3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   August 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/208780-august-2010-a.html)

Kimphin 08-24-2010 03:25 PM

Jillian - Well, now you have all of us scared for you too. Here's the deal - you need to post here everyday. EVERY DAY! You also need to PM some of us your phone #. If we don't see you posting, I am calling you. If you don't answer - expect the authorities to come check on you.

Hoochie 08-24-2010 05:39 PM

Kim- Its good to know that there are others like me out there. I have such a positive attitude about changing my lifestyle with exercise and good eating but I need to put it into practice all the time. I have committed my time to my boot camp until the middle of October. I am really enjoying the classes especailly because they are outdoors. Now I have to commit to eating better even if I give myself a cheat day.....
Jillian- Holy smokes girl, I didnt know about your little girl. thats freaking scary! I hope she is okay. Just keep checking in to say hello and we will know you are okay.....
Alright, gotta run

Joan

juliemarie 08-24-2010 06:04 PM

I finally stopped by that new gym and joined today-what a deal! $204 for 18months (if I prepaid for a year-I got 6 months free). So-averages to just a little more than $11/month. And after that-$99/year. I'm hoping to be able to do a spinning class soon (depends on the knee)-they have these virtual classes with a big screen where you can ride in the Grand Canyon, France, etc.

Now-I just gotta get in there!

JLem311 08-24-2010 07:34 PM

kim, you're too funny! i'm sure i'll be just fine. but if you'd like, i can PM you my # so you have it "just in case!" ;) i love that you all care so much! thank you.

Angie 08-24-2010 07:47 PM

Joan -- If I get in the right mindset I find I don't mind the exercise, I look forward to it. I"m sort of there now, getting to the point where i look forward to my workouts.

Debbie, this is for your DH :frypan: That does make it tough. Tell him if he wants a special nightie for his birthday, like Nicole got for her DH he better stop bringing home cake. :)

I asked my Dr about feeling weak after my workout and he told me to eat a snack, so I bought some of the stuff from their store...if he wants me to eat a cookie, so be it.

Jillian - What a scare! Yes, definitely check in with us here so we know you are okay. How is your DD doing now? I'm trying to keep my attitude and vibes very positive; you are great inspiration for that, another good reason for you to still check in here.

JM -- Great deal on the gym membership! How much time do you have to lose the weight before your surgery? Do you have a deadline, or does the surgery happen once you've lost some?

Debbie24 08-24-2010 09:13 PM

Jillian ~ i'm really so sorry that your DD got hurt and it was that bad. How is she doing now? I'm sure you're way more scared than she is right now but I would be freaking also! I hope she's feeling better. I agree please check in so we know you're ok.

JM ~ Wow that is a great deal! Hope you are able to do the spinning class.

Angie ~ LOL I forgot to mention that he even got some whole wheat lasagna noodles and whole wheat bread. LOL silly man! I told him what you said and he said "guess i'll stop bringing home cake" LMAO.

So i'm not doing so well and not because i've given up or anything just because its been one of those days AND hubby is home. Tomorrow i'm meeting an online friend from my 3yo & 7mo old baby board, I cant wait. We have 7 kids between the 2 of us with 3 each being the same age down to the month.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good evening. Will check back in tomorrow.

Hoochie 08-25-2010 12:36 PM

Debbie- you sound so sad! I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. Hopefully your day gets better:)
I was a boot camp last night and I rocked! I cant move today but it felt great last night. These are the best exercise classes I have ever joined. I work so hard and feel amazing when I am done!
I am going to get there with my body yet....I can already feel myself getting stronger. There are things I could barely do when I started my bootcamp and now I am making it thru these sessions and being able to accomplish so much more. I am just feeling proud of myself today!!!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan

juliemarie 08-25-2010 01:12 PM

Angie-I have to lose 16lbs before surgery and not sure of the timeline. I've just finished all of my appts=though I'm not sure of what will come of the sleep study. I do have apnea but the masks freaked me out. I can't see me wearing them consistently. For surgery-i'll be drugged so that will be fine. We'll have to see.

They want you to lose weight before surgery to ensure that you're committed to the lifestyle change but mainly to reduce the fat around the liver-fewer complications.

JLem311 08-25-2010 01:24 PM

i'm here everyone..alive and well. ;)

Wendelina 08-25-2010 01:57 PM

I'm not doing very well with trying to acquire new habits! Argh. :-(

BarbaraB 08-25-2010 02:41 PM

JM, One of my sister's good friends had weight loss surgery a couple of years ago, and she has done really well. I am sure if she could be successful at it, that you are likely going to do very well. There is no magic cure for obesity, but weight loss surgery is a powerful tool in the fight.

Jillian, Sorry your little girl was hurt. How scary! You need to find someone in a similiar circumstances that needs the same sort of support and make a pact with each other (easier said than done I'm sure). I don't imagine that you really need the life alert or anything, as you are so young and so health (and now fit and trim too!).

Joan, Boot camp sounds so empowering for you.

Kim, I see a Mari Windsor Pilates for only 8$ on amazon... I may just purchase that.

Debbie, It sounds like you need some girlfriend time! We all need other women in our lives for support. This forum is good for that, but there is nothing like a nice long chat with another woman in similiar circumstances.

Angie 08-25-2010 02:43 PM

Hmph. I'm back up to what I weighed last Thursday, before TOM. Yesterday I was at 248…what the heck happened there??? I’ve been on plan since the 22nd (Sunday) so I thought my drop was well earned. Maybe I forgot to take my water pill…hmm. I’m staying on plan anyway, I know it will show up (in a more permanent way) sooner or later. So frustrating!

Wendy -- I hear you, it's hard work to make change happen.

I'm going back to the trainer tonight, but I'm afraid, very afraid. My arms have felt like jello since I was there on Monday. Maybe if he tries to make me do arm stuff again I'll cry and he'll take pity on me.

BarbaraB 08-25-2010 04:21 PM

Angie, I always retain some water when I start exercising. It is not instant muscle, just more swollen inflamed muscles, it goes away in a week or so. Also if you ate anything salty it can pack on the pounds... one time I ate half a jar of pickles and the results on the scale the next day were bad, bad, bad.

juliemarie 08-25-2010 08:57 PM

I did it! Went to the gym for the first time in more than 2 1/2 years and I think it's been 2 years or so since i've tried purposeful exercise. It's embarrassing how hard it was! I could only do 10 min on the elliptical and then I did upper body weights. I had been hoping to do the bicycle-thought it would be easiest on my knee-Hells no-i almost screamed in the gym. The bicycle motion is apparently the WORST of all. I tried to slowly work it out but I was going so slowly the bike didn't register that I was pedaling. ;) The elliptical wasn't horrible but it didn't feel good either. But I think it's the best i can do for now. The knee is sore now and i can't take any more alleve today. Though I might anyway!

Angie 08-25-2010 09:01 PM

Thanks Barbara, I love getting your insight about working out, I don't really know anything first hand about the physiology. I'm pretty sure I'm good on sodium, but I may have gone a little high and not realized it. I ate out twice over the weekend.

Went to the trainer today and he did take it easy on me when my left shoulder was aching. It was the only thing I asked for mercy on, so I"m proud of what I did do.