Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #46  

Good Morning,

Today is a new day for me. I got into some icecream over the weekend. That's just one of my weaknesses. I think i'll be walking the straight and narrow for a while. I'm so glad to be back on the board. I have been writing often to Diane who's also on the board and that has helped.

Kimbova- I think it might be a good idea for you to put your weeks on hold, since you can't make it to the centers and you are basically doing the program on your own anyway. Save them for when you have time but continue doing the program on your own.

Jibbelle and Irises- I get a snack attack around 3:30 at work. It's the weirdest thing. lol I don't have any LAWL bars, and I was getting kinda sick to them anyway so I have a balace bar or a luna bar to curve the craving.

Kathy
192/178/130
Old 03-31-2003, 11:08 AM   #47  

Yes, I totally agree!! You have to be in the right frame of mind.

Last week, I was on this total eating binge! Nothing was off limits to me. I just couldn't stop. I don't know what got into me but if you are a binge eater, you understand.

Well, I made my appointment to LAWL this morning at 10:30am. I will let you all know how it goes.

I am sure they will tell me that I need to lose 40lbs. That's when I'm going to say, that at my age 44, I'm never going to be a Pencil and I don't want to be either.

20-25lbs will work just fine for me.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I'll let you know about my appointment soon.

skychick
Old 03-31-2003, 11:11 AM   #48  

Hello Everyone!!

Wow...I wasn't around all weekend and boy I had a lot of reading to do this morning. That is sooo wonderful.

I had weigh in on Saturday and I was down 1.4oz....I am slowly but surely getting off the 3.2lbs that I gained last monday. I have weigh in again tonight...not so sure it will be a good one. Weekends when my husband is home are hard for me. He likes to eat. And I try to be good but he likes to eat out. And he likes to eat out at buffet's. He likes the variety of foods. So we went out to dinner on Saturday....I did so so....I could have done better and I went in with all the intentions of doing salad and chicken...but as usually for me the sweets started calling my name. So I gave up the food and hit the sweets. Sooooo again..if I am up it is my fault. I went right back OP on Sunday.

KitKat3NY....Welcome back...I posted here with you several months ago....Glad to have you back.

Kim....I know exactly what you mean about the variety. I have a hard time with that too. I too think that LAWL is strict and at first I didn't think that I was going to be able to do it. But I have lost 30lbs since November so something has to be working. I went between WW and LAWL and for me I am glad that I went with LAWL. I am sure that you know what you want to do....and what every decision you make that will be the right one for you. My center is only 5 minutes from my gym so that make it very convient for me to go 3x a week. And I need to go 3x because I need the structure. And we know you exercise so that is not a problem...*smile* You just need to find what is right for you. Just know that we are here for you.

Jib.....Wait till the wedding gets closer....if you can imagine you will be more excited then. It was the best. I would do it all over again.....Except this time I would not gain the weight. I gained about 20lbs 6 months prior to the wedding. As mentioned in a previous post I was not in the right state of mind. I bought my dress in February (and it was a little big) and by October when I got married I had to have it let out. Thank goodness that the seamtress could do that. Then the honeymoon...all the food on the cruise...Needless to say I was upset with myself after all was said and done so that is why in November not even a month after my wedding I joined LAWL. Which is the best thing I could have done. I went shopping yesterday and I was able to buy a size 8 jeans....and just for fun I put on the size 6 and they were too tight but I got them on and zipped. I am looking to lose about 10lbs. And I know I can do it...because I see the results. I too have a "danger zone" and that comes in the evening right after I have dinner...I usually save my bar for that time...but sometimes I want more.

Chubbyskychick...Welcome to the board...Let us know how your appt goes on Monday. Just be prepared for all the cost.

Monkeybabies....Don't get down. What works for one may not work with others....LAWL is a very strict plan. But you can do it. There is no right time to diet...but you have to want it. Maybe after Easter and your trip and things seem not so hectic you can re-evalute things and you will find it easier. Keep us posted...let us know how things are going. Believe me....I have a hard time everyday...and for the last couple of weekends I have been messing up. And I have no one to blame but my self. I wish I could find an excuse. I just need not to eat the stuff that I do. Sooo it is still a struggle even for those of us that are losing. Cheer up!! Things will get better.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:31 PM   #49  

Boy, we've been busy here this morning!

