3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL May thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/258302-lawl-may-thread.html)

juliemarie 05-03-2012 01:58 PM

LAWL May thread

Fine. I'll start one! :)

I'm dropping the Losers and Friends part . . .never really got that anyway . . . ;)

Newlife-30lbs! Fantastic job! :carrot::carrot:

3 more pounds to my mini-goal!

NewLifeNewMe 05-05-2012 07:08 AM

Hey JM - Thanks!! Yeah... it only took me a year :snail:
So I'd like to thank God, and the Academy... Hee! couldn't resist: it's Saturday, no work and feeling goofy today.

Seriously, I found this thread and saw a bunch of women who'd managed to lose 100lbs+ and you guys inspired me to make an effort last year... So where IS everybody? Come on this thing is too good for 4-5 posts a week.

PS: Go go go Juliemarie! 3lbs is nothing for you!!! :)

aguerin 05-08-2012 02:08 PM

Crickets. This is terrible.

Come on Ladies where's the chatter? Its May 8th already. Nobody has anything to say? Losses to Report?

I'm still hanging in there.

Hope all is well with your Mom Nichole.

Hello JM and Micky! Looks like its just usses.

Mama Nicole 05-09-2012 10:28 AM

Hi Friends :)

Life is busy, for all of us...........but I am happy to keep checking in and adding small baby losses :). I am going to set a new goal....a birthday goal. I didn't make my friend's wedding goal, but I was fine with that. I have had a continuous downward trend, and that is fine with me.

I will check in again soon, just wanted to stop in and say, "heeeyyyy."
xoxo

Mama Nicole 05-09-2012 10:30 AM

ok....so the mini goal is to be in Onderland by my birthday..Aug 5. I think I can do that :). i will build me ticker later.

Hoochie 05-09-2012 11:36 AM

Well, I have been MIA because I have put on weight and feel terrible. I am sitting at 177 pounds and dont get it! I work out 4 times a week so I know its what I put in my mouth....just so sad!
My goal is to lose 5 pounds by next Friday. I will let you know if I succeed. Water, water, and more water!!!!!!!

Joan

RobynM 05-09-2012 03:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have to admit that I've been lurking and not posting cause it was a little quiet.

Today I'm at 19.8# gone. So just one tiny step away from the next mini goal of -20#.

I recently bought a Pandora-like bracelet set that is for tracking weight loss. It's got different beads that have "LB"s listed (1LB, 5LB, 10LB, etc). So right there on my wrist is a reminder of how far I've come if I go to reach for that hot fudge sundae :D

Next goal is -26.6# lost = 10% of my starting weight. No particular timeline, as hubby and I are just following the program. Plus this Sunday will be tough with lunch with hubby's mother and 2 grandmothers and dinner out with my mother. But, our policy has been that if we have a less than stellar day eating wise but enjoyed ourselves, it's fine so long as we hop back onboard the next day.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I think for weight loss it probably is the story of the "hare". Slow and steady wins the race.

Sabriel23 05-09-2012 04:29 PM

Robyn- That bracelet sounds like a fantastic idea! Do you know what brand it is, or maybe where to buy one? I've been really wanting a visual for weight loss, like the jars with glass rocks or something, but a bracelet sounds WAY cooler. :)

I hope to be on here more often now, the school semester is finally over, and my life can resume. Pleased to announce being 21.5 pounds down as of today! I've set a goal to be in the 100's by July 1st, so a little under 2 months.
Congrats on the progress everyone, let's ramp up this conversation!

RobynM 05-09-2012 08:00 PM

Miranda,

If you google a woman named Kim Bensen, you'll find her web site. I ordered the charms from her (in my case, I ordered what she calls Journey Set B). I originally tried them on a regular herringbone-like bracelet. But I spend all day on the computer and they'd swing around and hang below my wrist and dangle against the keyboard.

So just today, as a matter of fact, I went to my Hallmark store and they had a bangle type bracelet where one of the end beads un-screws so you can slide the beads on the bracelet. With a "stopper" bead on either end of the weight loss beads (and given that I bought a bangle bracelet that is tight fitting), it sits right on the top of my wrist. I'll see if I can post a photo in my profile.

NewLifeNewMe 05-14-2012 07:11 AM

Hi Dixie, Hey-heyyyy Nicole, Joan, Miranda, Robyn! Great to see the chatter picking up.
Congratulations on the losses - Joan, are you using a tape measure? you're probably losing inches...
Robyn what a great way to stay motivated. I actually have an add-a-bead bangle and am on my way to look for Kim Bensen - thanks for the tip!
My sister had a b-day party Saturday, and the girl cooks better than anyone I know... so I'm up 2lbs but I had a great time. So back OP today!
Have a great week everyone!

