October 2010

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Way to go Kim on losing 14 pounds, thats aweome!!!!!

I am going home this weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving.....not really sure I want to go home tomorrow but oh well!

Feeling blah today, I need to snap out of it.

Joan
  • Oh, that's right - Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends!
  • No time, no time, no time....and this, my friends, is why....

i will be back soon
    miss you all.
    xoxo
  • Nicole, She is a beauty, just like her mom. Oh my I just looked at your ticker! Did I miss your re-entry into the onderland? congrats. You are doing great.

Kim, the minty water sounds pretty tasty. I will have to try that.

Welcome back Amy! I've done the admittadly silly Richard Simmons DVD's before. He is a little crazy, but if you like to dance it can at least get you off the sofa, and if that 500 pound woman can do, by gosh so can I. I've been doing WW lately, but still post here.

I got on the scale this morning, and for once surprising good news! I was down around 6 pounds from last time! After not seeing the scale move for a few weeks, and trying to not get frustrated, I decided to just give it some time, and time and continued effort works. Of course then I went and put the lower weight into the WW tracker and it reduced my points.. not just for today but for the whole week, so I had already eaten more of my bonus points than I thought I had. I was prepared for lower points going forward. OH well.. they cut you back about 50 calories a day for every 10 pounds you lose.
  • Hey everyone! My 2 lbs fell off again today and I'm feeling much better.

Kim -- Thanks for the thanksgiving wishes. I'm about to face a whole weekend of mashed potatoes, stuffing and soft white bread...and I WILL PREVAIL! lol -- my accomodation to myself is that I'm making the potatoes with 1/3 potato, 1/3 celery root and 1/3 cauliflower...it's really delicious and I won't feel guilty about eating a teensy bit. I don't like to mess with ketosis either, it works so well!

Joan -- That Richard Simmons is a crazy loon, but lots of energy!

Amy -- I am not big on videos either, but I'm going to try to get back into doing my yoga/pilates ones at home since i don't want to pay for classes

Barbara -- Congrats on your weight loss, 6 pounds must have been a nice surprise, and its' all thanks to your perseverance!

Nicole -- Congratulations to Bethy! How exciting for you guys, I can't wait to hear all about it!

JM -- How's your keto-sing going?
  • hello all. just wanted to pop in and say hi. good to see everyone doing well! i'm keeping quite busy and it seems everyone else is too!

happy thanksgiving to the Canadian peeps!
  • Hey all,

I have been absent ( may be lurking once a day) because I was drowning under all the stuff that needed to be unpacked and organized. One week after the moving...and finally I am where I wanted to be. Just the storage needs some sorting.

It is Canadian thanksgiving weekend... my favorite time of the year. Thanks to all my friends on 3FC for the good wishes and happy Thanksgiving to Joan, Angie and all Canadian friends who might be lurking :P

I haven't decided on the menu besides turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce. I am looking for a good stuffing recipe. I might try green beans casserole this year along with some roasted root veggies. Last year...I just started the LAWL program and didn't have much options.My husband wants a pot roast for Thanksgiving...his inner meat-and-potato guy comes out whenever he hears "mashed potato". Which reminds me...I liked the "sweet-potato mash with honey and lemon " from Rachel Ray's show and I might try that. Oh....and of course...pumpkin pie from the LAWL cook-book. But I am also looking forward to the left over...I love turkey pies

I love Fall and the bounty it offers.And I love thanksgiving because it gives me a chance to sit back and reflect. How wonderful my life is...and think of all the things I can be grateful about.
    Most of all I am grateful that i have the most amazing people in my life who hold my hand no matter what...

have a great weekend all!
  • Barbara - WTG on the -6#!!!! It's a lovely thing, huh?

Nicole - I knew you would come out of hiding to be a proud mama! She's a beauty, and I'm sure her personality is too.

Angie - Have a great holiday - sounds like you have a good plan. I saw a recipe for mashed cauliflower somewhere on someone's blog here (lotta good it's gonna do me if I can't remember where...D'oh!) and it looked yummy. Apparently you can mix in some mashed turnips or rutabaga to get better texture. I'm going to try it sometime.

Well, I took a fantastic swan dive off of the wagon last night - not going into detail, but suffice it to say, I am not in Ketosis anymore.... and have the headache to prove it... Buckling down for WI tomorrow.
  • I had a session with the trainers today...O. M. G. they nearly killed me. First one of them worked with me and another lady and then handed us off to another MEANER trainer who worked us both all over again, we did a double work out and skipped the cardio. Must be some sort of Thanksgiving pre-turkey tactic they've developed. I thought it was just plain evil while it was happening -- I was flashing back to my horrible Grade 9 gym classes and just about felt like throwing up at one point. I won't feel bad at all if I have a piece of bread at the restaurant tonight!

