La Weightloss # 60

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Sirk - I am so impressed with your weight loss. I really need to recommit to this program. In December I put my program on hold. Does anyone know if that extends your weeks or did I lose them? Silly not to ask.

I am Tab - I usually eat the same thing for breakfast each day. I have one egg and one egg white, one pc. diet bread, some yoghurt and sometimes a half of a grapefruit. I like a big breakfast and then eat less from there. I don't seem to get bored eating the same breakfast as I would eating the same lunch or dinner each day.
  • hey guys, i went a little overboard with the carbs yesterday. for some reason i was on a total rice cake binge. i guess that's better than chips but still...i think i'm going to have to get moved back to the red program. i asked to be moved to the purple program a few weeks ago, but with as much cardio and other exercise as i do, i don't think i'm getting enough food. i've been trying to eat most of my food in the morning and at lunch, and i always end up really hungry in the afternoon...

cool to hear that so many people are joining LAWL and keeping the centers busy. i guess everyone's trying to keep their new years' resolutions. luckily, i usually go to my center in the morning before work and it's not too busy.
  • oh yeah, i was going to post about breakfast for tab. i usually have eggbeaters on a piece of toast if i'm not in a hurry. if i am rushed, i'll just do cottage cheese with blueberries mixed in. sometimes i use real eggs and make up egg salad the night before and then have it with toast for breakfast. every once in a while i'll do oatmeal made with milk and fruit. i'm on a plan where i only get two proteins now, so i can skip a morning protein if i need to and just have a lalite or some toast or something with fruit. hope this helps
  • Thanks for the ideas....I usually have a boiled egg, wheat toast, and unsweet applesauce. This is usally OK...but this morning when I wrote my post I was sooo hungry that I wanted something more. I wanted ideas like a bagel and cream cheese, blueberry muffins...you know all the good stuff....LOL
    I did buy the nutri grain bars but sometimes I seem to think I need more. And I do the egg beaters and toast for breakfast on weekends when I have more time. I do like the idea about the egg salad. I love egg salad. That sounds yummy right now.

Dianem1..I told the center from the beginning that I was not going to buy the LA Lites. I did buy a couple of boxes and realized that if this is a life change I can not just have LA lites that I needed to find something comparable and that is exactly what I told my center. I don't think they liked it but they have never pressed me into buying anything. They always ask if I need anything and I tell them "No" and that is that. Nothing more said.

When I joined the center and they told me that it was going to take 15 wks for me to take the weight off...so I paid for 15 wks. Well now they are saying that I will most likely hit my goal weight before the 15 wks. They said nothing about giving me money back. They asked if I wanted to add it to my stabilization wks. I don't totally understand this but our center was just a mess last night. I will talk more with them on Wednesday.

Ohhhh I did buy some of the Cream of Chicken soup mix. I have not tried it yet. But sometimes on a cold night like tonight I might want to have some soup or at least something like soup. I am going to try it tonight and see how it is. I might chop up some chicken and add to the mix.....and this only counts as a LA lite. Not a bad deal.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful evening....
  • Tab-
    I often did nutrigrain bars for breakfast and counted it as a starch and fruit (just like the center bars). Sometimes I would do cereal or oatmeal. I usually ate cottage cheese for my 1/2 protein 3 times a week, eggs once or twice a week, and I skipped the 1/2 protein on the other days. (naughty me!) I was so glad when they switched me to purple and I got rid of that morning protein.

Has anyone tried the egg beaters with the red pepper/onion/spices in it? It tastes like a western omlette. YUMMY!

I would put some frozen broccoli and cut up chicken in the chicken or mushroom soup and eat it for dinner. VERY filling!

All-
    I just left a message the size of texas on the LAWL bashing board under buyer beware. I hate that all the centers are so inconsistant.....argh! I know this program isnt for everything, but it works for so many of us...I hate to have people scared away.
  • Marcie, I was glad to read your post on the scams board. I finally posted there a couple of days ago. I understand that some people have had horrible experiences with LAWL, but I hate being attacked simply for expressing that i had a positive experience there. I'm just going to stop going over there because it really pi$$es me off when I read it.
  • We dont have to worry about it now because a moderator has decided to stop the thread. I find that really odd....I have never seen a post like that on another thread...but whatever. I only attempted to answer Barb's questions.
  • I didn't know they had a scams board. They can say what they want but I have been on every diet out there and LA is the only one that has worked for me. It is expensive but oh well, what isn't now a days.

Marcie....I am going to try those egg beaters with the spices in it, they sound very good. I get bored too so keep the little tidbits coming. You are so creative when it comes to planning meals.
  • There are two kinds of the egg beaters....I think one is like a western omlette....the other is some kind of spicey blend and I have not tried that one.

Anyone want to come cook dinner for me tonight!?? I am just exhausted!
  • I am sooooo glad they ended that thread about scams. My blood would just boil when I read the same bs over and over.
    Kathie
  • Hi, I'm back!

Well, after 3 weeks, I went back OP today. My husband's family was here (since Dec. 17th until yesterday) and I went on hold. I gained 3 lbs, BOOOOO. But, it could have been more, I was cooking everyday and eating whatever I wanted.

So, back on the wagon! I have had a hard day, munching and picking. I hope I can get back in the swing quickly!

Good luck to all! I am enjoying the ideas for meals!
  • I have been staying off that scams board for the same reason. Some of those posters are downright venomous! I really don't care to read anything else they have to say. It just bothered me that they seemed to be silencing those in favor of LAWL. It's clear what the moderators think of LAWL. That's too bad.

I'm a horrible cook, so I don't have any great recipies to share, but I love my bagels. So, once a week, I have a half of one, toasted, with lite cream cheese for a nice OP treat. If I'm having an especially hard day, I put a little sugar free jelly on top. I found Smuckers (I think) has good-tasting sugar free jellies for 10 calories per tbsp. The strawberry and blackberry are great. I can't tell they're artificially sweetened.

I think my scale is messing with me. Yesterday I weighed in at 156. The day before, 162. I think I need to buy a better scale. It's so hard to eat OP for me when I have no clue where I stand!
  • hey guys. welcome back pennie, glad to hear that the damage while off program was minimal. just get right back on it, and the weight will drop in no time. as for everyone else, i was shocked to read the last post on the LAWL board, it really steams me that anytime something positive is posted someone makes a move like that and shuts down the board. whatever i guess. marcie, i didn't think your post was bad at all, you explained things a lot better than i could have. of course, if the person who wrote that post asking the questions had read my post, she would see that a lot of her questions were already answered: exercise, food intake, daily calories, etc. okay, i got it out of my system.

stayed the same at weigh in today, not a loss, but i'll take it. i've been pretty well on program the last couple of days, but i have had some extra starches. anyway, holding firm at 218 on the center's scale...214.6 on my home scale.

i'm having lunch with some friends i haven't seen since October, so i'm really excited. the last time i saw them i'd lost about 12 pounds, now i'm at almost 36. i'm not going to say anything about my lifestyle change, and i'll see if they mention it or can tell a difference.

we're going to a local german restaurant for lunch. i haven't decided if i'm going to stay strictly on program or make this my treat meal for the week. they have a pretty good grilled chicken salad, so i'll probably just get that.

here's hoping we all have a great day and stay on track!
  • I am debating whether to go back to my center this Friday (I can only weigh in once a week usually) or to wait another week. I keep thinking that I can get back down to where I left off. I know I am up about 5 lbs. Maybe it would be better to just bite the bullet and get back on the program. What do you guys think?

Hannah
  • well hannah, going into the center always helps me, even if my weight is up. it's the whole being accountable thing. so, my vote would be to go ahead and go back in. just my opinion though.