SEPTEMBER - LAWL Friends

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hey gang..

Been a LOOONG time... But it's been a LOOONG year here in New Mexico.. Wildfires have been keeping me busy, but sadly, also sedentary (sp?)... Lots of bad choices when it comes to food and general laziness have not been kind to me..

So next week, following a trip out of town, I embark on a renewed diet plan... This time around, I'll be using a plan called Weight Not... I know several people who have lost a significant amount of weight on the plan so I'm hopeful it will work..

Kind of like LAWL, it involves preparing my own food and there are some suppliments involved.. I've researched it and it seems like something I can do. Liz will be doing it as well, without signing up for the formal plan, so we'll see if it works.. She has been doing Jenny, but it really didn't work for her.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hi... Remember to keep the salt content down and enjoy those little victories.. Especially the non-scale variety!
  • Hey guy! Long time no see! I guess with the exception of Facebook.

Just stopped in to say hello. I'm not on a diet per se, but I've been cutting out processed foods. I'd say about 80-90%. I've realized I can't motivate myself enough to "diet", but I can to get healthy. I haven't been weighing myself, but I know I've lost, I can feel it. Besides the weightloss, I feel amazing.

Not much else going on here. Graduated finally (!) in May, and am looking for a job. I've been on a few interviews, but nothing yet. And that's ok. I'm enjoying this stay-at-home wife thing!

Hi Dan, Nicole, Joan, Angie, Jillian, and newbies!!
  • Nancy -- Yes that's exactly what I was referring to, this thread used to fly. I miss a lot of people I remember from then. Every now and then people check in here, that's the main reason I keep visiting this thread. I'm not even doing LAWL now, but I like the people!

Frogme -- Sorry its slow here lately...I do try to check in regularly, but sometimes I forget!

Jillian -- Hi there!

Nicole -- Hello! Did you get your ticker straightened out? How did back to school go for your kids?

Barri -- Please jump in and chat, it helps to have a lot of people participating.

Joan -- It's getting cold quickly here too. Sounds like life is very stressful for you lately, good job on not gaining through all that. Hope your new program is going well.

Dan -- Hi there! When I see a fire on the west coast I always think of you..lol. I have a friend in another thread from NM, she was evacuated this summer at one point. Say hi to Liz

Amy Congratulations on graduating! What kind of job are you hoping for?
  • Morning to all...Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I seem to be getting pressure from a lot of my friends to try Weight Watchers. We have a WW center that is local. I am tempted because I will get the accountability to have to go and stand on the scale in front of someone...I am so confused I dont know what to do. I know LAWL like the back of my hand but there is no support or accountability anymore...I dont know what to do...PLEASE HELP...!!!
  • Barri-do what you need to do to succeed. Neither WW or LAWL are magic. They're just diets. If you NEED the accountability/weight-ins, then by all means-give WW a shot. LAWL became a much harder diet to follow when the centers closed down. There's definitely something to it.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • Wow! Feels like reunion week. Nice to see so many of the old gang here and that so many are doing so well. Jillian- wow... WOW. .... did I say wow?? Nice job. You look fantastic. Good to see others too, Julie, Amy, Nicole, Dan, Angie....
  • Quote: I been a member for several months & still can't get the diet tracker.
    I believe it is about the number of posts you have written or something silly like that. It did not used to be like that when I first came to this lovely site years ago. In the upper left corner area there is a tab that is not very easy to see and it is labeled user cp. That is where you would add a signature or profile picture. If you want to try to get a ticker, just click on one of mine....it should open a new window for the ticker factory. You can then click make a new ticker and go from there. If for some reason it doesn't open a new window, you can go to tickerfactory.com. Once you have created a ticker, you will have to copy the bbl (i think that is what it is called) near the bottom of the page and then paste it into your signature in the user cp. I hope this makes some sense.

And welcome to all the newbies and old a$$es too .

I took the week off of my workouts last week. My left knee was all jacked up and squishy and sore. It felt like it was going to snap if I straightened my leg comletely. I think my walk in the hood was a bit too long . So, in the a.m, it is back to the gym for me for some biking and treadmill. Tues and Thurs. are my lovely, lovely no children a.m.'s and it's all about the gym for this girl. .

Ok, time for bed
    xoxo
  • Hey guys!

Angie- I've always worked in staffing/recruiting/hr, so I'm hoping tonstay in that vicinity. My degree is in 'Sustainable Business'-whatever that means!

It does sound like reunion week! Let's get this thing to like 5 pages! Ha!
  • OMG, it is a reunion. So nice to see everyone!

I am down 1 pound this week but feel really good about it. My husband and I joined a gym for a one year period. The equipment is awesome! I went 3 times last week and I feel really good about it. I know how to use all the cardio equipment but I need to learn about the weight equipment and I am a little shy but Ill get there!
    I absolutely love working out at the gym compared to my home! This is going to be my year!

Work has been overwhelming but I am slowly getting a handle on things. Had a "big" talk with my son last night about life choices! Who said parenting is easy! Anyways, should get back to my desk full of paperwork.

So so nice to see some familiar faces!!!!!!

Joan
  • hello to all, just a quick hi and hope everyone is doing well! i'm still keeping up with my running schedule and fitday and have been maintaining for awhile now, which is perfect.
  • Hey there everyone! It's a happy day; my son got his cast off today (broken leg) and we partied it up by going to see the lion king in 3D. He loved it, I don't think we had ever watched that movie before and he was laughing most of the way through it.

2.6lbs to go to ONEderland for me...but I'm duking it out with the evil sodium gods today, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • Angie- Good for you, so close to a huge goal! I went to the gym again last night after work and had a great work out. I didnt get home to eat dinner until 7pm. Another work out tonight and then I am heading to BC for the weekend with my sister on Friday.
    Have a great day everyone!

Joan
  • Good job on your work out Joan!

And I just have to share...

I AM IN ONEDERLND!!!!

It took over a year (well 10 yrs actually) and I finally did it!! I'm pretty excited - it's like when I turned 10 yrs old and I felt like I had changed overnight!
  • congratulations Angie!!!!
  • Congrats Angie! I will be joining you shortly!