Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other

You're on Page 12 of 17
Go to
  • I am having a hard time staying on track..I really need the accountability of going and getting weighed in each week...having to stand on the scale in front of someone...

I am considereing joining WW...not following WW...still following LAWL...just so I can have the accountability I need to stay on track...

Any thoughts and / or suggestions???
  • Barri- I was thinking exactly the same thing. LAWL is great for giving the structure of eating but I think WW can provide the 'real life' support and accountability through the scale. I mentioned before that I figured the 'points' in a day of LAWL and with 2 bars it is 31 points... WW recommends 26 points per day but has a leeway of an extra 49 points per week for going out etc.
    So I cut out one of the bars. I like having a safety net so that if I slip it doesn't completely derail. I am really really really trying to focus on moderation over restriction/ free for all mentality.
    So...
    I, too, am going to start with the weekly WW meetings... after TOM shows up
    And coming on here too is so helpful. Others successes and obstacles are so in sync with mine... and it helps to know there are others in the same boat...

Trying- don't worry too much about the cookie pieces... sometimes the internal dialogue of 'why do I want this cookie so much?'... 'am I really hungry?'... if the answer is yes...'then how about a piece of broccoli?'... 'am I still hungry?'...'how will I feel after I eat this cookie?'...
    It can help bring mindfulness to the situation. You may still opt to eat the cookie but you will have controlled the process of having it. And you may talk yourself out of the cookie... it worth trying...
  • Good morning all...
    I went to Zumba with a friend who really wanted to try it last night. It was pretty much the same routine as Monday and I am sore. Yay! Being sore is always such a positive sign that the working out is working out
    My house is in upheaval right now as we bought new couches for upstairs (ones that are far more wipeable than the micro fibre we made the mistake of purchasing last year- it really did not work well with three small children) and the old couches are in my living room all on top of each other as my husband is bringing them out to his man cave but the floors will not be done until tonight. It is so hard to be zen when one's home is anything but. I am so looking forward to it righting itself tonight
    I just finished off my go to breakfast of greek yogurt, almonds & berries. So yummy... For supper last night I had chicken caesar salad. Bothouse yogurt caesar dressing is very good!
    Planning on a salmon tonight. I bought an all natural salmon rub at the craft fair on Saturday and I'm anxious to try it.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Hey Capricious,
    I love that ... "It is so hard to be zen when one's home is anything but." It pretty well describes me.
    I finally got my home to zennish properties... there's still the floors to be mopped and a pile of 'stuff' in my hallway to put away. THEN it'll be good.
    But it definitely is a great feeling to have a clean house and to see a kept front and back yard.

I'm putting seed out in the front yard.. I only came in for a tea break.. as we're expecting a thunderstorm and some rain for the next day or two. Also the temperature is expected to get a little bit cooler. That's perfect for grass growing. Hey... anything to win my fight with the dreadful dandylion. I must have pulled out 7 of them in the front yard already! Everyday. When will they stop!!!!!!

I had salmon a couple of days ago and also used a rub on it. I cedar planked it and it came with a recipe for a rub. It was amazing. I had it with roast potatoes and broccoli.

I'm making lentils for supper. I'm not sure if I should have it with rice or with a flat bread. I'm making mung bean lentils and it doesn't usually go with rice.
    I was thinking of making some falafels as well... for a crispy sensation to go along with the lentils.
    Also, I'm not sure if I should use store bought flat bread or make my own. I guess that all depends on the time factor.

I'm maintaining at 138.5 lbs. I'm still not sure if I should lower my goal to 135.0 lbs.
  • Good morning!

Today I'm still maintaining at 138.5 lbs. I haven't really been trying to lose weight... I'm just going with the flow.

Thank goodness it rained last night and things are set to get a little cooler in the next few days. I like the warm weather but, I think it should come gradually and not overnight. The trees and grass need the cool weather to get them the jump start for the season.

Yesterday, when i was out in my front yard, I started to get this itchy eye. I've had it for a few days and, usually at night, I can feel a pain when I rub my left eye. Nothing came of it until yesterday. My eye was starting to swell up and become itchy. It was, and still is, so sore to the touch. It is even more puffy this morning. My eyelid is literally red. I couldn't sleep because of the pain... it was aweful. I'm hoping that I can get into the doctor's office this afternoon to show her.
    Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

So last night I did make the lentils with homemade flat bread and falafels. Yummy. It was soooooo good.
    Now my dilemma is what to make tonight. I seriously have no idea and I have to make something that all my kids will like.
  • Good morning!
    Where is everybody???
    It's getting lonely here again!

