Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 03:54 PM   #61  

Cheer congrats on the 4.5# Wow, that's excellent!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:33 PM   #62  

Congrats on the 4.5# Cheer. That really makes me want to try it.

Hannah
Old 11-26-2002, 09:23 PM   #63  

Cheer -

I get dizzy on that stuff, too. Hypoglycemic is just a fancy way to say that you aren't getting enough sugar (AND CALORIES) in during the Take Off diet. I really don't think it's healthy at all. They basically starve you for 2 days. Please be careful! Last time I did it, I lasted about 1 1/2 days before I thought I was going to pass out, too.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:00 AM   #64  

Hi Everyone,

Just caught up on all the posts...been out of touch for about a week. Congrats to all of you that have had losses and so glad that everyone seems to be doing well.

I weighed in today and was a bit discouraged, I started my third week last Friday and all i've lost is 3.5 pounds. I guess I should be thankful it's going in the right direction, but when I see the amazing drops all of you have had I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I know being 50 and menopausal doesn't help the old metablolism and being on thyroid meds adds to my dilemma, but the "counselor" at my center assured me that none of this would stand in my way. She said that I would loose 2 to 3 pounds a week with no problem. Is there any one here that has moved this slow? Did your center do anything for you? They said if the same thing happens next week they will confer with a dietician.

Well, I am planning on being good for Thanksgiving, maybe a mouthful of pumpkin pie
"
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and "Thanks" to all of you for being here!!!

Meg
Old 11-27-2002, 09:02 AM   #65  

Hello and Good Morning Everyone...

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! Will check back in on Monday to see how everyone is during. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:06 AM   #66  

Good Morning all,

I think I started TG a little early today. lol I just felt like have a Mcdonalds egg Mcmuffin w/ bacon and cheese so thats what I did. They are so small! lol

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING ALL!

Kathy
Old 11-27-2002, 10:32 AM   #67  

Meg,
We are in the same boat- I am 57, post menopausal and also on synthroid. My loss is also slowed by the fact that with my last pregnancy (26 yrs) ago, I had toxemia from Nov. till April ,gained 82 # and it KILLED my metabolism. I have lost 15 # in 9 wks. Which for me is outstanding.
Kathie
Old 11-27-2002, 10:39 AM   #68  

I just had a GINORMOUS latte....with skim milk of course....I will bouncing off the walls soon! WOOOHOOO
Old 11-27-2002, 12:06 PM   #69  

Kathie, congrats on loosing 15#!

Jibbelle, i'll be bouncing right behind you, I just had my 3rd cup of coffee for the day!

Kathy
Old 11-27-2002, 01:30 PM   #70  

I'm afraid I started TG a little early too. So far I have had a handful of pecans (making pie) and some chocolate chips.. Wonder what they'd think of that? HMMMMMMMMMM........

And I did great yesterday until putting up dinner last night when I totally chowed down on what my family ate, dirty rice full of spices and hamburger. I had already had a chicken salad. I just can't expect my family to eat chicken every night! I thought, just a bite, and before long I was pigging out with my spoon!

Oh well.........I'll try to do better today!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #71  

Penny don't feel bad. Enjoy your day tomorrow and we'll pick up LAWL again on Fri.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:27 PM   #72  

Smile WOO-HOO

Today I have officially lost 50 pounds!!

I am so happy!

Now I just need to make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas! And another 50 to go! (or so)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Kris
Old 11-27-2002, 06:23 PM   #73  

Hi All,

Sirk....WTG!!! What an accomplishment, you are very insirpiring!

Kathie, thanks for the post! It just dawned on me that you did mention we had some of the same issues...funny thing is, we have more than I thought!

My "baby" is going to be 26 in two weeks and I gained 60#'s with him and had toxemia with three out of my four pregnancies. Thing is, I had no clue it affected ones metabolism until now!! Did you get this info from your doctor?

With my first son, I was really bad, went from 118 to 200 and was on bed rest for the last three weeks to keep the swelling and the blood pressure down...plus they put me on diuretics. I lost 40#'s within two days of delivering him.

This is the heaviest I have ever been, after the first three children I managed to loose most of the weight but with the last I never got lower than 150. And it seemed every year after my hysterectomy (at 33) I gained 5 pounds until I was up 60 more!!!

So here I am still struggling...but you know what? I am glad I have someone else that is doing LAWL as pain stakingly as I am lol Not that I don't wish you would loose it quicker, but it is always nice to know there is someone out there that can relate.

So thanks again for telling me your story...I can be happy with a half to one pound a week as long as it is consistant and going down!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Meg
Old 11-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #74  

Meg, Yes, my MD alluded to the fact that I would have a hard time losing. I had a hysterectomy when I was 36. I hope the similarities stop there because I also had breast cancer when I was 45 (my 12 th anniversary is on Thanksgiving) I ate my way thru 40 # because I had the excuse of not knowing what tomorrow would bring. So I ate every piece of cheesecake, cookies etc. because "hey ya never know, I could die from this "So here I am 12 years later at LAWL.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #75  

Me again Kathie,

So sorry to hear about the breast cancer, I can totally understand your reasons for gaining. Thank God the closest I came to that was having a none cancerous lump removed two years ago. It is a bit spookey how our lives are so similiar.

Well, I better get back to my baking or there will be no goodies tomorrow.

Have a good one!

Meg
Closed Thread