Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #61  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Wow Jillian, your numbers are amazing. You should be jumping with excitement on how far you have come. Last night when I was at boot camp, I was thinking about how far I have come with doing more exercise. I am the oldest one in the class. Most of the girls are in their twenties and I am 43 so I am pretty proud of myself that I can keep up with these young ladies. I am not nearly as sore as I used to be after class. I really do love it.
I weighed in this weekend at 170 so I am up a few pounds. Maybe I will do a take off next week......I need to hit the farmers market again this weekend.
Have a graet day everyone!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #62  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

sometimes I really hate this forum. Wow that sounds really bad, and it has nothing to do w/ any of the people.....it is the fact that I can type out a real nice post, and poof, it's gone.

To recap in just a few words....Joan, way to kick a$$! I think we get stronger as we get older

My sclae finally went down....woohooo. I am down to 203.4. I am super happy, I just hope it doesn't stay static again for two or three weeks.

My foot is still a mess, and I cannot walk. I am going to call the podiatrist in a few. I am having a hard time doing my job in this condition. I hope I can drive....DH has the owner's son here this week, and really cannot leave work.

Ok, enough blah, blah, blah.....I hope everyone has a great day!!! and I will hopefully have a better attitude the next time I come here
xoxo
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #63  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I hope some of you will remember me from a few years ago. I was on LAWL and lost around 30 lbs...like Wendy, they all found me again.

Big life changes for me lately, DH and I are splitting up, he moved out this week. It feels like time for a fresh start, I'm turning 40 in October -- BTW Happy Birthday Nicole! -- and I feel motivated to spend some time working on myself.

I hope you have all been doing much better than I have on the diet front! I'm just starting a new plan, a metabolic diet, but my heart was still here with you guys. I was so happy to log in and see lots of familiar faces. I hope you won't mind if I still drop in to give/receive support even though I'm not on LAWL this time.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #64  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Angie- There is always support here! Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully it is for the best and you can move on and and take care of yourself. Its a hard thing to go thru.

Nicole- Hope your foot gets better soon! too much table dancing on your birthday....just kidding!

I got on the scale this morning and I am down two pounds from Monday. Its probably water weight but I will still take it!

Okay well I should run, have a wonderful day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #65  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all.

hey angie! i remember you! good to "see" you! hope to hear from you on a regular basis.

awesome job with the exercise Joni, Joan and Nicole.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #66  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Angie Sorry to hear about your recent life changes. It is a rough road. Please know we are all here for you for support, WL related or not I am glad to, "see," you also I am a smiley freak today.

I am going to my parents tonight in Wisconsin. It has been a long time since we were there. I am kind of looking forward to it. It will be busy and i know I will feel rushed cuz the kids start school on Monday !

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have to finish packing, go to Kohl's and Walmart, meet the teacher at 4, and then wait for DH to get home to travel. Thank goodness I got that shot in my foot yesterday.....soo helped. I havne't even cried out of sheer frustration once today

P.S. I am going to kick some hard core fatty this weekend while I am out of town and come home with at least a 0.2 loss!!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #67  
It's mine for the taking

Jillian you have done so well! Congratulations on reaching your goal. I remember when you first came to this forum!

Thanks for the welcome backs Joan & Nicole. The relationship ending is new, we decided 6 weeks ago, but he only just moved out two days ago -- actually all his stuff is here, but he's staying with a friend for now.

I started my new diet today and also met with a physio therapist & my future trainer for a fitness assessment. They will start officially kicking my butt next week. For food I'm basically on protein, lots of leafy greens and a few other things until I lose 20-30 pounds. It reminds me of a neverending TO, so I'm pretty motivated to move on to the next phase...I'll get fruit then!

I just returned from vacation so I weighed in today and had only gained .1, so I'm calling that a success.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #68  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi Angie, welcome back - sorry to hear about your seperation, but I'm glad that you are concentrating on your health - it's hard to do when there is emotional upheaval added into the mix. It sounds like you are gathering a good team around you for expert support, and now you have us for the motivational help too!

I am hanging in there, I've been journalling my food and entering it into FitDay when I get the chance. I still haven't WI, I'm anticipating good news when I do, and I want to be really suprised, so I keep avoiding it.

PS - has anyone looked into the Ideal Protein program? There is a forum on 3FC for it that I was reading, and it is interesting. I'm just not into programs that don't use normal food, though - I would rather have food I can buy and make. However, the concept was intriguing.

Busy weekend for me. We have the Husband/Wife golf tournament tomorrow - that's a lot of fun, with dinner/dancing by the pool afterwards. Then Sunday we have a thrilling day planned: we are trimming our landscaping. Fun Fun Fun (not). DH and I alway flip a coin to see who has to trim the one hedge where the snakes live. I friggin hate snakes.

