3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends April Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/256212-lawl-losers-friends-april-thread.html)

Repo girl 04-03-2012 09:20 AM

LAWL Losers and Friends April Thread

Seriously guys, how can I possibly be the one to start April?!

Mary- OMG, OMG, OMG! So great to see you!!!

Nicole- I finally pulled myself out of my pity party and took your advice. This girl is CARB FREE! I am losing really well and feel amazing.

I have been such a WL slacker, but I am ready to be back and make a difference for myself. It is my goal for all of us to make April an excellent month for losing weight and loving ourselves. :hug:

MTdebster921 04-03-2012 10:15 AM

Hi Ladies!!
Long time no see. I read thru last months posts and it's good to see some familiar faces.
Been thinking of joining the LA game again. Life has been crazy and stressful and healthy living has taken a back seat. Now it's time to do something about it!!
Have a great day everybody!!

juliemarie 04-03-2012 11:51 AM

Katie! Deb! So good to see you guys! I miss this group the way it used to be-with lots of posts. But with FB and their pages--you get more of that instant gratification than with forums like this! Maybe we should start our own FB page . . . .:)

Katie-I know what you mean about the carbs. The fewer carbs I eat-the better I feel .. . . .

lbrecycler 04-03-2012 07:00 PM

Happy April to all.

This loser wannabe fell off the wagon late last week, but I'm back on it now. I also fell victim to carboholism. Why are those Chewy Bread Products (CBPs) so gratifying??

One positive note- only 1 Diet Coke in 2 days! That's a major victory for me, I'm usually a 2 liter a day kinda girl.

Thanks for the support and keep healthy!

Dairy Fairy 04-03-2012 07:51 PM

I have been stumbling from my awesome start after gaining weight after my strep. UGH. I wll not be making Easter Challenge but I am so happy so many of you are doing awesome!

I got a new puppy this weekend! He is so smart and is adorable. He's already doing his potty outside. He has about 2 pee accidents a day inside but he is only allowed on tile and wood. Our upstairs is the only carpeted area and we carry him upstairs and put him straight in the kennel at night. For the most part he pees outside in just a few seconds. No poop accidents yet, knock on wood! My kids on the other hand...LOL

Repo girl 04-04-2012 12:45 AM

Deb, yay!!! It is so great to see you here!

Mary, fun! What kind of dog did you get? Don't worry about the strep weight, it will come off in no time.

Ibrecycler- Great job on the Diet Coke, pop is so hard on your system.

As for me, I had a great day, but got caught up too busy and missed breakfast and lunch. Hopefully it won't hurt me too much. Have a great night all!

NewLifeNewMe 04-04-2012 06:50 AM

158lbs on the scale 20 minutes ago :D - I can't think of a better way to start the day!!! I haven't seen the 150's in *8 years* and this feels SO good!

This forum is such a great help to me - reading the posts, even if I have nothing to report, keeps me focused and motivated. I know this sounds corny but I'm loving you guys right now.

JM, I'm going to try lemon water today and the facebook page sounds like a great idea. Katie - "lose weight, love yourself" is my new mantra. Have a great day everybody

:grouphug:

NewLifeNewMe 04-04-2012 07:04 AM

BTW if anyone has any tips for belly fat... :^:

Repo girl 04-04-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewLifeNewMe (Post 4279948)
Katie - "lose weight, love yourself" is my new mantra. Have a great day everybody

:grouphug:

:carrot::angel::cheer:

We CAN do this girls!

RobynM 04-09-2012 03:30 PM

Hello everyone,

Just checking back in after a few weeks away.

Although not quite as soon after vacation as we had originally planned, hubby and I got back on track last Monday. He lost 4 pounds and I lost 3 last week, so we're back off to a good start.

That brings me down to a total lost of 13 pounds since the beginning of the year. Given how many trips we've already taken this year for work or pleasure and how many weeks I was stuck with 12 hour work days and no energy after to get to a grocery store, I'm good with that.

Now the mission is to keep going.

Hope everyone else is on track, or getting back on track, with their individual plan. And for those of you celebrating, I hope you had a happy Easter or are having a joyous Passover.

HighSchlSkny 04-09-2012 04:41 PM

Hi all!
I have been looking over this page on this site for a loooong time getting the tips and plans and have finally decided to get back on track. I was with LAWL for a little over a year several years back and had much success with the program (until I learned how to cheat) and was within 12lbs of my goal when I got anxious and started to "alter" the plan. After going it on my own I was able to get some of the weight off but it was a long process then I got pregnant again and all of my hard work went out the window! Now I am back again with about 25lbs to lose and I am determined this time to get to that goal weight and stay there. Looking forward to taking this journey with you all!:carrot:

tonimaroni2 04-10-2012 10:44 AM

Hi everyone... I've been quietly watching the thread with no losses to report until today finally. 149.8, back under 150!! This feels so good. :)

Michelle Jaurigue 04-10-2012 11:36 AM

Hi everyone! I used to do LAWL, as I see alot of you have as well. I think I have all the cards (blue grn gld prp red & red plus plus) My weight is 228 & I cant remember which plan to start on...Help!!:?:

barri1970 04-10-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Jaurigue (Post 4287497)
Hi everyone! I used to do LAWL, as I see alot of you have as well. I think I have all the cards (blue grn gld prp red & red plus plus) My weight is 228 & I cant remember which plan to start on...Help!!:?:

you have the actual cards from the original plan...all the food is on a single laminated card? I have been searching for those cards EVERYWHERE! I only have the books, from when they changed from limiteds to no limiteds...

Would you be willing to send them to my email?

When I tell you I have been searching for them...I mean for YEARS I have been googling them like crazy and I have not been able to find them...

If you would be willing to send them to me I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!

my email is thestelmacks at gmail dot com..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

barri1970 04-10-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Jaurigue (Post 4287497)

Also...I have a book that tells you what plan to start at depending on your height, body frame etc...I will share if you share...lol

Michelle Jaurigue 04-10-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barri1970 (Post 4287592)
Also...I have a book that tells you what plan to start at depending on your height, body frame etc...I will share if you share...lol

Sounds good! Im so excited to start this plan again! The only time Ive lost weight and felt great was with LAWL!:carrot:

Michelle Jaurigue 04-10-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barri1970 (Post 4287577)
you have the actual cards from the original plan...all the food is on a single laminated card? I have been searching for those cards EVERYWHERE! I only have the books, from when they changed from limiteds to no limiteds...

Would you be willing to send them to my email?

When I tell you I have been searching for them...I mean for YEARS I have been googling them like crazy and I have not been able to find them...

If you would be willing to send them to me I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!

my email is thestelmacks at gmail dot com..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

yes I have the laminated cards! at least once a month my husband tries to thow them away!! lol he tells me "wth? its like these things are following me! Why are they in our bedroom now? You need to trash them!" & I tell him " trash you golf clubs !!!" lol I love him but I do not trust him with my cards! I carry them in my purse now! I have some errands to run as soon as I get back Ill send them to ya!

aguerin 04-10-2012 03:43 PM

Hi Ladies. Good to see all the old timers posting and all the new faces.

Had a great Easter but paid for it literally on Monday. I was sick as a dog from that Awesome Dessert I made myself sick with. Not really sure it was worth it, but it was devine!

Now I'm playing catch up. Can't decide if I want to go below my current weight which will take major effort or just ride this wave. I have to admit I cannot seem to find my willpower that has left me about 4 weeks ago.

Congrats on the WL for those of you who have some to report this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighSchlSkny (Post 4286444)
I was with LAWL for a little over a year several years back and had much success with the program (until I learned how to cheat) and was within 12lbs of my goal when I got anxious and started to "alter" the plan.

Wow is this speaking to me! Thanks for the wake up call. I too alter the plan, but so far have been successful (until recently when I can't seem to keep any "Will Power") Guess I'm going to have to get back to the basics.

NewLifeNewMe 04-11-2012 07:13 AM

Holidays... ugh. Huge Easter feast, then I went a little crazy and couldn't stop eating the wrong things: everything from chocolate bars to pasta. I was down to 157 last Saturday and I'm at 160 today (hangs head in shame). I've thrown away the leftovers, went for a 1/2 hour walk this morning and will be doing take-off for the next 2 days... 4 days to lose 5lbs... not likely but I'm gonna try anyway.

aguerin 04-11-2012 02:53 PM

Don't Sweat it Micky. Today is a whole new day. I myself ta ea day here and there to eat what I want as a reward. As long as the here and there is not each week. You will never make any progress. Easter is what I call a big dinner holiday, so I had to enjoy the special dishes that I don't normally indulge in or get any other time of the year. But, its over, lets look forward and hold out for Memorial Day!

I have resolved to not look at the scale until Monday. That way, if I'm self sabbotaging (sp) I won't be tempted cause I won't know if I've made any progress. Makes sense to me right now, cause I'm bored out of my mind. But this Friday is my anniversary (22nd) and I so don't want to spoil it by "I can't eat there" which has happened to me before.

Signed - Whinny Chick in AL. LOL

lbrecycler 04-11-2012 07:09 PM

Hi all!

Like several of you, had a lovely Easter. The scale, however, does not agree with this. I didn't even come close to the Easter Challenge goal but I'm gonna keep on truckin!

