3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La Weightloss # 61 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/23690-la-weightloss-61-a.html)

dianem1 01-12-2003 10:27 AM

La Weightloss # 61

I think we are ready for a new one.
Diane

Jibbelle 01-12-2003 10:28 AM

I think you are right...thanks!

GringaGordita 01-12-2003 10:41 AM

hey guys, been off the computer for a couple of days so i'm trying to catch up. xytx, guys can be such a$$es sometimes, even with the best intentions. sorry your guys shook you up before the big test. glad to hear everyone else is staying on program and doing well. spring manor, i think you said you were down almost four pounds, excellent! you've done really well on the program, and i really admire you getting down to it again.

everything is okay with me...had a little bit of a binge day last thursday...which is about normal considering TOM arrived on saturday. was down a little bit at weigh-in yesterday though, so i'm happy. had an excellent meeting with the LAWL counselor. talked about switching programs, exercise, food, etc. realized that some of the food i've been using to get my protein in may be hurting me. i'm a big believer in frozen chicken breasts, fish, etc. turns out that a lot of that stuff has a sodium like preservative in it that may be causing me to retain extra water. now i've determined to buy fresh when it's on sale, and freeze it myself in individual serving sizes. also realized that i'd inadvertently been cheating myself out of protein. for some reason, i was only getting 6 ounces of chicken and turkey when i'm supposed to get 8. i guess i got confused with all my measuring.

well, i'm on the road again for a while, so i probably won't be posting until mid-week. lets all try and stay on program!!!

Jibbelle 01-12-2003 11:30 AM

I never looked at the sodium content on the frozen chicken breasts until I joined LAWL. I was shocked!! I buy the fresh breasts when they are on sale and freeze them 2 breasts/package. Enough for both my fiance and I....or two meals for me. Sometimes 3 meals when the breasts are large!

xYTx 01-12-2003 08:22 PM

Thanks for the support, ladies. We had "the talk." I got everything out, and things are better now. AND I managed not to eat everything in sight that evening. I think correcting my bingeing behavior before it started helped me feel a little more empowered about the whole ordeal.

I buy mass quantities of meat (usually lean chicken breasts and ground turkey) at BJ's (like Sam's Club) and freeze them until they're needed. My counselor at LAWL also warned me about the sodium. I had no clue! I am horrible at cooking, so I usually cook up a couple pounds' worth of turkey burgers and just flavor them with different things every meal. I am a big fan of buffalo sauce. It's almost like eating buffalo wings. I also do lemon juice sometimes, or fat free italian dressing.

My mother sent me a copy of the Body For Life audiobook, and I've listened to the first 30 min. or so. I am not sure what I think yet. People on this site swear by it. I'm particularly interested in the combination of high protein intake (like LAWL) and weightlifting. I'm thinking about trying their workouts.

I haven't been able to start WW yet because of the class, but I only have 2 more weeks left. AND they're running a free registration deal, so Kevin and I will be there as soon as my class finishes :)

I am Tab 01-13-2003 10:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone...

Just wanted to post a quick post. These past few days have been pretty stressing on me. On Thursday night, it seems that my husbands mother and sister wanted to create drama. So when they create drama my husband is usually pulled in the middle and when it happened this time I choose not to keep quiet. Which caused some discussion between us. Not really an argument but some issues that we need to take care of. And from this I just didn't feel like eating dinner so I went to bed.

Then on Friday night I went to the hospital to visit my uncle who has been diagonsed with cancer. He has been in the hospital since Dec 26th and I just have not been able to visit. So when we left hospital I was too upset to eat so I didnt eat dinner again.
But I have been to the hospital several times since Friday and I am glad that I decided to go.

Well I went to weigh in on Saturday and our center was a complete mess. We only had one counsler working. It seems that everyone called in sick with the stomach flu. Well I was told to weigh my self and that we would talk next visit. So I didn't get to ask about the blood work. Well when I weighed my self I was down 3lbs. That is great but I am not sure it was done the healthy way. I didn't eat dinner those two nights. I will weigh in tonight and we will see what happens.

Thanks for listening..or I should say reading...it has felt good to get some of it off my chest...I would bore you if I went into detail.

Will post any gains or loses tomorrow. Keep up the good work and our progress will show.

dianem1 01-13-2003 06:26 PM

Tab:
Sorry about your uncle.
My center was buzy on Saturday, I had to leave and come back.
Diane

kathie351 01-13-2003 07:36 PM

Tab,
I hope your uncle is feeling ok. I had breast cancer in 1990, and know how stessful this is on family and friends. Hang in there.
Kathie

I am Tab 01-14-2003 08:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks for all the support. Some days are good and some days are bad. It is a good thing that my mom has a large family because someone is with my uncle at all times. Thanks again it really means alot. Keep our family in your prayers.

