Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 07:31 PM   #16  

I just quit...I actually told them I was relocating...hehehe. I only had two weeks left, so I did not care about losing them.

I am planning on posting here still!

Guess what I had today?? A banana! WOOHOO
Old 09-01-2002, 09:15 AM   #17  

Hey Marcie:
Enjoy the banana. Do you feel excited about starting a new program after being on La so long, have you done WW before?
Diane
Old 09-01-2002, 10:08 AM   #18  

I am very excited. I just lost my motivation on the LA plan. I have never done WW before, but so far I really like it. So much more variety in the diet. You can eat what you want within your point range, but they suggest eating more whole grains and fresh fruits/veggies than proteins. It is kind of the opposite from what you do in LA.

I am on day 2 and have had no urges to cheat at all! Even last night when Matt was eating ice cream! I am not sure if it is because of the variety of food I am getting or if it is because of the new program and a new sense of motivation! But whatever it is, I like it!

So far so good! I guess I will see how I am doing when I go to weigh in on Saturday. She said it may take a couple weeks to lose anything, since my body is readjusting to the new diet...especially since this one has more food! Well...depending on how you spend your points! I guess a big mac and large fries would take almost a whole days worth of points. They do have a lot of foods that are 0 points. Most are the veggies that were on the LA plan.

Will keep you posted!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #19  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry New Beginnings

Jibelle,

You sound pleased with the new plan. That is wonderful. I'm glad you will be keeping us posted on your success. You are such an inspiration to this group.

I have really had a hard time sticking to my plan during this pre-wedding stuff. Hopefully I will not have gained too much when I weigh in tomorrow. I must admit, it's hard to concentrate on LAWL with the wedding so close. However, I do want to look my best on the special day.

You all seem to be doing so well. It's good to know someone is. Hopefully, my motivation will spring back soon. I would love to see my goal weight ASAP. Strangely enough, my husband-to-be keeps begging me to stop at 160. He knew me when from the time I was 108 all the way up to 200, and he preferred my appearance on the "upside." He stresses that he wants me to be happy, but that I shouldn't be obsessed with it. I suppose he's right. He's very supportive, and it's nice to have someone who thinks I'm beautiful with or without the weight.

Well, I'm rambling, so I'll close now. I'll be back with weigh-in results tomorrow!

Joy
Old 09-03-2002, 11:02 AM   #20  

Jibbelle:
I am glad you are enjoying the points system and the variety.
I have ten weeks left with LA and I am going to see if I could turn things around and get back on track. I was tempted when you joined WW but I figured ten weeks there would cost me another $89.50.
Joy I am glad you have the extra support, it helps alot. Good luck this week with Everything. Are you going to show us a picture of the special day?
Diane
Old 09-03-2002, 11:17 AM   #21  

Diane-
You are soooo close! You should keep at it...I am sure you can do it! It isnt worth switching to another plan unless you cant make LA work in the next 10 weeks. At that point....maybe it is worth considering.

Joy-
Your wedding is right around the corner!! I hope I am saying the same thing soon. When do I get my ring?? Darn that boyfriend of mine! LOL
Old 09-03-2002, 02:31 PM   #22  

Good Morning all!

I am so happy! I just made the 20# mark today! Thank God!

Jibbelle- I'm so happy your digging WW's now. I hope it really works out for you and i'm also happy your going to continue posting here.

Joy- I'm so glad your hubby-to-be is so supportive. Must feel good to know he's in your corner no matter what weight you are! I hope your motivations comes back soon, but you have so much on your plate right now w/ the upcoming wedding it's understandable!

Kathy
184/164/120 or 130
Old 09-04-2002, 08:56 AM   #23  
LAWL Center Manager

Cool Bad News

Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I weighed in with a 2 poung gain. The good news is that I'll be a married woman in 2 days!

My counselor put me on the 2-day Express to try and get rid of a few last pounds before the big day. Hopefully, my dress will fit a little loose when this is all over, because I know the plan is out the door for Saturday, but I will do my best to get right back on point thereafter.

My progress is very slow on this plan, but it is working. Hopefully, my motivation will come back after all this other excitement (and stress) is over! I'll keep you all posted.

It's good to see that others are still making progress. Kathy, I can't wait to get where you are!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:02 AM   #24  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi guys, just checking in to let you know i made it through the first day. it wasn't too bad, but i'm not crazy about this juice. I'm drinking the recommended amount of juice, but i'm diluting it like crazy.

Jibbelle, just wanted to wish you luck on WW. I have a friend who's doing it and she really likes it. I think she's lost about 20 pounds now. I thought about doing it, but felt like i needed a little more structure. If i have too many choices, i know i'll make the wrong ones!

Kitkat congrats on the 20 pound mark. that's awesome.

JoyUvette - congrats on the wedding. you must be really ready to get it over with by now after all the planning. what's your dress like???
Old 09-04-2002, 02:27 PM   #25  
LAWL Center Manager

Default The Wedding Dress

Here's the wedding dress...
Old 09-04-2002, 02:29 PM   #26  
LAWL Center Manager

Default And the front...

This is the front view...

Thanks to LAWL, I can wear it in size 11 on the big day!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:42 PM   #27  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

OMG! That's gorgeous!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #28  

Joy that is an absolutely beautiful dress. You are going to be beautiful in it. Congratulations for being able to fit it. You must be on cloud nine right now. Have a wonderful Wedding and don't forget to post in from time to time to let us know how the newlyweds are doing. We will be with you in spirit.

I am not doing to well right now myself. Losing motivation again.
Should of weighed in today but didn't. Shame on me.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:32 PM   #29  

Beautiful dress! I am so excited for you! You need to post some wedding pics when you get them!!! Would love to see them!

Where is the honeymoon?

I am soooo jealous! I wanna ring!!!!!

Gringa-
I agree with you about the juice, I do not like it much either. They did tell you that you dilute it in half right?? Some people say it is better when it is very cold, almost frozen. Maybe try that! I put lots of ice in mine.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:09 PM   #30  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Yeah. i diluted it as directed, then i diluted it some more. it's not horrible, but it's not very tasty. of course, i'm coming down with a cold too, so that may be why i find it sort of gross. oh well, i just finished all the juice i have to drink for today. i'll try drinking it really cold tomorrow. thanks for the info.
Closed Thread