LA compared to other diets.. low cal??

• OK.. so I have been searching most of the day on the forum for the answer to my question and I couldn't find it. I really wanted to hear people's opinions so that is why I just made a new thread.

To the point:

I did LAWL a few years ago and was pretty successful. Ended up losing about 35 lbs. Learning to eat better was great, but I got so sick of eating the same food.

Yesterday I started back up on my plan. I intend on using LAWL because I already know what to do and already know the measurements of things.

BUT I was wondering if there was anyone who had tried LAWL and also tried another form of diet such as counting calories. Which one was better for you? Was one more successful than the other?

I am just trying to figure out what to do. Changing my eating habits is SO hard and I want to do it right.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
  • Quote:
    BUT I was wondering if there was anyone who had tried LAWL and also tried another form of diet such as counting calories. Which one was better for you? Was one more successful than the other?

I am just trying to figure out what to do. Changing my eating habits is SO hard and I want to do it right.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
    I tried Curves online diet plan for a while...based on counting calories. There you are allowed all kinds of food...no restrictions.But it did not work for me because of all the processed food full of sodium. LAWL really works.
  • Diets are low-calorie essentially-how low depends on how much you have to lose and how much you currently weigh. The difference in counting calories is that you can eat high calorie foods-but those are generally not very satisfying-low in fiber, protein, high in fat. Makes it hard to stick to. LAWL is pretty low carb, high in lean protein, veggies and fiber.

If you stick to healthy foods-then sure you can count calories. LAWL just makes it a little easier but figuring out the portions for you.
  • Thank you MJ and juliemarie! Since I did LAWL in the past and was successful I think I am going to stick with it.

My DH was talking to me about doing the calorie counting thing, but then he said I should stick with what I KNOW works and that I already understand.