JUNE--LAWL Friends!!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Woohoo! I've hit a 100lb loss since last year at this time!
  • Hi everyone...snuck over to see if Julie Marie is going to post any photos....so proud of you...You obviously made the right choice for yourself....and Jillian (JLem), so proud of you too...and everyone else that is kicking arse out there!
  • hey Joni-i tried awhile back and kept getting the photo rejected because of the size--got irritated and gave up. Once I check out our Disneyland pics-maybe I'll try again!
  • Thats awesome juliemarie, good for you! 100 pounds lighter must feel terrific!
    Well I am bouncing between 170 and 171 yesterday and today. I was hoping to be in the 160's by now but I am not depressed as even though its only been 8 pounds, my clothes already feel better.
    I plan on doing lots of walking on the treadmill this week since we are expecting rain for the next 5 days.
    I figure I can lose another 5 pounds by July 1rst which would be so nice.
    Last night, I made my family the best dessert ever. I cut up a few strawberries, blueberries and rasperries and topped it off with light whipping cream. They were all in heaven! It is a delicious healthy snack!
    Okay, gotta get back to work

Joan
  • hey all..still here and keeping busy. still doing well with my running and maintaining. hope everyone is doing well and keeping positive!

congrats on the milestone, JM! looking forward to some pics!!
  • where is everyone? has the summer sucked everyone away already?
  • yooooohoooo? come out, come out wherever you are!?!?
  • Wow, Dead calm in here.. JM doing great! Jillian do people even recognize you anymore if they haven't seen you in awhile? I bet they don't. Joni, good to see you on every once inawhile.

I'm going to England for a few weeks on a trip with some girl friends. I'm so excited to go. I leave on Sunday.

I've been trying to work on the root cause of my overeating. Which has is really what I need to address. I've been reading some books by Geneen Roth one in particular called Women, Food and God. interesting reading...
  • i'm still here, plugging away! It's been a crazy couple of weeks!

Have a great trip Barbara!
  • I've been on LAWL since 5/21. Down 8 lbs. Wish it would go faster. I'm cutting sweets, starch & going to the gym almost everyday. My son just quits eating sweets & fast food, he lost a 100 lbs. He still eats chips & bread. I can't keep a large bag of chips in the house, they're gone in 2 days. Good thing I don't like chips.
  • 18lbs lost so far. Happy because the weight is coming off but I'm a little disgusted because I hit a plateau just days away from my first mini-goal. I got stuck at 169lbs for 2 weeks then finally lost 1lb this week-end. I probably won't reach my mini-goal (165lbs by 7/2). Take-off doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Does anyone have any advice on losing 3lbs in 5 days?
  • Wow, its really quiet on this site now! So I joined a couple of exercise classes and I start tonight. Mondays I am doing a weight class, Tuesdays, I am in the gym using the treadmill and bikes, etc and Wednesday, I am doing a deep water aqua class. I can't wait to get started tonight. Now I am committed!!!!
    Hope everyone is doing great!

Joan
  • Okay just checking in, my exercise class was awesome last night! It was so much harder than I thought it would be. I am just feeling so good about the way I am eating and now I am getting my exercise back in check. Things are looking good. If I can lose 10-15 pounds by August, I going on a weekend shopping trip to Vegas!!! hehe

Joan
  • Is everyone away on vacation? Hello-lo-lo there's an echo in here . Nothing better than a shopping trip as motivation Joan. I've been rewarding myself every time I meet a weekly goal: from a pair of shoes to a tee shirt to hair accessory, depending on my budget.
    Well I'm feeling great because I just weighed in at 166lbs: 20lbs lost so far and just one more pound to lose by 7/2... and then on to 150lbs in the next 2-3 months. I know this is minor compared to the hundreds of pounds lost here but there was a time when I thought I'd never lose the weight.
    So I'd like to thank God, the Academy and JulieMarie.... Hee!
    So happy! Family coming down from NY for the week-end and staying on plan is going to be a challenge... Keep going ladies!
  • NewlifeNewme- I was looking at your stats and they are similar to mine. I really want to get to the 150 mark one day too actually. This morning I was 170.2. I just cant seem to get past it. I have been eating really healthy so this week I joined the gym. I went to three classes this week and today I am sore!!!!
    Well I gotta take off, its a long weekend and I have lots to do. Canada Day tomorrow!!!

Joan