3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/274062-weight-loss-challenge.html)

TracyC 01-26-2013 01:56 PM

No worries, Dee. I am grateful for the information and support. If this turns out to be a three person support group, I am perfectly all right with that. I do hope we can expand, but these boards have been dying out at the same rate as the LAWL centers.

I was hoping the Costco special might have brought more curious people to look at the LAWL board! The more the merrier.

Dee2 01-26-2013 02:10 PM

I hope that costco has more specials on it in the future

MichaelaJane 01-26-2013 02:16 PM

Alright, I'm in too. My goal is to get back to 130. I'm at 160 now. 30 pounds by May 27 WOO HOOOO!!

Oh, and how do you get one of those neat-o tickers?

TracyC 01-26-2013 02:38 PM

Welcome, MichaelaJane! Are you using one of the old colored plans, or the newer, numbered plans?

I thought the old colored plans were great, but I saw some interesting changes on the numbered plans that made me want to give it a try. I like the three smaller protein portions, instead of two big ones. I do like the little bit of extra starch, I cannot lie.

Is anyone going to buy another Costco package while they're on sale, or make do with other protein bars and juice? I can highly recommend the caramel and carmel deluxe bars from Grab1. The company actually started to try to duplicate some flavors of LAWL bars. They added a berry bar that I also tried, but I personally thought it was gross. The other two were great.

I might order one more Costco package because it is a really good deal on the juice and the bars.

barri1970 01-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyC (Post 4608223)
Welcome, MichaelaJane! Are you using one of the old colored plans, or the newer, numbered plans?

I thought the old colored plans were great, but I saw some interesting changes on the numbered plans that made me want to give it a try. I like the three smaller protein portions, instead of two big ones. I do like the little bit of extra starch, I cannot lie.

Is anyone going to buy another Costco package while they're on sale, or make do with other protein bars and juice? I can highly recommend the caramel and carmel deluxe bars from Grab1. The company actually started to try to duplicate some flavors of LAWL bars. They added a berry bar that I also tried, but I personally thought it was gross. The other two were great.

I might order one more Costco package because it is a really good deal on the juice and the bars.

I am going to try 2 lower carb protein shakes instead of protein bars and see how that goes...

TracyC 01-26-2013 03:13 PM

I am on the first day of the numbered plan on the Rapid Results plan. I was a little skeptical about the meal combos, but so far, they have been great. I'm full without being stuffed.

Dee2 01-27-2013 02:54 PM

I lost another .4 from yesterday. Wow. I'm a slow loser typically. Got to say I'm happy. I might have a bit of an issue tomorrow when the red lobster meal shows up. I find it takes 2 days or so for my weight to register what I eat or don't eat on any given day. Except for water retention/loss, of course. But I managed to eat lobster with just a bit of butter, 1/2 a baked potato. One small bite of those buns they hand out. And 1/2 a light beer. I'm pretty happy with my self-control :)

Dee2 01-27-2013 03:04 PM

@ Tracy, the costco deal seems to be over in Canada. Too bad. But I did order the 2 mth pkg so I'm good for a while but my hubby and daughter might join me. If they do, I might just continue using Luna bars and the sun rype fruit/ veggie combo juice they have in store at my local costco. I didn't get to check the nutritional info on the juice but I will next time. I am trying not to alter or sub too much in the beginning though if I am having success. If I am too skeptical to try the alternatives I mentioned....I'll just order the 149 monthly support pkg off the costco website. I don't want to mess with my success :). Thanks guys for joining in. It is so much easier knowing others are doing this on their own with me!!

Dee2 01-27-2013 03:08 PM

Oh and welcome Michaela! I love that name btw! I had it ready to go if my last child was a girl. ;). Glad to have some more diet buddies!!! Did you order the LA weight loss pkg from Costco online too? Or are you using alternatives? Please jump in and join the chat. Oh and you have to have a minimum # of posts to get a ticker but I'm not sure how many?

TracyC 01-27-2013 03:33 PM

Hi Dee, good for you on the weight loss, and the sensible meal you ate at Red Lobster.

I haven't weighed since the first week, since I was having the ups and downs after the Fast Forward two days with the juice. It always takes me a while to adjust to eating less starch, so I have to take fiber tablets to keep my system, er, moving. I will weigh the day before my next Take Off weekend, and then again after.

I find that if I focus on eating right and feeling great, I stick with something. If I am running to the scale every day and I'm up a few ounces, I get bummed and question my commitment.

I do like the Rapid Results menu and the meal combinations. So far, so good.

I will close with a way to get in your water and enjoy it! Try Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape (5 cal per cup) 1/2 and 1/2 with club soda over crushed ice. For some reason the Cran Grape tastes like real juice, whereas the other flavors taste more "diet." I find it has almost the taste of a mixed drink.

lukettner 02-17-2013 04:10 PM

Count me in!!

I am new to this website and starting on LAWL tomorrow. I have done this plan 6 years ago. I had 2 children and I am ready to loose this baby weight.

I also work at a pool, so a goal of getting to my goal weight by Memorial Day is perfect.

Right now I am very motivated and excited to do this.
I know from past experience, this will wear off. So I am super glad to find a site that can help support each other!

TracyC 02-17-2013 11:31 PM

Hey, the more the merrier. I am going to try to get back on track at the gym. I have been pretty lazy since recoverng from a stomach flu.

janggeungulk 10-30-2013 03:54 AM

weight loss

My plans are eating the right foods grapefruit, lowfat /nonfat food,no sugar,no junk food,no fast food.

Mama Nicole 10-31-2013 08:03 AM

ok....209.4 is my today's WI.

juliemarie 10-31-2013 12:07 PM

Wrong thread Nicole-go to the Turkey Day one .. .:)