Old 01-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #31  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hey there Amy! I haven't been on FB at all lately, and I can't get there from work, so this is my way of keeping up with everyone - glad you checked in.

I went to a Body Jam class at the gym last night (kinda like Zumba) I felt like a total spaz, but so did everyone else there! Kinda funny. I am considering joining their 'biggest loser' competition for their 3rd wave of contestants on Feb 1. The end date would be the end of April, so I will be able to lose anything I might gain in Jamaica before the final WI.

Has anyone here had swai (it's a type of fish)? They were out of tilapia at our grocery store, so the guy talked me into the swai. I haven't tried it yet - maybe this weekend. Just wondering how it tastes.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. Work, Life,Snow everything is taking over. There is something with me and winter when I am stuck inside more I eat way more. I have been trying to resist but temptation is taking over. I know at any moment the scale will definately start reflecting my mistakes. I did the 30 day shred twice last week Just about killed me. Which should not be a suprise but sort of was. I have to do something and fast before I spiral out of control as I have done in the past.

I think that I am going to join weight watchers I think I need accountability. That will help me the most. I am going to go and look that up on line right now. I would love to join LA again but the money is just not there. It would be nice if they would let me weigh in and incourage me for free???
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #33  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

thanks for the encouragement...dropped one more pound today...You'd think I won the lotto...very bouncy and light on my feet today! Kids are like what did you do thats make'n you so smiley?? LOL

Cleaning and dancing it out with the tunes all morning!
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #34  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Amy,
I can totally relate to the problems during the winter months. Since moving to Montana from the south 2 yrs ago, I went from a 7/9 to a 12 in size, which is why I'm here. You did the shred twice last week, thats great! Twice more than I did. Maybe try to find more to do indoors that you already do, just bump it up a little. Like Mrs.Sassy, blast some tunes while you are cleaning the house and dance, dance , dance! Give yourself some credit for what you are doing and push forward. You can do this
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #35  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Thanks JerseyAmy...good to see you after a while

Hey everyone..I am having a busy day as usual. It is 3:30 in the afternoon and i was sooo hungry and for the fisrt time, without snacks...then I opened a Crystal Lite Iced tea packet and added to my bottle of water...wow...this stuff kills hunger!!May be it is the sugary taste...or the tea...but thought I\d share my experience. Try it next time you are hungry
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #36  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

Hot tea with splenda was my fix today...warmed me up and filled me up!
~kelly
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #37  
Amy

So, I tried Starbucks Skinny Latte Vanilla. Mmm!! And 90 calories!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #38  
Back in the saddle!

Howdy ho, ladies!

Good news, the soreness is pretty much over, so persistence is paying off. I did manage to twist my knee a while back, and it's acting up again. Another reason to get this weight off -- my poor knees!

So far so good, the weight is falling off this week. I'm sure it's mostly water, but it's oh so encouraging! Monday will be week 1. We'll see if it stays off through the next couple weeks. I'd love to exceed my goal by a lot! Give me a head start for the next several minigoals.

I'll write more later ... the kids are acting crazy!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #39  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies.....I just wanted to share that I completed day 9 of the shred....and so did Jillian...and I meant JLem, not Jillian Michaels....HA!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #40  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Good for you Nicole - I have been doing Shred on my non-gym days, So I am on day 5(obviously not in a row...) Gym again tonight. It's funny - I dreaded going back - like a sit-in-the-car-in-the-parking-lot-not-going-in kind of dread. But now that I went back, I love it. It is literally around the corner from my house - I am such an idiot for not going for the past months.

We've been remodeling our master bathroom for the past 4 months or so. Normally we wouldn't do that over the holidays, but an untimely leak made the decision for us. DH took today off - and it will be completed by Monday! I am thrilled - we've been using the guest bathroom - but it is really small with not a lot of storage space, so I've been bringing what I need into the bathroom every morning - and that is an added 5 minutes of work I don't need in the morning. I love my new MasterB - corian counter with an integrated sink, Pergo floor, glass and marble tiles. It's the nicest room in the house, LOL.

OK, have a work luncheon this afternoon - at our regional High School vo-tech center with the culinary arts kids cooking. Yummy - but, generally not OP. Ugh.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #41  
Amy

Kim- your bathroom sounds awesome! Post some pics when it's complete?? Good for you getting out of the car and going into the gym. I totally feel the dread too, why does it have such a power over us??

Nicole-WTG on the Shred! You're more of a woman than I am! I made it to day 5 when I did it, then got bored, and was too much of a wuss to go to level 2!

MJ- I love Crystal Lite iced tea! Will have to put some packets in my desk for s fix! Gum works for a craving, but you end up hungrier later!

So it's going into the 50s today, so the snow will continue to melt! I am waiting for the snow to melt on an outdoor track at my office so I can wAlk on my lunch. Downloaded the c25k to my iPod. So between that and my Nike+ on here I am set! I'll be walking for at least 2 weeks before attempting the running program. My goal is to be running continuously by May when tennis starts. I found a tennis clinic to play in!!

Dh couldn't sleep last night so he cleaned my kitchen, it's freakin spotless! We've been without a dishwasher for over a month now and dang those dishes add up!! When I didn't work it was no big deal... Now I can't catch up! We ordered an LG one to match the other appliances from Home Depot, bur they keep pushing the delivery date back! So we cancelled and ordered a Bosch from Lowes, a better quality dishwasher too! Am so excited!!

Oh, and I'm off today for a Virginia holiday Lee Jackson Day. wow, being a confederate is ok!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #42  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

challenging day ahead of me...Physical Therapy then grocery shopping. My old routine would be to stop and get a happy meal at McD for lunch! Today I made a lunch for myself ....and bringing 3 bottles of water. Blinders on in the check outs! NO CANDY BARS!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #43  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Today is errand day for me. Groceries, gas, drugstore and go to the vet for a prescription for Chancey. Nothing fantastic by any means but they have to be done.

Got my hair done yesterday so roots are all gone for a few weeks and it is shaped again. Did the usual..red with the blond foils. Everyone likes it this way so I leave it for now. Got it shaped a bit more this time cause my hair grows so dang fast it loses its shape easily. I get my hair done exactly every 6 weeks and there is at least an inch of roots. This time there was a little over and inch. It's good if I ever want to grow it out at all though LOL.

Making dinner this weekend for MIL. She wants to come over to watch a movie I have so we'll do dinner as well.

other than that just me and Chance hanging out for the weekend as usual. Oh AND I have a lunch date tomorrow...yes a real date! ha ha.

Must go get ready to battle the people in the store...hope everyone has a good day!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #44  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Mrs Sassy,
Hope you don't mind me asking but is the Physical therapy for you or your kids. My six year old gets therapy every week. They say he has lack of coordination and poor muscle control. It has been a bit of an adventure for me to get him there and to realize he is not broken just needs a little adjusting. The holidays were terrble for me. I gained almost ten pounds and frankly enjoyed every bite. I am still hoping it will come off quick because of how quick it went on. Here's to hoping and trying to eat better. It's amazing how quick the old habits come back. I don't know who said it but I find myself constantly thinking about food now too and also not in the good way of planning out what's next. Well dinner party tonight and my DD and my birthday party this sunday!! Monday will be here soon and I will try not to be discouraged Hope you all have a great weekend.
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #45  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all! just thought i'd pop in quick and say hi.
yep, Nicole and i are on day #10 of the Shred. (this is our 2nd time around doing it too!)

having a slumber party with the kids tonight, so that should be fun!

hope everyone has a great weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote