Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default February 2011 LAWL Chatter

Wow! I've never started the thread before that I can remember...or if I did it must have been years ago. Anyway, looking forward to a new month of chatting.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I'm back at work today and feeling pretty good. I'm starting on some soft/solid foods now and had a scrambled egg with cheese last night for dinner. It was heaven!

The weight is already flying off which is both exciting and a little disconcerting, if that makes any sense at all. And I can already tell most of it came out of my boobs! I need a new bra already! I'm going to hold off as long as possible-I can't be buying bras every couple of weeks.

I still don't feel any hunger-the doc said it could take up to a year to feel any hunger. Kinda cool really. I just feel-weird. Slightly disconnected from my body you know?

Hope everyone has a great Groundhog Day!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #4  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jillian

Hi JM -- I'm glad things are going so well for you. Yes, might as well try to wait as long as possible before buying new things as you'll likely only wear the next size for a short time as well. Right now I'm living in the same 2-3 pairs of pants for work on a rotation, black, brown, black with pinstripes, repeat Weekends find me in leggings and long sweaters, comfy and they fit many different sizes.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

JulieMarie- I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. You sound really happy which is awesome!
I have been sick since Sunday. I have missed almost two days of work and I am thinking of going home soon today as well. I just can't kick this cold/flu. I am down 4 pounds this week but I think its because all I am having is tea and fruit. I can't even think of eating anything else!
I am hosting a jewelry party at my house tomorrow and I am already starting to panic that I am not going to feel good. My guests will be having wine and I will be drinking more tea!!!!! I am so congested that my ears hurt.
Okay enough complaining, I'll catch up later!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Couple things -

OK, now I understand why no one has posted to the January thread since last Tuesday.... Um, because it is FEBRUARY, dumb*&#! I though you all bailed.

And, the brain trust at work decided to armor all the rubber-floored ramp in the hallway, so, yeah... my left arm and my left hip are KILLING me right now - TIMBERRRRR....! OW!

Joan - hope you feel better soon. I was sick a few weeks ago and still have a nagging cough. I hate being sick.

JM - glad you are enjoying your "mushies" - sounds like things are going great.

Went to the outlets this weekend and bought all sorts of new clothes - pants were a necessity - my old ones looked like I was a deflated balloon. I wish the top part of me would lose a little more - I feel way top-heavy.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #7  

Hello everyone

I am new to this board. I was on LAWL years ago and did really well on it until they closed. Over the years I didn't care enough to be healthy but I really want to get back into it and I did really well on LAWL so I dug out my old info and am back in action.

Looking forward to chatting on the forum and getting to know some of you other LAWL gals!
MissMooLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JM, Glad to hear that you are back to work and feeling pretty good and not hungry. Is that 24 pounds lost since the surgery? Wow, that is flying off. With what you lost before surgery you are probably already wearing your smaller clothes... given that most people who struggle with their weight have several sizes in their closets. You could try adding some seams or darts if you are handy with sewing to try to stretch out the usability. Really if it is already too big, what's its kind of low risk to attempt that.

Welcome MissMooLaRue, Its great that you are caring enough to be healthy. You are worth it. We all are.

I got through the "birthday week" and super bowl without being either super good or super bad. Just one piece of cake split between the DH and myself on my birthday, and a few drinks.. and a few meals out that were likely more fattening than I like to think, but I went out and was active to balance it out, so not so horrible. Back to being good and not just not horrible though.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

hey all. just thought i'd pop in and say hi. not much going on with me other than the fact that i broke my toe this past wednesday. i caught it on a baby gate (which i've done MANY times before..but never this bad) and broke the toe next to the little one on my left foot. i thought i broke the other 2 next to that one too, but they're just really bruised. so i gave myself a days rest on the exercise and then was right back at it on friday. yeah, i know it's probably not good to run with a broken toe, but i told myself i'd stop if it hurt and it really doesn't. i wrap it really good before i workout and ice it twice a day, along with some advil, it's under control (as much as a broken toe can be!) so..yeah. that's all that's been going on with me.
i guess i could've taken a break from working out, but i've been consistently exercising at least 4 days a week for the past 2yrs, so i'm not about to let a stupid broken toe stop me! fitness is just a non-negotiable thing for me. it's not an option to not workout. it's just not. i just don't know how to take a break like that. so unless i'm in the hospital, unable to get out of bed..i'll be keeping up with it. plus, i'm 6wks in to the run schedule i made for myself for the first 10wks of 2011..so i'm not about to crap out now!
can you tell i'm stubborn? haha!

anyway..just thought i'd do a quick update!
welcome to the new peeps and we really need to get more chatter going on here!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

here's an interesting article i came across.

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-...onnection.html
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #11  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Great article Jillian - thanks for sharing. I know my W/L struggle is very mental. Slowly but surely I'm figuring out how to plan things that are not planned around eating..it's a tough habit to break. Hope that toe heals okay..You're a nut. I would surely use that as an excuse....not sure I have your willpower!

Julie Marie - great job on the lbs going away.....it's just the beginning....I say shop clearance and get what you need! I love wasting money...haha!

Kim - WTG for you too.....I totally don't understand what you wrote about the rubber mats, but that's okay......did you survive all your snow?

Just checking in...the scale is going down which is always good!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

kim--that totally sucks about the floor! (i'm assuming you slipped and fell?) and i take it you've seen the show Scrubs a time or two with your "brain trust" reference!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #13  

I actually made it through day 1. It seems so silly to say that I'm excited I actually lasted just one day but I find that first day is always a rough one.

Yayy!
MissMooLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #14  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!

Barbara-yes, my ticker is reflecting my losses since the surgery. Crazy, huh? As for clothes-I have an entire wardrobe down to size 16 in my closet-the only thing I'll have to buy are bras and undies for quite awhile.

I had the house to myself the last couple of nights for the first time since the surgery and was made hugely aware of the focus I put on food when I'm by myself. I'd always looked forward to my nights off to clean the house and veg in front of the TV. And to eat. It was like I made a date with food on those nights off. And last night especially-I really noticed the "food" wasn't there and I sure missed him/her(?) Even if I had a pizza sitting in front of me I wouldn't haven been able to eat it-but my head sure wanted one. I have until the "honeymoon" phase of this is over to fix my head and find other ways to occupy my time that seems to be a treat for me.

MissMoo-Welcome and congrats on one day down. I don't actually follow LAWL anymore but I've been successful at losing on it in the past and these are my peeps and they let me hang around here still!

Kim-stay upright! And yay for new clothes!

Angie/Hoochie/Jillian/Joni-you guys are all doing great! Keep it up!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joni, I would go shopping too. I think we put off enjoyment too much for some mythical time when we are going to be perfect and we "deserve" undies that fit. I say we deserve them every day of our lives no matter the fact that they might not fit in a short amount of time. Of course I would likely also buy them on deep discount.... as I'm both naturally cheap and self indulgent.

Jillian, fascinating article. I know I have a balance of good habits and habits that are self destructive (yet hard to give up). Its good to give some thought to how my dear little weekend indulgences are keeping the scale high. I don't know what is available where you work out, but you might try to switch it up with some other form of cardio that is lower impact while your toes heal. perhaps an elliptical trainer or bicycle?

JM, You are doing great! Almost 50 pounds down in a short time really. You've got to be feeling the difference already. I know that my relationship with food is complicated and emotional, and yes, we've dated, and had stormy breakups... where I swore I would never eat THAT again... and I could not stay away... ha!

MissMoo, Congrats on the first day done. You can do this!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote