3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Not seeing it yet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/197010-not-seeing-yet.html)

luciddepths 03-18-2010 12:20 AM

Not seeing it yet?

Ok guys.. since about Mid Feb.. actually before then

I've been eating great eating about 4-5 servings of veggies a day protein.. fruits.. no fast food, no anything really.

I havent noticed a change in anything. I've been working out 3 times a week on average and if im lucky a bit more. I go on my elliptical for 20 minutes or walk the dog for about 30-40 mins.

I'm just not seeing a difference in the scale. I've went on the Take Off yesterday and today to see if it helps but.. I feel kinda.. LOST? maybe im just not doing something right?

I guess the only thing i've noticed so far is my face isnt as fat as it was and my legs are a bit skinnier. Maybe im just not seeing it?

Any advice on how i can kick start things or what i should do?

mj2007 03-18-2010 10:14 AM

May be u need to drop a plan?Like if you are plan 4 go to plan 3

luciddepths 03-18-2010 12:55 PM

The funny thing is that.. i was on a plan that 4 (its what my mom had) because she wasnt using the LA lites.. so i was on that plan.. and i dropped weight and it was coming off steady... then i switched to 3.. and now it just stays the same. Mind you i wasnt eating the bars, but now i am.. so maybe it will start again...

mj2007 03-18-2010 01:25 PM

Oh boy! I dont know...i was 186-ish when I started and they put me on Plan-3 without lites.But im only 5'2 so my calorie needs would be different from yours. But I read something on this forum that if you are 50-70 lbs overweight, you start with plan-2 with lites OR plan-3 without lites

Where did you finally get the bars from? R u using the Luna bars?

luciddepths 03-18-2010 01:50 PM

HMM im not sure i'm 5'6 and 212lbs I was reading the LAWL break down and it said for plan 3..or 4 with out the lites...

Oh found them at super store :P i checked again.

luciddepths 03-18-2010 01:54 PM

Just a side note.. maybe i am doing ok.. considering LAST Jan.. i was 225.. and this time i'm 212... mind you last december i was 203 :(

so here is to hoping! i'm thinking i should switch back to what i was on originally, that seemed to be what my body needed, but man it was HARD to eat all that food.

mj2007 03-18-2010 02:30 PM

I know what you mean by a lot of food :D....actually ppl who gain weight mostly eat lot of calorie dense food like a small piece of cake or 1/2 a donut can actually contain twice amount of starches or fats we need for a day.LAWL simply teaches you to choose the right kind of food...like unlimited green veggies etc. When i started this program...i thought OMG...how can i lose if i eat all this!!! But thats the trick...too much food too few calories...frequent eating stabilizes out blood sugar...therefore we lose weight in no time :)

marzbe 03-19-2010 07:18 PM

Do not get on the scale! It will drive you insane.

I was bouncing between the same 4 pounds for months when I was losing. It was driving me insane, COD at one point would not let me see the scale. I dropped an average of 5 inches a month through out that period. If you're noticing a difference in the size of your legs, you might be converting fat to muscle. Muscle is denser, so you can seem smaller without seeing a change on the scale.

I aim to maintain at around 160, and at that weight my waist is usually at 28 inches.

luciddepths 03-21-2010 11:07 AM

thats what i think ill have to do for a bit is just keep eating healthy and working out as much as i can..

One thing im also doing is my DH's sister is a nutritionist/dietitian and so im going to get her to help me out. She knows alot of the major foods that are the best for the body and also how to prevent diabetes etc.. :D so im excited about that.

AndreaMarie 03-22-2010 07:59 AM

Can you post a sample of what you eat??

luciddepths 03-22-2010 02:35 PM

Oh ok sure!:)

well on average this is what i do
my plan is 3 pro, 3 fruit, 2 dairy, 4st, 4 veggies, 2fat

i take this to work

about 4.5 cups of veggies (celery and snap peas) (counts as 4 veggies)
sometimes i take about 2 tbsp of peanut butter or a light dip.

2 cups of strawberries and 1/4th cup of light ricotta cheese with a packet of splenda and a 1/2tbsp of vanilla. (counts as 2 fruit and 1/2 dairy)

depending on the day for lunch i take
example: stew - 1 cup (has potatoes*i try and make sure there is only a few in there*, chicken, corn, peas) ( i assume it counts as a starch and protein)

example: 1/4 cup rice and 1 chicken breast cut up with sauce on it( buffalo hot sauce on it with no fat cream cheese mixed)

example: 1 cup spinach and that chicken cut up again

Rice cakes (depends on the day if i take the spinach or the rice) but i take either 2 or 4 so it counts as 1 st or 2..

