3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La Weightloss # 53 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/20053-la-weightloss-53-a.html)

dianem1 09-13-2002 10:58 AM

La Weightloss # 53

I think it is time for a new one

Jibbelle 09-13-2002 12:01 PM

I think you are right! Thanks Diane.

Fran M 09-13-2002 05:20 PM

Jibelle,
I wish you luck in your weigh tomorrow at WW. :dancer: Hope all goes well!

Ladies who don't know me- Hi, My name is Fran. I lost 44 pounds on WW BUT I lost the first 10 with LAWL. It is a matter of choice either way you are all doing something to help yourselves:D

Nice talking to you all,

Fran:cheese:

Jibbelle 09-13-2002 06:19 PM

Hey Fran-
Good to hear from you again. Are you still losing or are you at your goal weight?

dianem1 09-13-2002 08:21 PM

Fran and Marcie:
Did you find it an easy switch from going to WW from LA?
I just get so overwhelmed with so many food choices.
I guess that is what using a diary is all about.
Good luck tomarrow Marcie with your Weigh in, Do you stay for the meetings.
Diane

Jibbelle 09-13-2002 09:18 PM

When I first joined they gave me a booklet with tons of recipes...actually, a couple different booklets. One had several examples of a whole days worth of points...entire daily menus with pictures of everything! I think this really helped me because I got a lot of ideas on what to fix. You really can eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your point range. All the veggies we are accustomed to eating on LA are zero point veggies!!! So you can use them as fillers. The leader lady told me that no one gets fat from eating veggies. :lol:

I always stay for the meetings. They give you lots of ideas and only last about 1/2 hour. She starts them buy giving awards to people who have made goals....either 5, 10, 15....lbs or percentages of their weight 10, 20, 30%. It is inspiring. I can not wait to make my first 5 and get recognized! There are also a few lifetimers in my meeting who always have good advice!

I kind of like the group meeting better than one on one....there isnt so much pressure. You can also talk to the leader or to someone working at the center one on one if you want. They have hours for that, or before/after meetings.

They have never asked me to buy anything either! :lol: They do have some 2 pt chocolate bars that look pretty good!

So basically---I found it to be an easy switch, although I had to eat more food, and it took a few days to ramp up. It was strange ot think I could eat more and lose weight...but I did....3 lbs!

er130 09-13-2002 10:30 PM

To anyone that wanted to take me up on the walking challenge here is what I'm going to do: walk at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes (or more, ), but this way everyone that wants can join me. Let's start tomorrow and let each other know at least once a week how we are doing and if it is helping our weightloss.

Fran M 09-13-2002 10:57 PM

Hi,
Jibelle- I am currently tring to lose 10 more pounds due to the fact that I put on 7 and i still want an additional 3 to go. I guess you can say I got a little cocky
:nono: but I still have nmanged to keep off 37 of the original 44. i am really barreling down on my food choices as well as my exercise. This really is the key to losing weight and/or keeping it off. I had too much fun in the summer time:devil:

Diane- It was quite easy at least for me to switch from LA to WW. I think La taught me to watch my carbs and WW taught me how to eat right FOR LIFE. I realized I couldn't be eating bars the rest of my life so that is why I switched. Also, like Jibelle said I liked the group setting rather than the one on one. I always felt that at LA they were trying to rush me out- just my opinion.

I really think it depends on what you want.
Have a good weekend!!

Fran:D

Jibbelle 09-14-2002 10:07 AM

I just weighed in...down 1.2! WOOHOO

Back to the 50 lb mark by the WW scale.

dianem1 09-14-2002 02:18 PM

Congrats Marcie, I made the switch today.
I was so annoyed when I went to La today, I stayed on plan since last weigh in and did not lose anything. Stayed exactly the same. So then I went to WW after that.
so lets hope I do as well as you and Fran.
Diane
04/06/01 201
09/14/02 153.6
goal 135

Jibbelle 09-14-2002 02:30 PM

I think you will do great! I know you do not have as many points as I, but I am guessing you will get more food than on LA and still be able to lose! And if you are exercising...it will be even better.

After being stuck on LA for months I lost 4.2 lbs during my first two weeks of WW.

Like Fran said, the eating habits I developed while on LA really helps me make good choices on WW. I eat a lot of the same thing, but a few more high fiber starches.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! What day are you going to weigh in?

Fran M 09-14-2002 09:34 PM

Congratulations Marcie:cb: You are doing so well on WW. Keep up with the great work!!

Diane- Congratulations on joining WW!! Sometimes we need a change and I think you made the right decision for yourself. ood Luck and if you have any questions I will be more han happy to answer them for you,

take care:cheese:

Fran

dianem1 09-15-2002 07:47 AM

Thanks Fran and Marcie.
Marcie I weigh in on Saturday. I did o.k. yesterday.
I was thinking to much yesterday about what I can and can't have but has Fran mentioned used what I learned from La and move on. I am not sure what I will do the the La program put it on hold or just quit. I know I have a lot of lites left.
er130 did you start your walking today? Do you walk outside or do you have a treadmill. Have fun. Exercise is one of the things I really enjoy.
diane

Jibbelle 09-15-2002 08:31 AM

Diane-
Are the lites you have left still at the center? If they are they will refund you. I just got a refund check for $149 a few days ago!

Maybe put yourself on hold for a month, just to make sure you like WW and it works for you. At the end of a month....then make a decision about LA. I do not know if they will refund you for unused weeks, but they will refund any bars/supplements you have banked.

Welcome to WW!

Our VCR died yesterday and I do not think I am going to replace it. So...now I am searching for a DVD exercise video. I think I may shop for one today. I am going to check out Best Buy online.

Jibbelle 09-15-2002 12:06 PM

Ok...me again!

Update: I just bought Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile and 2 mile DVD on Best Buy.com for $9.99/ no shipping costs! Not too shabby. If I like it I will buy the 3 mile for another $9.99. You know, it was cheaper to buy them at Best Buy than from Leslies Site! Now if I can just find those handweights and dust them off!

SOOOO....Erin....I am up for your challenge as soon as my DVD arrives! Until then, I will continue to be lazy... :lol: