Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other

You're on Page 15 of 17
Go to
  • Happy Tuesday!
    Well I lost 1.6 pounds overnight . Bringing me to 166.8. Which isn't quite where it was Saturday morning but is far and away better than the number that jumped off the scale yesterday. As tomorrow is my 'official' weigh in day I'm anxious to see what the scale will reflect.
    I miss my TO juice. Not a huge fan of cantaloupe. But I'm almost through Day 2 and tomorrow is back to regularly scheduled programming. Yay!
    @Shy- you do sound very very busy. But also that you are taking on all the tasks that need to be completed which is so essential for harmony.
    I always have bake and clean to before my in laws come. It's important to me that they are proud of me. But it is stressful leading up to their visits that's for sure. We are having a party for my DD1 on Sunday to celebrate her First Communion but I am putting off worrying about the baking and cleaning until Friday. DD1 also has a talent show on Friday so excited to see her
    Our grass looks awful right now as it has been raining which makes everything grow so quickly and the belt on the lawn mower broke and my DH hasn't been able to fix it yet... Hopefully that that will happen before the party on Sunday!
  • It's Wednesday. The Official Weigh In Wednesday. And drum roll please... the number is 165.6. Woohoo! This is an overall 1.5 drop for the week. I'm worried that the scale will go up tomorrow though since this is the WI following TO and now it will be back to more food... and so perhaps a higher number?? Guess I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow says...
    I'm off to Zumba this morning...
    Will try to check in later...
  • May 29: 140.0 lbs
    I somehow dropped one pound overnight... I'll take it.
    i guess I'm back to my goal weight.. but not quite a low as I was at my lowest (138.5 lbs)

I'm soooooo tired. I didn't sleep very well. There was a huge thunderstorm last night at 3 in the morning and it lasted for one and a half hours! It was bad. The lightening kept coming in through the window and reflecting off of my tv component and it was so bright that it kept making me open my eyes!

I discovered this morning that DH had the blinds open somewhat!
    Agh!

Here's to another day of laundry and ironing!
    It's raining again.... at least a plus to this is that my DS's soccer practice will be cancelled. Good. He has homework and I need the extra time to get things done.

@Capricious; That's wonderful news! And no.... you will not gain any more weight just because you will be eating more food. Just stick to the plan and I'll bet you have a drop in weight tomorrow. Actually... I almost guarantee it!
    I can't wait to hear!

I'm thinking now.... since I somehow dropped one pound overnight, that I will stick to the plant today. It's been weeks since I have followed it. I need to get back to more 'healthy' eating. or at least cut out the chips and cookies.

I'm going to the States in three weeks (just for a couple of days) and I'm going to buy myself some of the TO juice. I usually get it from there and it will be nice to have some on hand.
  • Hello to all.

I use to do LA Weightloss in 2008. I lost 60 pounds. I have now gained back almost 40 pounds. I am researching and trying to come up with a plan on my own. I know I need structure. If I have to many options I loose control. I have been on every diet advertised. I know it should be easier but for me it is not. I can eat less and not loose. I need to eat right and get back to exercising. I could list all my excuses but I am not going to do that. I am an emotional eater and a stress eater and a reward eater. I need to loose weight for myself, to feel better, look better and to just be better.

I need some help!!

Thanks for any advice/support

Amy- prior 3fC name mommyofsix.
  • Welcome @Sweet & Spicy- post often! It really helps I find writing down everything I eat to be helpful as well...
    My order from LA still hasn't arrived. I'm going to have to check about this today as it has been an extraordinarily long time since I place my order. It may have behooved me though. I'm no longer dependent on the products because I've discovered other bars that do the same job and cantaloupe while it may not be my favourite thing certainly did the trick with TO.
    @Shy- Hope your sleep was much more fitful last night. It is terrible to wake up in the morning just wanting to go back to bed. Congrats on the 1 pound and being exactly at goal again. It seems that your body is very happy where it is.
    And you were right about my weight- it did go down again today (which I really, honestly wouldn't have believed could happen)- I was at 165 this morning which was a lovely .6 drop overnight! So happy
    Are you almost ready for MIL?
  • Agh!
    I'm taking a break.... a well deserved one! Having an umpteenth cup of tea. It's keeping me going.
    DH had to go out of town and leave me with everything. However, he just called and told me that MIL is expecting to leave home around 6pm.. that means that she'll be here around 7pm. Her conference starts tomorrow.
    Whew... at least I've got a little bit of breathing room.
    I just finished cleaning up the kitchen (dishes and cooking mostly) I still have to clean the island of clutter and polish the fridge etc.

Then I'm hoping to employ DD2 as soon as she gets home from school to help me clear up the clutter in the dining room and dust. It's full of ongoing school projects. I'll just have to place the stuff on the floor so we can eat like a civilized family. I have a new kitchen table on order and we've resorted to eating in front of the television!
    i still have to mop...

I forgot to mention that my central vac quit on me... again. It's totally a love-hate relationship. It's so strange... it just stops working at will and then i have to take the same part in to be fixed. This will be the fourth time and I've only had it less than two years.
    So... I found the old upright vacuum and managed to do upstairs. When i came downstairs and plugged it in, it shorted on me. I could see the spark. Now it's garbage.
    I have resorted to using my hand held little vac for the floor... AT least the floor is done but the carpets look so bad! I still have to mop (that's why i did the floor).
    When DH gets back, I'm sending him to Walmart to pick me up a vacuum.

I'm having such bad luck with them.
    Also I think I have to cook something else. I'm not sure that one dish is enough or appropriate. But IMHO, butter chicken does not go with anything else except for naan. I don't have a clue what else to make.
    I've got three hours...

@Capricious: I knew your weight would go down. I'm psychic that way. lol
    But seriously, good for you. Keep it up and the weight will fall off quickly and steadily.

@Sweet and Spicy: Welcome. Do post often and let us know how things are going.

With all the things that were going on this week, I forgot about a pasta dinner fundraiser for the graduating class. Needless to say.. I had to go. So... that's three evenings out and only the day to get things clean and organized. Obviously nothing happened except that the laundry and ironing got done to a point... that's why I'm running around like the energizer bunny.
    Thanks for listening... I needed a shoulder.
  • Good Morning! It's Friday!
    I'm both excited and nervous that it's the weekend. It does seem to be a bit more difficult to stick with routine when the routine gets thrown in the air the way it does on the weekend.
    It's a busy time. This morning is my DD1's talent show. Then we are supposed to meet up with friends in the afternoon. And then go out this evening with another set of friends.
    Tomorrow DD1 has a birthday party to go to and then Sunday is the big day where she receives her First Communion and we have a party afterward.
    I'm down to 164.5 this morning which is another .5 loss. So, so pleased.
    I'd really like to squeeze Zumba in today..the exercise helps keep me on track.
    @Shy- I feel for you with your vacuum issues. I've never dealt with central vac in my own home, but I can attest that it has been a long road finding vacs that I like. I'm pretty fortunate now though that my home & cabin are all hard surfaces. I have a Miele vac that I really like that is for hard surfaces only...
    Hopefully all went well with MIL's arrival I love Butter Chicken! Did you end up making a side dish to go with it?
    When I went to the craft fair a few weeks ago there was a lady hawking soup mixes. I bought 3 different kinds and made one called Autumn Harvest last night. It was soooo good!! Had to keep myself from going back for more, I knew I was full enough it was the taste that was drawing me back
    Well... wishing us all luck with our endeavours today...TTYT...
  • @Capricious: That's fantastic news.... I knew you could do and and i have faith in you that you will accomplish your goal in no time. I started around the same weight as you.

MIL came around (late) supper time and she LOVED the food. I ended up making a cauliflower and potatoe 'curry' and served that with naan also. It was really good.... if i do say so myself!
    She left early this morning as breakfast was being served at the conference.
    Today I'm going to have a bbq. We're having burgers, shrimp skewers, potato salad, roasted tomato and garlic couscous and grilled pineapple skewers dusted with a hint of hot habenero sauce! How's that?
    I know... I'm pretty impressed too!
    I just got all the salads done and my ground beef has been marinating for two days. All i've done is 'cook' this morning!
    Right after lunch, I'm heading out to school for DS's assembly. He'll be doing a dance and playing recorder with his class. They are going to perform their song which earned them a Kiwanis Gold medal!
    DD! already had her evening playing the trumpet performing their gold medal song. I don't think she's performing today.

