Friends and Losers: Jan 11-17, 2010

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I just came from a work meeting that has made my head hurt, so I had to stop in here before hitting the grind again. Seriously - I would love to come out of a meeting sometime and not have a mind-boggling amount of ju-ju to accomplish! Argh!

Went to the gym last night - MJ is right - it felt good to go back. I would love to get my butt up and go before work, but I do love my bed. Plus, I don't think I would have time to get my hair dried before I had to go to work. Muscles are now just starting to stiffen up, so I should be completely paralyzed in about 2 hours.

I spend a lot of my time lately watching non-fat people and the way that they approach food. It is very interesting. Even after all of these years of being a fatty, I didn't really think that I had any food issues - I just thought I liked it too much. Denial is my friend, apparently, because I don't think that thin people think about food as much as I do. I start thinking about what and when my next food intake will be even before I finish what I have to eat at that time, and I do not mean that in a "I am planning all of my food properly" kind of way. I am going to try to not look toward my next meal for the rest of the week - there, I have set a non-sclae goal for the week.

OK, gotta start the ju-ju!
  • Kim - I too headed back to classes at the gym early this morning...your line cracked me up "Muscles are now just starting to stiffen up, so I should be completely paralyzed in about 2 hours." Sorry work gave you a headache!

MJ - hi....I keep checking in for the same reason...there's just some good energy on this site.

Sy - I, too, have to realize that weight loss is extremely slower than it used to be but I just have to hang in there. But, it's really hard. The 'experts' at the gym said I need to eat right, do cardio 3 xs a week and strength train 2x a week. I'm going to do it their way for a few weeks; let them analyze my food log, and see what they have to say. If my past repeats itself, I won't be too happy, but any loss is better than a gain!

Katie - Best of luck with your decision....if you don't do it now you would always wonder "what if"...at least you have a plan and a passion....that, to me, is key!!!

I started my Biggest Loser competition at my gym and the number on the scale was not pretty.....(note to self; don't weigh at night...EVER!)....I'm posting my start weight on this site based on my home sclae....the number still is not pretty but not as bad as last night.....Day 1 has gone good....and I'm just taking it one day at a time!
  • only been back on the plan for a week....lost five pounds in 4 days and now i'm just kinda stuck at 5 lbs.
    Am I expecting too much?
  • Hi, all. Not much time tonite. Looks like we're all hanging in there! 2 days POP + exercise.

GL this week ladies!
  • good morning all. just thought i'd check in, say hi and see how everyone's doing. i'm still going at it with the exercise, etc. and still hanging at the 201 mark. guess my body just doesn't wanna get under 200 just yet. but i will. i've got a few more months before baby X turns 1yr old, so hopefully i can make it close to my goal before then, if not..i'm still gonna keep going.
    lots going on in my life right now, but i'm not letting that derail me at all.

hope everyone is having a great week thus far.
  • I started a thread on EODD if anyone is interested.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-day-diet.html
  • Mrs Sassy - You are doing great so far, don't get discouraged yet! Hang in there and if you stay on plan, you will see results.

Had a little accident with some cake this morning. It was a small 1" square, so I'll have to work that off later. Staying FAR away from the break room from now on!
  • Kim, way to keep a positive perspective ... 1" can be worked off no problem, right? ikwym about breakrooms. I run a training department and we have snacks all day long for our trainees sitting in the hall on a long table. Everything from donuts to coffee cake to chips & dip to cheese & crackers to veggie tray. So I try to look straight ahead when I walk up and down the hall.

Jillian, you are so close!!! It won't be long until you're in onederland again! How much fun 9 month olds are! So smiley and cute.

MrsSassy, 5 lbs in 4 days is awesome!!!

Joni, I can't wait to be where you are ... I have a LONG way away.

Hello to everyone else!

I'm having a day of procrastination... and I need to catch up. Weight loss is going fine. Exercise is going fine (except for my really sore body). But work ... ugh... I'm putting something together that I have no idea about, which makes it tough. I'll keep my head up and know that I'll eventually get it done, I always do.
  • Quote: Kim, way to keep a positive perspective ... 1" can be worked off no problem, right? ikwym about breakrooms. I run a training department and we have snacks all day long for our trainees sitting in the hall on a long table. Everything from donuts to coffee cake to chips & dip to cheese & crackers to veggie tray. So I try to look straight ahead when I walk up and down the hall.

Jillian, you are so close!!! It won't be long until you're in onederland again! How much fun 9 month olds are! So smiley and cute.

MrsSassy, 5 lbs in 4 days is awesome!!!

Joni, I can't wait to be where you are ... I have a LONG way away.

Hello to everyone else!