If i take the stew i take a slice of flax bread i assume its a 1/2 starch? or 1..

a cottage cheese/fruit cup - 1 protien

***** thats usually what i take to work..
for break fast i have a st and dairy, i have 3/4th cup of All Bran and a cup of milk

when i get home for supper
its... 1/4th cup mashed potato
1/2cup broccoli
1 chicken breast or 1 pork chop..

THEN lol i drink about 2-3 litres of water.

luciddepths 03-22-2010 02:36 PM

also i avoid sugars/salts (besides fruits for sugars) and generally i do not cook with fats i just use water or grill.. almost every 2 weeks i eat a chocolate egg.. thats about it.

mj2007 03-22-2010 03:24 PM

Hi

I don't wanna sound like i am preaching...but i do think there is a confusion regarding portion size.I will write point wise.

1)2 Tbsp peanut butter???? Is that lite p.butter or regular??
2 Tbsp p. butter lite = 4 fats
2 Tbsp p. butter regular ==== !!!!!!!!!! I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

2) 1/4 cup ricotta = 1 Dairy NOT 1/2 D
3)Stew:
Do you measure the amount of chicken ? For breast meat 4 oz = 1 P
dark meat 3oz = 1 P
Do you measure how many potatoes?
Potatoes + peas+ corn ==== sounds like more than 1 starch to me!!!!

4) 1 flax bread regular ( 90-130 cal) 1 starch
1 flax bread lite ( 50 cal- 60 cal)= 1 /2 starch

I think your problem is TOO MUCH FOOD!!!!

luciddepths 03-22-2010 05:00 PM

the 2tbsp of peanut butter is the light
the ricotta i use the recipe from the la lite cook book for the crepes for the strawberry filling one and it shows that the weighed amount of ricotta for one serving so because i do the strawberries 2 times it measures out to be 1/4th cup of ricotta so yes its 1 sorry :)

for the stew what i did was the potatoes used in it were the small baby ones i make sure there is 3...small ones.. the chicken is harder to measure but i put in the same amount as those frozen dinners, but the other stuff there is less than 1/4th of a cup mixed.. (my mom made it..= no regard for veggies :()

AndreaMarie 03-22-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciddepths (Post 3212709)
Oh ok sure!:)

well on average this is what i do
my plan is 3 pro, 3 fruit, 2 dairy, 4st, 4 veggies, 2fat

i take this to work

about 4.5 cups of veggies (celery and snap peas) (counts as 4 veggies)
sometimes i take about 2 tbsp of peanut butter or a light dip.

Do you count your dip?? Your peanut butter would be either 4 FATS OR 1 PROTEIN. With light dip 2 tbs. would equal one FAT.

2 cups of strawberries and 1/4th cup of light ricotta cheese with a packet of splenda and a 1/2tbsp of vanilla. (counts as 2 fruit and 1/2 dairy)

This was already corrected :)

depending on the day for lunch i take
example: stew - 1 cup (has potatoes*i try and make sure there is only a few in there*, chicken, corn, peas) ( i assume it counts as a starch and protein)

if this is homemade you would need to count a protein, a starch and a fat for a 1 cup serving assuming that it also has vegetables in it to bulk it up, if it doesn't already have the veggies you could always add some ;)

example: 1/4 cup rice and 1 chicken breast cut up with sauce on it( buffalo hot sauce on it with no fat cream cheese mixed)

example: 1 cup spinach and that chicken cut up again

Rice cakes (depends on the day if i take the spinach or the rice) but i take either 2 or 4 so it counts as 1 st or 2..

If i take the stew i take a slice of flax bread i assume its a 1/2 starch? or 1..

Whats the calories in your slice of bread. If it is under fifty then yes, 1/2 a starch is correct. 51-120 would be one starch, any more than that and you need to count it for two.

a cottage cheese/fruit cup - 1 protien

Is this lowfat or fat free cottage cheese? Are you counting the fruit as a fruit in your daily total?

***** thats usually what i take to work..
for break fast i have a st and dairy, i have 3/4th cup of All Bran and a cup of milk

when i get home for supper
its... 1/4th cup mashed potato
1/2cup broccoli
1 chicken breast or 1 pork chop..

THEN lol i drink about 2-3 litres of water.

Are you weighing and measuring ALL your food, including meats??

I know it's lots of questions but I'm just tryping to help, not pick it apart so please don't take it that way. I worked there for a very long time so I'm pretty familar with the plans.