LA Weightloss #67

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing?

lvegeais- WELCOME!

SnapyGing-That's an accomplishment, going on vacation and hardly gaining any weight is excellent!

Diane- I started the 3-day yesterday, if I can keep it going for more than 3-days i'll do it, and i'm really enjoying my SS videos!

Tab- How's it going? I agree w/ Diane, it's easy to have the weight creep up on you, but in your case, i think it's due to TTOTM and also the meal you ate on the weekend.

Kim-WTG on the intense workouts.

Kathy
    192/178again!/130
  • Hi everyone!

I'm loving my SS, it's been 5days and I have already lost 1/2in in my thighs and hips!

I've been starch free for 3days now, and i'm doing pretty well. I have lost 2# so far but i'm still not happy about it. I don't think i'll be happy until i'm completely out of the 170's.

I hope everyone is doing well!

kathy
  • [COLOR=red]Thank God It's FRIDAY!!!![/COLOR]
    I've only been in the office a couple of days but it has really been stressful those few days. I'm so glad today is Friday and I'm off Monday & Tuesday. I'm looking forward to a little R&R alone. Some times I think we all need that.

Anyway, this morning, I've been hurting some kinda bad. I was able to get through my workout but just barely. I feel like I'm so out of shape after working with the trainer on yesterday. I thought I was in better shape than that. This is definately going to be a challenge.

Hi ladies, Tab, Diane, Snapy, Lisa, and Kitkat.

Tab-I hope you're feeling better today.

Diane-Glad to see you're enjoying those tapes.

Snapy-Italy for two week, that sounds great! I just want to some where other than the Washington, DC area. I'm sure you had a fantastic time!

Lisa-Glad you decided to join us. We are a small group but we're there for each other, in the good and bad. I didn't buy the bars in bulk because I couldn't afford it at the time so I just bought 12 boxes and still got a discount price. The ladies have shared there experiences with bars other than LAWL and I've tried a them and they were just as good, but there are a lot out there that taste bad so buy 1 at a time until you find what you like. I don't suggest the diet supplements and just like Diane said, you can get vitamins anywhere. I'm actually using SeaSilver, this is my 2 week and it's really working out great for me.

Kathy-I know we're going to have a great OP weekend, I'm claiming it before it begans.

Well ladies, if I don't check in again, you all have a great weekend!!
  • Kim-LOL, that's right, lets claim it from NOW! We will not mess up this weekend. Have the warm weather on my backs lets me know that play time is over!

Kathy
  • Thanks for all of your help. I have a couple more questions.

Which of the LAWL food products taste the best?

I'm not particularly fond of fat free dressing, but I guess I'll have to adjust. Which are the best tasting?

Kim- What is seasilver? Is it a brand or a vitmain with special nutrients?
  • Hi Lisa,

It's a liquid vitamin that gives you your daily vitamin intake along with having more energy, the ability to sleep better at night, rid your body of toxins and things that could cause cancer and it's also suppose to helps in weight loss efforts.

Several things that I've noticed since taking is my energy level has increased and I'm sleeping better at night. I was never one who slept well so this has been a change for me. I really like it and a bottle should last your for about a month in a half. Since I started I forgot to take it once and I really noticed a difference and that really took me by surprise. I never thought anything of it until I missed that day. They have a website: seasilver.com, check it out.

I don't do the LAWL food or replacement meals. I've heard that the chocolate shakes were good. Hopefully this helps.

Have a wonderful weekend.
  • LAWL chocolate crunch bars are good. I don't use their products though. I'd rather have a Luna bar or a Balance carmel nut bar.

Kathy
  • Happy Friday Everyone!!

Well I think I am over my slump. Today is a better day. I weighed in on wednesday and I was back down to the last 5lbs so again....I only have 5lbs to goal. Actually I only have one week of weightloss left sooooooooo what ever I weigh next Saturday is the end...that will be 6 months for me at LAWL. So we shall see. I am trying to have a positive attitude about this maintenance stuff. So hopefully all goes well.

Kitkat....You Go Girl.....Keep up the good work. I can feel your enthusiasum. Keep it up and you will be out of the 170's in no time at all. Thanks for your encouraging words last week. That was a bad week for me. Wow...I never knew how down I could be on myself. I did have to take a step back and look how far I had come. But to be honest sometimes when I look at myself I only see what I don't like about myself....I don't see the progress. That is something totally different than weightloss.....that is trying to accept the new me. It is very scary. I know that sounds crazy. But thanks again.