I went to weigh in last night and I was up 1lb and that is due to the fact of me not eating dinner for 2 nights. I was starving my body. I still lost the 2lbs so that is still keeping me on track. I am down a total of 22lbs since November 6th. I only have 6lbs to go. These will be the hardest 6lbs.

Well today is my husbands b-day. We are going to dinner with his father tonight. Not anything really fancy we are saving that for Saturday night. On Saturday night we are going to Morton's Steakhouse. It is his favorite resturant and since it is so exensive we only go there on special occasions. Of course I don't mind going because I just love chocolate and they have this dessert call Godiva Chocolate Cake and it is just pure heaven. We are going with friends and I will not be sharing my cake. Call me greedy but this is just one of the things that I refuse to give up. Might set my weight back a little but I am prepared for it.

Everyone have a great day.

xYTx 01-14-2003 08:52 AM

Tab,

You and your uncle are in my thoughts. I'm glad he has so many people who care for him. Congratulations on your success! 6 pounds to go!! That must feel incredible. I know we're not supposed to, but I don't think it would be possible to be successful in a weightloss plan without a little cheat every once in awhile. Enjoy that Godiva Chocolate Cake :)

I considered it a success when I noticed that I began planning for a treat days in advance. Before, I'd order a dessert wherever we went for dinner, no matter if it looked really delicious or not. I felt almost compelled to finish up dinner with something sweet. I think that way of eating made me forget that sweets are occasional treats, and something to enjoy. They were just part of the meal to me. I consider this progress.

I'm back down to my "fighting weight" these days, but having trouble losing. I'm so busy, it's pretty easy to stay OP. I'd love to see the 140's before Valentine's Day :) I can't recall a time when I weighed in the 140's. I need a boot in the butt to get to the gym, because that's what broke my last plateau.

yinyang 01-14-2003 11:19 AM

I haven't been on the boards for a few days. I had a birthday and ate out twice and had cake at work. Put me up a pound, but that is over and I am back OP. I have been so busy that it has been hard to get my workouts in.

I am sorry for all the challenges some of you have in your lives. We are here to listen and hope it helps. It seems like everyone is getting along okay and staying mainly with the program.

Spring is coming -- faster than we think! It will give you a kick start to imagine getting into a pair of shorts.
Hannah

kathie351 01-14-2003 03:17 PM

Went to the center yesterday and was up .8 I knew it was water(I had 2 chicken wings on Sun.) I went back today and was down 1.4. I am now157.6. I want to get to ABOUT 130. This makes 17.8 for me.
Kathie

Jibbelle 01-14-2003 03:57 PM

doing great Kathie....keep it up!!

I am going through a refinance nightmare! argh...what a disaster!

GringaGordita 01-14-2003 04:20 PM

hey guys, just checkin in to see how things are. won't get weighed until tomorrow. should be the same or a little bit down even with the traveling and tom. tab, sorry to hear about the health problems in your family. my thoughts are with you.

RFP 01-14-2003 05:07 PM

Tab
Good luck on the last 6, you must be very proud of yourself!! My thoughts are with you on your uncle.
I went up.6 today. I am PMS, so I'm hoping that's what it is. I have been following the plan, but dinner time is hard. Around 5-5:30, when I'm fixing dinner for everyone is when I want to snack (couple pretzels). I am also having a hard time with my hard candy. During the day I like to have a few pieces, any suggestions.

Jibbelle 01-14-2003 06:00 PM

RFP-
Buy sugar free hard candy. : ) I have some that really isnt too bad. It only has a couple calories per piece. I learned this trick from WW.

kathie351 01-14-2003 06:27 PM

I belong to an LAWL group on Yahoo and one of the women said that she compared labels, and found Metabolife WITHOUT ephedra. She said it is close to Trimax. What are your thoughts? Is ephedra the only dangerous ingredient in Metabolife? As far as I know, it is.
Kathie

Jibbelle 01-14-2003 08:12 PM

I have no idea about that one....

RFP 01-14-2003 10:45 PM

I don't know anything about metabolife. I am taking the tri Max and the fb500 and don't have the cravings that I did when I was on WW.
Kathie- How's the weather in Buffalo. We use to live in Amherst quite a few years ago. It's a great town.

I am Tab 01-15-2003 09:21 AM

Good Morning Everyone..

Thanks again for all the wonderful positive post about my uncle. It gets harder every day.

Kathie251..I had not had any supplements so I can not help you with that. I would just compare the too bottles. My friend and I did that with the LA Lites and Luna bars. We cut the information off the LA Lite box and went to Walmart and compared all the bars. And we did it with the cereal bars and the biscotti.