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and not throwing me off the board. I really need to find out what works for me. I do believe LAWL works, I have no doubt about that, but I need just a little more freedom. I think I'm going to put my membership on hold for 1 month. If I see myself gaining any weight than I'll go back. I have this terrible mind set that if I want it, I should be able to have it even if it's only a bite. That's probably why I'm where I am write now .

Hopefully, you girls won't mind me staying on this board. I've really enjoyed and have actually been faithful to writing, which is not the norm.

Tab--I did join the gym for 3 months around my way on Friday evening. My membership starts 4/1 throu 6/30, so I look forward to working out some evenings. My first will be tomorrow. They open 7 days a week, right now I workout 6 days and I might add on every other Sunday. This weekend would have been perfect, my hubbie had to work all weekend long. I guess I could have had them change my start date but I really want to go 6/30 and then I'll evaluate myself and decide if this is something I want long term.

Well, I won't be going back for a second workout today but I did get an hour in half in this morning so I'm pleased with that.

Until later, have a great day!

It's good to see a lot of activity
Old 03-31-2003, 02:47 PM   #50  

Kim.....That is great about the gym membership. You will have new equipment and new aerobic classes. That is always a nice change. I get bored sometimes with my gym. I love it but just like the diet I need variety. I wish you all the best.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:15 PM   #51  

I left work early today with a terrible headache....after some drugs and a nap I am feeling much better. I think I am skipping my visit to the center though....I do not really feel like going back out again.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:31 PM   #52  

Tab, thanks for the welcome back! Congrats on loosing 30# since the last time I was on the board because I left in Nov. WTG! Are you going to do the April Exercise Challenge that Semo organizes? I finished my goal for February and March for the first time! Can back!

Kimbova- I agree w/ your decision.

Jibbelle- Glad your feeling better and all drugged up. lol

Kathy
192/178/130
Old 03-31-2003, 05:44 PM   #53  

LOL

It was just Advil....nothing too good. hehehehe
Old 04-01-2003, 07:07 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone....

Well as I guessed I was up 8oz last night at weigh in. I have got to be more careful over the weekend. I am gaining and losing the same 3lbs. It is usually Saturdays that get me. This Saturday won't be so bad because my husband is working midnights....but the problem will be Friday night. Me and my girlfriends are going to see Tim McGraw at the MCI Center in Washington, DC and I know they will want to go to dinner. I will survive....*smile*

Kitkat.....I am not sure about the exercise challenge. When I actually have to write it down I realize that I proably do too much. I know that sounds crazy but I am obssessed with working out. I workout at work and at home and the weekends. And right now I will be doing more since my husband just started his shift of midnights. I go to gym to keep my self busy. Or I go shopping. Which I have done a lot of since losing these 30lbs. So maybe next month. Glad to see you back. Are you still doing WW?

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Good Morning Everyone,

It's really great to ready soooo many posts. It's taken me awhile to catch up on everyone. I've been doing great up until the weekend. We were out searching for homes all day on Sunday and decided to eat dinner out........BIG mistake. I was up 3lbs yesterday morning. The good news is that I'm not giving up. Normally, I would just QUIT-----------but, I'm not. LAWL started me on a two day to help cleanse the body. I'm already down 2lbs and feeling better.

I got a 6am spin class in morning and hope to get a 45 min TREK class later today. My eating is always much better on the days I exercise.

Stay positive everyone and have a healthful day.