Kim.......Sounds like the personal trainer is doing his job. Specially if you are feeling sore. How many time a week do you work out with him?? I am sure your are in great shape...the trainer is just using muscles that you may not have used that much. I am sure by July you will see such an improvement in your body definition. I am excited for you. Talking about vitiamins...I need to start taking mine on a regular basis. Some days I do some days I don't. But I can tell that my body is giving me signs that I need more vitiamins. So that is a new goal of mine to take them everyday. I have the bottle sitting here on my desk and I have a bottle sitting over the sink at my home...so you would think that I could take. Sometimes if I take on an empty stomach they don't agree with me....so starting today I plan to take my vitimains. I plan to have a good weekend...but I have a lot of temptation this weekend. Tonight my girlfriends want to meet at Chillis for happy hour....that used to mean $1.99 margaritas and southwestern egg rolls....mmm mmm good. It will be very hard for me to pass up but I will after the funk I was in last week I can do this. And then on Saturday one of my friends is having a pampered chef party and her theme is mexican. And the one thing that I have been craving is mexican food. So I don't know what I am going to do. I might cave at that party. I am going to try and be as good as one can be. I should just not go to keep myself away from temptations...but is that anyway to live your life. Well enjoy your weekend...and your two days off.

Snapy....Welcome back...you have been gone two weeks and only gain 1.4lbs and I can gain 4lbs over one weekend....that is crazy. I am glad that you did sooo well on your vacation....high five on that one. So how was the vacation?? Where did you go and what did you see?? I am sure you did a lot of walking while you were sightseeing.

Lvegeais....Welcome to our thread....we are all very supportive of one another. I personally do not do any of the LAWL bars or products. They were way to expensive when I joined the program. But if you can afford them I would go ahead and buy bulk you will save money but...Just be prepared when then tell you that astronomical price. When I first joined I was shocked by the bulk price. I too like KitKat would prefer to have a Luna Bar...my center knows not to try and sell me stuff. I told them up front I was not interested in their products...I did try some of the bars but again...got too expensive at $14 a box...when a Luna bar cost me $1.17 at Walmart....and by the way they are on sale again at Giant 2 for $2. But I do follow the program. I am on the Red Plan and I weigh in 3x a week. I am 10lbs under my original goal weight that I set with LAWL when I joined. My personnal goal is to lose 5 more pounds and I just can't get there. After next Saturday 5/10 I will have been on LAWL for 6 months and I will start my maintenance. And that kinda scares me. As of right now I have lost 38lbs and I have went from a size 12/14 to a size 6/8. I am very pleased with this program. How much are you trying to lose?? How many weeks did you purchase? Well I look forward in following your progress....We can share our journeys with you and be here for support. You can do this...you have taken the right step.

Well everyone have a wonderful weekend...my work day is almost over and I just can't wait to get out of here. Going to that happy hour.....my husband will be my support. I hope. He is ready for some Egg rolls and margaritas....so I can do this...I can do this...that is what I have to tell myself. Enjoy!!
  • Kim;
    That seasilver sounds interesting, I have been taking the Tri-max and I think its keeping me up at night. I stopped taking them today so I will see what happens.
    Tab enjoy your night out. I am sure when you follow through with the maintence you will be fine.
    Kathy I have been bugging you all day, am I keeping you from work.
    Lisa i like the cheese curls from LA and the breakfast bars are good but the breakfast bars I think are about the same as the Nutri grain ones. I don't like fat free dressing either most of the time I use a reduced fat one.
    Diane
  • Tab, Kit Kat, Diane and Kim thanks for your advice. I did purchase some of the bars in bulk. They gave me 4 options and I chose the one that would get me through the weight loss and stabilization phases, but not maintenance. I figured that buying the bars is cheaper than continuing to support my chardonnay habit. I blew it on Friday night. My husband and his buddies have rented a sailboat and are cruising around in the caribbean so my neighbors took me out for dinner and dancing. They chose a neighborhood Italian restaurant that specializes in pizza for dinner. I had a couple glasses of wine and lawl was the last thing on my mind. However, I'm back on track. I knew that there would be obstacles, but I didn't figure that I'd blow it on the 5th day.

Tab- I'm 5'3.5" and began at 157.6. Currently I'm 152.??? My goal is somewhere around 120-130.
  • Hi, this is a message for I am Tab ....

I lost my weight at the end of 2002 and still stay in touch with 3FC because it helped me so much.

But so many people I see are not able to maintain. I fear that I will have to watch what I eat and drink for the whole of my life now. I am finding that I can eat a little more of the things that I couldn't when I was trying to lose weight, which helps. But still, it seems like a hard burden to bear for the next 40 years.

Sorry if this is a bit of a depressing read, maybe I'm just having a bad day.

• Good Morning Everyone!!

Well it is Monday a start to a new week. I have to say that I did pretty well with my eating this weekend. I had happy hour at Chillis on Friday night and all I had was water.....I watched people drink margaritas and eat free hot wings and chips and salsa. Not that I really care for that stuff my thing would have been chocolate cake or something...can't pass that up.

