January 2011 Chatter_LAWL

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Hello Everone,
    I am new to the site, I havent dont LAWL since 2007 and I was on the red plan, and i really want to start 2maro. Do yall think i need 2 do the 2 day fasting?
  • Hi. I am new too. My name is Sarah. a friend of mine got me started on her old LAWL plans so I googled it and found this site. hope you don't mind my crashing in. I just started looking the info over and haven't really committed yet. I could use all the support I can get. Nice to meet you all. I am hoping 2011 is my year to lose.
  • Hey strangers? must be January everyone wants to lose weight! Happy New Year.
  • Its great to see a few faces that have re-appeared again and welcome to anyone new. Even though I am no longer going to the centre, I still like to come to this site for support.
    We all seem to commit a bit more in January which is great. We all have the same goal!
    Barbara- I didnt gain 8 pounds over Christmas so now you made me feel better!! I did gain 4 pounds which I havent added to my current weight showing. I just don't want to put it up there!!
    Been drinking more tea and quite enjoying it. I bought a blueberry green tea and its just delicious. I find it curbs my appetite after dinner for sweets.
    Well we have stormy weather this week in Calgary. Today with the windchill, its -28 degrees. I would rather be at home than at work but I am going on vacation soon so I can't afford to not be at the office. I am going to Palm Springs in January and really want to shop. I leave in a week and a half so 4 pounds off would be terrific.
    Well I gotta run.
    Have a great day everyone!

Joan
  • Lonette-Takeoff is a good way to start and curb the carb cravings. It kinda sucks but it's not horrible. Look at the sticky thread above for newbies and there is a lot of info about doing it with grocery store items. Good luck!
  • Hi Friends

It has been a while since I last posted.....as Jillian said...life has been a complete whirlwind for me. Since I decided to take it upon myself to help populate the world, my playtime is short..and seems to be getting shorter by the day. Oh well....I can say that I am lucky in love...it is all around me

I am still working out and eating well. I did slack off a bit over the holidays, but nothing crazy or depression worthy. It is so nice to be out of that place in my brain. I know I am in control, I know I am striving for good health, and I am no longer a victim to the fat girl in my brain. I do not have real impressive stats......but the gradual downward trend if my friend, and my fitness
  • level is increasing. All of these kids of mine have driven me to stick with the gym.....it's one of the few hours I get to rest my thinker. That is the draw for me....that is what keeps me going. I didn't realize it for a long time....but I am happy with the revealation. Hmmm, is that how you spell that? Reveal.....will google later. I submitted my post before it was done cuz I was afraid my battery would die b4 I was able to plug in. I hate it when that happens...poof.

Anyway, glad to see everyone is doing well. I have missed you all Thanks for nudging me on FB you nudgers.

Ok, time to put a couple of these tiny creatures to bed now. I will try and check in tomorrow
    XOXO
  • Nicole- Its so awesome to hear from you. It sounds like you have grasped onto a change in your lifestyle.
    Its funny, I was looking at some pictures from just 3 years ago when I went on a family cruise. I can't believe how thin I was. I think I was only 15 pounds lighter than now but it just made such a drastic change.
    I have placed the photo on my desktop so I can look at it every day at work. I am hoping it will encourage me when I am having down days.
    I am not seeing any weight loss this week but I know it will come. I have not been eating any junk food since the New Year.
    This afternoon I am heading to the organic store. I am hoping to find some healthy snacks. Right now I have been snacking on fruit and almonds but I need a change.
    Well, have a great day everyone!

Joan
  • very proud of you Nicole! i'm jealous of your kid-free gym time! but nonetheless, i still drag X down to the gym with me regardless..i just wish i didn't have to, for her sake mostly.

good to hear from people. hope everyone is treating their bodies well.
  • Joan, I am down to only 15 pounds more to lose too. It seems so close, but the last pounds come off way harder than the first ones do, so you have to expect it to take some time. I'm thinking I can reasonably do it in 3 months. There is a company meeting end of March in Dallas, so I'd like to be at least close to my goal weight by then. My foot is finally feeling better, so I'm hoping that upping my activity level will be what is needed to get the scale moving down again, since the scale stalled out and the foot being bad happened at the same time. I'm afraid to do too much too soon though.

Nicole! I saw the pictures on facebook, your tiny ones are getting bigger! All great looking kids though. Its so great that you take the time to exercise and have a bit of time for yourself. You need the break and the exercise, and overall I think it will give you more energy when you get home. I know when I exercise regularly, somehow I need a bit less sleep... as when I don't exercise, I sleep 9 hours a day, so for me it is a net gain.. an hour of exercise 3-4 days a week and I only need 7.5....
  • Thanks, Jillian

Barbara......girl.....I feel so bad that your feet aren't cooperating. Mine are a little bit better, but still............if I am not very careful, and if I don't stretch every single day....ow. My insoles really have been the best help I think. How is your daughter?
  • Oh, Joan....how is your daughter? And did she ever go through with that piercing? My oldest, who is 20 now has her belly button pierced. I think it is so gross...but she loves it. any reason for her to add more sparkles, and she is happy. Apparently she has a tatoo now too, but has not mentioned it to me yet. I don't mind tatoos on anyone else, but I don't want them on my or my peeps. Oh well....just one more of those mom letting go lessons, right?
  • Oh Nicole, a belly button ring is so minor... and really most of the kids seem to get a tattoo these days. My daughter has been through a very rough year and a half. Her health remains sketchy, but lately she has been slightly better and has regained some weight. All the way up to size 4! ha! Its been a rough time for all of us. Just not knowing if and when she will get better and be able to work and not knowing what has caused all her symptoms. Its really hard, even if you can afford to do it, to support another adult completely. The resentments tend to build.. on both sides. Since she doesn't want our input on her decisions, but we have to pay for a lot of them.. so it is hard to not say anything.
  • Good morning all. Its good to see all the familiar faces who are just checking in and have been lurking. We miss you.

Welcome more newbies. This is the place to be for all your WL questions.

Soooo we got hit with about 6-10 inches of snow Monday and it shut the South down for 2 days and cost me 2 days of vacation and not to mention the comfort food eating. I came back to work on Wednesday.

Still no eliptical. No weight loss to report here either, but no surprise. I have to find some motivation somewhere. I guess I should start looking for it. LOL
  • Nicole- Yes my daughter got her nose pierced and now she also wants her belly pierced so I will probably be booking that appointment soon. What can I say, my son has both his ears pierced and now wants a tattoo. His girlfriend has a really nice tattoo that goes all down her back like a vine. Its really nice actually.
    I suppose if I had a cute little tummy maybe I would want my belly pierced too. Right now I would scare everybody away!!! haha
    Well my DH and I are starting our workout tonight. 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 of weights and squats. I guess I have a buddy now at home so thats awesome!
    Well have a great night,

Joan