RobynM 05-14-2012 05:58 PM

I did it!!!! :carrot:

I hit the 20 lbs lost mark. Actually 20.6# lost as of Saturday morning.

And then I promptly undid it. :o

Saturday - 35th wedding anniversary party and a wedding reception
Sunday - Mothers' Day lunch with in-laws and dinner out with my mom.

Today, back up 2.4 lbs.

Oh well. At least today and tomorrow are TakeOff. Since hubby's in the same situation, we decided to do TakeOff 2 (we usually do the "kickoff" version). So hopefully that get's us back on track. I figure much of it is water weight from the added sodium in the restaurant food and the alcohol at the parties :D

So next mini-goal, back to 20.6# lost by May 21 (one week). And up to 26.6# lost by June 11 (3 more weeks - 2 pounds per week). And that will be the 10% lost mark.

Hope everyone else had a less impactful Mothers' Day weekend.

almsthere 05-15-2012 02:23 PM

I'm back. I have found myself maintaining but not losing. So frustrating. I know it has to be sabatoging myself.

I am so sick of the stomach blob but yet it doesn't seem to stick long term. I know I can do this. 7 yrs ago, I was in the 130s. I know I can get there again.

Mini goal: I want to be in the 170s by Sunday, May 20th!

RobynM 05-21-2012 11:20 AM

Oh so quiet.

Oh well, I'll chime in. One week mini-goal accomplished. My goal was to be at 20.6# lost as of today. I'm actually at 21.2# lost. So yay!!! :carrot:

But I am so confused. Stay POP and lose maybe 0.2 to 1.0 pound per week. This weekend, I decided to be more flexible. Saturday night had a McDonald's double cheeseburger at 10pm cause I hadn't yet had dinner and I had a protein, 2 starches and a fat left. Did the same at lunch yesterday (we take Grandmother-in-law to church every Sunday and then she insists on McDonald's for lunch after church :D ).

And poof. Weight lost. I know I can't do that every day. But it's so odd that I lose weight in the days after I give in and have McD's (still within my daily allotment, although certainly not the healthiest choices).

Anyway. Back to healthy foods today. And 5.4# to go in the next 3 weeks to hit next mini-goal.

Hope the rest of you are well and are working towards your goals.

Have a good one.

suan 05-24-2012 07:57 AM

Just to let everyone know that LAtoyoudoor.com is offering 50% off everything today only. I ordered the LA Advantage one time shipment that includes the plan & 16 boxes of lites for $130 (shipping included). Got 8 boxes of Chocolate Mint (my favorite). Discount code MD50OFF.

suan 05-24-2012 07:59 AM

I'm still losing but unfortunately it's the same 2 pounds...

Hoochie 05-24-2012 10:44 AM

Still hanging around...starting eating a menu of 1200 calories per day as I see thats the only way I can lose weight. I was actually only starving on one day and I probably should have had more water. I want to be below 170 by the end of the month...my short term goal!
I think I need to keep busier in the evenings because thats the best time to snack!!! I used to drive my kids around when they were little to hockey and dance etc but they are all grown up now. Maybe its time to take a class of some kind or a new hobbie!!! hmmm
Anyways, good to see everyone...have to say...can't believe how many new faces are here. Its great to see!

Joan

katiedoll 05-25-2012 11:46 AM

I just finished takeoff and lost 4.6 lbs , I thought I found somewhere that it states foods to stay away from for the first couple days after doing Take off, has anyone else read something or I could just be losing my mind!
I need to lose 20 and gave myself a goal of June 9th to be down 10 even 8 I would be happy with .
I think I need to start posting , I do track and journal every day , I have not started exercising again yet , that is coming just have a few things to clear of my plate..

Hoochie 05-25-2012 03:06 PM

Lost 3 pounds this week! Yippee! Hoping to lose another 3 next week! I want to lose 10-12 pounds this month. Feeling pretty good!!!!
I think I am getting back on track!

Joan

tashfit38 05-27-2012 03:08 PM

Just starting

I am just getting ready to re-start LAWL. I am going to do the 2 day take off. I have the purple plan from before, as well as the red plan. I was wanting to know if anyone know what the weight level is for the purple plan. Also, after the 2 day take off can you have red meat? Thanks for your help. I am now at 186 Lbs and want to get back to my goal weight of 135 lbs.

tashfit38 05-28-2012 11:19 AM

OK, sorry for the first post. I did some more looking around and found the information that I was needing. I also found that I am not in the purple plan, but in plan 2 with a purple coded daily log. I did LAWL back in 2007 and had great success!!! I then went back to school and fell right back into the way I use to eat. I lost 16lbs when I was on LAWL. Now I have gained that back plus another 25lbs. I am determined to lose 40lbs, so I can have a healthy BMI and feel good about myself again.
As I mentioned I am on Plan 2, I ordered the Take Off and can't wait to get it!!! I do remember not being able to have red meat, but can not remember for how long? If anyone knows, please let me know. I do not eat much red meat to begin with but like to have it once in awhile.
Thank you!!! I can't wait to get started, and am so glad I found this wedsite!!!

