Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Well in honour of Wednesday Weigh In Day...
I am 167. Roughly what I expected. My body fat % is up quite a bit from the last time I was on the scale which makes me kind of sad. But all things change with time and effort.
Feel like I am eating the way I would like to eat for the rest of my life. Following LAWL is healthy, balanced and conscientious. I will be interested to see what the scale reflects next week...
Hope everyone else is doing well??
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 189.6/164.9/145

Height: 5'5"

@Capricious: At least now you know the burden of the beast!
You're absolutely right about LAWL being healthy and balanced. I totally agree. If one follows it, one will see results on the scale and see results on your body. Your inside and outside will thank you! lol

So... having said that, I have not been following LAWL properly for about one week... I think. I've been extremely busy and I just am so tired to worry about getting all the goodies in. Yet, at the same time, I am sort of conscience of what I am putting in my body... make sense?

Anyways.... my weight is the same as last week... 141.5 (at least my weight on last Wednesday!)... but I'm happy! I actually went up in weight and ate whatever I wanted on the weekend.
I actually weighed in at 143.5 yesterday... yikes. So I kicked it up a notch and made sure I drank some water and I also spent my morning cutting the grass and my evening picking weeds from my front flower bed.
I ended up losing 2lbs overnight! I'll take it.

Today.... I've been so busy doing errands and cooking. DH comes back tomorrow after 12 days away. I wanted the yard to look good for him.... I want the house to look clean (like it has not been neglected).
All's good except for the house! I figure that I have all morning and a little bit of the afternoon to get things into shape! lol... but it's not my fault... there has been too much gardening (trying to do it between rainfalls and the grass grows like one foot in between... and it takes me all day), too much parties, too many sports/school/other activities events. Everything is wrapping up for the year and it all happens at the same time.

I'm rambling... sorry... I feel like I have to tell someone thanks for listening.
Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #198  

Yummmm..... the aroma permeating throughout the house smells heavenly. I'm making my favourite dish for dinner. It's a curried beef stew with potatoes and I am going to serve it over rice with a hot/tangy accompaniment of a tomato-onion salad.
I'm making it for DH who comes home today... I know he'll really appreciate it as he's been eating mostly fish. It's really expensive to eat chicken and beef where he was and fish was the main staple... besides it is a coast country.. what do you expect?

It's cool outside and Im glad that most of my outdoor chores are done.
After breakfast, I'm going to start sweeping and vaccumming my house... of course that's only after I put all the clutter away. Then I have to clean the bathrooms... mop the floor.... agh where does it end????

Today I weighed in at 141.0 -- a drop of 0.5 lbs from yesterday.
Sorry if I'm weighing in again but I have to 'record' my weight everyday to be accountable. If it bothers others, I'll start to write it in a journal on my desk and not post it... just let me know your feelings...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #199  

@Shy- I love that you post your weight every day! It's encouraging... and responsible
Your curried beef dish sounds wonderful!
I am trying to keep my proteins to fish & vegetarian options as much as possible. So I tend toward greek yogurt or eggs for breakfast and almonds for lunch and fish for dinner.
Tried a new recipe from my LA seafood cookbook last night. It was Ginger Poached Cod (I subbed halibut as this is what I had on hand)- it was very yummy! Glad the recipe was only a single serving though as I know my children wouldn't have delighted in the spiciness of the ginger the way I did.
I'm down .2 today. 166.8. I'll take it! Even small steps are still movement in the right direction.
And I made gluten free bread and cookies yesterday and had to taste test each of course wouldn't want to poison anyone you know...
Planning on taking the kids to open gym soon, having lunch and going to step class. Figure I'll have a salad for lunch or slice some cucumber and bring my almonds... and then have an apple and a bar directly after the class to try and subvert some of the hunger it brings on.
Have to make the ginger poached cod again tonight. Loved it and I still have all the ingredients on hand so may as well use them up.
I ate it in a bowl that I bought at a craft fair a few weeks ago. It is a neat bowl in that it meant for a soupy type dish such as the cod and it came with chopsticks that can be put through holes in the top of the bowl. Happy that I'm finally getting some use out of it.
Good luck with all the housecleaning @Shy... it always seems overwhelming til you start chewing it off and then you get in the groove get it all done and feel great afterwards (hmmm seems like a metaphor for weight loss)...
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #200  