So. It ends up that I have an eye infection.... a stye! I've never had one and its' quite painful. I'm on antibiotics and pain killers.
    Funny... my eye actually looks worse today....

I ended up eating pizza for supper. We ordered from our neighbourhood mom and pop shop. It was so good. I overate. I felt that I needed some comfort.

This morning I was up 0.5 lbs! I'm now 139.0 lbs. I figured it's because I overate the pizza. I mean I did eat 4 slices! Oh well.
    Now I realize that it's actually TOM! I didn't even realize!
    I didn't even have any of the usual symptoms.....
    I'm guessing the pain in my eye is masking all other symptoms. lol.

I hope everyone is doing fine and I look forward to your posts.
  • Hello! Hello?
    Greetings!

I was hoping to find some people who are trying to do the old LAWL plans. I lost 40lbs successfully, and over the past 1.5 years put it back on. Wth!?

So the goal is to get back down on the scale, and keep living in a healthy manner. I need some accountability, that's for sure!

Any room for an old timer in here?

~Wendy
  • Hi Wendy II: There's always room for every body around here! Welcome....
    It's always nice to have a fresh 'face' and a different experience to share with every one.
    What plan are you on? The old coloured plans or the newer numbered plans? Which colour or number are you on?
  • HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you lovely ladies!
    May the day be filled with love and sunshine!
    ... even though the weather around here is not co-operating, I plan to have a sun shiny day!
  • Hi Shy and new friends. Sorry to have been AWOL, but it has been a busy week with picking up my daughter from college and Mother's Day. I haven't made the world's best food choices, but back on the wagon tomorrow. I got my husband and daughter signed up for the gym so we can make fitness a family affair.
  • It's good to see you back on track and focused, Tracy! I'm glad you got a family membership and that everyone will go.
    I can't seem to get my daughters motivated at all. They just have no interest. My son is too young for the classes at the Y. He can, however, take swimming lessons etc. ... and so can my daughters. There's something about this age -- 12 and 13 -- that just seems to have girls drop out of organized anything! Or they just don't want to join.
    I don't know. Hopefully things will change with summer holidays approaching soon.
    Anyways... good for you for making it a family thing.

I have a theory.... Mother's Day calories shouldn't count. What do you guys think?
    I ate Popeye's Chicken for supper.... and, boy, did I eat. I had french fries, onion rings, Coke and a peach pie for dessert! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    DH is out of the country and the kids and I (mostly the kids) decided that I shouldn't cook and that we should have Popeye's for supper!

I didn't even check the scales this morning! It's also TOM for me.
  • Happy Monday!
    Today is the day I start a Take Off regimen.. the day of truth!

Shy - Hello! I'm on the old color plans - and I'm starting on Red, which is where I started to begin with. AND - yes.. Mother's Day calories shouldn't count! :-) I knew I wouldn't stick to my plan on Mother's Day. My daughter just started a cupcake business, and she brought her new creation for dessert. I can't say no to something my kids made. I have no willpower over that kind of stuff! They were pretty and delicious .. Pink Lemonade cupcakes!

Anyone else "recommitting" today?
  • Oh - I forgot to ask. Do you have a set weigh in day here? We did that on one of the other threads I used to frequent, and it did make me feel more accountable. I think we did Wednesday weigh-ins.. cuz Mondays could be brutal :-)
  • Quote: Oh - I forgot to ask. Do you have a set weigh in day here? We did that on one of the other threads I used to frequent, and it did make me feel more accountable. I think we did Wednesday weigh-ins.. cuz Mondays could be brutal :-)
    I am in for posting our weight on Wednesday mornings.

I am so torn between the old colored plans and the new numbered plans. The new plans do seem more liveable...UGH! I wish a fairy could just come and tell me what will work best for me and what I should do! LOL
  • Hi guys...
    I'm in for posting on Wednesday mornings as well.
    Although I have been posting daily, I'll do Wednesdays. I'm just in the habit of weighing myself every morning... something LAWL taught me... to be more accountable.

@Barri: Why not stay with the coloured plans, since you feel more comfortable with them? Let the weight start coming off. Once you feel more comfortable with the plan, then you can decide about switching to the numbered ones. It only involves a little bit of tweaking... from what I recall.
    You can give it a try and, if you don't like it, you can always go back to coloured! By doing it this way, you'll already be ahead of the game.
    What do you think?