Hoochie 05-29-2012 10:55 AM

tashfit38- Welcome to the site! Good luck with a new start.
I weighed in at 174 this morning and I feel good, really want to get under 170...thats my first goal!
Eating light is so hard for me, also I am down to two glasses of wine in a week. I usually drink a glass a day and call it a fruit but I am trying to ease that out of my system.
Anyways, have a great week everyone!

Joan

aguerin 05-30-2012 03:44 PM

I wish I could insert a cricket sound that would start up when the lookers accessed the page. LOL that would be funny.

What has happened to our support group? Hope all are doing well.

I must admit I have fallen off the wagon and can't seem to find my willpower or focus anywhere. :(

Hoochie 06-05-2012 01:01 PM

I feel like I am getting so much stronger! Last night, I did 45 minutes cardio and then 15 minutes rowing. Its was by far one of the best workouts I had in a while. My hubby pushed me to past my limit! He was acting like he was Jillian Michaels or something. I am feeling really good. I weighed myself this morning....172! Its coming off! I wish it would come off faster but I am happy with any number going down!!!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan

Hoochie 06-07-2012 12:59 PM

weighed in at 171 this morning, thats 9 pounds gone in three weeks!!! So excited!

Joan

barri1970 06-07-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoochie (Post 4362689)
weighed in at 171 this morning, thats 9 pounds gone in three weeks!!! So excited!

Joan

That is AWESOME! What plan are you following? I am doing the new plan 2 and I dont seem to be losing like I used to on the old colored plans. What about exercise...I am doing 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday but I am thinking that I need to increase it???

RobynM 06-07-2012 02:10 PM

Way to go, Joan!! 3# per week for 3 weeks is awesome!!

I've done the back and forth dance over the last couple of weeks. Today is -24# total, so that's great. I don't think I'll make -26.6# by next Monday (that was my most recent 3 week min-goal - to go from -20.6 to -26.6 in 3 weeks), but I'll be close.

Hubby's doing well too. He's down 22#.

Considering that we sometimes have downright lousy days and give in and have McDonalds or Dominos. Or, if there's a function at a restaurant, we go and enjoy ourselves. I'm proud of us for getting back on track soon after. Yes, it usually means re-losing weight we've already lost once. But it's been 5 months for me and 2 months for him and we always seem to be able to get back on the wagon.

Slow and steady. We've put on an average of 10 pounds per year since our wedding. So it's certainly coming off quicker than that. And although it's taken a lot of focus, shopping, planning, lunch packing, etc, it really hasn't been hard. As I said to someone else, easier than trying to run to lose weight. :D

All kinds of mini accomplishments to hopefully come in the next week or so.
A) -25# charm on my bracelet (which replaces the 6 of them that add up to -24# right now),
B) then an additional -1# charm when I hit a total of -26# lost,
C) at -26.2# I cross over into a lower "decade" (I haven't seen the 230s since probably some time in 2009)
D) and then the -10% charm when I get to -26.6#.

Using the list of little accomplishments to keep the motivation strong.

Plus, my sister emailed yesterday and asked for some info on the plan. It's working so well for the two of us that she's thinking of giving it a try too.

Hope everyone else is maintaining or finding their motivation to try and make their lives healthier. Take care.

Hoochie 06-08-2012 02:30 PM

I'm not sure if its my age or not but losing weight seems so much harder than it used to be! I have been eating 1100-1200 calories a day for three weeks. I count everything that goes in my mouth! I have stopped using my salt shaker completely. I have also switched to Splenda for my sugar. I have limited my wine intake to two glasses a week except last week, I slipped and had 4 glasses.
I am still loving the gym. I go 3 to 4 times a week and am now doing 45 minutes of cardio per session.
I think limited my sodium and sugar intake is the biggest thing I am doing for myself right now.
My daughters 17th birthday is tomorrow and she wants an oreo birthday cake so if I have a small slice, it just means that I need to work an extra 30 minutes at the gym.
I am 171 and just pumped to get out of the 170's! That is my first small goal.
I will let you know when I have accomplished it!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Joan