We are going to a Brazilian rodizzio (sp?) style restaurant, which is great for my diet (no sarcasm). They have a huge salad/starter bar and then the servers bring around about 15 kinds of meat that is all slow roasted on spits, and cut off pieces for you to try.

I am making the stuffing for the big family dinner on Sunday and I'm thinking of sneaking these little high fiber bran crumbs in there along with the bread. I'm sure people would thank me later when the stuffing and butter whooshed out instead of sticking to their butts and thighs. Who couldn't use a little more fiber? I was also going to make some punch out of Crystal Lite, but a couple of my younger (fitter) cousins are onto me and my attempts to 'lighten things up' -- I have to make 2 sets of potatoes now...my recipe I mentioned earlier, and REAL ones for the skinny folks
  • Angie, That sounds like a killer workout. How was your thanksgiving?

Kim, I hope you are firmly back on the wagon. It seems like life is full of opportunities to eat badly. I was thinking the other day how people 500 years ago would consider our problems of not being able to lose weight a really good problem to have compared to constantly starving from lack of food.

MJ, I hope you are settling in and starting to enjoy your new city. Moving is never fun, but often when you first move to a new city you can have a lot of fun exploring it and finding new favorite places and seeing all the sites that the tourists visit when they come there.

Joan, Where is the home where you went to have Thanksgiving? I hope it went well and snapped you out of whatever mood you were in.

A quiet weekend at home for me. Did spin class both Saturday and Sunday. My clothes are starting to feel a little loose, so that is encouraging too.
  • Hello Ladies.

Nice to see you again Nichole. Sorry but I couldn't see the pic of your lovely daughter. I will try to look when I get home on my non-locked down machine. Work is killin me. LOL

Congrats on the losses ladies. I wish I could report one, but I can report NO Gain. Still sticking close to the basics on the LAWL though so that is good.

Still just walking now and then. No major commitment on anything. We have some weather changing going on here. This week is high 80's. Last week Low 70s. I need some stability. I have been eyeing that Zumba video, but can't commit right now. I know it won't work for me with me sitting on the couch.

My oldest son proposed to his live in girlfriend on Friday. He is 19 to be 20 in January and she will be 20 on the 24th of this month. They just look like kids and have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Both are in college full time.
  • Wow Amy - engaged at 19! Are they thinking of waiting a while before the wedding? I'm sure it is hard to think of your little boy being all grown up and engaged, but I remember thinking that I had it all figured out at that age. (I was totally wrong, but it all worked out in the end!) Good luck to them both!

Recovered from the cliff diving leap off protocol last week, and am down another 2lbs. Whew! Friends invited us over Saturday and she left a message that said she was making chicken/broccoli/pasta! Ugh! I haven't really told anyone what I am doing, but I had to tell her - no way I could maneuver around that. So, I told her I broke up with carbs, and could she not mix the pasta in with everything. She understood, and all was well.
  • good morning all. just wanted to stop by and say hi and report that i'm down on the scale again! FINALLY.
  • Jillian, It has been awhile that you were at that same weight, perhaps you are in for another series of seeing losses on the scale. Isn't it weird how it comes in spurts and is not a linear thing?

Kim another 2 pounds is great! 16 pounds in 4 weeks is wonderful. I found that when you talk about weight loss to other women, most of them are trying to lose weight or working hard to maintain their weight.

Amy, Engaged at 19. Sometimes it works out OK, even if I wouldn't give it high odds. I know people who got together in 6th grade and are still together 40 years later. I guess it all depends on whether the girl in question is a good match for your son, since it is random luck at 19 whether you've picked a gem or a jerk.
  • Good morning everyone-looks like there's a great WL trend going on in here!

I've struggled a bit with the very low carb thing . . .last week I thought I'd hurl at the thought of another egg for breakfast and spent the week having cereal or a bagel for breakfast-which doesn't set up the day well for low-carbing the rest of the meals. So I guess I took a little break! Didn't eat badly-just not low carb. Back on it yesterday after a traveling weekend which always seems to end up with a couple of car fast food meals. Argh!

So-I've decided to have a protein shake in the mornings when I can't stomach another egg-I doubt it will be a problem. Better than succumbing to a bagel and cream cheese, right?

And last night I made another casserole dish of eggplant and beef lasagna. Sooo good! Certainly doesn't taste like a "diet" meal!