3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/273628-lets-get-back-chatting-supporting-each-other.html)

TracyC 01-19-2013 11:23 AM

Good morning, everyone. I've had four days on plan and am already feeling healthier. Sticking to the eating plan and 30-45 minutes of exercise at the gym.

I don't expect to lose weight as quickly this time around, so I am not going to beat myself up if I don't lose 2 lbs a week like I did when I first went on LAWL.

Dee2 01-19-2013 01:25 PM

Well I think I am finished with WW once again. Monday will be 2 weeks and I really haven't lost anything. It's hard to tell b/c I am TOM but still...it seems like I am maintaining not losing. I get the same results whether I go to meetings or do it on my own. Glad i didnt sign up. It's just as well as my LAWL shipment should be here Monday or Tuesday. From what I've read ppl that didn't lose on WW still managed to lose on LAWL so I am looking forward to getting started

Dee2 01-19-2013 01:26 PM

Good morning! Congrats Tracy! Kutgw!!

TracyC 01-19-2013 02:02 PM

LAWL is pretty simple and straightforward. Except for the first points program, WW has always seemed to be about finding ways to eat more food and marketing its snacks at meetings.

My post-40 last time prior to LAWL, and now post-50 body can't lose weight eating a bunch of sugary and starchy snacks. I also won't lose if I don't work out regularly.

TracyC 01-20-2013 09:00 AM

I'm up early today. Everyone eat healthy while watching the football games!

According to my scale, my body has been stubbornly hanging on to my weight since the end of my Fast Forward days, but my clothes already feel looser. I am presuming my body is reacting to eating more normally than I did on FF. That's o.k. I know the weight loss will follow. In your 50s, you are in it as much for the health as for the looks. I see too many people I know with diabetes and heart disease. I don't want to be one of them.

I didn't do Fast Forward or Take Off every two weeks the last time I was on LAWL, because I didn't have to. Back then, I was working out an hour a day 5-6 days a week. Because of that, my counselor said I should use the FF method of the Take Off juice, meat and greens instead of the Take Off method of juice, less food and the bars. She said the TO was not enough food if you worked out a lot. I may do a FF or TO every two weeks this time around, just to keep my weight loss moving. I'll reevaluate this at the end of the first two weeks.

Dee2 01-20-2013 10:44 AM

So you lost a few lbs this time on the take off juice days and it stayed off? Is that what you are saying? I'm in my 40's and also finding it hard to lose more than a couple of lbs. And technically, I didn't even do that since I gained back what I lost in 2 weeks in just 2 days. I have heard different results with the TO juice. I am hoping to lose enough to jump start so I can get the ball rolling. But some ppl have said they did lose a few with the TO but gained it back in the next few days? I realize there are other reasons for doing it so I'm still going to try it.

TracyC 01-20-2013 02:23 PM

I think it's because (unless they changed the Fast Forward rules in later plans) the FF has you drinking the juice and eating meat and green vegetables. You lose a bunch of water weight while you are getting rid of your sugar and salt cravings. The Take Off plan, which (in the olden days, anyway) you do every two weeks afterwards, or as needed, depending upon your weight loss, has a small amount of protein, some vegetables, the juice and your two lites.

Back when I went to the centers, there was also a plateau breaker menu; pretty straightforward. They encouraged you to eat chicken or fish for protein, lots of green vegetables, berries and citrus for fruit servings, and light bread and crackers for your starch servings for five days. You used the same portions as your regular plan.

I think that whatever amount of weight you lose on Fast Forward or Take Off, it is still a good thing to do because it helps you get rid of your cravings and make you ready for the regular diet.

I always get a little headachy the first day of Fast Forward because I am getting the sugar out of my system and my body rebels a little.

Dee2 01-20-2013 02:46 PM

I hope all that is explained in the kit. Maybe I can compare notes with you. Sounds like the plan keeps switching. No wonder I'm confused

TracyC 01-21-2013 02:36 PM

I never had access to the newer numbered plans. I did hear some people say they thought they had a bit too much starch. You can go on ebay at any time and get a hard copy or a CD of the colored plans. That's what I did when I couldn't find my old booklets, which of course showed up as soon as I'd bought the plan from ebay! I appreciate the simplicity of the colored plans, but then again, I never saw the numbered ones.

I will say that at the time that the newer plan was introduced, they had also expanded the selection of starchy snacks like the LAWL brand crackers and popcorn, as well as the biscotti. So I wondered if the extra starch was to encourage people to buy more of the starchy snacks. It is just a thought. I will say that those biscotti were really yummy, and counted as a starch and a fruit! That's the only thing I miss from the olden days!

Dee2 01-23-2013 09:04 PM

Woohoo got my pkg today!! I'm on plan 2

Dee2 01-23-2013 09:16 PM

Tracy, do you have a weigh in day? Just wondering how week 1 went?

TracyC 01-23-2013 11:36 PM

Actually, I am going to wait until the day before my next Take-Off juice weekend. I don't want to get into the daily weigh-ins and worry if I'm up a little one day and down the next.

I am feeling better and am in a groove with my exercise, so all is well for now.

TracyC 01-31-2013 09:38 AM

I am probably too lazy to start a daily thread, so I am going back to this one.

First day of Take Off down, and am having my morning Lite as I surf the 'net. I am hoping for a pleasant surprise on the scale tomorrow.

Dee, don't get discouraged. My body used to drop weight like crazy in my youth, but I have to add regular workouts and really watch my diet to lose half of what I used to. I finally told myself that I need to eat this way just to be healthy, since I am in my 50s and don't need to be eating junk. Funny, if I made it a goal to lose a pound a week, I would be at goal by the end of the year. I know that I, personally, have stood in my own way when I thought I hadn't lost fast enough and just gave up.

I haven't lost as much as I'd hoped, and will probably need the Take Off periods every two weeks, whereas used to, I didn't need them. But in the meantime, I feel better, my skin is getting a bit of a glow from all of that water, and my face is losing that puffy look.

Dee2 01-31-2013 02:45 PM

I'm wishing you a whoosh on your scale! I did manage to drop a lb. Thank goodness. it's easy to get discouraged when the scale is going the wrong direction. So down 3.4 for the week :)

TracyC 01-31-2013 03:43 PM

Good for you, Dee! I am a little bit headachy from the Take-Off; probably a sharp decrease in starch because of the no bread. I will weigh tomorrow and hopefully have some good news.

I think I will have an easier time of it when it gets warmer, because my only real difficulty has been with drinking all of my water. In the AZ heat, I drink water all time.