Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #46  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Speaking of NAMI...
I also wanted to add that the need for private donations will become increasingly important as the organization will be facing lots of cuts in programs they have been providing due to major budget cuts at the state and federal level. Just happened to see the rep for Montana NAMI speaking to a legislative committee about this on tv today.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #47  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
i figured you were talking about her! she's tough.
Nope-I WAS talking about you! You're our resident drill sergeant, right? And now you've even got the military do!

Last edited by juliemarie; 01-29-2010 at 01:01 AM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #48  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Nope-I WAS talking about you! You're our resident drill sergeant, right? And now you've even got the military do!
awesome! yes, i've become known for a militant style of motivating people! some people love it (mostly because they know i care so much about them and their health) and some people are too sensitive and hate it. either way, it's who i am and it definitely motivates most people! and yep, now i have the military haircut to match!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #49  

Well OK Jillian you can be as hard on me as you want. I would appreciate it. I'm motivated but I believe I'm an emotional eater even though the weight came on due to illness and associated medication. Its was easy for me over the years to drop 12 lbs or so if I needed but I'm looking at 40 now and just can't grasp how to stay motivated for a long time to get it "all" off. So Please feel free!!
Beejene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #50  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
awesome! yes, i've become known for a militant style of motivating people! some people love it (mostly because they know i care so much about them and their health) and some people are too sensitive and hate it. either way, it's who i am and it definitely motivates most people! and yep, now i have the military haircut to match!
ha ha ha, what up, GI JANE!!!!!
Personally, I love the fact that I have to report to Jillian (JLem) today after I work out...and if I don't, yeah, she will stalk me on Twitter, FB, email....whatever it takes. Yeah, we all respond to different motivational tactics.....but I can tell you all, you will never get better support than you will from JLem.

And JM (JulieMarie).....you freakin' crack me up, girl

Joni.....my friend who works for the YMCA is also a huge suporter of NAMI. She is hoping to involve them in some new programs to help people with mental illness have access to the Y and with personal training to help combat their illnesses along with medical treatment Very good organization from all I hear.

Ok, have to get my boy on the bus and then sweat my bootie off. Have a great day everyone, and take good care of yourself today. Take that extra 5 minutes to prepare a healthy lunch, and cook with your kids or husband or a friend tonight......make good fuel for your body
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #51  
WonderWoman

heck yes!!! GI JANE!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #52  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

GI Jill, LOL.

Joni - Ya know, if you wanna win your 12 week thing at the gym - you are gonna have to go there, girl! Get thy butt in and go to a class! My new fav is Body Jam - lots of fun, and my instructor turns the lights off, so I can actually pretend I look like I am doing hip hop, and not the actual look of me having some sort of siezure to music. Synchronized seizure!!! LOL. I kill myself....

OK - I just had a Dunkin Donuts coffee - my first caffeine in about 3 weeks. I am a little silly (er) today...
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #53  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
GI Jill, LOL.

Joni - Ya know, if you wanna win your 12 week thing at the gym - you are gonna have to go there, girl! Get thy butt in and go to a class! My new fav is Body Jam - lots of fun, and my instructor turns the lights off, so I can actually pretend I look like I am doing hip hop, and not the actual look of me having some sort of siezure to music. Synchronized seizure!!! LOL. I kill myself....

OK - I just had a Dunkin Donuts coffee - my first caffeine in about 3 weeks. I am a little silly (er) today...
YES... GI JILL. i'll be changing my real name immediately.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #54  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

you ladies are funny...
enjoy your friday!!
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #55  

Hi can someone tell me where to find and how to use the weight loss rulers that some of you have on your threads.
thanks so much and have a great weekend
Beejene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #56  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Darn it!!!! I MEANT to write GI Jillian..........but had GI Jane on my mind...lol! I think you ought not shorten it to GI Jill........I love your name
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #57  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejene View Post
Hi can someone tell me where to find and how to use the weight loss rulers that some of you have on your threads.
thanks so much and have a great weekend
Pretty sure you have to have twenty posts....and then there is a drop down menu on "quick links" that will bring you to "sig weight tracker"
Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #58  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

...Kids have been beg'n me for pizza. Hubby has a class tonight so I decided to buy a lean cusine for me and get pizza for the kids. It will be hard not to eat it, but I'm determined to stay on track!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #59  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSassy View Post
...Kids have been beg'n me for pizza. Hubby has a class tonight so I decided to buy a lean cusine for me and get pizza for the kids. It will be hard not to eat it, but I'm determined to stay on track!
what about a lean cuisine pizza? the veggie ones are really great! that's what i give my kids when they ask for pizza and i don't feel like making it. it's perfect size for them too.
great job on wanting to stay on track!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #60  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

i didn't know they made those! They only had like five different ones to choose from at Walmart. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the pizza!