RFP...When I get the craving I chew gum. I have a hard time in the evening also. Specially when I am making my husbands lunch and I have to put the potato chips in a baggie for him. I want to just taste one. Or the other night we did chicken breast on the grill and he wanted french fries...boy that was hard and yes I gave in and had a few. Man...they were good. I am very happy with only 6lbs left. But I think these last 6 might give me some trouble. Last night was my husbands b-day and we ate out with his father. And on Saturday we are having dinner with friends. I am hoping to have it off by Valentines. .6 is good for PMS. I usually go up 1.6 but it comes off as soon as I start. If you are on plan I am sure it is just extra water.

xYTx...I know what you mean about the desserts. I am a big fan of sweets. I thought I was supposed to have one after dinner. So to be able to enjoy this cake on Saturday night I am going to be in heaven. My mouth waters every time I think about it. I would love to hit the 140's. My lowest weight ever was 138 but I could not hold it. LAWL put my goal at 145 and I think that I should be good with that. I just have to see how my body handles it. I would like to be between 140 and 145. And I can't go by the clothes because right now I can wear from a size 10 to 14. All depends on what type of clothes and how they are made. A size 8 would be great....maybe I am dreaming about that :lol:

Dianem1....I have noticed that it is slowing down a bit. The last couple of times I have been I have not had to wait. I think the big rush might be over. Our center is now playing bingo. You have a bingo card and then you get dabs on all sorts of different things...like if you drank your water, if you have your diary, and if you fill you card by a certain date you will get a $50 gift certificate to a day spa or Best Buy. Now that is a good incentive.

GringaGordita..I am sure you will show a loss. Keep up the good work.

Well I go weigh in tonight and I get my measurements. After eating out last night I am afraid that I might be up. I tried to eat wisely but I may have had one to many starches. I will also get measured tonight. It has been 4 wks since my last measurements. I hope I have positive results. I will keep you posted.

Have a great day and lets keep working...spring is just around the corner :)

kathie351 01-15-2003 09:48 AM

RFP
We live in Williamsville. You're right, Buffalo is a well kept secret.
We have very little snow on the ground, but are ahead of the yearly avg for snowfall. It is COLD here. I think thie am wind chill was 3 degrees. But we wre hardy folk and will survive!!!

yinyang 01-15-2003 10:49 AM

Good morning everyone! We are getting our first snow storm. We have had so little moisture in the last couple years, it is welcome. I could go for some hot soup and a good book!

RFP - sometimes some sugarless gum in your mouth helps keep other foods out. Also the chewing can help especially around a meal time.

Kathy - good job on the loss. It will be no time and you will be at your goal.

I had a great day yesterday OP. The first day in a long time that I totally stayed on the plan. I was so busy I didn't have time to wander.

Have any of you read the Oprah magazine and how she lost the weight and her workout plan? I really admire her resolve. She says she finally gets it that you have to work out your emotional reasons for eating too much and get your mind straight before you can stay with a program. I really love the information she gave that if you aren't feeling that little start of hunger, when you are looking for a little something to eat, but not full blown hungry, you aren't going to lose much weight. That that is the time that your body is using its fat stores to power you. What do you guys think about that? Does it make sense to you?
Hannah

GringaGordita 01-15-2003 12:02 PM

hi everyone...well news from the weigh-in wasn't too good. i was back up .5 pound. not really worried though, as it's my TOM. tom should be leaving soon, so i'm sure i'll have a loss for the week.

food was pretty good yesterday, but i did have an incident with some rice cakes last night. i think i'm going to have to stop buying them. they are great for a legal treat...but seems like i always get carried away and have too much. i think my goal for the rest of the week is to have no more rice cakes at home and to finish all my eating by 7 at night. that shouldn't be too hard. since i weigh first thing in the morning, sometimes i feel like late evening munchies are showing up.

lets stick with it ladies. i want to shed some serious weight before spring.

I am Tab 01-15-2003 12:08 PM

GringaGordita...I find that I have a problem with the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy Cereal. I seem to just open the box and take a handful. Yes it is healthy but if I open the box 10 times a day it is not so good. I too think I am going to have to stop buying the cereal. It is just soooo good. Not crunchy sweet snack.

Sirk 01-15-2003 01:06 PM

So happy!

Well I made it to the 60 pound loss mark! I'm so happy!!! Woo-hoo!!

And they put me on the purple plan, I was hoping for one where the portions were a little smaller b/c I've pretty much been doing the purple plan anyway.

Gringa- at least you use healthy/legal snack for a treat! I end up going to my kids snack drawer and eating peanut butter crackers! Ugh!:(

Now I just have to work hard at staying op and I just have 30 pounds left! I wish it would go as easy and as fast as the first 30 went!

Good luck to you all!