I weighed in on Saturday and I was back down. I lost 3.2lbs on Saturday....so now I am only 1.8lbs from goal. But I have done some soul searching these last couple of days. If I don't make it to "my goal" I am going to be happy with where I am. I am the smallest that I have ever been so I need to start being happy with that and not focus so much on the number on the scale. On Saturday night I went to a pampered chef party and the theme was Mexican/Margarita...and to say the least i did pretty good. I made my self a small taco salad...of course no chips...but I had meat and veggies and you all know me I had to have a piece of the margarita pie...which wasn't that great but it was sweet. So I did quite well. Then on Sunday I was back on plan.

This is my last week of weight loss and then I start the stabilization or maintenance...I can't remember which comes first. I will weigh my last time this coming Saturday and I would love to be down those 1.8lbs but if I am not I am not going to beat myself up.....This has been a long journey but we can do anything we put our minds too.

lvegeaia....And why aren't you out sailing around the carribean with hubby??? That sounds wonderful right now....I am glad that your friends took you out...sounds like you had a great time. Yes, you will find that there is always an obstacle but...you can get around them with caution. I too am 5'3 but I started at 173lbs...so I had a lot more to lose than you. Not that it makes a difference no matter how much we have to lose it is a struggle. Sounds like you made a wise choice with the bars. You will learn to like them. What did you set as your goal weight? How many weeks did they say it would take to reach your goal?

NickyB....How much weight did you lose?? Have you been able to keep it off?? I already know that it will a constant struggle for me. I like food too much. I think about food too much. So I know I have an up hill battle from here. My heighest weight was 252lbs and I am now 131.8 and it has taken me 5yrs almost 6 to get here and I have struggled almost everyday. I have lost and regained some of the weight. I know that I have to watch what I eat...I think I have learned my trigger foods...and the foods that I have to have in moderation...but...I try not to be discouraged which is hard but I just try to make it day by day. Not easy.

Well everyone enjoy their day and I will check back in later. Have a good one.
  • Tab- Congratulations on your weekend weightloss. You should be proud of your success. If you keep that same willpower that you had this weekend you'll probably lose those last pesky 1.8 pounds. My goal weight is the same as yours (130). I bought 18 weeks of weight loss. That should cover any slip ups. Hopefully I'll be there in 14 weeks. Mike is on a guys only boat trip that they take annually. We'll take a vacation together this summer once when school lets out. I might also go to the UK to visit a teacher friend who has taught with me for the last 2 years. She is going back home to teach.
  • bars other than LAWL bars?
    Which bars other than the ones they sell at the centers are nutritionally equivalent to the LAWL bars? I need to make a decision by Thursday when I use their one time certificate to purchase in bulk. Any help would be appreciated.

[email protected]
  • Good Morning Everyone....

How is everyone today? I am doing good. Weighed in last night not a bad weigh in for being in the evening...I was up 1lb from my saturday morning weigh in. Which is no big deal...I am always up in the evening when I weigh in. I talked with the center last night about stabilization. As of this coming Sunday I will be on stabilization. If on Saturday I hit my personal goal of 130 then so be it...if not....I made my goal weight for LAWL actualy I am 10lbs lighter than my goal......soooo....I did what I could...but during stabilization you have a 5lb play area....so that I should be able to do. I am excited about stabilization....I get to add in different foods...whoooo hooooo....after 6 months of this eating anything would be different...I will even get to have bananas...imagine that. Not in the first 2 weeks of stabilization but I will get them.

Lvegeais......Ohhh yes...you should hit your goal by then. And it is good that you accounted for the slip ups...because they do happen...but we just have to get right back on plan the next day. Sounds like your hubby should be having a great time on his guys trip. Me and my girlfriends take a trip to the beach every year....everyone forgets about life and kids for a couple of days and we have a great time. Me and my hubby were planning on taking our 1yr wedding anniversary cruise in October.....but he started a new job and will be on probation soooooo we may take a trip out to Las Vegas for a long weekend. Not the same as a cruise but....that will come. He loves his new job and we don't want to do anything that will jepordize it. I am actually meeting him tonight for the spring fling....it is a cookout that the county provides for the officers....sooooo I will get to meet the guys and girls on his shift...I like to put faces with names when he talks about people. He has only been there 2 weeks so he is very new. Doesn't know too many people so I will be his support.

Njsonja....I have been on LAWL for six months and I have been doing the Luna Bars....I really enjoy them. Also, I have tried the Balance bars. My center gave me a free box when I joined and I cut off the nutritional information and I went to Walmart and started looking at all the bars. Also, the new Slim Down drink they sell is pretty close to Slim Fast which equals a protein and a startch...I also eat the cereal bars made by Kellogs...same as the ones that LA sells....and alot cheaper...they equal a fruit and startch. But if you have the money I would say buy in bulk it is cheaper and the bars that LA sells are pretty good. But it is all about what you can afford and 6 months ago I could not afford to buy the bars in bulk. I had just gotten married and we were still paying for wedding stuff. So when they told me that it would be like $1200 for bars....my jaw about hit the desk. So I have made it work for me. I hope that you keep posting with us. We are all working towards the same goal...to lose weight.

Everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.....