On a positive results note, this is week 2 without Diet Coke! I think the brain fog might finally be lifting too. And I've had no refined sugar or CBPs (chewy bread products) since Monday. This is a major score. Now we'll have to see what the scale says about it.

Welcome to the other folks coming on board, and thanks to those die-hards for constant motivation!

Mama Nicole 04-12-2012 09:21 AM

Hi friends.

Katie...sooo good to see you. I have been low carbing since the middle of January. I am down 19.8 lbs. It has been very slow, but it is going, once and for all. I am wholly convinced that I am going to rid myself of all of this fat forever. I am going to be healthy and strong. I am so happy you have re joined us.

I have been MIA for a spell because my Dad died last Wednesday. Even though he had COPD, it was very unexpected. I have made a conscious decision to NOT let this this event give me a permission slip to be fat. I did eat cake (shocker for those who know me) at his funeral....and was mildly less than perfect over the weekend, but stayed on the straight and narrow for the most of the time.

And to just transition into welcoming anyone new seems wrong, but there is just not much right about announcing your father's death.....so I am doing what I can to move along. So, welcome to everyone new...........and welcome back, DEB!!!! It has been quite a while. :). I grinned from ear to ear when I saw your picture. :).

Ok, must get some work done...just wanted to stop in and say hello :).
xoxo

MTdebster921 04-15-2012 11:51 PM

Oh Nicole, So sorry for the loss of your dad, will keep you in my prayers!!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back. I have dug out all my old stuff and am going to get back in the game this week. Hopefully I will have time to be more involved on the thread.

JM, you look wonderful and Josie is growing like a weed, she is so beautiful!!

juliemarie 04-16-2012 05:25 PM

I'm sure I had something to say here this morning, but now I'm so irritated at a certain individual replying to a million threads-most dating back to 2006, 2008 or 2009 asking for a free copy of the plan. sigh. At least buy someone dinner first before screwing them! (or join the group and get to know people before asking for handouts-not that anyone here has pdfs that I know of) :) Yeah, yeah---I'm a tad grumpy this afternoon. I really wasn't done with the weekend! And then work's been a bit crazy and frustrating . . . .oh well.

Hey to everyone! :wave:

NewLifeNewMe 04-17-2012 06:54 AM

Sincere condolences to Nicole... I lost my dad a while back and I know that it can be gut-wrenching.

Thanks for the good words Dixie - I didn't make 155 by 4/15 but I'm back down to 158. So I have 4 weeks to lose another 6lbs. Doesn't seem like much but my metabolism seems to have shut down lately. Time to start working out again *sigh*

Have a great week ladies!

MTdebster921 04-17-2012 10:51 AM

got all my old books dug out, must have thrown out the first ones I started with though, dangit! I did this for so long, I think I should remember!! Gonna go get some groceries today and start TO tomorrow. Wish me luck, haven't done it in over a year!!
Also found my 8 week body makeover papers and 6 week super slimming spring challenge if anybody is interested in doing one of those challenges in a couple weeks, just holla!

Anybody else use the myfitnesspal app? my username is mtdebster if you wanna send a friend request there.

aguerin 04-17-2012 02:27 PM

Hello Ladies. Welcome Back Deb! I still have that awesome cookbook you put together.

Nichole: I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for you and your family. There is nothing to be said that can make it any easier.

Nothing to report on the WL or plan status. Its just best to leave it at that. Sorry I can't be inspiring for any of you ladies, but you are in the right place for love and support.

Hoochie 04-17-2012 03:15 PM

Nicole- so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I dread that day as I still have both my parents. My husband flew to Vancouver this last weekend because his cousins son died. It was so sad....he died on his 27th birthday.

I havent been on here lately because food had been my enemy. I dont know what I weigh because I am too dam scared to get on the scale. I still am going to the gm 4-5 times a week and I love it.

I told my husband last night that I may try a diet center again. Since there isnt LA Weightloss anymore, maybe the Jenny diet. I need something and I just dont have the willpower lately to do it on my own.

My son and I are struggling with our relationship right now and its taken a big toll on me. He is 19 and knows everything. I am just an immature Mother who is crazy. I sat and cried this morning....just feeling like I dont know what step to take next. My kid is making bad decisions and I am helpless. Okay well I am sure none of you want to listen to me ramble so I should go.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Joan

juliemarie 04-19-2012 11:45 AM

Nicole-hope you all are doing okay. So sorry about the loss of your dad.

Deb-thanks for the compliment! And yes-Jo is getting so big. She turns 6 in June and I can hardly believe it!

Joan--it is hard to do it on your own. I did Jenny years ago-and while convenient, it is soo expensive and since you don't cook your own food--it doesn't really teach you how to feed yourself, you know? Just my 2 cents. While the weight loss will happen-it's keeping it off that's the hard part. I can't believe I'm going to suggest this-but a FB friend is a distributor for this weight loss stuff called ACE. While touts of "all natural" doesn't convince me -I mean arsenic is all natural!!!----it does appear to boost energy and lower appetite. I dunno . . .For people who don't have a ton to lose--it might be worth a try. Or a little more research. But of course, like anything, what happens when you stop taking it?

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and congrats on becoming a gym rat!

Dixie/Mickey--hang in there!

I finally broke into a new decade and am only 4 lbs from my first goal. Then I'm going to shoot for another 20.

lbrecycler 04-19-2012 08:28 PM

So sorry about your father, Nicole. I'm inspired by your determination not to let your loss set you back. My father just started on hospice, so I'm trying not to let food become the crutch. I'm trying to look at it as one of the few areas in my life I can control right now, so it will at least provide something positive.

I've been reading a book The Thin Commandments, he really preaches planning and strategy because willpower is unreliable. I'm trying to use it as a workbook and read a little every day. Got 3 more to go and then I'll be back in 140's!

Have a great weekend everyone-stay healthy!

Hoochie 04-20-2012 11:42 AM

Thanks Juliemarie! Maybe I will look it up. I did previously look into Weight Watchers but I never followed thru with it. I wish the LA Weightloss centre was still open because that is what worked for me the best. The eating thing is so hard fro me to do on my own. My girlfriend suggested me meeting with a nutritionist so I may give that some thought too. Portion is a big part of my problem. I know the day will come where I have it under control.
It took me years to quit smoking and I did it. I think its been over ten years now. I have committed to exercising now for 8 months so thats another accomplishment. My next challenge is my daily diet.....
Yes I have become a gym rat and I love it, who would have thought it! Im a regular now, so funny!
Have a great weekend ladies!

Joan

NewLifeNewMe 04-23-2012 06:54 AM

Joan - you should be soooo proud of yourself (I'm proud of you and don't even know you :))! Seriously, I have had a really hard time committing to a workout plan, and the last time I quit smoking I ate like the world was running out of food - and gained 40lbs. BTW have you taken your measurements? You've probably lost a lot of fat....

I'm still stuck at 158lbs... at least I'm keeping it off. The plan is to reach the 140's by July 1st and give up smoking for good. Wish me luck - Enjoy your day and stay OP y'all :carrot:

Repo girl 04-23-2012 07:52 PM

Hi everyone!

Mary- Knock, knock, knock....where are you hiding?

Nicole- Good for you for being determined to stick with your health lifestyle. I didn't and I have been very sorry.

Joan- Great to see you!

I am continuing to eat low carb/gluten free. My weight is slowly slipping down. I feel pretty darn good!

Keep loving yourselves ladies, we can do this together!

Sabriel23 04-29-2012 05:30 PM

Hello everyone!
Congrats on the progress and losses! I can report an overall loss since I started LAWL around St. Patricks Day of 17 pounds. It's so exciting, and kind of hard to fathom that that much weight is gone. I haven't noticed much of a difference appearance wise, but clothing may be fitting slightly better, and I'm feeling a lot better physically with this more balanced, healthy way of eating. I've recently started ramping it up at the gym, and got a personal trainer to work with twice a week. Here's hoping for elevated results!
Oh, and I've just recently gotten one of those big hefty BlendTec blenders. Does anyone else here like to blend foods, or maybe have some sources for recipes?

Mama Nicole 04-29-2012 10:18 PM

Thank you, everyone, for you kind words :). I am still holding strong with my WL efforts....although there have been a few bumps along the way. I think what I am loving right now, is that even if I eff up every now and then, I DECIDE...and I have a little something or another, and I continue on as usual. Before, I used to dive in, head first to fatty disaster. Now, I just dip my toes in every once in a while and stay safe. I feel good.

And JM....I agree. I wanted to say something the last time I came on here.....but I was really busy. This is NOT the kind of group to come to for free materials. It is NOT cool to ask for them. Enough said.

I will WI in the a.m., and try to catch up some more this week. I have been soo busy helping my mom get her affairs in order and with her blood and blood products. I dont' know if I told all of you, but her remission only lasted 2 months, and she is not doing any further treatment. She is receiving blood and blood products for comfort measures only. 2012 is proving to be kind of rough for my family, but we are still very happy to have what time we have together.

NewLifeNewMe 04-30-2012 07:01 AM

156lbs - Took me a while but I'm down 30lbs. Started walking again a week ago and it feels pretty good!
Off to face Manic Monday *sigh* . Have a great week all!

aguerin 05-03-2012 01:30 PM

Wow I can hear the crickets in here. Where is everybody. No May Thread yet?

What some slackers. LOL