I'm having a day of procrastination... and I need to catch up. Weight loss is going fine. Exercise is going fine (except for my really sore body). But work ... ugh... I'm putting something together that I have no idea about, which makes it tough. I'll keep my head up and know that I'll eventually get it done, I always do.
    thanks! yeah, i'm trying. she'll be 9 months at the end of the month. she's such a happy baby overall. i also have a 6yr old and a 4yr old. and a hubby that is in the military and deploying soon. sucks, but at least when he gets back i'll definitely be at my goal and then some!
  • Hey All!

Kim- 1" cake once in a while is not really a big deal. I had 2 slices of DQ stawberry-banana Treatzza ( 170 cal each) over the weekend that my DH bought for my birthday and i still lost 2.4 lbs over 10 days.
    I agree with you on the "liking food" issue.Most people who are skinny and stay skinny do not really care much what they eat, when they eat.I have a friend who can gulp down a 1000 Cal meal one day at the buffeteria for lunch and some days she would just settle for a yogurt drink!!! Our problem is too much time and enery goes towards planning meals...lol.

Joni- I never realized being heavier in the evenings is a common thing!I always go for a WI at our local COD after 6 pm ( less traffic).I noticed that there is like 2lbs difference when I weigh myself in the morning at home...I used to blame my home scale !!!!
    Like I weighed 145.2 yesterday evening...and I weigh around 143 this morning!!!

MrsSassy- That is probably the water-weight you lost!Same happened to me when I started the program in August...i lost 4.5 lbs in just 2 days after FF and lost only 1 lb in next 5 days.You will start seeing the difference after a week.

Erin- you are inspirational!I wouldn't have been able to resist the coffee cake!!Sometimes I wonder whoever came up with this combination from ****...sugar+flour+butter...ahhhh!!!!

Jillian- I sooooo admire you!!!Home alone with 6,4 and 0 year olds must be a full time job+over time on its own!!!You are doing awesome job with your weight loss.

Later...
  • Mrs Sassy, You have a great start! Weight fluctuates day to day more than we can lose in fat day to day, so you have to wait and take the trend over time.

Jillian, You were just burning down the scale there for a little while, so it is just normal for the losing to take a little breather. I swear there was a time that everytime I logged in it was Jillian's down again. Almost enough to get me to find the 30 day shred DVD. I did do the old reliable 8 minute abs and 8 minute arms this morning with the DH. He loves that old DVD, and really it is a good little workout.

Erin, Hopefully you will only be sore for a few days.

Nicole, I know you love cake. Great job on the 30DS.

Joni, Good to see you back posting again.
  • Hi Ladies:

Joni, it's killing me but I'm still sticking to the plan and hoping that the 'clumps' start coming off so I know if this is working for me or not. I'd hate to waste 4-6 weeks of thinking I was doing well, and then have nothing happen. As frustrated as I feel, this forum will keep me going - it did before and I was very successful.

Mrs Sassy. I'd love to see -5 pounds on the scale. Even water weight, I'd take it. Believe me, the older we get the longer it takes to see results ( and I didn't even know I was considered older...).

Hugs to everyone else. Gotta run, SU is going to beat Rutgers in basketball tonight and I have to see it for myself (fingers crossed of course). I'll be flipping between the SU game and American Idol.

• Hey guys! So many new faces, it's awesome!!

I've been lurking, not much to report. Been OP for a week now and am down 2.5 lbs. Could have been more, but I know what my issues are and am adjusting.

Sy- hang in there girl. I know how freakin frustrating it is to stall, plateau, whatever you want to call it. I usually give up when that happens! I gave up this past summer after eating OP and working out like crazy for 3 weeks, and I've gained 15 lbs since then! It will come off!

Erin- good luck with TO/FF!! Remember as torturous as it is, you want big #s!! Good job on the elliptical! DH and I are shopping for one currently.

Mrs. Sassy- congrats on 5 lbs, that's fabulous!! Keep it up!!

Katie- that's so awesome that you're pursuing your dream! Not many people can do that and I wish you the best of luck!

Hey Kim!

MJ- thanks for the GI info! Youre an inspiration girl!

Hello to those I missed!

Newbies- we have a group on facebook, you should find us!
  • Hey Jersey Girl : I'm going to lose these 40 pounds this year no matter what. If I'm unsuccessful after giving it my best effort for 4 weeks and I don't see any results... I'm making a doctor's appointment to have blood work done to have my hormone levels checked. We can do this! I can do this!!!

All: I read an article in our local paper this week and wanted to share... http://blog.syracuse.com/healthfitness/2010/01/bunny_dimmel_weighs_in_learnin.html
    This article is written by a women "Bunny". She talks her life with food, and how she's managed to keep off the 250 pounds she has lost. This article hit me. She had a husband who died of cancer, something that couldn't be fixed. She decided that her 'illness' (my words not her's) of being overweight was something that could be fixed. She struggles everyday but has managed to keep her weight in check. I like reading her blog, you may too!?

Working on Day 11... The saga continues...

Have a happy day!
  • Good Morning! I've been back on plan and feel SOOO much better. Night time snacking is my biggest obstacle. Glad to see that LAWL still has so many followers!