OK - gotta go. Happy Friday all!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #69  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. i've been quite productive already today. i was done running errands before 9am today. even while toting around my 1yr old. yep..i can do it all. but now i've got a bit of a headache.

i don't think i have much planned for the weekend. gotta get a few new outfits for the kids for school, but that's it! i'm so excited for my DS to finally start pre-school! and my DD will be in 2nd grade. now, if only i could get rid of this 1yr old that keeps following me around.

hope everyone else is doing well and has an enjoyable weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #70  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies! I've almost finished the multitude of tests, appts, etc for my surgery-although I still have to lose 16 lbs. I met with a psychologist the other day and it was actually a really cool thing-luckily he doesn't think I'm a nut-but had some good suggestions and the feedback helped me get unstuck a bit. I've been resisting "dieting" because I know associate it with failure I think-so I'm just focusing on changing some habits and hopefully that will get me going-I've had 2 good days in a row (no snacking at night or having huge portions at dinner!).

This weekend is crazy and will be a challenge food-wise. It's my 20th reunion and also my high school's All-Class reunion. My goal is to focus on socializing. It'll be in the upper 90s all weekend-so not sure i'll want to eat much anyhow. Alcohol however . . .

It's funny-I thought I'd be bummed to be so heavy for this reunion. But I really don't care that much. I'm just excited to see everyone and I'm so much more than just my fat, you know? Life isn't bad at all-but it could be better if I wasn't so heavy-in terms of doing things with Josie, fatigue, maybe a little male companionship . . .

Have a great weekend everyone!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #71  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Good morning everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. I haven't read through posts yet, just grabbing the minute I have while the baby's asleep to finally get on here He hasn't been sleeping much at night lately so i'm beat!! Not going to the gym today I think i'd fall off the eliptical if i did. Definately going tomorrow though! Plan 2 seems to be working well for me so far. The extra starch isn't as bad as I thought, I just try to keep them to the lower calorie starches and i'm okay. Still losing so thats good

Jillian that cake is adorable!!! Looks yummy too
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #72  
It's mine for the taking

Hi all,

Good to see you again Kim!

JM I'm one of the folks who checks in on your adoption blog; I was a regular here when you adopted Josie. She is so beautiful!

Good news this morning, i'm down 2.4lbs, and I needed it -- I woke up ravenous, but that was motivation enough to get me to do my crunches and push-ups like the trainer ordered.

Jillian, I love back to school shopping, can't wait to pick up a few outfits for my little guy, I was just browsing the catalogues. Good luck with your shopping.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #73  
It's mine for the taking

Talking

I'm pretty excited this morning, I've stayed POP for 3 days and this morning I was down by 3lbs again, so a total of 6 now. I'll be so disappointed if I don't lose 3lbs by tomorrow morning...lol. If only the weight loss could stay at this pace, I'd be thin by October.

I can't seem to get my ticker working properly...any ideas on how I can lose that line of type and make it a click-able link again would be appreciated!

Evening update: I finally tried tofu shirataki noodles tonight, I remember hearing Kristen talk about them way back when. Anyway, they have a revolting smell, I had to rinse them a good long time, but I through them in with some chicken and veggies for a stirfry and they were not bad. They are a little elastic-y, but if you keep the images of birds pulling worms out of the ground from your mind, they are quite edible. Cameron (my 5 yr old) called them chinese spaghetti and liked them a lot.

Last edited by Angie; 08-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #74  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Quick hello and welcome back to Angie....(I'm one that isn't following LAWL but like to chat with friends here)..been super busy at work...doing boot camp exercise in the early mornings and the guy held a great class Saturday focused on nutrition and I actually get what he says! I'm thrilled to put my plan in action and it's not rocket science...it's eating a little protein, fibrous carb and healthy carb with each meal...and eating a little meal every 3 hours to keep the metabolism revved up....it's hard to explain and stay tuned to see how it works. It does require planning and I have to try and not give into stress temptations....that will be the hardest part....stress eating...but ONLY I can handle that part. Chris (the nutritionist) realizes no one is going to be perfect, and that life goes on....but he is pretty adamant that we should all eat more clean (no boxes, fast food, etc.) which we all know is healthier anyway....
okay, enuf rant.....
Kim - who had to prune around the snakes???
Julie - how was the reunion......interesting about your talk....what triggered well for you?
Nicole - hope you are having a good time in WI. And that darn foot is doing better.
Jillian - what mountains did you scale this weekend!!?? :-)
Sorry if I miss others....gotta get to bed!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #75  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Ideal Protein

Kim - I just checked out the Ideal Protein diet...didn't take me long to realize it's not for me...I like doing a shake for a meal replacement a few times a week, but not for 2 meals a day....after my nutrition wake up class this weekend, I need to try to eat real food, a balanced mix, as much as possible. I'm trying to get through the New Atkins book to work through my carb addiction...it's always been my big problem and I need to work on it...but, again, with real food...that I can sustain for life! I didn't even see if Ideal Protein is a franchise or mail order or what....but it does have some active posts.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote