMMY! Unfortunately, I couldnt finish it and it is in the freezer!! I am sure my fiance will polish it off after lunch. He is such a pig!! A 6'4". 160 lb piggy! LOL He eats all the time and never gains a lb. SO not fair!

dianem1 07-12-2003 09:25 PM

Hi Marcie:
So how did your day go? Did you survive?
My husband also can eat anything eat wants I can't stand it, he has a bowl a ice cream every night.
diane

Jibbelle 07-12-2003 11:56 PM

Day one went pretty well. I got hungry this afternoon and ate an extra cup of soup....about 90 calories....that is what the doctor suggested. He said after the first 3 days, I should be accustomed to the plan and have little/no hunger. We will see!

I had a lemon crunch bar today....it tasted just like lemon bars my grandma made...kind of gooey! It was yummy. I had oatmeal that was so so ok. The shakes taste just like the LAWL ones.

How are things with you? Resisting temptation this weekend?

chubbyskychick 07-13-2003 04:09 AM

Hi girls..

Hi ladies.

Thank you for the nice condolences. It is hard but I have comfort she is with the Lord. I'll spend eternity getting to know her and many others! :)

LAWL is going well at 2lbs a week. 10lbs in 5 weeks.

I'm hanging on...:)

I've had a few bad days when I start letting the stress get to me. But other than that, I just need to stay focused.

I'm so glad that everyone is doing great.

I just wanted to say hi and I'm on vacation this week and next. We'll be in NJ and then I'll post on the 27th.

Love reading your successes. You are all Angels to me! :)

Bye for now.
God Bless.

skychick.