Recipe Exchanges? Can I use other recipes?

• Hello ladies! (and gents if there are any here )

I have posted in this part of the forum off and on. I am a past member of LA. MANY years ago I did LA and lost about 35 lbs. The reason I gained it all back and pretty much just quit is because I got burnt out.

I was eating pretty much the same thing all the time. I ate odd "meals" I guess you could say, so it would fit in with my requirements for the day.

For example:
    Breakfast was eggs and some 40 cal. toast
    Lunch was maybe a sandwich on the 40 cal bread.. just cheese and light mayo.
    Dinner was maybe chicken breast with cucumbers, or broccoli (sp??)

That wasn't ALL I ate, but it was BORING.

I want to learn how to cook meals and figure out how to fit them into LA. I bought a cook book that is 300 calorie meals... . can you use something like that and figure it up to work with LA??

TIA!
  • You can pretty much rework a recipe to be on plan using substitutions and figuring out portion sizes from the books.

Alternatively you can buy the LA cookbook-there's a lot of recipes, some great, some not so great but it's a start. You can find them on ebay for $10.
  • I have one of the LA cook books.. Tried a lot of the recipes, but want something new. One of them actually made me sick. ( wasn't the recipe's fault... had a weird reaction to red wine vinegar! )

Thanks for the reply!