Let me tell you.... and @Capricious you are absolutely right.... there is a calm over me (now that the prep work is done) and it's because the house is clean. Yay. I got everyone to do a chore while I cooked the last dish and everything came together nicely!
    I even had a chance to help two kids study for tests today! Wow.

Here's to hoping everyday is like today!

Capricious, I feel like we're living in a parallel universe! The vacuum issue.... the last time they fixed the part, they gave me a Miele canister vacuum to use in the mean time (I complained that it would take too long for the part to be fixed and my house needed to be cleaned). I loved that vacuum. I want one badly... just have to save up for it.

My weekend is crazy busy as well. I'll be driving two hours to attend my neice's bday party and then driving back for my DS to attend a schoolmate's bday party!
    I also had to attend another event in the evening but opted not to. There would be too much driving for one day. That event is also 1 1/2 hour drive!
    Then Sunday...my kids have a lot of homework and assignments to complete.
    Maybe I can plant some of the flowers that seem to be living comfortably in my garage! lol

Congratulations to your daughter and may she have a wonderful time at her celebrations.

May 31: 140.0 lbs.
  • Hey.. I'm back.. not that I was 'gone' anywhere. lol
    I've been extremely busy driving around and attending events....

Anyways, I'm back to regular posting.
    So... for weigh-in Wednesday I am 140.5 lbs. A 0.5 lb increase from my target weight of 140.0.
    Strangely enough, I've been exactly 140.0 lbs since last week and this morning I weigh in at more! lol

I spend my entire day outside yesterday. I only took two breaks... and one of them was for dinner. I finally came in around 9pm. I had so much yard work to catch up on now that actually stopped raining for a day! In fact, every one of my neighbours was out mowing their lawns during the afternoon or the evening!
    With all that work and exercise, I gained half a pound!

How are you all doing?
    Where is everyone?
    So many of you have written about how excited you were that there was still an active thread around but.... you're not posting!

Anyways... I'll check in later.

@Capricious: How did your daughter's First Communion go? I hope you all had a wonderful time.
  • Lol!!!
    I must have had too much sun yesterday... today is Tuesday and not Wednesday!
    I knew that all morning but for some reason I thought it was Wednesday when I came to post!
    lol...
  • Wednesday weigh in and it's first day of TOM!
    So that explains my weight gain.... I feel so bloated and cranky/emotional. This is not going to be a good TOM!
    It's funny how some months are so different than others.

How's everyone doing?
  • Another old timer here! I had a baby boy 10 weeks ago so here I am again. I just pulled out the old faithful LAWL plan, the only plan that has ever truly worked for me. I need to get back into my clothes and hopefully back to where I was the first time I did LAWL! I'm nursing so I'm doing the red plan without lites but damn I really miss that sweet fix.
  • I'm back as well finally...
    @Dawn78- welcome! LAWL is such a great way to lose baby weight. Lots of luck and may it go as smoothly as it did the first time!

