Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Lets see how much we can lose by Memorial Day!!!

I started the old Blue plan today...the one with the restricteds...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I want to lose 25lbs my memorial day! (hope to lose it WAY sooner but that is my goal!)

Here's to being 135lbs!

Whos in?

• I'm in. Maybe this will keep a fire lit up under me!
  • COME ON GUYS...WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE!!!

We need to stick together to make this happen!
  • Count me in! I'm totally new to LAWL though so please be patient with my numerous newbie questions . When are you all starting? I have a dinner on Saturday at red lobster. What do I do?
  • Dee, did your kit from Costco have a restaurant guide in it somewhere? The colored plans did back in the olden days.

(running back in with Purple book)

It looks like the Purple plan, which has fish as an 8 oz serving, considers any Red Lobster broiled fish to be a protein serving. Ditto for a broiled lobster tail. A shirimp cocktail with 6 shrimp is a half a protein serving, and a garden salad is two vegetable servings. I would think you could ask for some sort of light dressing---it has been a while since I've been to Red Lobster, so I can't remember if they have some light offerings.

This is a 2005 plan, so Red Lobster might have some more exciting choices. You might see if they have an online menu with calorie and fat counts that you consider to be sensible.
  • Yes it does!! This is going to work! I'm just trying to plan my take off meals for tomorrow. It's been very cold here and had some family upheaval that has thrown me for a loop. I'm caught off guard and not prepared for my diet. I'm scrambling to get the appropriate things together for tomorrow.
  • My challenge for memorial day is to have definitely reached goal and have maintained. Sw 128
    Gw 125 or maybe a few lbs more?
  • I can't call you Chubbiegurl--look at those stats!

Dee, I will be interested in hearing how in-depth the plan is that came with the Costco kit. I am wondering if it lists all foods and portion sizes, like the plans from the centers used to. If so, it might be worth the extra 50 bucks to have the latest, greatest plan.
  • Quote: I can't call you Chubbiegurl--look at those stats!

Dee, I will be interested in hearing how in-depth the plan is that came with the Costco kit. I am wondering if it lists all foods and portion sizes, like the plans from the centers used to. If so, it might be worth the extra 50 bucks to have the latest, greatest plan.
    I dont think the latest plan is the greatest plan by far! There are too many starches...I like the old colored plans better. I think they work much better.

The new plan is 4oz of protein 3X's a day, 2 starches (one starch is approx 100 calories or 2 pieces of bread), 8oz dairy, 2 veggies and 2 fruits...2 LA Lites of course.

It is more liveable because you can eat an actual sandwich but it is not as much protein at one sitting. The colored plans were approx 6 oz protein at lunch and dinner.

I always did the Gold plan...so that is what I am comparing it to.

Plan 2 is like the gold plan, plan 1 is like the green plan.
  • I do agree that especially when you're over 40, you can't lose as easily if you eat too much starch. I think that's why WW worked so well until I turned 40. After that, if I wanted to lose, it had to be more protein and less starch.

Weight loss after 50 seems to be more in fits and starts, rather than a steady descent. That's why I'm going to weigh every week or two, instead of more often. Silly things like being "regular" make such a difference to what the scale says.
  • I am on plan 2. It does list all the food and portions etc. it explains the take off plan and the rapid results plan. It doesn't have any info on maintenance though. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that. (LOL. Don't get me wrong....I'm a long ways away from that.....but curious why its not outlined)
  • @Barri; the plan I got with my costco order has 2 slices of bread as a starch but it says "light" bread and says 40-50 cals a slice.
  • ladies, here is my plan: 3 protein (4 oz) 2 veg 2 fruit 2 starch 1 dairy 1 fat 3 extras and the 2 bars So it looks like the gold plan, I think?
  • Dee, the bootleg colored plans that you can get on ebay have the maintenance program in them. I never got that far---I was about five pounds away when the centers closed down.

I actually just found a copy of the new program on ebay, so I bought it and will compare the two.
  • Ok cool. What about the stabilization plan? Is that included? I'm a little concerned about that.