:)

I am Tab 01-15-2003 01:53 PM

Sirk....WTG...that is totally awesome. 60lbs in 5 months. I know you must be soooooo happy. Just think if you lose 30lbs in the upcoming months it will be spring/summer and think of all the cute little summer clothes you will get to wear. That will help keep you motivated to stay on plan. Since I have been on plan I think the hardest thing that I have had to give up is peanut butter. Again, congrats on the weightloss.

dianem1 01-15-2003 02:16 PM

Wow Sirk:
great job!
Tab I have the same problem even if it is just cereal I would keep going back until the box is finished. It nice when the center give you insentives.
Marcie, the sugar free candy does it bother your stomach, I find I can't handle it, if I am consitpated its a great thing for me to have.
I am handling this week O.K. for a change. Hopefully I am out of my funk.
Diane

SpringManor 01-15-2003 02:30 PM

Congratulations Sirk...60 lbs. You must really be happy. Just think back when you started and how you felt. It must be such a joy to know you have come this far. You go girl....cause you can do it.

I weigh in tomoorow morning. Will report when I get back. Wish me luck...lol

xYTx 01-15-2003 03:01 PM

Gooooo Sirk! Wow, 60 lbs!! That must feel awesome! Congratulations!! Your post is such an inspiration to me to stay OP today.

kathie351 01-15-2003 04:16 PM

Congrats Sirk!!! You're 2/3 of the way there. You're on the home stretch!!!!!!!
Kathie

GringaGordita 01-15-2003 05:14 PM

WAY TO GO SIRK!!!! you are really keeping me inspired. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! :bravo:

Jibbelle 01-15-2003 05:32 PM

Good job sirk!!

Diane-
Does one sugar free candy upset your tummy or does 10 upset it? *laughing* I only have 1 or 2 a day. It has the same sweetner as diet soda...does that bother you too?

meg 1+2 01-15-2003 11:55 PM

Hello everyone!

Congratulations Sirk!!! Wow, that is such an accomplishment. Are you doing much exercise??

I can't seem to get out of the post Christmas funk that I am in. I have a couple good days and then I'm back to eating too much it's all good stuff, but way too much!!! My program is on hold, but I think I should just go in and face the music.

Have a great Thursday!

Meg

kathie351 01-16-2003 08:16 AM

Meg,
I agree. The longer you put it off , the longer you give yourself reason to cheat. Today is a NEW day. Start fresh today!!!!

yinyang 01-16-2003 11:18 AM

Congratulations Sirk on the 60# loss. I can't even imagine how good that would feel.

Meg - I can really relate to the way you are feeling. I was on hold too and finally last week went in and had only gained 4#. But then this last weekend I had my birthday and used that as an excuse to eat things I shouldn't have. So far I don't think I have lost hardly anything this week, even though I am following the plan and exercising. I am really beating myself up with my weak resolve.

I was told that the weeks I was on hold came off my plan just as if I had been coming into my center. So that didn't make much sense to go on hold. Is that the way your center does it too? Get back and get on with the plan and you will feel better. The accountability is the only way I can see results. Good luck.

Hannah

GringaGordita 01-16-2003 12:21 PM

hey guys. i'm stranded at home because of a freak snowstorm. people in the south do not deal well with snow :) anyway, eating and exercise were pretty good yesterday. i'm a little worried about today though...i'm at home with a house full of food. i have exercise videos so i can get my workout in, the challenge will be with the eating. wish me luck.

yinyang...my center does the hold thing differently. when i go on hold i don't lose any weeks.

meg, i urge you to go back asap, i think facing the music will reinspire you and get things moving again.

SpringManor 01-16-2003 09:50 PM

Hi everyone. I weighed in today. Lost 1 lb. Was hoping for more but I will take it...lol Have a good weekend everyone. I am going to a banquet Saturday nite so I will have some temptations. I can do it. I want it bad enough so I will stay focused.

dianem1 01-17-2003 09:48 AM

Hannah;
I don't lose any week when I am on old either.
Marcie I guess I need to look what is in the candy because sugar free soda does not bother me. Some sugarfree gum does and some does not.
Diane

RFP 01-17-2003 03:03 PM

Have been off line for a couple days

Way to go Sirk, you must be very proud. Your success helps everyone. Congrats!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend. We are going sking with the kids and another family. I sure hope I can stay on track. It is hard when you are not in your own home and at a hotel. Hope I do okay.
I went to the center this morning and was down 2. I was very happy. Have to keep it off this weekend!
Have a good one.

GringaGordita 01-17-2003 03:20 PM

well made it in to work today to pick up some things i need for a meeting next week. everyone is still pretty well snowbound here with 7 inches of snow. won't be going to weigh in today. called the center and they said they were just going to credit everyone with an extra week because no one can make it to the center with the weather and road conditions. was actually down on my home scale this morning. hope that trend continues!