Sweets are evil but oh so good!!!!

Small amounts to help with those cravings are good
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #17  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hi to everyone,
All the talk of sweets led me to a Smores Luna Bar. I love Luna's, they are the only reason I haven't cheated with a Snickers. Hard to get it through my head that I can really have them on this plan.

So this is my husbands 2nd week and he has lost 10 lbs. Not even really sticking completely to it but still losing. I'm so jealous!!

I have not weighed since last week so dunno about me. The only problem I have had with LAWL so far is the gas. Seriously, I could have used a warning. What's the deal with that? I'm going to have to start taking Gas X or something.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #18  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkantana View Post
Hi to everyone,
All the talk of sweets led me to a Smores Luna Bar. I love Luna's, they are the only reason I haven't cheated with a Snickers. Hard to get it through my head that I can really have them on this plan.

So this is my husbands 2nd week and he has lost 10 lbs. Not even really sticking completely to it but still losing. I'm so jealous!!

I have not weighed since last week so dunno about me. The only problem I have had with LAWL so far is the gas. Seriously, I could have used a warning. What's the deal with that? I'm going to have to start taking Gas X or something.
i love the Special K Protein Meal bars in Double Chocolate. totally tastes like a candy bar!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #19  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

Arkantana- you might want to take a look at your food choices. Legumes/beans i can cause gas formation for certain people.Also, are you drinking enough water?

Surprisingly, 99% of people I have met so far who have weight issues have a sweet tooth.I would say sugar is more responsible for weight gain than fat TOM makes my sweet craving worst.Last night I had 2 squares of Hershey's Dark chocolate with my tea.I am tired of the Luna bars and thinking of switching to Zone Bars for Take-off days.

Anyone tried Zone Bars?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #20  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2007 View Post
Hey all

Arkantana- you might want to take a look at your food choices. Legumes/beans i can cause gas formation for certain people.Also, are you drinking enough water?

Surprisingly, 99% of people I have met so far who have weight issues have a sweet tooth.I would say sugar is more responsible for weight gain than fat TOM makes my sweet craving worst.Last night I had 2 squares of Hershey's Dark chocolate with my tea.I am tired of the Luna bars and thinking of switching to Zone Bars for Take-off days.

Anyone tried Zone Bars?
i've tried zone bars before and they're pretty good. i just like the special K ones the better for taste and fiber content. some of the zone bars have higher calories too.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/182/125

Hello All,

I was hoping to be able to join your conversations on LA weight loss. I did it about 4-5 years ago and was sucessful but have unfortuanlly gained the weight back and have recently decided to start the program up again hte begining of this year. I have already lost 11 pounds! I was super excited when I found this site because it is great to have support with others who are on the same weight loss program. I hope to be able to talk to you all more.

thanks, Christina
Christina2629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #22  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Mama Nicole: sweets suck....hang in there girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkantana View Post
Hi to everyone,
Forget sweets, men suck!

DH gave up beer, during the week only, and lost 10 lbs. I always say I could give up EATING, and gain weight.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #23  

I am also using the Luna bars. I have tried the zone bars and they were good but they do have more calories but also bore fiber and protein in most.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #24  
Kim - IP 9/10

Welcome Christina!

Which reminds me, where's Kristen? Was she moving this soon?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #25  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies....hey, did Dan disappear???
I got a big $3.40 check from the folks at Slim Fast as a result of their recall....made me think I should try Slim Fasting for a week to see what happens...? Lately, I just feel lazy about cooking...and work is busy and I don't want to think....Has anyone ever done the true Slim Fast program where you eat two shake meals and one real meal?? I should try it and post my results...sort of like Nicole posts her results after a 30 day shred event.

I need to go to bed..............spinning in the early morning!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #26  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Kimphin - I like your LOVELY ticker...how valentiney!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #27  
Kim - IP 9/10

I will like it better when the slider moves over.

Christina - I am still doing the colored plans, so I don't really have a handle of the rapid results stuff.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #28  

I think I am going to do the colored plans too because I feel more comfortable with them and they are what I used before to lose weight.

How many posts do you need before you can do a ticker?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #29  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Yup...I am actually off to buy some luna bars myself today. They sell them at Shoppers Drug Mart. They are hard to find in Canada unless you order them over the Internet.
Anyone watch TBL last night. I was so sad to see John go home but wow has he ever done well on his own. The show always gives me a little boost of inspiration. I actually only need to lose 15 more pounds which sounds easy but its just not getting done.
My goal is 2 pounds this week. I think I am going to start my 30 day shredd again. My husband said he would do it with me so it sounds like a plan!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #30  
WonderWoman

hello all. just wanted to check in and say hi and see how everyone's doing.

i was down another pound when i got on the scale today. i'm pretty happy since i usually get stuck on one number for quite a long time.

anyways, i hope everyone is journaling and EXERCISING!!