Good Morning!
It is a very overcast day today and already spitting rain... this is the forecast for the weekend... I suspect that many inside chores will be taken care of because of this
Yesterday was a great day! Took the kids to the gymnastics club which they loved of course And then had a bit of lunch on the go at McD's. I opted for a fruit & yogurt parfait as I had step class shortly after lunch and didn't want too much food sitting in my stomach for it. I don't know if it was my breakfast of eggs & porridge but I was quite satiated feeling through out the day which was lovely...
Brought along my snack for after and didn't suffer with the excruciating hunger that I had with my prior time going to step. Figure that was definitely the missing link. Took the kids to the huge playground after my step class and I was so proud of how mobile they're getting on it.
Thinking that I'm going to either go to step or zumba this morning haven't decided which for sure. But some form of exercise... And then tomorrow or later tonight we are off to either our cabin or our friends campsite. We were supposed to be in a golf tournament with them but if this weather keeps up I don't foresee it happening.
Delighted to be at 166.5 this morning! With the goal being to lose 2 pounds a week this works out to roughly .3 per day- which so far is exactly where I'm at. Very content with my progress.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #201  

@Capricious: That's fantastic news!!! I'm very proud of you for being committed and following the plan. The proof of your hard work paying off is at the moment you step on the scale!
Good for you! I see that, now that you have a scale, you are weighing in everyday... I like that. I think it keeps one in check and motivates one to continue!

The weather here is COLD and dreary. I had to send my kids to school in winter coats... and yesterday they were wearing shorts and no jackets! It's crazy.
My DH was quite shocked when he got off the plane in his shorts and the temperature was already starting to plummet. He was freezing.... Oddly enough, it was exactly this type of weather when he left for his trip!

@Capricious: I hope you have fun at your cabin/friend's campsite/golf tourney. Whichever happens, I hope it is filled with fun!

May 24: 141.0 lbs
**I'll take it! I didn't even watch what I was eating... I overate my dinner as it was my favourite and it was sooooo good! I also had cookies and cupcakes to celebrate DH coming home.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #202  

@Shy- thank you for the encouragement! I do find knowing that I am going to weigh myself the next day helps me to stay more focused and on plan. And it is nice to receive positive feedback from the scale also, of course
I decided upon Zumba for my morning exercise. It was such a fun class. The instructor had put a new routine together that was quite challenging but so entertaining to do... such a great mix in a class.
We have decided to go to our cabin. My husband isn't much of a golfer at the best of times and he has absolutely no inclination to go in the cold and rain. So, it's off to the cabin we go...
@Shy- I love hearing of how you incorporate extra treats and a bit of extra dinner and it doesn't horribly impact the number on the scale. The last diet I was on, which was low carb, the moment you ate a carb you gained six pounds. It was awful. You give me such hope that having a bit extra when I'm at goal will not have this effect of gaining 10 pounds overnight on me. Thank you!!
It must be nice to have your husband home after his being away so long. Mine has been gone the past three days and that seemed like a very long time... can't wait to see him tonight!
Have a happy weekend!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #203  

Well...
Checked my weight this morning and it was 166.1! Yay!!! That means 1 pound in 3 days. Wonderful news- so happy to have confirmation that I'm on the right track.
Today promises to be a challenge as I did not get enough sleep last night. Too late to bed, too early to wake. Ahh well. My pound was hard won and I will treasure it.
Our friends are insistent that we join them for the golf tournament. Hubby isn't too happy about it... but hopefully we will have fun and he will get over his grumbles... Still cold and very overcast. Definitely threatening to rain at any moment...
Old 05-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #204  

It's beyond cold and extremely windy around here. The only thing going is that the sun is out and everything is shining and sparkling!
It is sooooo deceiving! Once you step out, you realize that you should have just stayed inside. lol

Can you believe it? There was frost in the air last night and it's threatening again tonight! I didn't realize that it was going to go that low and I didn't cover my fruit trees. Two weeks ago I was diligently covering them up (after DH left) and I didn't last night. I hope we still have some blossoms.... all that effort from two weeks ago will be in vain.
I just have to check the trees and make sure that I'm out there tonight.

I seem to be maintaining at 141.0 lbs. That's good considering all the cookies I've been chowing down... I normally wouldn't eat this much but they are so good... and someone has to eat them right?
However.... I don't want to be playing too close with fire! I've got to start watching it or else the weight will creep back up.

@Capricious: I hope your hubby has fun 'cause that will make it more enjoyable for you as well. Sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do.
Look at you go! Fantastic news... isn't it encouraging to see the results? That's how i did it... that was my motivation! I just loved getting up in the morning and seeing the numbers. Sometimes they didn't move and that was just fine. Other times they moved back up but I knew the reasons for it. That is how i felt accountable to myself.
You go for it, girl! I'm your number ONE supporter!
You will be where I am at soon and you'll be enjoying it fully.

I'm still dilly-dallying about whether to stay around 140.0 lbs or go down to 135.0 lbs. But... my clothes are fitting great and my jeans are literally falling off of me. I think I need a new size. If that's the case, then I don't want to lose any more. I like where I'm at. I have so many 'special' clothes that fit me when I was thin before and now they are just hanging on me... not at all flattering! I have to get them altered.

Even though the scale shows differently, I believe that I'm skinnier than I was when I lost oodles of weigh the first time on LAWL.
I really have to figure this out. I don't want to look like I'm wasting away.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #205  

Oh...
@Capricious: I forgot to mention that I was the same weight as you are when I started this serious lifestyle change... back in mid-September 2012.
If i can do it, anyone can do it.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #206  

Strange weather patterns.
I had to put tarp over my fruit trees again because there was frost in the air last night. Yet today, it will get up to 18 degrees... a nice spring day. It looks calm outside. There is no wind. Wow.
I'll be out there most of the day cutting grass (unless DH does it) and cleaning the deck and getting out the patio furniture.
But... all that had to wait until the garage gets done. It's so bad. There are boxes in there the we don't have a clue what's in them. When we moved, we just left boxes that looked like they belonged in the garage. I think a lot of the items need to go into the shed. I never had a shed before so I'm not used to having stuff that is specifically for that need. It will take all day to clean it and organize it. We also have to clean the BBQ and get it out onto the back deck. Then... we hope to have a barbeque tonight.
It's gong to be a long day but, a nicely spent one. I always have the need to be organized. My mind is cluttered unless my things are put away nicely. ANd i can find them when needed.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #207  

Well the sun is shining finally. So happy to see it after so much rain. Everything is green now though and the dust is settled. The rain was much needed... but it sure isn't as much fun as the sun
We went to the golf tournament and the closer we got to the course the harder it rained. So, the owner cancelled the tournament. Very thankful for this as it was very cold with tons of rain. Not my idea of a good time to be outside.
We went to the clubhouse as they were putting on a BBQ and doing a prize draw.
We had to wait forever for the food and by the time we ate my stomach had gotten into the mode of 'no matter how much you give me- I want more!'. It's terrible when I miss a meal and I'm tired... I had an extra bar and more fish oil gummies than I should have but was pleased that I didn't veer further off course than that.
My order from LA still has not arrived and TO is scheduled for tomorrow. Looked up alternative TO methods and I've decided upon the half cantaloupe in lieu of the juice route. Hopefully, it will go well.
@Shy- I can well identify with liking to have things organized. There is a sense of calm when all is as it should be. Are your fruit trees alright?
Hope you get some of the sun we're now enjoying and that your BBQ tonight goes well...
Thank you for your support... and for being so regular on here!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #208  

Could have cried when I stepped on the scale this morning. It read 168.5. Which is up 2.4 from Saturday morning. Can only assume this is because I had some popcorn at the movie yesterday (only a couple handful of my kids )- it has such a high sodium content that maybe I'm hanging onto water...
Because other than that I was pretty solidly on plan... missed a fruit and fat yesterday, had some fish oil gummies... So hard to know what it is exactly.
Today is the start of TO for me.
Whipped up 1/2 cantaloupe with a couple cups of spinach in the blender and will use this in lieu of TO juice...
Hopefully tomorrow the scale will be kinder to me...
Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #209  

Aww Capricious.... that's too bad.
But don't worry... it will come off fast because you already 'lost' it. The body is funny that way... it wants to get back to where it was before!
I believe that it is water retention.
But, like you said, it's hard to pinpoint because you didn't get in all your foods. I found that this did, and still does, affect me.

But seriously, I'm not trying. I'm enjoying myself too much right now.
But... I need to get back into 'shape' because too much cake, cookies and ice cream is not good for you! I have to stop!

Good luck with your TO. Don't worry... you'll be right back to where you were before

Today I stepped on the scale and the same number was the same... 141.0.
I didn't get around to cutting the grass yesterday. The garage took longer than expected and it's still not done. There's still a chunk of it that we didn't get to. Mind you, we didn't have the entire day to work on it. DH had to run errands and have a meeting and I was finishing up with what we left lying around.
At least the BBQ made it onto the deck and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner.
I may make the same thing this Friday. I just found out that my MIL is coming into town for a conference.

I't quite chilly (cool wind) and it might just be the perfect weather for cutting the grass. I'll go out in a bit.

Capricious.... thanks for the kind words (about me posting everyday and being regular).
I feel the same about you! It was getting lonely at times but I kept at it. I'm glad you're regular as some of our members are busy with other things going on and can only pop in once in a while to check in.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #210  

May 28...
And the magic number is..... 141.0 lbs. lol
I am truly grateful for this because of my aforementioned reasons!

I tried to cut the grass in the afternoon before the rain was expected to come. However,when I filled up the gas and turned it on, there was smoke coming out of it. Now, I'm not very mechanically inclined but I guessed that that was not a good sign! So I left it for DH to fix when he got home. It took so long that we had to leave to take DS to his soccer game and it was too late when we got home.
End of story? The grass is not cut and it is raining all day here. Its supposed to rain (thunderstorms) tomorrow and Friday and Saturday and so on. The only break in sight, so far, seems to be Thursday. I'll bet it grows a foot by then and it will take all day to mow. I can't afford that... my MIL is coming into town to stay with us. She's coming for a conference and will be here until Saturday. I need to cook and clean...
She's an avid gardener and I want her to see the yard looking pretty and not like what it was when we moved in!
The last time she was around, the snow was just starting to melt!

Agh... why does everything happen at once?
Also, I'm trying to put clutter away (upstairs) and do laundry and ironing... the clothes have to go somewhere... they can't all be hanging on my railings! lol
I have to go to my DD1's concert tonight... I have to help my DS finish a project tonight (he has to present it tomorrow)... there's soccer practice tomorrow and another project to do...
Then I have to go to DS (and maybe DD1's concert at school on Friday afternoon)
Let's not even talk about my weekend yet....

So.... basically, I only have the mornings and afternoons to get done what i need to get done!
There are never enough hours in a day to get the things done that I need to and then enjoy some for the things I would like to do!
I seriously had more time when I was working!
I'm more busy now than I was then.

Sorry for rambling....