Kim - The Sport and Health is on Post Office Rd in St. Charles. Are you familiar with the area? Do you like the Waldorf center. I really like Carol, she's very knowledgeable.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:05 AM   #56  

SnapyGing....I was up 3lbs last week I know excatly how you feel. I was up 3lbs last Monday. And I am still trying to lose those 3lbs. I ate out and it was week before TOM.....TOM is this week so I am hoping to see a bit of a lose. And then I think I might do the 3day. You and I have the same goal weight. I would like 130 but I will be very happy with 135. I got to 137 and then went back to 140. So I am trying again. So fustrating but we can do this...I know we can.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:29 AM   #57  

Good Morning,

I did pretty well yesterday. I got into some cookies here at work, which i'm a little upset about but good news is I lost the 2# I gained over the weekend.

SnapyGing- the weekends are my worst days as well. It's like I feel i'm not having a good weekend if I don't pig out. I don't know why I always thing weekends is the time to eat and then I ruin all the progress I do on the weekdays in just 2days.

Kathy
192/176/130
Old 04-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #58  

Default Good afternoon ladies,

What a busy day today has been. I've been trying to get to this site all morning but everytime I turned around there was something or someone waiting on something! It's been that kinda year for me, rush rush and I hate it.

Anyway, it's been nice to read everyone's post and thanks for the support I've received with just thinking about changing plans. Anyway, it's that TOM for me and I worked out extra hard this morning. Isn't that crazy! I hate feeling like anything is beating me down, but the weight seams to be the one thing that I'm still having problems getting a handle on. I've been feeling a little under the weather lately, this hot one day, snow the next is working on my allergies some kinda bad. Tomorrow it's suppose to be 70 degrees.

Tab-don't worry, you'll do fine. Tonight will be my first night at the gym around the way, so I'm excited about that. I still worked out for a while this morning but it will be nice to do it in the evening time. It will definately help me. Inspite of how I feel, I'm going, it's paid for so why not!

KitKat-It's so easy to put it on but it always takes time to get the weight off. I'll never understand how the body always want to hold the fat but it doesn't like letting it go so quickly.

Snapy-Yes, I'm very familiar with that area but there's one even closer to me that's in White Plains, MD off of Charles Crossing Dr. I need to go over to Old Post Office Road today so I'll check it out as I'm heading toward the FedEx building. I'm not sure who Carol is, the day I actually joined the place was running over with counselors but now every time I go there is only 1 person trying to handle everyone. The lady that sits at the front desk normally helps me, she's fun to deal with.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone and I'll check-in tomorrow. I've difinately written to much, have a great afternoon/evening!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Hey Tab - You are soooooooooooooo close to goal. How long has it taken you to get there! How much did you have to lose? You must look and feel great!

You're an inspiration to me and I'm going to use you as my role model.

What's normally on your menu for the day?

LET'S ALL GET TO GOAL!!!!

Have a good evening everyone. I'll check back tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:47 PM   #60  

Hi SnapyGing...When I started my weight loss journey over 5 yrs ago I wanted to lose over 100lbs.....and I have...I have been on LAWL since Nov and I have lost 34lbs....I have lost more...but I have gained and lost the same 3lbs for over a week now....I have a few slip ups. The slip up is usually peanut butter....I just crave it.

Yes...I am soooooo close to goal....so why do I keep messing up? I get soooooo ticked at myself when I mess up on the weekends. Or when TOM is coming and I eat almost a whole jar of peanut butter. See I don't crave food...I wants sweets and peanut butter....reese's peanut butter cups usually do the trick for me....but I eat about 10 minitures. I know...it is bad. The truth comes out....*smile*

My average breakfast is....4oz unsweet applesauce, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 piece lite wheat toast or Kashil Go Lean Crunch Ceral or a Cereal Bar. Lunch I have a salad, with a soy burger or 1/2 sandwich, and a piece of fruit, Dinner....I have a salad with some type of protein, starch and a fruit. Nothing exciting. But it works for me. Ohhh and I do eat 2 luna bars a day. I think they keep me in check because I want the sweets. I bought the cookbook....and the only thing I have made are turkey manwiches. But I am learning how to add variety to this diet. It is hard because it is so strict but strict is what "I" need. I just hope that I will be able to maintain once I hit maintenance. I just hope to get to maintenance.

yes....I am with you...lets all get to goal!!!!

We can do this!!
Closed Thread