3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/274062-weight-loss-challenge.html)

TracyC 01-24-2013 11:53 PM

Yeah, they have all of that stuff. It basically involves adding a serving of this or that a week until you are maintaining but not losing anymore or gaining. Then I think maintenance is just staying at that point.

I don't think it will be a problem for me. I could probably add a lettuce leaf and gain weight! O.K., I know it's not that bad to be in your 50s, but weight loss is not as easy as you get older.

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4605982)
@Barri; the plan I got with my costco order has 2 slices of bread as a starch but it says "light" bread and says 40-50 cals a slice.

That is the new numbered plans. The old colored plans only 1 slice of bread is a starch

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4605996)
ladies, here is my plan: 3 protein (4 oz) 2 veg 2 fruit 2 starch 1 dairy 1 fat 3 extras and the 2 bars So it looks like the gold plan, I think?

Its comperable to the gold plan in calories...the food is broken up differently for the gold plan.

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:40 AM

So lets take a census...who likes the new numbered plans better and who likes the old colored plans better?

TracyC 01-25-2013 09:41 AM

Hi Barri, we're all checking in early today!

I have never seen the new numbered plans, but will check them out when I get mine in the mail. I think I might like the small amount of extra starch, and it seems to be that you get three smaller portions of protein a day, instead of two larger ones, if I've followed what I've seen correctly. If I can lose weight and feel more satisfied, it might be good for me. If not, I'll stay on the purple plan.

barri1970 01-25-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyC (Post 4606426)
Hi Barri, we're all checking in early today!

I have never seen the new numbered plans, but will check them out when I get mine in the mail. I think I might like the small amount of extra starch, and it seems to be that you get three smaller portions of protein a day, instead of two larger ones, if I've followed what I've seen correctly. If I can lose weight and feel more satisfied, it might be good for me. If not, I'll stay on the purple plan.

I am kind of torn on what plan to use. I lost all my weight 7 years ago on the blue/gold/green plans. I have the new colored plans but I am not sure about the starch thing too...is it too much starch??? Yes you can have a whole sandwich on the numbered plans but that goes against EVERYTHING I learned on the colored plans...LOL...I feel like throwing my hands up and saying...WELL WHICH IS IT???...LOL

TracyC 01-25-2013 10:56 AM

I am willing to have slower weight loss if it means I'm satisfied and won't be tempted to cheat. I think I'll try out the new plan when I receive it, and change back to the colored plan if I'm not losing anything.

My biggest problem right now is getting in all of my water. With the chilly weather, that is hard to do.

Dee2 01-26-2013 12:34 AM

I've noticed some discrepancies even among the materials I've rec'd in the same pkg. for instance; in the kick off pamphlet that was enclosed it does not mention using lites at all for the 2 days and it says unlimited protein. In the diary, it says 2 lites and a spot to record what time they were eaten. And it specifies 6oz protein for the day. I went with the pamphlet. No lites and unlimited protein. Think I lost a few lbs. day 1 tomorrow!! (Or is this day 3??) hope you all are doing well.

barri1970 01-26-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4607593)
I've noticed some discrepancies even among the materials I've rec'd in the same pkg. for instance; in the kick off pamphlet that was enclosed it does not mention using lites at all for the 2 days and it says unlimited protein. In the diary, it says 2 lites and a spot to record what time they were eaten. And it specifies 6oz protein for the day. I went with the pamphlet. No lites and unlimited protein. Think I lost a few lbs. day 1 tomorrow!! (Or is this day 3??) hope you all are doing well.

The first 2 days when you drink the juice it is NO LITES and unlimited protein. Then starting on day 3 you follow the diary with serving sizes and LITES.

Dee2 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

I didn't do the lites. The booklet looked more recent so I followed that. I'm happy to report I lost 4.6 lbs. I know it's water but after struggling to just maintain on WW I'm happy to see that number at least heading in the right direction! I'm off and running today (figuratively speaking LOL) my start weight for LAWL was 188.6 down to 184 Thanks for the support ladies!

Dee2 01-26-2013 09:22 AM

Ladies, in the diary, it has the Take Off included in the plan. There is a spot for it every 2 weeks. Do you take the lites and 6 oz protein when you are doing it every 2 weeks?

TracyC 01-26-2013 11:56 AM

Technically, you should. However, back when I went to the centers from 2005-2007, I was told to use the Fast Forward, now known as Kick Off, because I needed more protein to be able to work out and not be tired. I was a real gym rat back in those days. So if I needed a boost or was participating in one of their numerous contests, I would do Fast Forward instead of the Take Off plan. I think if you were going to settle in for a quiet weekend, the regular Take-Off with lites would be fine.

Good for you for finishing up the Kick Off!

By the way, Dee, since you have the latest program info, could you confirm that if I weigh 211 pounds, I should be on plan 3? I ordered the food guide and program from a seller, but the woman forgot to put in the program book and I just got the food guide. The program book will be here early next week. I thought I read on the boards once that I should be on plan 3, but I wanted to confirm that.

I do like the three smaller portions of protein. They are big enough to satisfy, but not enough to make you feel stuffed like a half pound of chicken used to make me feel.

Dee2 01-26-2013 12:08 PM

@ Barri. Yes that is correct. Plan 3

TracyC 01-26-2013 12:32 PM

Thanks, Dee.

Dee2 01-26-2013 01:41 PM

Sorry Tracy! Not sure how I mixed you two up. Old age, I guess LOL.