It has been a crazy busy time. DD1's communion and party went well I fell completely off plan on Saturday and justified it to myself that I would 'fool' my body by changing things up. Apparently my body thought this was foolishness (sigh... of course) and I weigh the same this week that I did last week.
    @Shy- our cycles are surprisingly close together! TOM is expected but it has been very unpredictable so not sure exactly when it plans on being here. Just know that I'm a very cranky mama right now which I don't like. Even when I don't mean to be my tone is sharp... ah well... hopefully it will arrive soon and I can be back to normal.
    Went to step class yesterday and was very pleased at how easily running up and down a flight of stairs 5 times was. I had to do this about a month ago when I first started exercising regularly again and it darn near killed me. This time I could've easily kept going and it was only at the lady behind's me insistence that we were done (evidently she's better at keeping track than I ) that I stopped.
    We did a lot of resistance work yesterday (push ups, sit ups, squats as well as lifting). Push ups hurt hurt hurt. They are my nemesis. And she made us do 100 of them. Yuck. But I did it. Even though they were little baby ones by the end.
    Bought a new bike yesterday as well. It is so darn pretty! I absolutely love it! Took the girls out for a ride when we got home. There is really only gravel by my house and DD2 had a bit of trouble as she is only 4 and her wheels are quite small. DD1 suggested that if we take the bikes to town it would be a lot more fun which I wholeheartedly agree with. So, I will have to find a bike carrier that will enable us to do this. Have to enjoy these couple months of summer before the deep freeze sets in again!
    Desperately need to fix up the planters as well but I'd like to wait until the weather is cooperating with me. Maybe after the weekend as I'm slated to be home all day Monday.
    Didn't weigh today... had to eat out last night as we went to support the local 4H group and they were serving a supper. I stuck to just beef. But the sodium content was very questionable.
    Decided I will take Thursday's number in lieu. Although I have to eat out tonight as well because we will be in town again as my DD1 has dance. At least I know I can find a salad somewhere
    Til tomorrow...
  • Hi Dawn78! Welcome to this awesome thread and do post often. Let us know how things are going.
    Congratulations to you on the birth of your son.
    I actually joined LAWL after I had all three of my kids... that baby weight was hard for me to get off and I didn't really know where to start. I'm glad I found LAWL when I did. Unfortunately... I had gained back most of the weight I had lost previously.
    Good luck to you.

So... It's TOM and my weight seems to have gotten back to it's normal number but, this is not my true weight!

@Capricious; Just hearing about your exercise program is making me tired and sore! I don't know how you have that much stamina to keep up with the class... good for you!
    But... I guess it all depends on what you're passionate about to keep up with the stamina. For me it's gardening right now.... I can be out there all day getting things in order. Then I don't go out for days afterwards and enjoy my hard work.

We've been eating food that we wouldn't normally consume that often... easy, convenient foods to quickly eat and then jump into activities or schoolwork.
    I don't know what to make for supper tonight. I want it made soon because I'm bringing DD2 home for lunch today and then I'm off to the dentist.
    I'm really excited about tonight... DD1 is showing two of her original works ( limited and signed ) at an art gallery opening tonight complete with light finger foods and music! I can't wait to see her art hanging and I get to buy a print!

You know, speaking of.... I feel kinda bummed. I took my son's art/french project into school for him as he has to present it this afternoon. He's been woking on it off and on for three weeks. It looks awesome and he's been working hard. I kinda got the feeling that the teacher thought that I might have done most of the work... I don't know... I was trying to read him (mind you, he wasn't his usual cheery self.. )... I don't know. But I assure you that he did all of the work himself. He made little plasticine pigs, birds, trees, monkeys, fish etc. He's very talented. All I did was show him how to blend colours together when he painted his island so that there wasn't any 'lines' in the colours. I also showed him how to dry brush it afterwards to get the textures out that he worked so hard on to achieve. Sorry, I have a degree in Art and wanted it to be a learning experience for him... do you think I might have taken it too far? Should I have just left it the way he did it?
    I feel so bad... the teacher made me have a funny feeling. I mean... he didn't really look at it... he was far away and only glanced at it. I wonder if my son is late in doing it? But he said the teacher asked him to present it today... I don't know....
    Talk to you later....
  • I went off track last night. Had licorice, chips and a cookie. Not feeling very good about my choices today. And lamenting the fact I keep doing this to myself and not staying focused.
    Oh well. Today is a new day. I had my yogurt and berries this morning and have been trying to convince myself that it's okay if I go off track. Even if it is a couple times this week that I've done so. I really have to stay away from candy. I wouldn't have it in the house but DH loves it and buys it. Unfortunately, I love it too. Usually it wouldn't be that big of a deal to stay away from it but got sucked into thinking I could just have one piece of licorice and then ended up having 9. I know this about myself... not very good at just having one or two.
    Have to accept some responsibility and face the scale tomorrow.
    @Shy- you must be very proud of your daughter. A gallery showing! Wow!
    You are right that we each of have our own focuses. Mine needs to be gardening right now- it it beckoning. I need to borrow my DH's truck to get some dirt, plants and patio furniture. The place just doesn't look alive until the flowers are taken care of...